Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 16
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks, I'm pretty happy with the set-up, though I sometimes wish I had gone with an A1 upper instead of a FT.  I don't think it would have made much of a difference in weight, just would have been a bit more KISS.

Originally Posted By 86HMMWV:

Carbine perfection!

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 1:48:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Scotter260:
Top:
-6520 lower with DD 14.5" lightweight/pinned BC 1.5
-Colt "N" CAR stock
-A1 grip
-pretty much gutted M4 handguards
-UWL
-Colt sling
-TLR-1 on a Streamlight mount

I really like that top carbine. I'm going to build another LW midlength since I've got a spare set of coyote brown midlength handguards laying around that are going to sprout into another rifle. After that I'm going to build a couple of LW carbines and I think I'm gonna copy that top one. That looks like a handy little gun.

Top:

14.5 CMMG light weight with perm'd phantom
Armalite lower
MOE furniture
GG&G single point sling
Readi-Mag
Surefire G2 LED conversion with VLTOR off-set mount
Matech BUIS

Bottom:

Kiss
14.5 BCM Lightweight with perm'd A2X
Rock River lower
Cav Arms handguards

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#5]
My SBR

10.5" DS Lightweight CL 1x9

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:47:09 PM EDT
[#6]
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh116/alcatranz518/boomstix/IMG_5163a.jpg

Bushmaster Carbon-15, BCM extractor upgrade, H2 buffer, Tapco Intrafuse handguard, grip, and magazine, NC Star Green laser and flip sights, Bushnell red dot.

weight = 6lbs 5oz w/ full mag and no red dot.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 11:31:58 PM EDT
[#7]
bump
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 4:54:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
Here is my retro-ish Dissy LW build from a M16A1 parts kit. Unfortunately I don't have a scale to measure its weight.

I'm hoping to get my next LW build under 4lb. I've got most the parts at my Smith's place where he's milling all the extra weight off. So far I'm planning on a 11.5" barrel with an aluminum flash hider, the gas port will be undersized for the reduced weight bcg/buffer. I'll probably use the 6oz Clarke Carbon Fiber float tube cut back to 6", buttstock is a LE entry stock tube with an A2 plate attached to the end. Sights will be a Burris Fastfire. Hopefully I'll be able to make my weight.

<4lb ?? that would be impressive..
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 5:01:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By statuskuo:
Here is my retro-ish Dissy LW build from a M16A1 parts kit. Unfortunately I don't have a scale to measure its weight.

I'm hoping to get my next LW build under 4lb. I've got most the parts at my Smith's place where he's milling all the extra weight off. So far I'm planning on a 11.5" barrel with an aluminum flash hider, the gas port will be undersized for the reduced weight bcg/buffer. I'll probably use the 6oz Clarke Carbon Fiber float tube cut back to 6", buttstock is a LE entry stock tube with an A2 plate attached to the end. Sights will be a Burris Fastfire. Hopefully I'll be able to make my weight.

I think under 4lbs is unheard of so far, I could be wrong but I havent seen it yet myself! good luck to the builder!! ALOT of custom crazy work is involved to do a build like that.
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 3:17:26 AM EDT
[#10]
20" A2 barrel.
7 LB rifle unloaded. I think it's sweet!

Link Posted: 5/24/2011 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Chopped SP1

Link Posted: 5/24/2011 8:25:25 PM EDT
[#12]
It's by far my lightest

Link Posted: 5/24/2011 10:22:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ARonly:

I think under 4lbs is unheard of so far, I could be wrong but I havent seen it yet myself! good luck to the builder!! ALOT of custom crazy work is involved to do a build like that.

Without the optic mine weighs in under 4 lbs.  With a Leupold Delta Point, it's 4 lbs even.  It's fairly useless without the optic though, no iron sights.  I could easily shave off a few more ounces, but I think I'll save that for my next lightweight build.
Link Posted: 5/24/2011 10:30:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By JoshAston:

Without the optic mine weighs in under 4 lbs.  With a Leupold Delta Point, it's 4 lbs even.  It's fairly useless without the optic though, no iron sights.  I could easily shave off a few more ounces, but I think I'll save that for my next lightweight build.
This is a picture thread - you cant go telling us about your super light rifle without letting us see the pics!!!

Link Posted: 5/24/2011 10:46:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: November5] [#15]

There's a build thread on it somewhere, but I've since changed out the flash hider for an AAC, so here's the most current pic.

Link Posted: 5/24/2011 10:50:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jaqufrost] [#16]
very nicely done, how long is the barrel? 11.5"

Link Posted: 5/24/2011 11:10:00 PM EDT
[#17]
very nicely done, how long is the barrel? 11.5"  

Yes.
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 8:34:27 PM EDT
[#18]
DD 14.5"

Bushy super lite..

Link Posted: 5/26/2011 12:39:34 AM EDT
[#19]

Question: Is there a trick to deploying the rear sight without having the rear aimpoint flip cap swing up and cover the fov? never seen that kind of setup before. thanks.
Link Posted: 5/26/2011 12:42:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By bb2007:

Question: Is there a trick to deploying the rear sight without having the rear aimpoint flip cap swing up and cover the fov? never seen that kind of setup before. thanks.

Looks to me like the cover isn't actually in the way of the hinge itself, just covers the front portion of the sight, not the part that flips up.
Link Posted: 5/26/2011 4:50:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By JoshAston:

i stand corrected kinda because we both do not have BUIS, so.... my gun weighs in at 5lbs 4ozs with a 7.5oz Eotech. If i drop that Eotech and add a front rail, front MBUS & rear MBUS do you think id be under 5lbs? i do not know until i do it i guess. same way with yours if you add up BUIS systems do you think youd be over the weight youre already at?

btw this has nothing to do with "my gun is better than yours"  AT ALL in fact all your posts helped me with my build.

Link Posted: 5/26/2011 7:57:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lancelot] [#22]
Link Posted: 5/26/2011 8:31:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/26/2011 9:22:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Light

Lighter
Link Posted: 5/26/2011 10:28:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: November5] [#25]
i stand corrected kinda because we both do not have BUIS, so.... my gun weighs in at 5lbs 4ozs with a 7.5oz Eotech. If i drop that Eotech and add a front rail, front MBUS & rear MBUS do you think id be under 5lbs? i do not know until i do it i guess. same way with yours if you add up BUIS systems do you think youd be over the weight youre already at?

btw this has nothing to do with "my gun is better than yours"  AT ALL in fact all your posts helped me with my build.

[/div]

The MBUS set only weighs a couple ounces, but I'm not sure how much the rail would weigh.  The DeltaPoint with mount comes in right at 2 ounces.  Mounting a rail and iron sights would definitely put mine over the current weight.  I had to use a lot of non-standard parts to get that light, but I'm hoping to get the next one down to 3.5 lbs.
Link Posted: 5/27/2011 2:34:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:
Originally Posted By ThatGuy91K:
Originally Posted By Scotter260:
Top:
-6520 lower with DD 14.5" lightweight/pinned BC 1.5
-Colt "N" CAR stock
-A1 grip
-pretty much gutted M4 handguards
-UWL
-Colt sling
-TLR-1 on a Streamlight mount

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-10/1100114/Anicepair1.JPG

I really like that top carbine. I'm going to build another LW midlength since I've got a spare set of coyote brown midlength handguards laying around that are going to sprout into another rifle. After that I'm going to build a couple of LW carbines and I think I'm gonna copy that top one. That looks like a handy little gun.

Top:

14.5 CMMG light weight with perm'd phantom
Armalite lower
MOE furniture
GG&G single point sling
Readi-Mag
Surefire G2 LED conversion with VLTOR off-set mount
Matech BUIS

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff245/kendall1911/guns/DSC00212.jpg

Bottom:

Kiss
14.5 BCM Lightweight with perm'd A2X
Rock River lower
Cav Arms handguards

More pics of the bottom one please.

ETA I cleaned up your images the best I could with only a few minutes.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5307/5761653830_c9c1ea4812_z.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3064/5762977673_a6ab69d2f2_z.jpg

Sure, I tried to clean it up a little in photobucket.

And here it is wearing FDE furniture. I bought this extra set from Cav Arms and I'm going to build another LW midlength for it to go on.

Link Posted: 5/31/2011 12:45:17 AM EDT
[#27]
My attempt at a lightweight build. I just wanted something lighter than my other AR's and much simpler. I believe I have acheived that. It came in at 6.8 pds w/o mag. My goal was 6 pds even but the stock is killing me there. Oh well, It will do for now.

Link Posted: 5/31/2011 1:17:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By blackfly53:
My attempt at a lightweight build. I just wanted something lighter than my other AR's and much simpler. I believe I have acheived that. It came in at 6.8 pds w/o mag. My goal was 6 pds even but the stock is killing me there. Oh well, It will do for now.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee110/blackfly53/020-1.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee110/blackfly53/013.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee110/blackfly53/021-1.jpg

I really like the carbon fiber FF tube. With a different stock choice such as a old style CAR fiberite, I wonder what the weight would be then.
Link Posted: 5/31/2011 3:35:16 AM EDT
[#29]
What kind of carbon fiber handguard is that?
Link Posted: 5/31/2011 5:42:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By jhc:
What kind of carbon fiber handguard is that?

I think it's the Clark carbon fiber tube.  Blackfly, how do you like it?  I have been tossing around the idea of putting one on a LW 20" build.

Link Posted: 5/31/2011 2:31:36 PM EDT
[#31]
I think it is a DPMS but Im not sure. I bought it off the EE here. I havent shot it yet but just handling it I like it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2011 7:34:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: camoman33935] [#32]
Here's my contribution to the thread.

Upper Specs:
BCM 16" M4 upper
Rainier Arms Auto BCG
WOA Charging Handle
Magpul MOE Handguards
Magpul MBUS Rear Sight

Lower Specs:
STAG Arms lower
DPMS LPK
ACE Skeleton 9.9" Stock
Olympic Rifle Buffer
Olympic Reciever Extension
DPMS Buffer Spring

Weight
Unloaded - 6.8 lbs

Here she is just got her all together today

Link Posted: 6/2/2011 8:55:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/2/2011 9:36:18 PM EDT
[#34]
I was looking at that stock originally. Do you know how much the ACE stock weighs? I cant believe yours weighs less than mine with that M4 barrel on there and mine being a lightweight, though it is .750 at the sight base.

Originally Posted By camoman33935:

Upper Specs:
BCM 16" M4 upper
Rainier Arms Auto BCG
WOA Charging Handle
Magpul MOE Handguards
Magpul MBUS Rear Sight

Lower Specs:
STAG Arms lower
DPMS LPK
ACE Skeleton 9.9" Stock
Olympic Rifle Buffer
DPMS Buffer Spring

Weight
Unloaded - 5lbs 12.8oz
Loaded (PMAG 30rounds) - 7lbs 3.2oz

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae75/camoman33935/IMG_1552-1.jpg

Link Posted: 6/3/2011 12:04:55 AM EDT
[#35]
No sir I don't know how much it weighs without taking it off the rifle. I'm not sure how accurate the weight is but I weighed myself on the scale and then grabbed the rifle and weighed myself again and did the math. If I remember correctly the stock doesn't weigh as much as you'd think it does. I can take it off tomorrow and see if I can get a weight for you tomorrow if you'd like.

I was looking at that stock originally. Do you know how much the ACE stock weighs? I cant believe yours weighs less than mine with that M4 barrel on there and mine being a lightweight, though it is .750 at the sight base.

Upper Specs:
BCM 16" M4 upper
Rainier Arms Auto BCG
WOA Charging Handle
Magpul MOE Handguards
Magpul MBUS Rear Sight

Lower Specs:
STAG Arms lower
DPMS LPK
ACE Skeleton 9.9" Stock
Olympic Rifle Buffer
DPMS Buffer Spring

Weight
Unloaded - 5lbs 12.8oz

Link Posted: 6/3/2011 1:28:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Well I sure would like to know but you certainly dont have to trouble yourself. Up to you. I also weighed mine the same way!

No sir I don't know how much it weighs without taking it off the rifle. I'm not sure how accurate the weight is but I weighed myself on the scale and then grabbed the rifle and weighed myself again and did the math. If I remember correctly the stock doesn't weigh as much as you'd think it does. I can take it off tomorrow and see if I can get a weight for you tomorrow if you'd like.

Upper Specs:
BCM 16" M4 upper
Rainier Arms Auto BCG
WOA Charging Handle
Magpul MOE Handguards
Magpul MBUS Rear Sight

Lower Specs:
STAG Arms lower
DPMS LPK
ACE Skeleton 9.9" Stock
Olympic Rifle Buffer
DPMS Buffer Spring

Weight
Unloaded - 5lbs 12.8oz

Link Posted: 6/3/2011 11:34:56 AM EDT
[#37]
I weighed the rifle again this morning and it came in at a conistent 6.8lbs so the same as yours.

Well I sure would like to know but you certainly dont have to trouble yourself. Up to you. I also weighed mine the same way!

Upper Specs:
BCM 16" M4 upper
Rainier Arms Auto BCG
WOA Charging Handle
Magpul MOE Handguards
Magpul MBUS Rear Sight

Lower Specs:
STAG Arms lower
DPMS LPK
ACE Skeleton 9.9" Stock
Olympic Rifle Buffer
DPMS Buffer Spring

Weight
Unloaded - 5lbs 12.8oz

Link Posted: 6/5/2011 9:59:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Placeholder for pics....

- CavArms lower
- DPMS 16" pencil barrel
- A1 upper

5 lbs. 7 oz.  

Link Posted: 6/6/2011 10:10:04 PM EDT
[#39]
My lightweight low cost KISS middy.

Del-ton CL lightweight barrel
Pws556 muzzle brake
rock River lower
Ace entry stock
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g217/jpdopes/IMG_3428.jpg
Link Posted: 6/6/2011 10:30:07 PM EDT
[#40]
BCM BHF 16 Midlength lightweight profile

Link Posted: 6/6/2011 11:17:19 PM EDT
[#41]
What sling mount are you using on your MOE handguard?

Link Posted: 6/6/2011 11:39:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: keeperofthedew] [#42]
Not real light, but it's a lightweight barrel, and if it weighs any more than my buddy's KISS gov profile 14.5" middy I can't tell.

Link Posted: 6/6/2011 11:55:00 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 6/7/2011 12:04:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Colt LE6933

And the M16 is pretty light too.

Link Posted: 6/7/2011 7:41:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/8/2011 12:19:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M67Chucker] [#46]
DD 14.5" Lightweight Barrel w/BattleComp 1.5 on a Vltor VIS Carbine Upper

Very balanced lightweight setup that offers great control between shots due to the BatteComp.

Link Posted: 6/14/2011 3:48:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Bumping thread with a lighter stock. Found a YHM on the EE here. 6pds even without mag.

Link Posted: 6/14/2011 1:42:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Bumping thread with a lighter stock. Found a YHM on the EE here. 6pds even without mag.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee110/blackfly53/043-1.jpg
]

very cool, think this one has a long lost twin though lol

let me know how she shoots, i like the stock too ive never seen that till now
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 6:39:42 PM EDT
[#49]

]

I shot it last week with the other stock on, not that I would expect a big difference with the new one. It is a little smoother than my carbine lengths just as I suspected. More of a "push" to the shoulder rather than a jolt compared to carbines.  

Link Posted: 6/14/2011 6:48:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARonly] [#50]

]

I shot it last week with the other stock on, not that I would expect a big difference with the new one. It is a little smoother than my carbine lengths just as I suspected. More of a "push" to the shoulder rather than a jolt compared to carbines.  

yeah my soon to be next build ill be buying a LW Middy upper and just Magpul MOEing everything out for something simple & my 1st Middy.

do you think you could lighten her up more with a LW bolt carrier and buffer or would that be asking for problems on a middy without an adjustable gas block ?

Page / 16
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top