BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 31
Posted: 10/26/2016 8:03:41 PM EDT
Anyone have any information on this trigger system?

echo trigger
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:39:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Junk.....It's an extremely dangerous, gimmicky trigger that's overpriced and marketed toward the weekend range warrior, living room operator crowd who thinks something like that is cool and will impress their buddies after it's installed in their DPMS or Bushmaster.

It fires when the trigger is released, TERRIBLE idea! Unfortunately, that company will make a ton of money because there are those that will actually buy it. It's not practical to use in a serious carbine/rifle. One is much better off, and safer to buy a Geissele trigger if you want to put rounds down range in a hurry.

There are YouTube videos of this thing and another that functions the same dangerous way. See how long they last after one of the living room operators has a ND and kills somebody because their gun fired when letting go of the trigger.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:47:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone have any information on this trigger system?

echo trigger
View Quote

MAC has a preview video on YouTube of this trigger. I'm pretty impressed at the ROF. I've got one on pre order so hopefully I'll know if it's worth it soon.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 7:45:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Junk.....It's an extremely dangerous, gimmicky trigger that's overpriced and marketed toward the weekend range warrior, living room operator crowd who thinks something like that is cool and will impress their buddies after it's installed in their DPMS or Bushmaster.

It fires when the trigger is released, TERRIBLE idea! Unfortunately, that company will make a ton of money because there are those that will actually buy it. It's not practical to use in a serious carbine/rifle. One is much better off, and safer to buy a Geissele trigger if you want to put rounds down range in a hurry.

There are YouTube videos of this thing and another that functions the same dangerous way. See how long they last after one of the living room operators has a ND and kills somebody because their gun fired when letting go of the trigger.
View Quote

Your last name isn't Zumbo by any chance is it?
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:31:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wat?
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:42:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty sure the echo is the one that actually works, and doesn't allow you to out run the BCG, so you don't run into an issue with the hammer following the bolt home and not firing.

It's basically a double tap mode that doesn't require a registered MG lower, to have similar functionality as a 3rnd burst mode.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:42:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote

It could be more dangerous! It could fire until the magazine is empty!

These type of triggers make Geissele look slow.  Treat them with respect and run them like a MG, ton's of fun.

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:25:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Get off my lawn!!

But seriously, I would hardly consider this the most dangerous thing in the world... if having a round fire on the pull and release is too dangerous for someone (even though the second round can be negated), just follow the basic rules of firearm safety and don't point it anything you don't want to destroy...
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 4:03:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

GTFO!

You're thinking about the TACCON 3MR. The Echo by all accounts is a great trigger.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 4:16:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

This must be jrzy other account.....
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 4:39:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Was hoping to get an update on the release date and get this instead  
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 4:40:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Eta: the irony of a double tap post in this thread. I could have killed someone.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I was looking at this a few months ago when i was planning a build. But decided to get a geissele for half the price. I still like the echo and from what ive seen its a decent trigger and sure it could be "dangerous" but if you have any common sence about firearm safety then your fine. Get a geissele and you will be happy. Save the extra $200 for ammo
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I am more wondering why they have taken deposit for so long and shown demo of it but have yet to bring it to market.

I would love one but want to see it released before I order it
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Theres a thread on here all about it. I think they had some issue they had to fix or something like that
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I HAVE TO COLT M16'S FULL AUTO MORE THAN ONE ROUND(RIGHT) - YET TO SHOOT ANYONE
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:10:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:26:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

HUH???
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HUH???

"Gentlemen, I have utilised the Colt M16 in shooting in the full auto selection many times, and have safely driven the machine gun without the loss of innocent life or injuring any bystanders"

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:27:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Theres a thread on here all about it. I think they had some issue they had to fix or something like that
View Quote

Yep, the finishing process isn't up to par, or the ATF wants them to revise the trip mechanism, depending on what month it is

I really do hope they release a user ready product, looks like fun.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:00:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

"Gentlemen, I have utilised the Colt M16 in shooting in the full auto selection many times, and have safely driven the machine gun without the loss of innocent life or injuring any bystanders"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HUH???

Well said
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

I like turtles!
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:11:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yep, the finishing process isn't up to par, or the ATF wants them to revise the trip mechanism, depending on what month it is

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. They keep on with the line that "we had some coating issues" or whatever (as if that takes almost a year to resolve? Seriously?). More like "we are waiting for ATF to approve this, even though we had to modify the design (after already taking pre orders) with a custom BCG, hoping to satisfy the ATF" (but you won't hear that from their mouths).
I had a pre order in March. I cancelled. I have no interest in a system that requires a "proprietary" carrier, nor a company that can't be honest and tell you what's really going on. It's quite obvious the reason they are giving is not the real reason. Add to that, they ignored my request for a refund, until I had to (basically) threaten CC dispute and BAM!... email the next day assuring refund.
F'in shady and I'll not do business with them EVER again.
To each their own.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:37:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

wat

I think I lost brain cells reading that.

Echo looks really cool, I'm waiting for it to actually be released before I get one though
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 9:42:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Get off my lawn!!

But seriously, I would hardly consider this the most dangerous thing in the world... if having a round fire on the pull and release is too dangerous for someone (even though the second round can be negated), just follow the basic rules of firearm safety and don't point it anything you don't want to destroy...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get off my lawn!!

I disagree, on its own it isn't but as soon as you tell your wife you spent 500 on just a trigger it becomes very dangerous
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 9:54:28 AM EDT
[#25]
To the "guns are dangerous" crowd, we can now offer them: "yes, and especially those binary triggers!".

And by the way, speaking strictly as a physician, it's not guns that are dangerous. It's those pointy metal things that fly out the end.

G.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 7:00:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Their last promise was "shipping by Nov 1st at the latest." I'm wondering what their excuse will be this time. Im still hoping I'll get mine before HRC bans them.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 8:23:49 AM EDT
[#27]
If they don't start shipping by December I'm going to cancel mine order and go with Franklin a least I know they sell to Oregon now
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 9:09:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Just get a real Machine Gun
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 9:30:08 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote
There aren't enough transferable machineguns for the members of this site to get one each.

Link Posted: 10/31/2016 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote
It's a no brainier, four hundred and change or thirty thousand.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 10:53:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

If only we could filed a form 1 for one. I all my SBRs would be MGs.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 10:57:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Their last promise was "shipping by Nov 1st at the latest." I'm wondering what their excuse will be this time. Im still hoping I'll get mine before HRC bans them.
View Quote

I think Dec will be the breaking point for most of the preorder people. I hope they ship in Nov as promised. We will have to wait and see what happens.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 11:05:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I disagree, on its own it isn't but as soon as you tell your wife you spent 500 on just a trigger it becomes very dangerous
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/31/2016 11:50:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I think Dec will be the breaking point for most of the preorder people. I hope they ship in Nov as promised. We will have to wait and see what happens.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll cancel mine if they push it back to next year.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Is there other options?
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 12:45:02 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Is there other options?
View Quote
Franklin BFS Gen III.

Link Posted: 10/31/2016 2:08:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Yeah, I think the date has been moved until the end of November now. I believe in the newest youtube video "hank strange" a rep from the company said end of November. Wasn't it supposed to be the first of November as the last release.date given? Either way, if it isn't here by the 1st of the year i predict it will turn into a monumental clusterfuck, with everyone wanting their deposit back and fostechs image will be impacted negatively.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 3:04:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yeah, I think the date has been moved until the end of November now. I believe in the newest youtube video "hank strange" a rep from the company said end of November. Wasn't it supposed to be the first of November as the last release.date given?.
View Quote

in the Hank Strange video he said Nov 1st at the latest. I absolutely cannot stand the lack of transparency or updates.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 3:13:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Well said
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HUH???

Well said

he speaks jive
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 3:15:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get off my lawn!!

Use female logic and tell your you saved $30k on a M16
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 4:49:10 AM EDT
[#41]
$500 trigger that lets you shoot twice as fast as you can pull the trigger...and comes with the awkwardness of having to remember that releasing the trigger also makes it go bang.
I can think of a VERY long list of things I would rather get for $500. 2, or 3 if you catch a good sale, Geissele triggers would be one of them.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 6:18:48 AM EDT
[#42]
I guess there is the awkwardness of remembering a M16 can go full auto at the flip of a switch.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 7:16:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
$500 trigger that lets you shoot twice as fast as you can pull the trigger...and comes with the awkwardness of having to remember that releasing the trigger also makes it go bang.
I can think of a VERY long list of things I would rather get for $500. 2, or 3 if you catch a good sale, Geissele triggers would be one of them.
View Quote

I can only think of a few times whete a fire on release of the trigger may cause an issue. The main place is hunting. But if you just keep it in the first position then nothing to worry about.  From what little I have seen they thought about issue with fire on release and made It that if the safety is put on it will prevent the second shot from going off.

What problems could you see whete a "double tap" be an issue?
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 8:29:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I can only think of a few times whete a fire on release of the trigger may cause an issue. The main place is hunting. But if you just keep it in the first position then nothing to worry about.  From what little I have seen they thought about issue with fire on release and made It that if the safety is put on it will prevent the second shot from going off.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the overall concept. If you take any semi auto or select fire gun, your knowledge/training tells you that pulling the trigger makes it go bang, and releasing the trigger makes it stop.
Now with any of these "echo" or "binary" triggers you have that one gun that has a mode where it does the exact opposite. This means you always have to make a conscious effort to release in a safe direction or put on safe while pulling the trigger. Super awkward.
Another consideration is in a self defense scenario - what are the chances of flipping the selector all the way? What are the chances of remembering that THIS gun can fire when the trigger is released?

Full auto guns are much safer in my opinion, these triggers are a tragedy and lawsuit waiting to happen.

Cheers.
S.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 8:42:32 AM EDT
[#45]
I don't know about you but any time I pull and release the trigger it is in a safe direction.
If you are in a servival situation and using a weapon with this system in it, you should be already well trained in its use. It comes down to know your weapon.

As for full auto being safer. You are flat out wrong on that point.  Many people can not control full auto and the weapon run away from them before they can release the trigger.  With this system the weapon can not run away.  You pull the trigger it goes bang then nothing happens until you release the trigger then it goes bang then nothing. Full auto pull the trigger and it continues to fire until it is empty or you release the trigger. This is lot more dangerous.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 9:17:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Nov. 1st came and past and nothing... this company is so full of shit... reminds me of the Duke Nukem sequel.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 9:53:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I don't know about you but any time I pull and release the trigger it is in a safe direction.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/2/2016 10:29:56 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

Has anyone received a shipment notification? If so, please list when you ordered. I haven't gotten a thing, ordered on April 11th.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 10:38:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Exactly.

Has anyone received a shipment notification? If so, please list when you ordered. I haven't gotten a thing, ordered on April 11th.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

It been move to December. I order mine April 2. Try to cancel it yesterday if I don't get a response I'll try to call them in a week
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 10:59:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It been move to December. I order mine April 2. Try to cancel it yesterday if I don't get a response I'll try to call them in a week
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

Where did you get that info?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 31
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top