Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 26
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 7:23:55 PM EDT
[#1]
My guess is Remington had a bunch of extra 14.5's but they hadn't been finished, then got an order for the 11.5's, so they cut them to make them work and then finished them.  Anyone's guess.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 8:53:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My guess is Remington had a bunch of extra 14.5's but they hadn't been finished, then got an order for the 11.5's, so they cut them to make them work and then finished them.  Anyone's guess.
View Quote
Even if the barrel hadn’t been profiled, the roll mark is still in the wrong spot for a 14.5”. It seems pretty obvious to me it was just a fuck up before the front sight tower was installed. There’s no possible way that the 11.5” barrels with the restamped marking were profiled as the 14.5 contour and then cut down.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 8:58:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:13:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Please stop with the cut down posts, we just cleared this up on the last page. The gas port size and chrome lining at the muzzle indicate they were manufactured as 11.5's.  If They were production change barrels from anything they were most likely manufactured as the quickly sold out non FSB 11.5 barrels and then profiled down and fitted for a FSB. The milspec FSB extends further forward than almost all current low profile gas locks, so the remaining barrel markings being found under the front leg of the milspec FSB would be consistent with the markings being visable with a standard low profile gas block. If someone purchased both we could probably figure that out.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 12:19:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Please stop with the cut down posts, we just cleared this up on the last page. The gas port size and chrome lining at the muzzle indicate they were manufactured as 11.5's.  If They were production change barrels from anything they were most likely manufactured as the quickly sold out non FSB 11.5 barrels and then profiled down and fitted for a FSB. The milspec FSB extends further forward than almost all current low profile gas locks, so the remaining barrel markings being found under the front leg of the milspec FSB would be consistent with the markings being visable with a standard low profile gas block. If someone purchased both we could probably figure that out.
View Quote
I have both the non FSP and FSP 11.5 barrels and the markings are in the same spot on both.

This is the non fsp
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 12:45:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have both the non FSP and FSP 11.5 barrels and the markings are in the same spot on both.

This is the non fsp
https://i.imgur.com/WxeVYWxh.jpg
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 9:12:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Okay! I relent. I ordered the 11.5, too, along with a couple delta ring assemblies.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered another 14.5" Socom and went ahead and ordered two of the Bushmaster 1:7 16" M4 barrels with chrome-lining for $99.  Also a good deal.

You can put together some cheap uppers with these bad boys.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 4:32:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I ordered another 14.5" Socom and went ahead and ordered two of the Bushmaster 1:7 16" M4 barrels with chrome-lining for $99.  Also a good deal.

View Quote
I really wish they did the $300 build kit with the 1/7 instead of the 1/9.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 5:16:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I got the shipping notice for the 11.5 barrel that’s listed for $20 more. I’ll get some pics up when I get it Wednesday.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I thought that the $179 DPMS 16" chromed M4 upper with quad rail would be decent for that purpose, too.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 7:03:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
I’ve been trying to resist those Bushmaster barrels too, seem like a good deal. If they were 14.5 I would already have at least 2.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 8:21:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
This!
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 9:36:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This!
This

I’ve never cared for a 16” m4 profile.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 10:21:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
I’ve been debating on one of those barrels as well.
Don’t forget to mention the Bushmaster complete flattop receivers for $48.89.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I’ve been debating on one of those barrels as well.
Don’t forget to mention the Bushmaster complete flattop receivers for $48.89.
View Quote
I just ordered some of the Bushmaster uppers. I’ll check back with a quality review.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 10:13:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I just ordered some of the Bushmaster uppers. I’ll check back with a quality review.
View Quote
The one I received recently was, as mentioned, Mueller Brass forge marked, and seems perfectly fine for the price. There is a divot, appears to be a forge blemish, on the deflector, but I don't care. Nothing I care about. I'm not building museum pieces.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 10:14:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The one I received recently was, as mentioned, Mueller Brass forge marked, and seems perfectly fine for the price. There is a divot, appears to be a forge blemish, on the deflector, but I don't care. Nothing I care about. I'm not building museum pieces.
View Quote
Do the bushmaster uppers have t marks?
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 10:38:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Do the bushmaster uppers have t marks?
View Quote
This one did.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 10:41:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Would that be these that are t marked?
bushmaster upper
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 11:05:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Would that be these that are t marked?
bushmaster upper
View Quote
Correct. The one I received was T marked, but not paint filled.

I have a second on the way for the 11.5 I ordered, so we'll see what round two brings!
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 12:43:23 PM EDT
[#22]
I ordered one 14.5” barrel and three Bushmaster uppers.  I’m hoping they are Mueller uppers.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 1:49:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I ordered one 14.5” barrel and three Bushmaster uppers.  I’m hoping they are Mueller uppers.
View Quote
What is a mueller upper?
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 2:20:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What is a mueller upper?
View Quote
Square forging mark. Colt has used them quite a bit.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
I wonder if these are the uppers that are/were being used for the Colt counterfeits floating around. They are T marked, but not paint filled. Does yours have the M4 marking on the front?
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 2:30:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Square forging mark. Colt has used them quite a bit.
View Quote
Incorrect. Square = Brass Aluminum Forging Enterprises, LLC.

The Mueller Brass mark is a fat M with a small diamond or triangle on top.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 2:33:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I wonder if these are the uppers that are/were being used for the Colt counterfeits floating around. They are T marked, but not paint filled. Does yours have the M4 marking on the front?
View Quote
I'll let you know when I get home. I remember the forge mark and something on the front (or rear?) lug.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 2:36:35 PM EDT
[#28]
All of the Mueller ones I have had were good uppers.  So I’m hoping for the best, but honestly for $48 complete uppers I’m likely to be happy.  Anderson uppers are like $35 stripped...
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 3:09:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Incorrect. Square = Brass Aluminum Forging Enterprises, LLC.

The Mueller Brass mark is a fat M with a small diamond or triangle on top.
View Quote
Crap, duh. Got a new born at the house and running off of 2 weeks of no sleep..
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 3:14:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
No worries! Been there, done that and may even do it again!

It's only fresh in my mind because I just researched it after that upper arrived with a mark I'd never encountered before.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 6:49:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 8:32:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
We can remember all of the things some of the time but never all the things all of the time.

Can't wait for old age....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No worries! Been there, done that and may even do it again!

It's only fresh in my mind because I just researched it after that upper arrived with a mark I'd never encountered before.
We can remember all of the things some of the time but never all the things all of the time.

Can't wait for old age....
Ha! I'll remember dumb gun stuff long after everything else has gone, I'm sure!

Okay, I had a look at the upper. There are no markings over the gas tube hole. The only other marks on it are on the back of the rear lug, an M with a line over it, bracketed by dots.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 9:12:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Ha! I'll remember dumb gun stuff long after everything else has gone, I'm sure!

Okay, I had a look at the upper. There are no markings over the gas tube hole. The only other marks on it are on the back of the rear lug, an M with a line over it, bracketed by dots.
View Quote
Does it look like it’s to spec?  Any of the dry lube coating on the inside?
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 9:27:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Does it look like it’s to spec?  Any of the dry lube coating on the inside?
View Quote
No dry lubricant coating inside that I can see.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#36]
My order for 3 bushmaster uppers came in today. I’m very pleased. All three are Muller forge t numbered. (No paint)  excellent deal imho for $48.95
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:41:53 PM EDT
[#37]
The forging has almost nothing to do with whether your upper is going to be in spec anyways.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 2:33:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Just installed my barrel on an Aero upper, strangely enough it matched up exactly at 30 ft. lbs.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:50:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The forging has almost nothing to do with whether your upper is going to be in spec anyways.
View Quote
It’s just part of the equation.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 9:43:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Finally got my upper assembled with 14.5" Rem barrel. I've got an LMT BCG and BCM charging handle waiting for it to have the pin welded in to the FH by my buddy. My second 14.5" arrived Saturday and I have a FDE receiver set that I was thinking of using for that one. Something about an all FDE M4A1 is appealing to me, then I'd have Black & Tan.

Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:40:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Finally got out to shoot the 14.5 and 11.5 barrels.

11.5 (Non FSP) - Definitely over gassed.

11.5 (FSP) - Shot well, gas was fine. May need a little bit of tuning.

14.5 (FSP) - Was pleasantly surprised with this. Accurate, took minimal adjustment to zero. Gas was fine with the A5H2. Pretty much shot just like my Colt socom barrels.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:00:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Finally got out to shoot the 14.5 and 11.5 barrels.

11.5 (Non FSP) - Definitely over gassed.

11.5 (FSP) - Shot well, gas was fine. May need a little bit of tuning.

14.5 (FSP) - Was pleasantly surprised with this. Accurate, took minimal adjustment to zero. Gas was fine with the A5H2. Pretty much shot just like my Colt socom barrels.
View Quote
Nice
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:34:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
This was my exact experience. Just as accurate as the Colt Socom, if not a slight edge over it. I’m going to try a more controlled comparison this weekend. I’ve since stuck a Eotech exps2-0 on the Colt barreled upper and took it out again since the last comparison and it seemed to shoot much better, or I’m just better with the Eotech than the Comp M4s.

I’ve received my 11.5” barrel with the marks on the portion of the barrel that’ll be under the handguards. It’s really nice. Haven’t had a chance to take decent pics, but I’ll get some as well as measurements of the gas port. F marked B 2 front sight post. I’m working on another M4 clone and then will he building something around the 11.5 barrel.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:16:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Barrel and uppers arrived.  I’m very happy with the uppers and the barrel so far.  I’m ordering a RISII for this so hopefully it’ll be legit.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 9:29:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Barrel and uppers arrived.  I’m very happy with the uppers and the barrel so far.  I’m ordering a RISII for this so hopefully it’ll be legit.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/249363/2A134668-DF19-4452-8E34-18D49D23EC5C_jpe-1270265.JPG
View Quote
Now we're talking!
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 12:44:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It’s just part of the equation.
View Quote
I don't even think it is part of the equation. I think the manufacturer's will buy from whomever they have a relationship with.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 12:03:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Has anyone jumped on the Bushmaster barrels they're selling?  If so, what is the consensus?
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:01:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Has anyone jumped on the Bushmaster barrels they're selling?  If so, what is the consensus?
View Quote
I picked up on the “Socom” barrels. 16” mid gas heavy.

It’s damn nice looking. I haven’t shot it yet. But it’s pretty. Non f marked  fsb.

Edit to add: the pics are one page 4.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 10:30:14 PM EDT
[#49]
11.5” Rem Socom.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 10:31:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Should be a Like button here.
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top