BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 60
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/26/2020 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#1]
So are these LMT enhanced BCG good for SBRs? Suppressed use?  I might consider one for my LMT SBR.

The lower was originally an MRP lower and had a BCM upper on it for the longest time.  Then I found LMT uppers for sale at primary arms not long ago so I decided an LMT upper would be nice.  Rebuilding it with a DD 11.5 barrel but the LMT EBCG might be a good addition.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 3:36:39 PM EDT
[#2]

i need an optic and WML
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 7:49:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 9:06:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Texsylvanian] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HimIOwe:
https://i.imgur.com/e0fjbrL.jpg

i need an optic and WML
View Quote

Is it truly your “go to” gun? If so, I salute you for rocking the BUIS as your primary sighting system.  Get down with your bad self.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 9:19:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Texsylvanian:

Is it truly your “go to” gun? If so, I salute you for rocking the BUIS as your primary sighting system.  Get down with your bad self.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

i need an optic and WML

Agreed.  He may bedoing what he has to do.  I like it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By smokedoff:

View All Quotes

i need an optic and WML

@Texylvanian indeed the "go to". I'm graduating with a BSN next week, spent 4 years of school working and sparing every penny I could for that build, so MBUS for now. All gun money goes towards ammo. I try to make solutions, not excuses. Planning a Razor 1-6 or T2 after I get some loans paid off.

That bag is my range/bug out bag as well. It was given to me for free, and had a huge tear in the top. Spent a few hours on the sewing machine (thanks mom) and fixed that. Made in the 80s I think, entirely leather inside. Took the old strap off of the SBA3 and bought some velcro straps and sewed those to the backing of the bag so the lower and upper store broken down, secured, and just need two quick pulls to release. Works well, the pockets on each side hold 2 mags each. OPSEC too, no one ever thinks about the guy with the schoolgirl backpack.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 10:01:27 PM EDT
[#7]

@Texylvanian indeed the "go to". I'm graduating with a BSN next week, spent 4 years of school working and sparing every penny I could for that build, so MBUS for now. All gun money goes towards ammo. I try to make solutions, not excuses. Planning a Razor 1-6 or T2 after I get some loans paid off.

That bag is my range/bug out bag as well. It was given to me for free, and had a huge tear in the top. Spent a few hours on the sewing machine (thanks mom) and fixed that. Made in the 80s I think, entirely leather inside. Took the old strap off of the SBA3 and bought some velcro straps and sewed those to the backing of the bag so the lower and upper store broken down, secured, and just need two quick pulls to release. Works well, the pockets on each side hold 2 mags each. OPSEC too, no one ever thinks about the guy with the schoolgirl backpack.
View All Quotes

i need an optic and WML

Dude, that’s pretty awesome.  I respect that.  Good luck to you and your future.  I hope your hard work and determination pay off for you!  
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 10:05:57 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2020 10:23:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Dude, that’s pretty awesome.  I respect that.  Good luck to you and your future.  I hope your hard work and determination pay off for you!  
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 12:28:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Texsylvanian] [#10]

View Quote

That’s awesome dude.  You’re making it work.  I love it!
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 8:40:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By swampvol:

@M-4matus

It is a PSA stripped lower that I picked up in their Mt. Pleasant store last year. As soon as they open back up, I'll see if they still have some and let you know.

Actually, Josiah (PSA rep here) may be able to check the availability for you now. I believe he use to work at the Mt. Pleasant store.  @Palmettostatearmory

One of my former employees was an electrician on the bridge.
View Quote

@swampvol
thanks for the info, let Me know if You get one.

That doesn't surprise Me that You know someone who worked on that bridge project.  Few understand the scale of that Project.  During the 2000's and prior to The Big Dig in Boston, that was one of the largest construction projects in in the U.S..  It had a projected cost of some $840,000,000.00.  Are You a Contactor Yourself?  That is My Profession here in Maine.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 8:44:14 AM EDT
[#12]

@BOHACH
Hey Brother, nicecollection!  I just sold My one and only Larue, a 16" PredatOBR 7.62,  What do the 2 separate LaRue's AR15's weigh?
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:07:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Veprz] [#13]
So are these LMT enhanced BCG good for SBRs? Suppressed use?  I might consider one for my LMT SBR.

The lower was originally an MRP lower and had a BCM upper on it for the longest time.  Then I found LMT uppers for sale at primary arms not long ago so I decided an LMT upper would be nice.  Rebuilding it with a DD 11.5 barrel but the LMT EBCG might be a good addition.
View Quote

LMT's carrier itself features additional gas vent holes, revised gas distribution within the gas key and a revised cam pin path; all designed to increase bolt lock up time which reduces wear and tear on the bolt, extractor, extractor spring etc. It stands to reason that LMT's enhanced carrier would be beneficial for use in SBR'S, suppressed use and over gassed carbines. I doubt you would see any benefit in a rifle length system, evidently .mil saw bolt bounce issues in rifle length systems on full auto and burst particularly.

LMT's enhanced bolt on the other hand is no doubt a significant upgrade for any AR. Featuring fully supported breech face, radiused lugs to eliminate stress risers, dual sprung extractor and manufactured from (rumored to be, but not confirmed to my knowledge) Carpenter Aermet 100 alloy. I suspect LMT's bolt is Aermet 100 and that is also likely the reason the bolt alone is coated and not the carrier, Aermet 100 has very little resistance to corrosion.

I have heard it estimated that LMT's enhanced bolt may provide three (03) times the service life of a milspec Carpenter 158 bolt, essentially meaning running LMT's enhanced bolt is potentially equivalent to having two (02) spare bolts on your person without the bulk and extra weight of carrying spares. Keep in mind that C158 may be sufficent for .mil but .mil has a supply system to ensure weapons are supported, replacing a bolt is as easy as grabbing a new one from a bin. They also have unrestricted access to parts with little to no threat of unavailibility or prohibitive regulation. Neither of these are luxuries enjoyed by civilians and these are the real benefits of LMT's enhanced bolt imo.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:43:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RustedAce] [#14]
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:59:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Veprz:

LMT's carrier itself features additional gas vent holes, revised gas distribution within the gas key and a revised cam pin path; all designed to increase bolt lock up time which reduces wear and tear on the bolt, extractor, extractor spring etc. It stands to reason that LMT's enhanced carrier would be beneficial for use in SBR'S, suppressed use and over gassed carbines. I doubt you would see any real benefit in a rifle length system.

LMT's enhanced bolt on the other hand is no doubt a significant upgrade for any AR. Featuring fully supported breech face, radiused lugs to eliminate stress risers, dual sprung extractor and manufactured from (rumored to be, but not confirmed to my knowledge) Carpenter Aermet 100 alloy.

I have heard it estimated that LMT's enhanced bolt may provide three (03) times the service life of a milspec Carpenter 158 bolt, essentially meaning running LMT's enhanced bolt is potentially equivalent to having two (02) spare bolts on your person without the bulk and extra weight of carrying spares. Keep in mind that C158 may be sufficent for .mil but .mil has a supply system to ensure weapons are supported, replacing a bolt is as easy as grabbing a new one from a bin. They also have unrestricted access to parts with little to no threat of unavailibility or prohibitive regulation. Neither of these are luxuries enjoyed by civilians and these are the real benefits of LMT's enhanced bolt imo.
View Quote

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 11:57:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 2:47:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:

I checked with the MT Pleasant store and they do have some left in stock! They are open again as well.

Thanks,

Josiah
View Quote

@M-4matus
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 6:50:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By swampvol:

@M-4matus
View Quote

Thanks Brother!
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 11:34:40 PM EDT
[#19]

@RustedAce

If you don’t mind me asking, what barrel length/URX length in that first photo? I am considering the URX for my in-progress LMT SBR rebuild.  It would be my first departure from my beloved MCMR in a long time if I did.  My barrel is a DD 11.5 and don’t know if I should get the 10” or 10.75” URX.  A surefire RC2 would be mounted when it gets out of jail.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:00:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M-4matus] [#20]

@RustedAce

If you don’t mind me asking, what barrel length/URX length in that first photo? I am considering the URX for my in-progress LMT SBR rebuild.  It would be my first departure from my beloved MCMR in a long time if I did.  My barrel is a DD 11.5 and don’t know if I should get the 10” or 10.75” URX.  A surefire RC2 would be mounted when it gets out of jail.
View Quote

@Texsylvanian
I noticed you asked about the LMT Enhanced BCG's.  Yes, they work extremely well in a vast array of configurations.  If I could, I would run them in everything I own that does not utilize a KAC Barrel Extension.  In My personal experience, I have had rifles that were way under gassed and run 100% w/ an LMT Enhanced, the same is true for Overgassed Suppressed SBRs.  There is no question, LMT Enhanced Carriers offgas faster than mil-spec Carriers.  In My experience, LMT Enhanced BCG's also require less gas to cycle than mil-spec BCG's.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 11:49:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By M-4matus:

@BOHACH
Hey Brother, nicecollection!  I just sold My one and only Larue, a 16" PredatOBR 7.62,  What do the 2 separate LaRue's AR15's weigh?
View Quote

Haven’t weighed them in the current configuration but the SBR is right around 8.5, Costa is about 9.5 and the radian is right at 10 lbs
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:52:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By BBOHACH:

Haven’t weighed them in the current configuration but the SBR is right around 8.5, Costa is about 9.5 and the radian is right at 10 lbs
View Quote

Got ya.  LaRue; super accurate, drualbe, reliable, great customer service, slightly on the heavy side.  That is, IME of course.  Weight considered, still amongst the best AR's to meet the needs of a Civilian Market.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:37:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:18:07 PM EDT
[#24]
"Last build. I swear!" ...... ten builds ago.

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 5:21:34 PM EDT
[#25]

@Texsylvanian
I noticed you asked about the LMT Enhanced BCG's.  Yes, they work extremely well in a vast array of configurations.  If I could, I would run them in everything I own that does not utilize a KAC Barrel Extension.  In My personal experience, I have had rifles that were way under gassed and run 100% w/ an LMT Enhanced, the same is true for Overgassed Suppressed SBRs.  There is no question, LMT Enhanced Carriers offgas faster than mil-spec Carriers.  In My experience, LMT Enhanced BCG's also require less gas to cycle than mil-spec BCG's.
View Quote

That’s very good info to know.  I am running a bootleg BCG right now but would love a carrier that passively manages gas for my SBR without adjustment.  Are there any places that let you backorder them? I hear they are famously hard to come by.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By RustedAce:

11.5 barrel, 10.75 URX.
View Quote

Awesome thanks man.  Now... can I summon the courage to foresake my MCMR addiction...
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:01:16 PM EDT
[#27]

That’s very good info to know.  I am running a bootleg BCG right now but would love a carrier that passively manages gas for my SBR without adjustment.  Are there any places that let you backorder them? I hear they are famously hard to come by.
View All Quotes

@Texsylvanian

@Texsylvanian
Yes, Brownells.  I had been purchasing them last year on backorder when Brownells would do a 10% off day.  I was also an Edge Member and so paid $269.10 Shipped...I did My last LMT Build and to My horor, found LMT had increased pricing on Their entire 2020 Catalog.  They are now $350.00 at Brownells, as opposed to the original Brownells $299.00 price for 2019.

So, wait for a 10% off day at Brownells and with the new 2020 Pricing You will pay $315.00...I have never waited for more than one Month on an LMT Enhanced BCG on Backorder at Brownells.  Here is a link- Brownells- LMT Enhanced BCG, Backorder
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:13:57 PM EDT
[#28]

Very NICE!
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:14:46 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Only my Opinion. But I have both. The Bootleg with an appropriate size GP(use a BRT insert if needed)/buffer setup is the way to go. All 4 of my 11.5's are dedicated with cans and all have bootlegs w/either JP or LMT enhanced bolts. I like my guns to be able to run without a can, even though 99% of the time they do and it's the best setup I've tried.

My two enhanced carriers are chilling in my 14.5 colt barreled uppers that I do not run suppressed(Not a fan of the length).
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:38:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Blackhalo:

Only my Opinion. But I have both. The Bootleg with an appropriate size GP(use a BRT insert if needed)/buffer setup is the way to go. All 4 of my 11.5's are dedicated with cans and all have bootlegs w/either JP or LMT enhanced bolts. I like my guns to be able to run without a can, even though 99% of the time they do and it's the best setup I've tried.

My two enhanced carriers are chilling in my 14.5 colt barreled uppers that I do not run suppressed(Not a fan of the length).
View Quote

If I got a bootleg, would I need to replace my H3 buffer with and H2 on my 11.5" DD uppper?
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:35:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By allensaldi:
"Last build. I swear!" ...... ten builds ago.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49830534253_ba70a7530e_h.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:36:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By CaptShiess:
Just finished this for my wife.  Light weight Colt 6720, MBT trigger, cut/pin/weld FCD mount, MRO and other goodies.  Super light and handy for sure!
https://i.imgur.com/u632Erf.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/FttfwA6.jpg
View Quote

That looks like the perfect setup. I need a lightweight gun.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:54:37 AM EDT
[#33]

@Texsylvanian
Yes, Brownells.  I had been purchasing them last year on backorder when Brownells would do a 10% off day.  I was also an Edge Member and so paid $269.10 Shipped...I did My last LMT Build and to My horor, found LMT had increased pricing on Their entire 2020 Catalog.  They are now $350.00 at Brownells, as opposed to the original Brownells $299.00 price for 2019.

So, wait for a 10% off day at Brownells and with the new 2020 Pricing You will pay $315.00...I have never waited for more than one Month on an LMT Enhanced BCG on Backorder at Brownells.  Here is a link- Brownells- LMT Enhanced BCG, Backorder
View Quote

Yeah I think I will do that.  I get LE pricing on my Brownells account and the price doesn’t bother me too badly.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 9:15:24 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

My current HD gun has an AAC 556-SD.  That is the gun that currently has the bootleg BCG inserted.  I treat it like a perm attach in the sense that I have repurposed that gun to be 100% suppressed.  The barrel is a faxon 10.5 socom.  Not sure yet if it is the gas port size or the A5 buffer system but it will NOT cycle on any intermediate setting unsuppressed.  I have to have the bootleg carrier adjusted to its most open setting for it to cycle.  I have a pin gauge set and a superlative arms has block on the way so I will be solving that mystery shortly.  The bootleg will then move over to my BCM pistol.  The LMT SBR will primarily be unsuppressed so I think the LMT carrier will be perfect there.  And it gives me a moment of zen to imagine an LMT SBR, LMT upper and an LMT EBCG.  If they made non-MRP 11.5 barrels I would get an LMT barrel too.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 11:18:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By YaBoyKGTho:

If I got a bootleg, would I need to replace my H3 buffer with and H2 on my 11.5" DD uppper?
View Quote

It should be fine. With buffers I like to try different weights/springs once I get the gas closed to dialed in and see what "feels" best. The recent DD 11.5"'s are .069 which is what I have as well. I run a A5H3 in it with a standard rifle spring. But a A5H2 feels and runs about the same. Bootleg w/specwar k
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 11:20:45 AM EDT
[#36]

It should be fine. With buffers I like to try different weights/springs once I get the gas closed to dialed in and see what "feels" best. The recent DD 11.5"'s are .069 which is what I have as well. I run a A5H3 in it with a standard rifle spring. But a A5H2 feels and runs about the same. Bootleg w/specwar k
View Quote

Perfect. Mine's one of the recent ones. Also A5H3 w/ Sprinco Green. My Turbo K has been approved, just waiting on the stamp.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:19:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CheeksTac] [#37]
Just waiting on an IR laser and a unity sync

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 8:18:41 AM EDT
[#38]

Top image is amongst My favorite ARs I have seen posted thus far!  I am about to purchase a 1.93 Height Scalarworks and mount either My NX8 or Trijicon Accupoint 1-4 on a 12-5 LMT.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 8:25:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M-4matus] [#39]
Originally Posted By Veprz:

LMT's carrier itself features additional gas vent holes, revised gas distribution within the gas key and a revised cam pin path; all designed to increase bolt lock up time which reduces wear and tear on the bolt, extractor, extractor spring etc. It stands to reason that LMT's enhanced carrier would be beneficial for use in SBR'S, suppressed use and over gassed carbines. I doubt you would see any benefit in a rifle length system, evidently .mil saw bolt bounce issues in rifle length systems on full auto and burst particularly.

LMT's enhanced bolt on the other hand is no doubt a significant upgrade for any AR. Featuring fully supported breech face, radiused lugs to eliminate stress risers, dual sprung extractor and manufactured from (rumored to be, but not confirmed to my knowledge) Carpenter Aermet 100 alloy. I suspect LMT's bolt is Aermet 100 and that is also likely the reason the bolt alone is coated and not the carrier, Aermet 100 has very little resistance to corrosion.

I have heard it estimated that LMT's enhanced bolt may provide three (03) times the service life of a milspec Carpenter 158 bolt, essentially meaning running LMT's enhanced bolt is potentially equivalent to having two (02) spare bolts on your person without the bulk and extra weight of carrying spares. Keep in mind that C158 may be sufficent for .mil but .mil has a supply system to ensure weapons are supported, replacing a bolt is as easy as grabbing a new one from a bin. They also have unrestricted access to parts with little to no threat of unavailibility or prohibitive regulation. Neither of these are luxuries enjoyed by civilians and these are the real benefits of LMT's enhanced bolt imo.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Veprz:
Originally Posted By Texsylvanian:
So are these LMT enhanced BCG good for SBRs? Suppressed use?  I might consider one for my LMT SBR.

The lower was originally an MRP lower and had a BCM upper on it for the longest time.  Then I found LMT uppers for sale at primary arms not long ago so I decided an LMT upper would be nice.  Rebuilding it with a DD 11.5 barrel but the LMT EBCG might be a good addition.

LMT's carrier itself features additional gas vent holes, revised gas distribution within the gas key and a revised cam pin path; all designed to increase bolt lock up time which reduces wear and tear on the bolt, extractor, extractor spring etc. It stands to reason that LMT's enhanced carrier would be beneficial for use in SBR'S, suppressed use and over gassed carbines. I doubt you would see any benefit in a rifle length system, evidently .mil saw bolt bounce issues in rifle length systems on full auto and burst particularly.

LMT's enhanced bolt on the other hand is no doubt a significant upgrade for any AR. Featuring fully supported breech face, radiused lugs to eliminate stress risers, dual sprung extractor and manufactured from (rumored to be, but not confirmed to my knowledge) Carpenter Aermet 100 alloy. I suspect LMT's bolt is Aermet 100 and that is also likely the reason the bolt alone is coated and not the carrier, Aermet 100 has very little resistance to corrosion.

I have heard it estimated that LMT's enhanced bolt may provide three (03) times the service life of a milspec Carpenter 158 bolt, essentially meaning running LMT's enhanced bolt is potentially equivalent to having two (02) spare bolts on your person without the bulk and extra weight of carrying spares. Keep in mind that C158 may be sufficent for .mil but .mil has a supply system to ensure weapons are supported, replacing a bolt is as easy as grabbing a new one from a bin. They also have unrestricted access to parts with little to no threat of unavailibility or prohibitive regulation. Neither of these are luxuries enjoyed by civilians and these are the real benefits of LMT's enhanced bolt imo.

@Veprz
I would believe it.  And, I am glad You brought up the fact that Mil Spec does not always mean what One might think.  For example, I know the Army replaces Bolts at 5000 rounds.  Heck, the new URGi calls for Barrel and Bolt replacements at 5000 rounds.  I bet most guys don't know that.  

Another thing about the LMT Enhanced Carrier.  If You look closely at an LMT Enhanced Carrier, there is actually a 5th vent hole, it is much smaller, measures about .030.  I pushed a small drill bit in it and it is drilled on quite an angle and does make a complete pass through into the Bolt Chamber.  I wish I knew more about the function and this 5th hole smaller hole.  I have never seen anything like it on any other Carrier.  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:58:57 AM EDT
[#40]

@RustedAce

You and I have similar tastes in AR builds:
Go to HD -

Go to SHTF -

Thinking about building one more upper with an 11.5" barrel and URX4 10.75" then we really will have similar builds.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 6:59:31 PM EDT
[#41]

Geissele Super Duty with a DuraCoat facelift.
Eotech EXPS 3-2
MBUS Pro back ups
Streamlight HLX package from Cloud Defensive - will replace with a REIN when released this summer.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 8:15:59 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 5/1/2020 10:41:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 12:07:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 1:46:50 AM EDT
[#45]
ARX in 14.5" barrel mode:

Same in 10.25" barrel mode:

Still debating what RDS & suppressor to match it with.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 5:15:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Primetime_1] [#46]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

AndroCorp Crane spec 10.3
9.5" MK8 G rail
SSA E trigger
Saker 556k can
T2 on high G mount
G33 mag
SF scout in Arisaka mount
Cloud defense
Poverty pony Lower 😂
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 6:14:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By acjones1200:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/364613/20200502_153234_jpg-1397835.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/364613/20200502_145425_jpg-1397840.JPG

AndroCorp Crane spec 10.3
9.5" MK8 G rail
SSA E trigger
Saker 556k can
T2 on high G mount
G33 mag
SF scout in Arisaka mount 
Cloud defense
Poverty pony Lower 😂
View Quote

Nice Build
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 6:58:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 12:02:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M-4matus] [#49]
Sort of finished up 2 different GoTo Builds.  The Green Federal HRT Build is My GoTo HD/PDW.  The LMT is a 12-5 6.8 SPC and is My GoTo NV/Hunting AR.

Link Posted: 5/6/2020 2:01:04 AM EDT
[#50]
This is such a great thread I thought I would take an inventory of the rifles and sights to see what our go to rifles are like.
I put Eotech and red dots together, and Elcan and lpvo together. If a rifle had a DBAL I counted it as night vision capable.
A total of 465 rifles and pistols. I'll try to post this like a chart and see if it comes out.

SBR         14.5       16.0       18       20       Iron       red dot      fixed       lpvo       hpvo       night         can
Pistol       inch        inch      inch     inch     sight      eotech       power     scope     scope      vision

242         50          157        3        13        43         246           57           107        12          49            123

52%       11%        33%    .006%  .027%   .09%    53%          12%        23%     .025%     10.5%       26.5%
Page / 60
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top