Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2002 4:40:43 PM EDT
I just started playing Ghost Recon multiplayer over the 'net. Pretty cool game. My personal preferences would be to play on a team with reasonable "real world" tactics instead of the usual "every man for himself" Chinese fire-drill all over the map.

I have both Ubi.com and All Seeing Eye.

Any AR15.com'ers hosting/playing team games?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:51:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I played it a few times, and to me, I like a lot of the features, but it's too hard to see people.  Shy of having the sniper, it's way too hard to see people at a distance.  

I'm into playing Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.  I like playing it using some tactics... crouch, and look around corners... but every once in a while, you run into the weenies that think it's Quake and run around like morons.  It's fun to snipe them and hear them whine about it.  

Link Posted: 2/6/2002 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been playing for a bit...maybe get in a game a week or so.  Lately things have been so busy life-wise.  For support, it seems Redstorm was much better before Ubisoft bought them out.

I never did load the All Seeing Eye or Ubi.com...I usually just play against a few people I know or something.  It's not hard to host a game either, but a high speed internet connection is near essential.

While there always seem to be at least one "everybody-run-around-like-an-idiot-shooting-wildly" game...it's normally some sort of co-op or team v. team where the pace is fairly slow as everybody tries to creep along cautiously until everything happens all at once.  But we try not to hole-up on one ambush spot for the whole game...that makes for poor gameplay.  Some of the maps are just far too big for a team v. team type game.

For the "hard-to-see" thing, there is a server-side mod or two out there that lessens the fog effect a bit...really opens up the map considerably.  
Top Top