Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/17/2009 3:45:08 PM EDT
Following the abduction of a student here and her subsequent rape, our college is handing out whistles to protect us.  That should do a lot of good.

Oh and they are emphasizing that we should travel in groups except they fail to mention that the girl was in a group... I just can't wait til I get my CHL.  Luckily I found a friend's apartment I can keep my Glock at.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Pfffffft
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Fucking sheep.  Cracks me up every time.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 3:55:07 PM EDT
[#3]
lol
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 3:56:21 PM EDT
[#4]
nevermind.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Fucking sheep indeed. Anyone dumb enough to carry a fucking WHISTLE for protection deserves to be attacked.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 3:59:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Following the abduction of a student here and her subsequent rape, our college is handing out whistles to protect us.  That should do a lot of good.

Oh and they are emphasizing that we should travel in groups except they fail to mention that the girl was in a group... I just can't wait til I get my CHL.  Luckily I found a friend's apartment I can keep my Glock at.

Fuck that.  Keep it where you can use it.  Concealed means concealed.  Get a small safe and stick it under your bed when you're not carrying it.  

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 4:08:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Op-where are you going to college? Got any
single christian ladies that need a friend?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 4:10:09 PM EDT
[#8]
What the fuck is it with liberals and whistles? Are they +2 Magic Whistles of Rape Prevention, or what?

Fucking retards.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 4:10:42 PM EDT
[#9]
What the fuck does a rape whistle sound like    
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 4:11:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Luckily I found a friend's apartment I can keep my Glock at.

That will do you a lot of good.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck that.  Keep it where you can use it.  Concealed means concealed.  Get a small safe and stick it under your bed when you're not carrying it.  

keep it on you as much as possible if RA's check your room
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Its ok, my employer recently had signs made up stating, "FOR YOUR SAFETY," no weapons allowed on premises.  I'm sorry, but the sad fucking reality is, if you were truly concerned with my safety you'd allow me to DEFEND MYSELF.

Bunch of liberal fucktards.  

OP,  sorry yoru school is a bunch of retards, welcome to the rest of the world.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 4:16:29 PM EDT
[#14]
She was in a group and still got taken? How did that work out?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 4:18:36 PM EDT
[#15]
My college is currently taking away concealed carry on campus.  I just really hope they give me a goddamned whistle so I feel safe              
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 4:26:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Right, being in a group will protect you. Tell that to these girls... group of three was forced into the woods and two of them raped. This happened not far from where I live. Link.

I have a rape whistle... it's .40 caliber, and if I ever need to use it, I'm sure the holes will whistle nicely when the wind blows through them.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 5:42:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I can't believe these programs make it out of board rooms.  The elite in this country really are morons.  This is right up there with the Illinois State Police recommendation that women use a comb to protect themselves from rapists.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Blow my whistle baby.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 5:45:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Idiots..
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Its ok, my employer recently had signs made up stating, "FOR YOUR SAFETY," no weapons allowed on premises.  I'm sorry, but the sad fucking reality is, if you were truly concerned with my safety you'd allow me to DEFEND MYSELF.

Bunch of liberal fucktards.  

OP,  sorry yoru school is a bunch of retards, welcome to the rest of the world.

You might point out that he has created a "target rich environment" has thereby exposed himself to considerable civil and possible criminal liability should a criminal target the unsafe workplace.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#21]
SKREEEEEECH!!!!!

My friend: "what's that?"

Me: " some moron is playing with thier whistle again"
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 5:46:35 PM EDT
[#22]
i can see it now.

every drunk ass college kid is going to blow them fucking whistles to the point where the noise will become useless.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 5:47:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

TWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-Im bein raped-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-im bein raped-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeim bein raped-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-im being raped=eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I havent figured out how they make that little ball say Im bein raped tho
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:06:23 PM EDT
[#24]
There is an instructor/ former sherriff at front sight who relays the following to every class: A young woman comes to him and tells him of her boyfriends threats of violence against her. He advises her to get a concealled permit, get a gun, get some training, and carry. She works at a hospital and is going to college (in her early 20's). Her friends recoil at the suggestion of her getting a evil gun and talk her into a whistle instead. A few months later, you guessed it, a call to a stabbing in the parking lot of the hospital. she had been stabbed repeatedly with a screwdriver as she blew for all she was worth on that useless whistle. The whistle had been heard by workers inside the hospital, by people on the other side of a 4 lane road, and by others nearby. No one came to her aid as she was stabbed to death. Would the outcome have been different if she had a gun? Perhaps, or mabey not, but at least she might have had a chance.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:08:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Oh What the fuck ever.
Libby douches gotta do something, right??
Maybe another "take back the night" march by communist lesbians or some shit........

Heres my plan, Each girl should be given a giftcard for 5 big macs a day at Mcdonalds. Eat that shit and blow up so fat that not even a deranged homeless rapist would wanna drop a log in that toilet.

Ok, ok, you think my scheme is cold hearted and insensitive to woman (boo hoo! write a letter to oprah!) but i guarantee its a better plan some some lame ass rape whistle.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:23:00 PM EDT
[#26]
You must go to SFA.

I heard about the abduction etc from several friends of mine who are LEO/fmr LEO. Ridiculous. Whistles?? Seriously?

Texas has taken a sharp turn south (or West/North East depending on how you want to look at it).
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
There is an instructor/ former sherriff at front sight who relays the following to every class: A young woman comes to him and tells him of her boyfriends threats of violence against her. He advises her to get a concealled permit, get a gun, get some training, and carry. She works at a hospital and is going to college (in her early 20's). Her friends recoil at the suggestion of her getting a evil gun and talk her into a whistle instead. A few months later, you guessed it, a call to a stabbing in the parking lot of the hospital. she had been stabbed repeatedly with a screwdriver as she blew for all she was worth on that useless whistle. The whistle had been heard by workers inside the hospital, by people on the other side of a 4 lane road, and by others nearby. No one came to her aid as she was stabbed to death. Would the outcome have been different if she had a gun? Perhaps, or mabey not, but at least she might have had a chance.
Surprise is a huge advantage, a gun may or may not help.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#28]
All but one of the rapes that happened at F.S.U. occurred between 12 a.m. and 7 a.m. in secluded areas. The exception was a bum that attacked a girl on the main street at 2 p.m.

Don't want to get raped? Don't be in dark areas alone.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 11:39:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Op-where are you going to college? Got any
single christian ladies that need a friend?

SMU

and yes
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 11:40:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That will do you a lot of good.

I know where he keeps the key so I can grab it when I'm going to CCW.  If I get caught with it in my room a lot of shit will go bad for me.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 11:41:59 PM EDT
[#31]

A whistle. Wow.

So what is the victim supposed to do after the criminal slaps it out of their mouth? Fart loudly?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 11:42:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
All but one of the rapes that happened at F.S.U. occurred between 12 a.m. and 7 a.m. in secluded areas. The exception was a bum that attacked a girl on the main street at 2 p.m.

Don't want to get raped? Don't be in dark areas alone.

This abudction was on a traveled street and she was with friends.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 12:01:50 AM EDT
[#33]
I'll never understand fucking liberals. Ever.

I almost hope that something bad happens at CSU now that they abolished concealed carry on their campus. For fuck's sake, nothing even happened on campus, they just decided to repeal it. Fucktards.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 12:08:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Are you fucking kidding me!?

They might as well hand out condoms for the rapists.

Sometimes you have to do what you know is right. Concealed means concealed.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 12:28:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Since you mention getting caught with the glock, im assuming you are living in a dorm.

Let me riddle you this,

How many of your floor mates drink in their rooms?
How many have liquor or drugs stashed in their rooms?

I just moved out of the dorms last year and, believe me, theres lots of shit that goes on that doesnt get noticed by the RA  (GA, PA, SA whatever the fuck your college calls it).

But unlike being drunk, when you carry a gun it doesnt make you loud and semi-coordinated.

in the words of Xzibit, "I'd rather be caught with it than caught without it"
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 1:42:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

SMU

Yeah a whistle would have stopped those illegal assholes.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:57:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Since you mention getting caught with the glock, im assuming you are living in a dorm.

Let me riddle you this,

I just moved out of the dorms last year and, believe me, theres lots of shit that goes on that doesnt get noticed by the RA  (GA, PA, SA whatever the fuck your college calls it).

But unlike being drunk, when you carry a gun it doesnt make you loud and semi-coordinated.

If I didn't have to have a roommate it would be a lot different.  He has already reported me for having a knife but those are allowed.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:03:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Sometimes you have to do what you know is right. Concealed means concealed.

Indeed, and at least in PA, the penalties for carrying a firearm on campus are entirely institutional - it's against the policies of most universities, but not illegal.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:05:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

From one college student to another... this is a horrible idea
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:08:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

From one college student to another... this is a horrible idea

He is a brother in my Christian fraternity, doesn't drink/drugs, and owns more guns than I do.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:12:19 AM EDT
[#41]
BANGBANG  BANG (assess) (reload) (assess)    TWEEEEEEET!
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:19:16 AM EDT
[#42]
I would have NEVER have kept my 1911 in my dorm room with me while i was in college.  

*cough*

nope, never.  

Granted I was an RA and didnt have a room mate.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:24:01 AM EDT
[#43]
That sounds real effective lol.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:24:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me riddle you this,

If I didn't have to have a roommate it would be a lot different. He has already reported me for having a knife but those are allowed.

WTF???  Get a new room mate or get the fuck out the dorms.  

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:28:05 AM EDT
[#45]
I have a friend that goes to college in Chicago.  Before she left town, I got her a can of Sabre Red.  First semester, she carried it in her purse.  2nd semester it moved to her key ring.  Probably illegal, but she doesn't care.

When I gave it to her, she said that now her parents didn't need to buy her a rape whistle.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:30:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Keep it on a lanyard with a couple of large hex nuts.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:33:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Right, being in a group will protect you. Tell that to these girls... group of three was forced into the woods and two of them raped. This happened not far from where I live. Link.

I have a rape whistle... it's .40 caliber, and if I ever need to use it, I'm sure the holes will whistle nicely when the wind blows through them.

This all the way. My wifes rape whistle is a compact XD9.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:34:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Does any one know of a SELF DEFENSE shooting  IN a  "saftey zone"?
Where somebody said F the law, I'm gonna protect myself.

What would have happened if some body at Virginia Tech if somebody had done this?
I mean AFTER they saved a whole bunch of people.

Or a teacher at Columbine HS?

ETC.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:35:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Dude, my college room inspections are pretty much someone looking through the open door and saying "yep, that's a room alright" and then leaving.  Concealed means concealed.

ETA:  I now live off campus
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:36:33 AM EDT
[#50]

Or stab them with a sharp #2 pencil, and break it off. Repeat until results happen.

Half sharp pencils work too.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top