Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:37:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since you mention getting caught with the glock, im assuming you are living in a dorm.

Let me riddle you this,

How many of your floor mates drink in their rooms?
How many have liquor or drugs stashed in their rooms?

I just moved out of the dorms last year and, believe me, theres lots of shit that goes on that doesnt get noticed by the RA  (GA, PA, SA whatever the fuck your college calls it).

But unlike being drunk, when you carry a gun it doesnt make you loud and semi-coordinated.

in the words of Xzibit, "I'd rather be caught with it than caught without it"

If I didn't have to have a roommate it would be a lot different. He has already reported me for having a knife but those are allowed.

WTF???  Get a new room mate or get the fuck out the dorms.  

Not allowed to and not allowed to.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:37:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Dude, my college room inspections are pretty much someone looking through the open door and saying "yep, that's a room alright" and then leaving.  Concealed means concealed.

ETA:  I now live off campus

Here they actually go through shit if you have a safe you have to open it for them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:38:14 AM EDT
[#3]
My rape whistle is the best! It has the name .45 ACP and it's special! Hollow Point

It can make a noise 11+1 times

My Truck whistle is also pretty wicked, it's name is 12 gauge, and it too is special, 3" Magnum 00BK.

It only makes noise 4 times, but the noise feels like a mac truck
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:38:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since you mention getting caught with the glock, im assuming you are living in a dorm.

Let me riddle you this,

I just moved out of the dorms last year and, believe me, theres lots of shit that goes on that doesnt get noticed by the RA  (GA, PA, SA whatever the fuck your college calls it).

But unlike being drunk, when you carry a gun it doesnt make you loud and semi-coordinated.

If I didn't have to have a roommate it would be a lot different. He has already reported me for having a knife but those are allowed.

What this guy said.

Either move off campus, or get a new roomie, but find a way to carry.

Hell I had my CETME stashed under my dorm room bed through half of college.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:53:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me riddle you this,

Not allowed to and not allowed to.

WTF? At Penn State, we had to live in the dorms as freshmen, but we could get new roommates..
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:53:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Following the abduction of a student here and her subsequent rape, our college is handing out whistles to protect us.  That should do a lot of good.

Oh and they are emphasizing that we should travel in groups except they fail to mention that the girl was in a group... I just can't wait til I get my CHL.  Luckily I found a friend's apartment I can keep my Glock at.

Fuck that.  Keep it where you can use it.  Concealed means concealed.  Get a small safe and stick it under your bed when you're not carrying it.  

keep it on you as much as possible if RA's check your room

i'm not condoning illegal activities (check your state laws).  
when i lived on campus, folks would do room inspections when no one was in (probably maintenance guys/fire marshall doing inspections;i know this because i had an ethernet cable dangling from the overhead piping and was given a written notice to fix that.).  he'd have to carry it in his backpack all the time or something, which if he did, he should NEVER leave his bag unattended, not even for a minute (securing your items should be standard practice anyways)...    
if OP doesn't want to break laws (no matter how stupid the laws may be), perhaps he can get a knife or some foxlabs spray or loud whistle and tell the raper/theif that he has aids.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 7:06:58 AM EDT
[#7]
So much fail in this program, it's not even funny.  I'd get one anyway, just to have a free whistle, though.

Of course they had to do SOMETHING.  And of course they basically do something that will only make people feel safer and maybe make people forget common sense since they have the TACTICAL ANTI RAPE WHISTLE!!!!

My assessment from when I was in college at Baylor in the early 90s is that kids in college, in general, honestly think they are in some safe environment.  Baylor is surrounded by ghetto, or at least at that time, and far from safe by yourself.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 7:08:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Yea!!!!  Letth all blow our whithles and act like an ACT UP/gay pride rally!!!!!!

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 7:09:15 AM EDT
[#9]
It would certainly be hard to blow a rape whistle with it shoved up one's ass...
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 7:09:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I would whip out my piece and say "no thanks, Im covered". Just sayin.....
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:06:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me riddle you this,

What this guy said.

Either move off campus, or get a new roomie, but find a way to carry.

Hell I had my CETME stashed under my dorm room bed through half of college.

I had my NM M1A leaned in the corner by my bed and a loaded BHP on a shelf above my pillow. The guy two floors up had an SP1 and a Sig 226. After the RA barged in one night during a fire alarm, I was a bit more cautious.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:09:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is an instructor/ former sherriff at front sight who relays the following to every class: A young woman comes to him and tells him of her boyfriends threats of violence against her. He advises her to get a concealled permit, get a gun, get some training, and carry. She works at a hospital and is going to college (in her early 20's). Her friends recoil at the suggestion of her getting a evil gun and talk her into a whistle instead. A few months later, you guessed it, a call to a stabbing in the parking lot of the hospital. she had been stabbed repeatedly with a screwdriver as she blew for all she was worth on that useless whistle. The whistle had been heard by workers inside the hospital, by people on the other side of a 4 lane road, and by others nearby. No one came to her aid as she was stabbed to death. Would the outcome have been different if she had a gun? Perhaps, or mabey not, but at least she might have had a chance.
Surprise is a huge advantage, a gun may or may not help.

Argeed but as he said she may or may not have had a chance..With the whistle zero chance.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:32:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:36:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:38:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Figure out a way to launch the whistle from an inner grooved metal tube of some sort at velocities averaging 1250 fps.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:12:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Something about one hit on the head with that and its coloring books for Christmas?

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Something about one hit on the head with that and its coloring books for Christmas?

Tell me more about this please.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:43:05 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:51:56 AM EDT
[#20]

The only time you'd hear me blow my whistle would be after you hear a few gunshots....

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Where have you been cableguy221???

Done taking finals yet???
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Where have you been cableguy221???

Done taking finals yet???

Finals

and yah

I raped ass at them but I made the horrible decision of being in the honors program some of my classes were a bitch.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top