Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 26
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 1:09:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Has anyone jumped on the Bushmaster barrels they're selling?  If so, what is the consensus?
View Quote
Haven't shot them yet but very happy with the 3 I bought. Fit and finish is very good.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 12:11:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Haven't shot them yet but very happy with the 3 I bought. Fit and finish is very good.
View Quote
Purchased a pair of the Bushmaster M4-barrels (1x9 twist) and both appear to be well done.  One has a sizable "burr" left-over from the drilling of the gas-port.  Otherwise the chamber and bores are beautiful.  LOTS of long-term grease/lube applied to both...….

Both are marked with a capital "H" behind the gas-block/A-frame front sight base.  Does the "H" signify a Huntsville-manufactured barrel?
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 1:35:06 PM EDT
[#3]
My barrel was covered in a weird black dye, maybe a preservative. The front sight base is a little canted front to back, hopefully a non issue.

Link Posted: 2/14/2020 1:58:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Does CDNN or anyone else have a super cheap buttstock finish off one of these rifles?  $99 barrel and $40 upper, I don't wanna spend $40 or so on a basic buttstock.  I'll get some pics up later, but I can attest that the fit/finish on all of these from CDNN is great.  Seems like the Chrome is super thick, too.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My barrel was covered in a weird black dye, maybe a preservative. The front sight base is a little canted front to back, hopefully a non issue.

https://i.ibb.co/ZMTkt7r/6-AE16-F7-D-6-E1-C-44-A8-AB07-1235-C4-F01922.jpg
View Quote
Damn.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 2:02:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Does CDNN or anyone else have a super cheap buttstock finish off one of these rifles?  $99 barrel and $40 upper, I don't wanna spend $40 or so on a basic buttstock.  I'll get some pics up later, but I can attest that the fit/finish on all of these from CDNN is great.  Seems like the Chrome is super thick, too.
View Quote
Check Schulyer Arms?
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 3:39:50 PM EDT
[#7]
CDNN has mil spec Bushmaster stocks for $15.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 4:29:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
CDNN has mil spec Bushmaster stocks for $15.
View Quote
Ordered one when they had first put them on the site for 10 and it was a commercial size not mil spec size as the ad stated that I received.
Got one of the Core ones also. Has plastic sling swivel.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 8:37:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
CDNN lists a complete Bushmaster M4 stock kit for $29.99. That is stock, tube, spring, buffer, nut and end plate. It is advertised as mil-spec, but.........
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Purchased a pair of the Bushmaster M4-barrels (1x9 twist) and both appear to be well done.  One has a sizable "burr" left-over from the drilling of the gas-port.  Otherwise the chamber and bores are beautiful.  LOTS of long-term grease/lube applied to both...….

Both are marked with a capital "H" behind the gas-block/A-frame front sight base.  Does the "H" signify a Huntsville-manufactured barrel?  
View Quote
Mine is 1/7 CL 16" with FSB. Shot it today and I really like it. Definitely good groups for what it is. Ran both steel and brass no problem.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 9:48:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I’d send that back if it were mine. That looks awful.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 10:32:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I’d send that back if it were mine. That looks awful.
View Quote
I already removed the swivel, so I'm just going to use it. The barrel, extension and chrome lining all really look great. It's just one ugly sight base. I think it was forged by an orc. It will be hidden somewhat by the RIS 2.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 10:47:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I just chopped my 14.5” Remington’s FSB for use under a Geissele Mk8.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:09:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I just chopped my 14.5” Remington’s FSB for use under a Geissele Mk8.
View Quote
I’m planning to do the same with my 11.5 barrel. Just can’t get the dang fsp off to confirm the gas port is .070. It’s the barrel with the marking where the handguards will be, and I’m worried it might not be .070 like the other 11.5” barrels have been.

You do it yourself or did you send it to someone?
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:28:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I’m planning to do the same with my 11.5 barrel. Just can’t get the dang fsp off to confirm the gas port is .070. It’s the barrel with the marking where the handguards will be, and I’m worried it might not be .070 like the other 11.5” barrels have been.

View Quote
FWIW, you can shave/contour the FSB without removing, (I know that you want to confirm GP sizing), just throwing it out there. Delta removal with Dremel is quick if needed also. Bayo lug may need chopped as well.

With the right tools, proper support, and some ass those pins will move.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:07:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
From what we've seen, if the barrel is marked 070, then the gas port is .070.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 2:11:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

From what we've seen, if the barrel is marked 070, then the gas port is .070.
View Quote
The ones with the Rem markings in a different location don’t have the .070 mark.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

FWIW, you can shave/contour the FSB without removing, (I know that you want to confirm GP sizing), just throwing it out there. Delta removal with Dremel is quick if needed also. Bayo lug may need chopped as well.

With the right tools, proper support, and some ass those pins will move.
View Quote
I believe I’ve slightly mushroomed the pins. I want to keep the fsp, so won’t be shaving it down lol the bayonet lug won’t interfere with the 10.3” barrel. From my understanding, that’s why the MK18 was shortened to10.3 and no shorter. I may just drill the end of the pin and then knock it out. I have an extra set of pins.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 5:12:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Block II-ish build with Remington 14.5” SOCOM.

ETA:  I’ve built many Block II clones so I realize this is a modification of that style of gun.  Not clone correct.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 5:36:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I believe I’ve slightly mushroomed the pins. I want to keep the fsp, so won’t be shaving it down lol the bayonet lug won’t interfere with the 10.3” barrel. From my understanding, that’s why the MK18 was shortened to10.3 and no shorter. I may just drill the end of the pin and then knock it out. I have an extra set of pins.
View Quote
I musta read it wrong above. Thought you responded that you intended to chop for under railed handguard as the other poster intended.

And yeah, MK18 is 10.3" due to the shortest length allowed in respect to bayo mounting ability.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:00:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I musta read it wrong above. Thought you responded that you intended to chop for under railed handguard as the other poster intended.

And yeah, MK18 is 10.3" due to the shortest length allowed in respect to bayo mounting ability.
View Quote
Actually, I read the other guys post wrong. Thought he was going for an MK18 clone. I’ll be going for a MK18 mod 0 or mod 1. KAC rail. Prefer fsp’s. Don’t actually own an AR without one lol other than my AR10.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:22:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Mine came the same way, except the FSB was not canted. My 11.5” had a better finished FSB similar to my Colts
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:32:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Just an FYI...this tool makes quick work of FSB pin removal.

Amazon Product
  • Comes with a finishing punch and Starter punch
  • Works on A2 front sights
  • Also works on Smith and Wesson single-taper pin gas Blocks

Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:38:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Attachment Attached File

These....mentioned HERE in this thread are supposed to be nice kit for taper pin removal.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 1:41:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 2:12:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just an FYI...this tool makes quick work of FSB pin removal.

www.amazon.com/dp/B07792P951
View Quote
That's what I use and It works wonders. Just make sure you read the directions. A buddy of mine said the kit was worthless and I asked him to show me why........he was using the block the wrong direction and trying to punch pins out against a solid surface
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 2:11:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Well after about 2 hours of fooling with it, I’ve confirmed the 11.5” with the Rem markings on the barrel where the handguard will sit does in fact have a .070 gas port. I mushroomed the pin, and so had to carefully drill a portion of it out. It wasn’t budging at all. Ended up having to modify a tapered punch and using a 20 ton press to bust it loose lol Luckily I had an extra set of pins. Greased it up really well when putting it back on so that I hopefully won’t ever run into the same issue again with this barrel. Looks like I’ll definitely be sending this one off to be cut to 10.3”. Didn’t want to cut it if the port was any larger.

Link Posted: 2/16/2020 6:49:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Are the 14.5 barrels not parked under the FSB as well?
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Are the 14.5 barrels not parked under the FSB as well?
View Quote
Yes.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 7:54:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Mine wasn’t parked under the FSB.  But most of my colts weren’t either as near as I remember.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 8:21:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Well after about 2 hours of fooling with it, I’ve confirmed the 11.5” with the Rem markings on the barrel where the handguard will sit does in fact have a .070 gas port. I mushroomed the pin, and so had to carefully drill a portion of it out. It wasn’t budging at all. Ended up having to modify a tapered punch and using a 20 ton press to bust it loose lol Luckily I had an extra set of pins. Greased it up really well when putting it back on so that I hopefully won’t ever run into the same issue again with this barrel. Looks like I’ll definitely be sending this one off to be cut to 10.3”. Didn’t want to cut it if the port was any larger.

https://i.imgur.com/SjQwQV3l.jpg
View Quote
Out of curiosity, is your barrel not marked on the left hand side about an inch in front of the FSP? I know the ones with the REM markings in front of the FSP were marked 070
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Mine wasn’t parked under the FSB.  But most of my colts weren’t either as near as I remember.
View Quote
Every Colt bbl that Ive seen/ owned has been parked under FSB.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 9:02:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Every Colt bbl that Ive seen/ owned has been parked under FSB.
View Quote
Maybe it was just discolored on them and I’m not remembering correctly.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 9:11:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Out of curiosity, is your barrel not marked on the left hand side about an inch in front of the FSP? I know the ones with the REM markings in front of the FSP were marked 070
View Quote
No, no .070 marking. I figured it was .070, but didn’t want to risk having it cut and then having an overpassed rifle. They just have the Rem marking on the area where the handguards sit, and there was a partial stamp on the barrel past the fsp. A part of a triangle or diamond, and something partial in the center of it, but can’t make it out.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 11:26:23 AM EDT
[#35]
I fent. $187 out the door for a CHF SOCOM barrel isn’t bad. Colt barrels are getting scarce and $300 plus these days on the EE.

It’s probably as good as Colt based off the feedback here minus the parkerizing, which isn’t a deal killer as my LMT Upper isn’t parked under the FSB either. I’ve been wanting a SOCOM barrel for a while to match my issue weapon.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 12:19:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I fent. $187 out the door for a CHF SOCOM barrel isn’t bad. Colt barrels are getting scarce and $300 plus these days on the EE.

It’s probably as good as Colt based off the feedback here minus the parkerizing, which isn’t a deal killer as my LMT Upper isn’t parked under the FSB either. I’ve been wanting a SOCOM barrel for a while to match my issue weapon.
View Quote
I got lucky recently and snatch up a new Colt Socom barrel for $200. At first, that’s one of the reasons I was having a hard time paying just $20 less for an unproven Remington Socom barrel. As I’ve mentioned since though, I’m extremely pleased. So far it’s been shooting just as well as my Colt, and the finish, other than the bare metal under the FSP, is just as nice on mine. If I didn’t have a few too many builds going on already, I’d grab a couple more. At least one more. I’m hoping they’re still available once I get caught up.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:29:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Be advised that all 11.5 barrels are up to $199 now.

14.5s still holding at $179.

That is all.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 12:30:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That is all.
View Quote
Funny you mention the 11.5” price.  Was going to buy one but now I’m annoyed CDNN keeps jacking up the prices.  It’s their right to do it, but now they’ve priced themselves to a point where I’ll just buy a DD CHF.

I don’t mind the $179 I paid for my 14.5” but they keep moving the price.  I’m out, now.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 1:17:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That is all.
View Quote
Wow, yep, looks like both of the 11.5” are $200 lol I need to grab another 14.5” before they go up. I just don’t need to have another freaking build to be working on lol
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 1:38:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Tnte posted this the other day. I haven’t seen any on their site yet though.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Went together pretty smooth, no issues with the gas tube. The taper pins were really stubborn, had to put a little touch up black on the FSB. Still a little odd looking, but should be functional.

Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:47:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Went together pretty smooth, no issues with the gas tube. The taper pins were really stubborn, had to put a little touch up black on the FSB. Still a little odd looking, but should be functional.

https://i.ibb.co/xqy8Gmb/33-E7966-F-249-F-4442-9-FA0-2-EDD861-A3661.jpg
View Quote
I really like the FSB BLK II builds.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:21:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I really like the FSB BLK II builds.
View Quote
That's what mine is destined to become, too! Make a nice companion upper to my mk18 mod 1.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:14:41 PM EDT
[#44]
I contacted CDNN weeks ago asking how many 11.5s I would need to buy to get the original price of $99. I was hoping I could purchase 10, keep one, and sell the rest on here for cost plus shipping so more of us could get a deal. I was informed to contact one of their “professional” sales people. Needless to say, the CSR was less than helpful and basically said it was an introductory price and it wouldn’t happen again.

I have continued to email/bug them. Maybe if we get enough of us they will honor one of our requests.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:22:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I contacted CDNN weeks ago asking how many 11.5s I would need to buy to get the original price of $99. I was hoping I could purchase 10, keep one, and sell the rest on here for cost plus shipping so more of us could get a deal. I was informed to contact one of their “professional” sales people. Needless to say, the CSR was less than helpful and basically said it was an introductory price and it wouldn’t happen again.

I have continued to email/bug them. Maybe if we get enough of us they will honor one of our requests.
View Quote
Jesus, it's a web based company not a swap meet.  Freaking sense of entitlement nowadays...
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:30:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Thanks for being a positive contributor to the thread.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:36:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Thanks for being a positive contributor to the thread.
View Quote
And to society, unlike cheap whiners
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 4:28:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Well my 11.5” is on its way to JT with Retro Arms to be cut down to 10.3”. Should have it back in 2-3 weeks based on his estimate. That’ll give me enough time to squirrel away some parts to be able to finish the build when I get it back.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 9:36:15 PM EDT
[#49]
My $99 REM 14.5 is on it's way to ADCO for the PW.

Not sure how I will finish the build, early M4 with carry handle, or red dot...? Undecided.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 12:48:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Anyone selling their $99 11.5 Remington SOCOM barrel?
Let me know.
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top