Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/12/2020 4:08:49 PM EDT
I currently own a christensen CA15 G2 with carbon barrel. It's my Gucci gun, if you will. I have a POF renegade plus as my best around gun. I love the CA. It's the best built, smoothest, and lightest AR I've ever played my hands on. But it's basically a safe queen. So I've been considering selling it and snagging a Knights SR15 mod 2. So I could still have a Gucci gun but, maybe one that I'd shoot. Thoughts? Any other Gucci ARs to look at?
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 4:11:54 PM EDT
[#1]
KAC sr15 mod 2 is the king of ar15s if you ask me.

Id do it in a heart beat.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 4:14:08 PM EDT
[#2]
KAC for the resale value alone.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#3]
That's what everyone says. It's one of the few I've never handled. The CA really is a work if art but, something about the Knights pedigree is calling my name too.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 10:36:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I've considered getting the same thing, and I have a Christensen CA-15 Recon, which is their piston gun.  Fantastic gun, runs so incredibly smooth (and clean, for all the piston haters), but nobody puts it in the "top tier" even though it's definitely Gucci.  I think Christensen isn't given enough credit (especially on Arfcom) but it's a work of art.  Fit and finish is far, FAR better than my Daniel Defense.  But, DD has govt contracts, soooo they are better I guess.

Link Posted: 4/13/2020 12:16:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've considered getting the same thing, and I have a Christensen CA-15 Recon, which is their piston gun.  Fantastic gun, runs so incredibly smooth (and clean, for all the piston haters), but nobody puts it in the "top tier" even though it's definitely Gucci.  I think Christensen isn't given enough credit (especially on Arfcom) but it's a work of art.  Fit and finish is far, FAR better than my Daniel Defense.  But, DD has govt contracts, soooo they are better I guess.

https://i.imgur.com/K0mHcy8.jpg
View Quote

Piston, large diameter Keymod 9" rail, exposed gas block, that bbl profile...Gucci?
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 12:34:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I currently own a christensen CA15 G2 with carbon barrel. It's my Gucci gun, if you will. I have a POF renegade plus as my best around gun. I love the CA. It's the best built, smoothest, and lightest AR I've ever played my hands on. But it's basically a safe queen. So I've been considering selling it and snagging a Knights SR15 mod 2. So I could still have a Gucci gun but, maybe one that I'd shoot. Thoughts? Any other Gucci ARs to look at?
View Quote

If you are not going to shoot it, it really doesn't matter. buy what ever you want and toss it in the safe.

Link Posted: 4/13/2020 12:36:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/K0mHcy8.jpg
View Quote

Daniel defense is better because you could probably take a carbine course and not worry about the rifle shitting the bed
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 12:44:38 AM EDT
[#8]
KAC
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 12:49:21 AM EDT
[#9]
You know you want the KAC....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 9:54:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Piston, large diameter Keymod 9" rail, exposed gas block, that bbl profile...Gucci?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks for playing along, proving my point about Arfcom.

Piston is definitely more Gucci than DI.

Not sure I'd call 1.5" diameter "Large" but okay. Yes it's keymod which I hate, but I bought this when everyone and their brother said Keymod was going to win (also back when DD/BCM was pushing Keymod hard too, for the record), and I only need sling swivels, which Keymod is fine for.

Barrel profile...it's CF? So you know, as light as a pencil barrel and stronger than a bull barrel? Do you even CF, bro?

Quoted:

Daniel defense is better because you could probably take a carbine course and not worry about the rifle shitting the bed

And I've shot both Christensen and Daniel Defense (since I own both and actually shoot my guns), and honestly, I've had fewer issues out of my Christensen.  It just runs. I've never had a single failure. Not one. More than I can say for my DD. At this point in time I have more faith in my Christensen than I do my DD, which is why I'm considering replacing the DD with a KAC that I referenced in looking at earlier.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 8:31:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not sure I'd call 1.5" diameter "Large" but okay. Yes it's keymod which I hate, but I bought this when everyone and their brother said Keymod was going to win (also back when DD/BCM was pushing Keymod hard too, for the record), and I only need sling swivels, which Keymod is fine for.

Barrel profile...it's CF? So you know, as light as a pencil barrel and stronger than a bull barrel? Do you even CF, bro?

And I've shot both Christensen and Daniel Defense (since I own both and actually shoot my guns), and honestly, I've had fewer issues out of my Christensen.  It just runs. I've never had a single failure. Not one. More than I can say for my DD. At this point in time I have more faith in my Christensen than I do my DD, which is why I'm considering replacing the DD with a KAC that I referenced in looking at earlier.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

KAC > that rifle for sure
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 8:52:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

KAC > that rifle for sure
View Quote

I 100% agree with you.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I do not own a CA AR, but I own one of their bolt guns in 300 WM and it’s an absolute piece of work, love it! The carbon fiber heats up quickly which is reassuring and makes me believe that it is effectively conducting heat away from the inner barrel (whether it does it better than an all steel barrel is a hot topic, I’m inclined to think all steel conducts heat better).

However, I don’t think this is a good comparison between a CA and KAC AR style rifle. I don’t think there are any examples of heavy use CA-15’s and it’s really a big risk if you plan on a high rate of fire. With the KAC, you know it’s going to stand up to a lot of rounds and a lot of heat. A carbon fiber wrapped barrel just doesn’t seem like a good fighting rifle barrel.

This seems like kind of an apples to oranges comparison.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:21:16 AM EDT
[#14]
I’ve never shot Christensen. Never heard of her...

I wouldn’t trade my SR-15 Mod 2 for anything though. Don’t see how it gets any better.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:44:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Christensen Arms, much like Wilson Combat and several others, build boutique rifles. They may do okay but bottom like is they’re slapping parts other manufacturers made (for the most part) and selling you a name. I try to stick with companies that do most of their rifles in house and those companies that innovate. That doesn’t leave a long list.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:01:46 AM EDT
[#16]
The KAC 14.5 Carbine P&W with NT4 MAMS is a super smooth platform that you can actually shoot and run hard. I absolutely love mine and the Mod2 gas system takes the SR15 series to a new level of awesomeness.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 6:22:42 PM EDT
[#17]
So I think the decision is made and I have a buyer. The Christensen although is an incredible work if art, probably a better hunting rifle than a tactical rifle. So last question, anyone here used a radian rifle? I'm about 90% on the knights train but, radian seems to have a lot to offer and people are claiming they're better shooting than the nights. Which is saying A LOT.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 6:29:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So I think the decision is made and I have a buyer. The Christensen although is an incredible work if art, probably a better hunting rifle than a tactical rifle. So last question, anyone here used a radian rifle? I'm about 90% on the knights train but, radian seems to have a lot to offer and people are claiming they're better shooting than the nights. Which is saying A LOT.
View Quote

I haven't owned a radian but all the youtube videos and online reviews of them make it look like a gucci hipster rifle.

I'd still take the kac 100% of the time.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:02:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I haven't owned a radian but all the youtube videos and online reviews of them make it look like a gucci hipster rifle.

I'd still take the kac 100% of the time.
View Quote

But I like Gucci shit! Bwahahaha. Yeah, I can say that nothing would feel quite like saying "oh this ol thing? It's a knights" lol
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:36:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Uh kac. This is not even close
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:38:47 PM EDT
[#21]

The Christensen. Carbon rails. Carbon barrel. Nitride bolt. Custom trigger. It IS pretty Gucci.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Kac isn't really Gucci imo
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think that’s what the point is. Gucci or not it’s better. I don’t disagree and I own a Christensen.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 9:46:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's not gucci...but it is the best.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 10:06:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's not gucci...but it is the best.
View Quote

Agreed

It's definitely got aesthetics going for it and cool factor but I wouldn't consider it Gucci. I think of Gucci gun like a glock that's milled and tricked out that looks cool but if I planned on using it I'd prefer a factory glock.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 10:12:01 AM EDT
[#26]
@Trip148

I recently did a small comparison of the KAC and RADIAN uppers here.

I did not compare the lowers; however, happy to do so if desired.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 10:33:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 10:37:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Gucci to me is when a manufacturer spends a huge amount of time making sure their product is cosmetically flawless. That's basically their selling point. Wilson Combat is the pinnacle of Gucci AR-15's.

KAC is not Gucci.

Bastard builds FTW!
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 4:08:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Do you have a reliable beater AR ? not judging... just saying , you'd be surprised how much fun a "I don't care AR" can be... it just keeps working so I enjoy it.
View Quote

This. Everyone needs a couple of each tier of factory AR. One or two PSA $400 specials as “who cares” rifles, a pair of mid grade rifles like Colt, DD, BCM, and a few really nice and solid “go to” AR’s like LMT or KAC. I’ve done this... beaters for on the ATV rack or behind the seat truck guns. A pile of Colts as backup rifles. And some KAC and LMT as my main squeeze.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 5:23:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Do you have a reliable beater AR ? not judging... just saying , you'd be surprised how much fun a "I don't care AR" can be... it just keeps working so I enjoy it.
View Quote

So, I have a POF renegade + as my "beat around" gun. And I'm going to do a cheaper build next. Also, I get the KAC isn't Gucci in terms of flashy, it's Gucci in terms of simply being one of the best rifles out there and it has a mistique to its name. That's what I mean by Gucci. Lol
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 5:35:19 PM EDT
[#31]
The Christensen is gone. The knights is here. Went with the 14.5 inch mod 2. Through a razor HD E on it. Need.tk.get a few more small things for it still but she's about ready to rock. Glad I made that call man this thing is Incredible.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The Christensen is gone. The knights is here. Went with the 14.5 inch mod 2. Through a razor HD E on it. Need.tk.get a few more small things for it still but she's about ready to rock. Glad I made that call man this thing is Incredible.https://photos.app.goo.gl/qqgc8N5juTxmrNfB9
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The Christensen is gone. The knights is here. Went with the 14.5 inch mod 2. Through a razor HD E on it. Need.tk.get a few more small things for it still but she's about ready to rock. Glad I made that call man this thing is Incredible.https://photos.app.goo.gl/qqgc8N5juTxmrNfB9
View Quote

Congratulations, it looks great! You will definitely enjoy it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 1:42:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Dear god stop with the “Gucci this Gucci that” you sound retarded.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 4:42:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. And anybody who owns a CA-15 should feel bad. What a pig.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:46:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Dear God if you don't like my expressions then just move on and stay in your lane.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 11:01:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is America and I can gucci if I want to
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Nice rifle OP. Any plans on suppressing it?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 3:50:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/ACtC-3c4V-36LAcSpLRM9e7YGKdsmbzICMX8xiMlQb6G2I6NnmPSe-kKkGJMopdr291ouxxvQJ7NFmu86xuLLGK-IsWi6pPgNmK77XVgsjZy-9Vfu9oQxDOoIvH7qmBka_hhVidLn8l2gU8plkIgcsRBacQjIg=w2728-h2047-no?authuser=0

Solid choice. I have have almost the exact same rifle.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:08:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Yeeppp. The dead air sandman s is in NFA jail s but she'll be home someday.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:08:50 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Gorgeous. I love it man!!
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 11:01:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This is America and I can gucci if I want to
View Quote

Gucci is a terrible choice for calling a gun, because they are gun grabbers. GG is a fitting abbreviation because GG=Gun Grabbers.
Link left cold: https://news.yahoo.com/gucci-donates-500-000-us-student-gun-reform-210253898.html
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top