Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2016 3:45:53 PM EDT
Thought about getting a "BumpFire systems" stock, back when they were available (and only $99), but I couldn't afford it at the time, and now they're no longer produced due to a patent settlement with Slide Fire. Upon further reflection, I figured I like my fixed stocks better anyway. I recently found out about three different companies manufacturing 3-position trigger systems, for not much more than a Slide Fire stock. Sounded like the next best thing to a "giggle stick", but I am wondering what the difference is between them, and which one would be best over all? I know Franklin, Fulton, and Tac Con all make rapid fire triggers (Tac Con, in fact, makes two different ones, but I don't know what the difference is between the two). Anyone here have any experience with any of these triggers who can make an informed recommendation? I HAVE heard that at least ONE of the Tac Con triggers (the 3MR) essentially works like a bump-fire system, and frankly I like the idea of the Fulton and Franklin binary triggers better - simpler to use, less "learning curve". It's more one of those "get one before the state or the Bureau for the Absolute Termination of Freedom decides to ban it" sort of things. You know how they like to waffle and switch decisions on bans and restrictions (witness what has gone on over the past few years over SIG braces, M855 "green tip" ammo, etc.)...
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:59:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I have used the Franklin gen 2 trigger and I was fairly pleased with it.  I sold it last March to buy a Fostech Echo.  Right now my Echo is (finally) in the mail! Franklin has since released the gen 3 trigger which appears to be quite a bit better than the gen 2.

I think the Franklin gen 3 would arrive quite a bit faster than the echo and is a pretty good system.  The only caveat is to make sure you have a fast running upper so you can't outrun your carrier.  Get a really slow upper (rifle gas with heavy buffer and full weight M16 carrier) and you may occasionally shoot faster than the rifle can cycle.

Echo has a lockout mechanism that is supposed to control that, but I haven't gotten to sit down with it yet and confirm it works well.

I would avoid the Tac-Con, too many reports of it being difficult to shoot quickly.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 6:54:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Your post had me thinking about the Tac-Con, decided to give one a try for myself. I may not keep it for long but at least I'll be able to talk about my personal experience with them in the future.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 7:22:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have used the Franklin gen 2 trigger and I was fairly pleased with it.  I sold it last March to buy a Fostech Echo.  Right now my Echo is (finally) in the mail! Franklin has since released the gen 3 trigger which appears to be quite a bit better than the gen 2.

I think the Franklin gen 3 would arrive quite a bit faster than the echo and is a pretty good system.  The only caveat is to make sure you have a fast running upper so you can't outrun your carrier.  Get a really slow upper (rifle gas with heavy buffer and full weight M16 carrier) and you may occasionally shoot faster than the rifle can cycle.

Echo has a lockout mechanism that is supposed to control that, but I haven't gotten to sit down with it yet and confirm it works well.

I would avoid the Tac-Con, too many reports of it being difficult to shoot quickly.
View Quote

Sounds like I would want the Echo, then, as I have a full-sized rifle with a fixed buttstock...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top