Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2002 2:41:03 PM EDT
Me and my mom and dad went out to my dad's office and shot my Ar15, HK USP45f(was a match)and me and my dad shot skeets.. My mom doesn't mind guns but doesn't really like to shoot them so she handed my dad the skeets and watch me pop some targets at 100 yards with my Ar15 and about 25 yards with the USP45.. my dad bought her a little S&W 38special +p lightweight hammerless 5 shot revolver and she hates it.. she won't fire it cuz you can only get 2 fingers around the grip and her pinky finger gets pinched everytime she shoots it.. I told her that me,her and dad needed to goto the gun shop and pick her out a like a HK USPCompact in .40 or 9mm .. she said she wouldn't mind shooting it for defense but didn't really like the gun all that much.. I told her she needed to practice with it.. reloading and taking it out of her purse/holster so she would know what to do if a situation ever arose...  She likes to shoot my Benelli Nova 12ga. more than that pistol so I leave the Nova cocked and locked 1 in the chamber and 7 in the tube.. and she knows where its at if it's needed..  any ladies here have any recommendations for a compact pistol but with a full grip? Nothing really expensive like the HK compact(just a suggestion) I was thinking of something like a Kel-tec p32 with a mag extension for her pinky finger...

ok i'll quit rambling [:D]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 2:59:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't do that in my dad's office.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 3:31:33 PM EDT
[#3]
[url]http://www.burkhalter.net[/url]

That's my dad's company.. we have a bunch of land out there and can shoot whenever we want..

I also told my mom if she wanted her own pistol she could buy it herself.. I told her that i'd be glad to help..maybe i'd have a new shooting partner..
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 8:31:35 AM EDT
[#4]
the glock 26 in 9mm would work well.  the stock grip is short and i had a problem with the pinky "falling off" but they make mag extensions to solve this problem and it works really well.

it's "simply" a matter of swapping the floor plate of the magazines.  (which isn't really all that "simple" giving the extreme pressure that the spring in under.  more than once in making the swap on my two  magazines we had springs flying across the living room with cats chasing after them.)

though i'm not fond of them and have not practical experience, what about a .45 with a short barrel?  still somewhat compact, but the grip is as close to full size as one can get.  the other beauty is that the single stack makes the grip skinnier and some women like that because it fits smaller hands better than a fat glock grip.

i'd recommend staying away from taurus semi-auto pistols.  not all are bad but it's not worth the risk in getting one.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#5]
A Sig P225 would be my first recomendation.  She will be able to get her whole hand on it, and as a single stack, it has a thinner profile than the P228.  

A Colt Commander (steel frame) would be another good choice.  They come in .45, 9mm or .38Super.  I'd recomend the .45 of 9mm depending on what she prefers.  

Any of the Glocks that are on the 9mm/40 frame are usually pretty grip friendly. I just don't like the grip angle myself.

The Springfield XD/HS-2000 is one to look at.  It fits small hands very well, 9mm or .40, and you can legally modify S&W hi-caps for it.

Ross
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 3:07:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Star 380 that is out of this world.  it is really comfortable to shoot.  The guys even enjoy this gun.  Call me old fashioned, but I grew up in th era of revolvers.  I usually carried a S&W 38 with a 2 inch barrel off duty. As a matter of fact, I have two (blue and stainless).  They also fit in my purse holster. I have one loaded for home security at all times.  I did use Pachmeyer grips for a good and comfortable hold.  I have very small hands and either of those types have worked well for me.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 7:05:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the glock with the mag extension.  If she has small hands it might be hard for her to handle.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
my dad bought her a little S&W 38special +p lightweight hammerless 5 shot revolver and she hates it.. she won't fire it cuz you can only get 2 fingers around the grip and her pinky finger gets pinched everytime she shoots it.[:D]
View Quote

Paragraphs my friend; use them just like in school.

A light-weight +P is not a gun to have fun with at the range.  It's usually used in a back up roll, or when a larger size is too large.

Have her try a Glock 9mm like Ms. ArLady, or a larger revolver.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 8:40:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I dint no we wur bak in englesh clas chill out no need to correct him, its a board for crying outloud.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 8:45:38 PM EDT
[#10]
where does your dad work?  hope it wasnt the post office!  [:P] [}:D][BD]
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 8:59:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I dint no we wur bak in englesh clas chill out no need to correct him, its a board for crying outloud.
View Quote

Whenyouseeabunchifwordsthatarealltypedtogetheritmakesithardtoreadandbythetimeyouareattheendyouthinkmanthatwasreallyannoyingjustlikeyouarethinkingnow.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:05:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I read it just fine and I wear contacts. Hmm I guess I must be special or something. Maybe special mutant powers to see and read words that are really close together, this is so neat.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:18:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

When you have a few hundred posts I will put thought into what you type Max.  [b]Until then it's just semantics.[/b]

Edit: Quote. & bold.[:D]
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:31:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Why should it matter how many posts a person should have, my opinion is mine and your opinion is yours, please dont get your panties in knot
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Why should it matter how many posts a person should have, my opinion is mine and your opinion is yours, please dont get your panties in knot
View Quote

hey, hey, hey.

no fighting on [b]my[/b] playground.

maxx, chill out.  no harm no foul.  naked was just trying to help the guy type so that his posts would be more read-able and he could get better answers.

as for post count, fair or not, it's an indication of how serious to take someone who seems to be running off at the mouth.  it's especially annoying when a newbie comes in and starts pissing and moaning about the way things are run.  we tend to get a little touchy about things like that.  nothing personal, though.

sit back, enjoy, and post to your heart's content.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 2:01:37 PM EDT
[#16]
hookt un foniks werkt fer me!!!11
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 2:08:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top