BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 26
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 9:46:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I love the receiver extension on that rig. It almost looks like it’s finished in cork!

Cerakote treads lightly here… if you go a few pages back it was verboten.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 10:25:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Goody454:
I love the receiver extension on that rig. It almost looks like it’s finished in cork!

Cerakote treads lightly here… if you go a few pages back it was verboten.
View Quote

Theres a reason for that, it’s wrapped in Coyote adhesive Cordura.  .

It was almost white/raw aluminum looking when it got to me.  Lightest “tano” I’ve ever seen in my life.  So it’s wrapped until I figure out another solution (whether that be anodizing or Cerakote).

I kind of figured it would be verboten but saw some discussion a page or two back, so I decided to jump in.  On the flip side, there are a few tano parts lol.  T2 on the FAST is just a placeholder while I decide on a mount solution for the ACRO originally on this gun.  I have a tanodized B&T QR mount I might give a whirl since I already have it.  Only problem is it’s absolute CW, so I’ll need a riser as well.  Probably just pick up another FAST Micro as I have already have an adapter plate in hand.

Link Posted: 4/10/2023 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Someone just posted these in another thread…

Daniel Defense (Brown) fixed sights

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#5]
How do we know they are anodized and not Cerakoted?
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess I’ll have to buy one and find out…
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone have a link to pick up those Scalarworks clear anodized sights?
Don't see them on their site...
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 10:14:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Goody454] [#8]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:
How do we know they are anodized and not Cerakoted?
View Quote

@JJL0325 owns a copy of these and thinks they’re anodized.

The color matches the RIS rails, so this makes sense.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:08:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I’m going to have to send my Kodiak upper back. Barrel nut threads are too tight with various nuts. The PRI tube nut I want to use works fine on other uppers I have around.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:15:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Had a credit on Amazon and found some dingy looking wire management kit in tano. Looks okay but does anyone know of a U.S. made option for this? I know FCD has some but looking for smaller ones that run vertical instead like this thing.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:42:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#11]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
Had a credit on Amazon and found some dingy looking wire management kit in tano. Looks okay but does anyone know of a U.S. made option for this? I know FCD has some but looking for smaller ones that run vertical instead like this thing.

https://i.ibb.co/FzBpP5K/89-DF7-D78-B617-4706-9-DFF-261398-E085-BC.jpg
View Quote

Arson Machine

Their MLOK wire management stuff is high quality and available in Tano.

Their product descriptions are usually fairly comical as well.

ETA:  https://arsonmachine.com/product/wireguide-for-m-lok/
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:45:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#12]
Originally Posted By WUPHF:

Arson Machine

ETA:  https://arsonmachine.com/product/wireguide-for-m-lok/
View Quote

Fan freaking tastic. And shame on me as the one I got off Amazon is a 100% knock off of that. Order placed and thanks.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 7:23:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MackDaddy1962] [#13]
Originally Posted By WUPHF: Arson Machine

View Quote

That’s what I used, pictured earlier. Fantastic goods, and yup, available in Tanno too (icing on the cake.)

ETA: Older pic, but shows the goodness..

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:13:58 PM EDT
[#14]

https://i.ibb.co/FzBpP5K/89-DF7-D78-B617-4706-9-DFF-261398-E085-BC.jpg
View Quote

Dupe but yea, Arson makes fantastic stuff!!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:49:38 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a tano Ripcord receiver set in the EE if anyone is looking.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I asked Arisaka about getting an FDE 35 degree offset mount and he said Cerakote messes with tolerances, so they’re looking at alternatives to coatings. I’d assume that means tano is inbound but he didn’t say it outright.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 8:26:29 PM EDT
[#17]
I asked Arisaka about getting an FDE 35 degree offset mount and he said Cerakote messes with tolerances, so they’re looking at alternatives to coatings. I’d assume that means tano is inbound but he didn’t say it outright.
View Quote

Nice!!

Keep hassling these guys about more Tano!
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 6:50:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#18]
Arson tano! Wish I had got the loop one but oh well. They were a lot easier to install than the generic ones off Amazon. My Cloud cables are a tiny bit thicker and about 10X as stiff as my Surefire cables so I appreciate that. Going to mess around with placement a little bit more though. Definitely a million times easier than trying to manipulate them through Cloud’s switch.

Also realized my Arisaka MLOK nuts are shredding the back of my rail. Never seen that before so I pulled my Magpul MVG and they’re significantly different from each other. The tang on the Arisaka nuts protrudes about 33% of what the Magpuls do so they must be spinning against the rail under torque where as the Magpuls lock up before any real torque starts being applied.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 12:19:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Factory tano LMT

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 6:16:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Anyone getting any Geissele stuff from the Easter sale... im freaking stoked 80 for a lower is awesome
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:14:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Dropping this ADM 30mm Recon Scope Mount on the EE if anyone is looking for one. Sorry for the crappy pics, but my phone kinda sucks.

ADM Recon FDE by James H., on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 11:02:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By emtothedee:
Factory tano LMT

https://i.vgy.me/brFxDc.jpg
View Quote

I’m personally offended by how nice of a rifle you have there.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 11:11:47 PM EDT
[#23]

I’m personally offended by how nice of a rifle you have there.
View Quote

I second this.
One should not be able to buy a Tano rifle of this caliber…
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#24]
I see why Arisaka won’t use Cerakote on their offset MRDS mounts. They use a lug system that’s tighter than hell. I’ll have some low quality tano to add tomorrow and if anyone sees a Steiner MPS in FDE in stock anywhere let me know.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 8:05:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#25]
Reddit lied. The Vortex Viper in FDE is not anodized. Oh well. Alumahyde turned out great on the Arisaka mount at least. Quick crappy picture.

ETA: Better pics.

Link Posted: 4/23/2023 8:22:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Reddit lied. The Vortex Viper in FDE is not anodized. Oh well. Alumahyde turned out great on the Arisaka mount at least. Quick crappy picture.

https://i.ibb.co/1fdjrtt/D09-FE994-9132-4279-A176-E0-EFF9-A7-BBA7.jpg
View Quote

Those receivers look great with that shade of DDC!

Great build
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#27]

https://i.ibb.co/1fdjrtt/D09-FE994-9132-4279-A176-E0-EFF9-A7-BBA7.jpg
View Quote

Well sorted none the less. I like it for sure!
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks. This is more like a support group for empty wallets. About to start emptying mine on a 308 that will have a lot of tano next.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks. This is more like a support group for empty wallets.
View Quote

That's no shit!
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 9:48:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Any see a no-forward assist upper in Tan O? I can’t find one. I don’t understand why CMT would do DRT on their rails but not on their uppers…

Link Posted: 4/25/2023 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#31]
I posted this to the Colt Forum but figured y'all are Tan Fans so would share here.  Given Colt will do custom runs in factory tan, I reached out to a Colt LE dealer about their interest in doing an order.  I was told they weren't planning on doing so, BUT... was asked IF they did which model would be preferred.  So with that I told them I would seek opinions from the forums and get back with them.  If an order were placed, which Colt model(s) in tan would you prefer be available?
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By zgxtreme:
I posted this to the Colt Forum but figured y'all are Tan Fans so would share here.  Given Colt will do custom runs in factory tan, I reached out to a Colt LE dealer about their interest in doing an order.  I was told they weren't planning on doing so, BUT... was asked IF they did which model would be preferred.  So with that I told them I would seek opinions from the forums and get back with them.  If an order were placed, which Colt model(s) in tan would you prefer be available?
View Quote

CM901’s.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 7:51:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks. This is more like a support group for empty wallets. About to start emptying mine on a 308 that will have a lot of tano next.
View Quote

What buffer tube are you running on that rifle? I really dig that color and need to replace the FDE Cerakoted buffer on my gun because it is a pain in the ass moving the stock back and forth. I think the person that coated it went HAF with about five or six coats on that thing.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 8:01:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By jmh556:

What buffer tube are you running on that rifle? I really dig that color and need to replace the FDE Cerakoted buffer on my gun because it is a pain in the ass moving the stock back and forth. I think the person that coated it went HAF with about five or six coats on that thing.
View Quote

It’s a Kaw Valley coated in Cerakote Smoked Bronze. Not tano but no issues with adjustments.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 8:50:25 PM EDT
[#35]

It’s a Kaw Valley coated in Cerakote Smoked Bronze. Not tano but no issues with adjustments.
View Quote

Ok, it looks anodized. I think I might order either the Aero Enhanced Buffer Tube in Kodiak Brown or the Geissele in DDC. Tanks for the info.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 9:04:06 PM EDT
[#36]

Ok, it looks anodized. I think I might order either the Aero Enhanced Buffer Tube in Kodiak Brown or the Geissele in DDC. Tanks for the info.
View Quote

Another option from ADM I have one and it’s nicely done.

Regarding the support group comment… I feel like this thread is the equivalent of hosting an AA meeting at the local bar
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 9:08:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Brandonbeezy:
Anyone getting any Geissele stuff from the Easter sale... im freaking stoked 80 for a lower is awesome
View Quote

My Blemula DDC lower (that I certainly don’t need) just showed up at my FFL.

He also just received my new can (Turbo T3) that’s getting sent off soon for FDE/Coyote’ish Cerakote :)
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 11:22:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Regarding the support group comment… I feel like this thread is the equivalent of hosting an AA meeting at the local bar
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I’m sure lots of crackheads have quit smoking crack in the crack house.

That’s a compliment to me lol. I was going to get the ADM but I’ll just grab one my next build.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 8:00:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cbkenny] [#39]
Been following this thread for awhile now and decide I should take a stab at a tano/50 shades of fde building.

Link Posted: 5/1/2023 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#40]

Great first post!!  And great rifle!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Appreciate it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 12:09:47 AM EDT
[#42]

Wicked. Job well done!
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 1:08:54 AM EDT
[#43]

Excellent first 50 shades build and excellent first post.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 9:50:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Swapped out the handguard on the mini recce.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 10:03:37 AM EDT
[#45]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/294984/A85F2BAA-E352-4E92-8F57-CEF2C8F206D1_jpe-2803177.JPG
View Quote

Slick. The RIS III seems like it would be excellent.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 11:15:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Outrider:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/294984/A85F2BAA-E352-4E92-8F57-CEF2C8F206D1_jpe-2803177.JPG

I’m a bit concerned as to how well the lower piece of the handguard will withstand a bipod.  Was a known issue (bending) with early RIS II handguards with bipods before DD fixed it.  There’s significantly less material there on the RIS III although I swapped it out rather hastily at about 0100 last night, so there might be some design features there to prevent the issue that I just missed.

Still gonna send it, though, it’s only money lol

In better news, it’s actually tano (more like brown-odized?).

Link Posted: 5/2/2023 11:54:44 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Brown-o-dized rail looks good. But more that that, I just LOVE that damn tano Nightforce in the Comm 1 mount. Such a cool setup!

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 5:33:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#48]
Not an AR but has some tano. Figured you heathens might appreciate it. Off to Cerakote Monday to get smoked bronze on the frame and slide. My take on a combat elite mash up.

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 5:38:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Goody454] [#49]
Not an AR but has some tano. Figured you heathens might appreciate it. Off to Cerakote Monday to get smoked bronze on the frame and slide. My take on a combat elite mash up.

https://i.ibb.co/NnCWkcz/6-E36-B93-A-FF5-E-4-F25-ADCF-5825210-FAB0-F.jpg
View Quote

My FDE P80 17 needs this, and I blame you for the $150 I’m about to spend.

ETA,

Just bought one… really glad my Tano sickness has been extended to non-AR’s
I wonder if my Cerakote guy will give me a discount if I bring him my new can and my G17 slide to spray in Coyote…
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 11:27:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#50]

My FDE P80 17 needs this, and I blame you for the $150 I’m about to spend.

ETA,

Just bought one… really glad my Tano sickness has been extended to non-AR’s
I wonder if my Cerakote guy will give me a discount if I bring him my new can and my G17 slide to spray in Coyote…
View Quote

I’ve had good luck with them. I pillaged this one off my M&P though. Will probably get an X300 at some point. (More tano).

And just for the sake of being AR discussions.

Page / 26
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top