Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1178
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 8:57:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MakGunTech] [#1]
Just a heads up to the fellow cloners, got a new PRI Mod 0 handguard up on the EE. Postponing Mod Mod 0 build until later this year and need funds. Thanks guys!

PRI Gen III Handguard

Page Ownage:

Not a 100% clone I know but she’s a work horse!
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 9:08:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By drago6:
I've bought all my 80%'s from TM, but they've been out of stock for forever now
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By drago6:
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Tactical Machining has been my go-to. Would get "blem* lowers for $30. However, it's been a while since I've bought anything so no idea on price and availability.
I've bought all my 80%'s from TM, but they've been out of stock for forever now
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 11:04:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Snagged this bad boy from eBay today.

Link Posted: 2/18/2019 11:14:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By usnguns:

http://i.imgur.com/xqLBbuV.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 6:36:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Meatball72:

PA is such a backwards state when it comes to hunting.  i've been wanting to build a 6.5 creedmoor AR to hunt with and every year the game commission says "we are considering allowing semi autos for big game" and they keep shooting it down just after all PA hunters start to get hopeful.
View Quote
well the governor signed it, then allowed PAGC to put it into law..... They decided not to allow them. I've been saying I think i'm just going to stop hunting here and drive the half hour to WV starting next year.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:38:30 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote
Nice score!
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:38:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Not mine, but there is a great deal on an illuminated 2.5-8x36 in the EE.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote
Nice score.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#9]
A wall ornament
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 7:34:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Getting closer.

Form 1 suppressor for now.

Got the barrel broken in this weekend and loaded up a few hundred 69 SMK and TMKs. Gonna stretch its legs out this coming weekend

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 8:45:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Gettin’ there, better pics tomorrow.
Sopmod

A1
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 7:05:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SlasherMcGee] [#12]
What are you guys torqueing your a.r.m.s #22 rings to?  I read an old forum post stating it's 12 to 14 inch pounds?
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:49:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By SlasherMcGee:
What are you guys torqueing your a.r.m.s #22 rings to?  I read an old forum post stating it's 12 to 14 inch pounds?
View Quote
Yep, called them a few years ago to confirm and it's 12-14 inch pounds.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Here’s one I don’t think has been covered as far as I have read in here: anyone see any scope mounted bubble levels mounted to a Mk12 in the wild? If not then what are typical scope mounted bubble levels on any of the other scopes military rifles? (M110, Mk13, M40 variants etc.)
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 10:59:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 12:25:50 PM EDT
[#16]
That looks like it's on an A2 lower.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 12:32:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By A_Friendly_Manatee:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By A_Friendly_Manatee:
Too grainy to see if it's an M4A1 lower or this is someones's clone. And the x24 NF on a possibly Army gun is interesting, though they had them on SCARs too if I remember.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 10:16:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

Too grainy to see if it's an M4A1 lower or this is someones's clone. And the x24 NF on a possibly Army gun is interesting, though they had them on SCARs too if I remember.
View Quote
Short collar is a pretty good indicator.

Nice looking rig.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Was this from Mammoth?
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 11:26:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kmcale] [#20]
I was going to hold out on the pictures until I get my Eagle TAS-1 sling received and mounted, but I'm getting antsy to post on here. Here is what I was able to piece together, did what I could on the early production parts. 22h nls, front buis with the early (long) clamp, bipod adapter - pre NSN # with long clamp. Would like to find myself some more early parts down the line, but I'm happy with what I've been able to do so far. (I know my scope caps are incorrect, I like the Aluma caps more than the Butler Creek caps)

**AEM5 is awaiting an F3 to get to my dealer and I start my "hurry and wait" F4.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

And note to all whom are looking to do up a Mk12 build/replace a barrel with intentions of ordering through HCS. There has been posts in here stating that hes "cutting back" or closing, it is true. I spoke with Kevin, he is, unfortunately, closing the doors on HCS sometime this year.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 6:52:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Is there a "correct" bipod for a Mod 0 on the KAC adapter? I have a Harris style bipod (not genuine) that I like a lot better than a real Harris, but it fits like crap on the KAC.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 7:08:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By zrockstar:
Is there a "correct" bipod for a Mod 0 on the KAC adapter? I have a Harris style bipod (not genuine) that I like a lot better than a real Harris, but it fits like crap on the KAC.
View Quote
Usually, a Harris swivel model bipod is typically used with the SPR, and is sometimes seen with a KMW Pod-Loc tension adjustment device. The bipod is mounted via an ARMS #32 throw-lever device attached to the bottom rail of the rifle's forearm. The ARMS mount is used on both the Mod 0 and Mod 1.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 9:47:07 PM EDT
[#23]
In honor of page 952, here's an old (circa 2016) photo of my Mk12 with a Surefire M952...

IMG_2053
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 12:42:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 1:15:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Outstanding!
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 4:29:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Yep
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 12:24:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By daojag:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By daojag:
Originally Posted By SlasherMcGee:
Thanks @daojag
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 7:55:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 7:29:38 AM EDT
[#29]
What’s the hives general consensus on the PRI MK12 upper receivers? I have a coupon for PRI and thinking about a new upper
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 8:43:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By iluvmy86:
What’s the hives general consensus on the PRI MK12 upper receivers? I have a coupon for PRI and thinking about a new upper
View Quote
I have their Mod0 Gen II upper.  Quality, fit, and finish is top notch...they even send you a t-shirt.   Performance is outstanding, but have only been able to stretch it out to 250 so far this year.....   I did follow their extraneous barrel break in procedure.  AEM5 is in NFA jail currently.....so I know I'll fall in love with it all over again once I shoot it suppressed.

Link Posted: 3/1/2019 10:16:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KGLaw] [#31]
Recently I posted a comment about the trickier installation of some of the ARMS rails. It occurred to me I've never seen it mentioned how to install these, so I figured I would do a little photo outline detailing it. So the later ARMS rails comes with this little nub here, circled in red.

This nub prevents the rail from being rolled in to position unless it's this far forward on the receiver.

This presents a problem, because the collar of the Gen III tube is in the way. This gives you only this much room to work with, so the nub can't clear the receiver.

Now I've seen them filed down on a few examples here, but there's another way about getting the rail on the tube without modifying the #38. But it'll require you having the PRi collar wrench versus my preferred method of a strap wrench.

Break the collar loose, and align it roughly around here.

This will allow the #38 to drop right in. Interestingly, the rail is exactly the width of two of the cutouts, and requires dropping in to each on both sides.

Then the rail can be slid in to its proper position on the receiver. I didn't bother taking any more pictures from this point forward, because its more or less straight forward. That said, you'll have to torque the collar back in to position with the wrench and see where the #38 fits in relation to the top rail on the Gen III. You will have to loosen the collar again to remove the SWAN sleeve to make adjustments forward/aft on the PRi rail.  Took me a couple tries until I was satisfied with where the PRi top rail was and it all screwed together.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 4:33:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Much as I hate to do it, as these have sat in the safe for almost a year, always seem to grab other rifles now that I've gotten into PRS.  Had some unexpected expenses come up, so I've listed my Mod 0 and Mod 1 in the EE.  Will sell Uppers only or Complete setups.  PM any questions or if pricing seems out of line :).

Might consider a partial trade for an EXPS 3 in FDE

Thanks,
'78

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/MK12-Mod-0-and-Mod-1-setups/159-1856234/
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 4:36:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 78Staff:
Much as I hate to do it, as these have sat in the safe for almost a year, always seem to grab other rifles now that I've gotten into PRS.  Had some unexpected expenses come up, so I've listed my Mod 0 and Mod 1 in the EE.  Will sell Uppers only or Complete setups.  PM any questions or if pricing seems out of line :).

Might consider a partial trade for an EXPS 3 in FDE

Thanks,
'78

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/MK12-Mod-0-and-Mod-1-setups/159-1856234/
View Quote
Great price on that Mod 0. I'm in the hole this week or I'd be all over that upper.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 8:22:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 10:45:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Zakk101abn:
Looks good

Anyone else done their own "etching" on 80% and/or brownells lowers?? I've got a few more 80%ers I need to complete and am thinking this is the route I'm gonna take. I need some motorvation.
View Quote
I got into etching my lowers about a year or two ago. Trouble is I dont think dogfight sells colt stencils anymore. I still have a few I bought waiting for a lower. I did my own reprofiling too for my m16a1 lower. The etching is pretty cool. It's not perfect in every way but nothing is except a real m16a1 lower and how many of us can swing that price tag?

interactive dice roll

interactive dice roll
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 12:45:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KGLaw] [#37]
Originally Posted By kmcale:
I was going to hold out on the pictures until I get my Eagle TAS-1 sling received and mounted, but I'm getting antsy to post on here. Here is what I was able to piece together, did what I could on the early production parts. 22h nls, front buis with the early (long) clamp, bipod adapter - pre NSN # with long clamp. Would like to find myself some more early parts down the line, but I'm happy with what I've been able to do so far. (I know my scope caps are incorrect, I like the Aluma caps more than the Butler Creek caps)

**AEM5 is awaiting an F3 to get to my dealer and I start my "hurry and wait" F4.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/488238/20190223_203522_jpg-859862.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/488238/20190223_203920_jpg-859863.JPG

And note to all whom are looking to do up a Mk12 build/replace a barrel with intentions of ordering through HCS. There has been posts in here stating that hes "cutting back" or closing, it is true. I spoke with Kevin, he is, unfortunately, closing the doors on HCS sometime this year.
View Quote
I never miss either of my Mod 1s until someone posts one that looks this good.  Nice rifle, man.

ETA - Not to shun the other very nice Mod 1s on this page.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 11:52:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kmcale] [#38]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

I never miss either of my Mod 1s until someone posts one that looks this good.  Nice rifle, man.

ETA - Not to shun the other very nice Mod 1s on this page.
View Quote
I thank you very much for the recognition! Theres still a few things I need to make it right in my eyes, but regardless, I am happy with how it has all turned out.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Here's an updated pic with the TAS-1 (special thanks to @ankratz for the sling). Not all entirely sure how the front strap gets attached I am also having a hard time deciding if I want to run the KAC grip or not
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 10:27:57 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
You did good. I offered a guy 2k for one and he turned it down. Seeing what you paid I’m glad he did.
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 10:31:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Mine is pretty much finished I do believe. Far and away my favorite rifle in my collection. Wife even loves it enough to want her own.

Link Posted: 3/4/2019 7:50:53 PM EDT
[#41]

Final
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 8:10:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Samson-Dogg] [#42]
My wife has had a mod 1 for over a year. With an AEM-5. I’m getting ready to do a mod h for her with the URX 4. Anyone here got the URX 4 you don’t want?
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 1:06:50 AM EDT
[#43]
I recently bought a Leupold TS30-A2 mk4 2.5-8x36mm for a clone build, it doesn't have the mk12 mod1 77gr turrets like I want. Does anyone have experience with Kenton Industries for new turrets or should I stick with Leupold custom shop to have some made?
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 3:36:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By WA1911:
I recently bought a Leupold TS30-A2 mk4 2.5-8x36mm for a clone build, it doesn't have the mk12 mod1 77gr turrets like I want. Does anyone have experience with Kenton Industries for new turrets or should I stick with Leupold custom shop to have some made?
View Quote
Stick with Leupold. If they can't make you a 112635 Mk12 Mod 1 turret, then see if they can match the markings for these and use the same ballistic data:

Link Posted: 3/6/2019 5:19:24 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 3/7/2019 12:39:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By vagpunisher:

I got into etching my lowers about a year or two ago. Trouble is I dont think dogfight sells colt stencils anymore. I still have a few I bought waiting for a lower. I did my own reprofiling too for my m16a1 lower. The etching is pretty cool. It's not perfect in every way but nothing is except a real m16a1 lower and how many of us can swing that price tag?

https://i.ibb.co/YX4R4H6/20171201-123641.jpg
interactive dice roll

https://i.ibb.co/YbyFkGZ/20171130-203441.jpg
interactive dice roll
View Quote
Those look great. I emailed dogfight and he sent me a link with the colt stencils. For whatever reason I was not able to locate them on my own...
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 1:30:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Yeah. I think it may be a hush hush thing. Colt probably hassled him
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 2:52:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By vagpunisher:
Yeah. I think it may be a hush hush thing. Colt probably hassled him
View Quote
They did, pretty sure that's why Brace stopped altogether (plus the whole faux 3rd pin thing) and lasar15.com stopped listing them as well for lowers.

I'm just going to go GM Hydra anyways because that's the right rollmark for the Holland I cloned. I figure I can use my Brownells for the beater OG SPR that I will eventually build with this repro wheel FSB.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

They did, pretty sure that's why Brace stopped altogether (plus the whole faux 3rd pin thing) and lasar15.com stopped listing them as well for lowers.

I'm just going to go GM Hydra anyways because that's the right rollmark for the Holland I cloned. I figure I can use my Brownells for the beater OG SPR that I will eventually build with this repro wheel FSB.
View Quote
Damn, I didnt know brace stopped too. That sucks. Glad I have a couple more stencils left then.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 10:15:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:
Recently I posted a comment about the trickier installation of some of the ARMS rails. It occurred to me I've never seen it mentioned how to install these, so I figured I would do a little photo outline detailing it. So the later ARMS rails comes with this little nub here, circled in red.
View Quote
You have always been the go-to on PRI install/removals. I don't believe anyone has built or taken apart quite as many PRI tubes as you have.
Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top