Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2002 4:40:43 PM EDT
I just started playing Ghost Recon multiplayer over the 'net. Pretty cool game. My personal preferences would be to play on a team with reasonable "real world" tactics instead of the usual "every man for himself" Chinese fire-drill all over the map.

I have both Ubi.com and All Seeing Eye.

Any AR15.com'ers hosting/playing team games?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:51:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I played it a few times, and to me, I like a lot of the features, but it's too hard to see people.  Shy of having the sniper, it's way too hard to see people at a distance.  

I'm into playing Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.  I like playing it using some tactics... crouch, and look around corners... but every once in a while, you run into the weenies that think it's Quake and run around like morons.  It's fun to snipe them and hear them whine about it.  

Link Posted: 2/6/2002 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been playing for a bit...maybe get in a game a week or so.  Lately things have been so busy life-wise.  For support, it seems Redstorm was much better before Ubisoft bought them out.

I never did load the All Seeing Eye or Ubi.com...I usually just play against a few people I know or something.  It's not hard to host a game either, but a high speed internet connection is near essential.

While there always seem to be at least one "everybody-run-around-like-an-idiot-shooting-wildly" game...it's normally some sort of co-op or team v. team where the pace is fairly slow as everybody tries to creep along cautiously until everything happens all at once.  But we try not to hole-up on one ambush spot for the whole game...that makes for poor gameplay.  Some of the maps are just far too big for a team v. team type game.

For the "hard-to-see" thing, there is a server-side mod or two out there that lessens the fog effect a bit...really opens up the map considerably.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top