Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/29/2009 4:26:33 AM EDT
Fox said something to the effect that there are only 2 episodes left.

I know the movies is due out this summer and I figured the show would end.

Will Summer be in the movie?    
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:29:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure it's just the season's final episodes. I hope!

I don't like the chick that plays Sarah. Is it just me?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:32:04 AM EDT
[#2]
That show is about as exciting as watching paint dry. If it goes off the air, will you even notice?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:33:13 AM EDT
[#3]
SHe's tuff and she's sexy but she is a bitch.

I think I liked Linda much better!

I watched T2 again last night for the first time in years and allmost could not stand to watch because of the John Conor actor.

What a fucking little, slack jawed bitch that guy was!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:34:19 AM EDT
[#4]
It's the only show I watch.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:38:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I watched T2 again last night for the first time in years and allmost could not stand to watch because of the John Conor actor.

Linda was much better.
This chick that's playing Sarah now isn't even sexy to me. She's kinda repulsive. Something about her...

The show does move really slow at times. Definately not for the ADD types.  
24 is where the action's at!  Nothing better.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:58:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That show is about as exciting as watching paint dry. If it goes off the air, will you even notice?

Nope. Hopefully, if it gets canned Summer Glau will get a job on Dollhouse, and I can keep my weekly clown punching down to an hour a week.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:59:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Here is me watching that show:

Fast forward fast forward...wait, is that a gun?

Nope.

Fast forward fast forward.

Would you like to Erase Now?

Yes.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:49:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

She's alright. I do think she looked alot better in "300" as the Queen

I hope this isn't the end of the series.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:55:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Its not only slow but I figured out the remaining arc at the end of the last episode.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:55:35 AM EDT
[#10]
It ended for me when they switched it to Fridays. Who watches TV on Friday nights?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:01:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

People with better taste in TV shows than you.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:02:10 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm glad to know that I am not the only person who will miss it. I love that show, only because of the back story. It fills in a nice gap I think. I don't think that Dollhouse is destined for another season either. I like them both, but the ratings are dropping like a rock, means no money for advertising, means canceled show. Oh well, I'll continue to watch.

Jeremy
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:02:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Jericho was 10x better than Terminator.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:05:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Its not only slow but I figured out the remaining arc at the end of the last episode.
Click To View Spoiler

Agree with this assessment.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:11:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It ended for me when they switched it to Fridays. Who watches TV on Friday nights?

Not everybody has as exciting social life as you and do occasionally stay home with the family on Friday nights.  Other people have invested in TiVo type recording devices which allow them to record a show when they are not actually at home.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:22:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I always wondered if JC was the product of inbreeding.  That mindless, selfish twit is unworthy to save mankind much less capable.  If Summer is the model robot of the future, I want one.  She is the only interesting character.  The mother acts more like a dyke with hormone issues.  I bet she has to shave her chest every day.  In short the script writers really wanted to screw this show up so no one would like it.  The show showed some potential in the beginning but the writers eventually killed it.  It is just too over the top for me to really get into and I enjoy good scifi.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:31:03 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Agree with this assessment.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:32:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You have GOT to be kidding!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:37:10 AM EDT
[#19]
The show was nothing more then advertising for the movie.  

A show about Terminators that is on at 8:00 PM on a Friday night is the equivalent of a G-rated movie about Terminators.  Where Conner, Reese and the other freedom fighters are out killing Terminators and Terminator supporting humans in the R-rated movies, this would be the equivalent of watching a couple of tunnel trolls look for rats.

And in the books the humans initiated Skynet in trying to kill it.  

I still can't wait for the movie...
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:47:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Sorry, but SCC sucks.  Its a crappy drama show with a hint of terminator in it, instead of an action show with a hint of drama in it.

The plot moves along so slowly, the episodes seems stuffed with crap that makes me hate all the characters, all while contradicting existing terminator lore.

I understand that they can't be "balls to the wall" every episode, but hell, why the hell is 1/2 of the latest episodes dealing with "John Henry" trying to learn simple things?  We're given a T-1000 at the beginning of the season, and only once has she really gone and done something (killed people) the rest of the time she just walks around the building being laaaaaaaaame.  And trying to raise a daughter.  Laaaaaaame.

Its like they're trying way too hard to personify the terminators.  Before SCC, show me anywhere in existing terminator stories / movies / comics where some terminator tries to raise a freaking kid?  

What the hell was with the first season's cliff hanger?  OH MY GOD THE TERMINATOR GOT CAR BOMBED, I HOPE SHE'S OK BECAUSE SHE'S A FREAKING TITANIUM MACHINE THAT CAN WITHSTAND 10X MORE DAMAGE USUALLY....
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:48:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The show was nothing more then advertising for the movie.  

A show about Terminators that is on at 8:00 PM on a Friday night is the equivalent of a G-rated movie about Terminators.  Where Conner, Reese and the other freedom fighters are out killing Terminators and Terminator supporting humans in the R-rated movies, this would be the equivalent of watching a couple of tunnel trolls look for rats.

And in the books the humans initiated Skynet in trying to kill it.  

I still can't wait for the movie...

Those books have nothing to do with the movies or this television series. This Television series has nothing to do with the Movies...
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:50:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have GOT to be kidding!

I gave Jerhico about 6 or 7 episodes for there to be ANYTHING interesting happening...and got nothing in return for it.  What a turd.

Why can Red Dawn be awesome in the first 5 minutes, and Jerhico can't be at least interesting in the first 6 hours?  
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:51:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sorry, but SCC sucks.  

Sorry, but it doesn't.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:23:31 AM EDT
[#24]
It's the only show I watch, so I hope they don't cancel it.  But the move to Friday night doesn't make me optimistic.

I don't think the problem with Sarah is the actress, I think it's the character.  Maybe I just never noticed, but I always thought Sarah Connor was perfectly sane, they just thought she was crazy because nobody believed the Terminator crap.  But in SCC, she's always semi-delusional, on the verge of a complete breakdown.  I'm not sure if this is supposed to be the effect of all the running and the stress, of if they just decided to write a different Sarah.  Anyway, when the S in SCC is on the verge of self-destruct, it makes it pretty easy to see they could end the show at a moment's notice.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It's the only show I watch, so I hope they don't cancel it.  But the move to Friday night doesn't make me optimistic.

I don't think the problem with Sarah is the actress, I think it's the character.  Maybe I just never noticed, but I always thought Sarah Connor was perfectly sane, they just thought she was crazy because nobody believed the Terminator crap.  But in SCC, she's always semi-delusional, on the verge of a complete breakdown.  I'm not sure if this is supposed to be the effect of all the running and the stress, of if they just decided to write a different Sarah.  Anyway, when the S in SCC is on the verge of self-destruct, it makes it pretty easy to see they could end the show at a moment's notice.

Wouldn't you be a little crazy also if bad ass Terminators were being sent to kill you and your son and you knew the world was going to come to an end a few years?

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:28:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Who doesnt have a tivo or a DVR?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You're more into Brian Austin Green, huh?  

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:36:24 AM EDT
[#28]
T:SCC is gone after those last episodes. Its ratings have steadily gone down since the season started.

Dollhouse will be gone too.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:41:05 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm hoping they give it a reprieve in anticipation of a ratings boost after the new Terminator movie comes out this summer. I hope they don't kill it. With BSG gone, if Terminator gets canceled I'll have absolutely nothing to do on Friday nights.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:41:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
T:SCC is gone after those last episodes. Its ratings have steadily gone down since the season started.

Friday night.  The kiss of death for prime time tv shows.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:42:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

On a positive note. Rescue Me is coming back a week from Tuesday.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:45:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

On a positive note. Rescue Me is coming back a week from Tuesday.

I've watched that show since the very first episode, but I just got tired of it.  I just pretend Tommy died in that house fire and the show ended.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:03:55 AM EDT
[#33]
I hope not it has potential if the writers do a good job.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:43:00 AM EDT
[#34]
On noes, what will I do without EMO JOHN CONNER???

At least they got rid of his emo suicidal girlfriend.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:46:41 AM EDT
[#35]
The writers destroyed what could have been a great show.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:53:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I hope not it has potential if the writers do a good job.

Unfortunately the writers, the 'young bucks', who wrote the awesome last two episodes of the first season don't seem to be writing the current season's shows.

The writers who 'paid their dues'* seem to be the ones writing

* its difficult to put into words how much I vehemently despise this mentality.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:57:29 PM EDT
[#37]
The writing is off, the character of Derrick  is the only one that I can take seriously. As much as little Johnny and Sarah know that Judgement Day is coming they have little real resolve to do anything about it. They constantly constrain both Cameron and Derek when they suggest killing people who are linked with Skynet, and the only time that Cameron and Derrick actually kill someone Sarah or Johnny get angry that they took action on their own. Sarah and Johnny's failure to comprehend that fact that they are actually at war and that a lot of killing is going to be necessary to win is grating.

I keep waiting for Derrick to show Sarah the Pimphand when she threatens him. Considering that he has seen more war and death than she can imagine. I find it delusional that Sarah thinks she can take him in a fight or that she would be able to kill him, especially considering that never hesitates when it comes to killing or hurting people.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:12:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wouldn't you be a little crazy also if bad ass Terminators were being sent to kill you and your son and you knew the world was going to come to an end a few years?

Probably.  I was just pointing out it's not the actress but the character.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:28:30 PM EDT
[#39]
I like the show, but agree it is history after these last episodes. Friday is where series go to die.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:31:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I like the show, but agree it is history after these last episodes. Friday is where series go to die.

Only two series are getting good ratings on Fri. and those are Numb3rs and The Ghost Whisperer. Every other show has pretty much failed once it's moved to Fri.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:37:38 PM EDT
[#41]
tscc and dollhouse are definetly done when they are finished with their current eps.

its a shame, cuz i love tscc but that arc of eps with sarah running around and being drugged up and meeting up that tranny at the ufo expo thingy and UGH that slew of eps really killed off a bunch of the nielsen rating viewers.

its picked back up now and rocking but sadly it is done. its ratings are shit.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:45:04 PM EDT
[#42]
My avitar agrees with all the positive posts on here.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Give Summer Glau more time on screen=instant ratings.  Throw in some action, and slightly less all-over-the-place plots, and it would be great.  I like the show a lot, but it could be way better.  I think it's going to be shitcanned in two weeks, although with the movie coming out, maybe it will get a reprieve.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:08:30 PM EDT
[#44]
As I noted in the Movie Section...
Friday Night + Fox + Low Ratings = Doom

A lot of the blame of the series derailment goes to Josh Friedman - the producer - who said in an interview that TTSCC was to be a 'Family Drama' with Sarah's cancer being the main story line.  He is - of course - an idiot.

If another network would pick up the show (BBW chance) it could still be saved.  Take the MILF from Hell Sarah and haul her ass to Pascadero.  Rename the show Terminator - The Cameron Phillips Chronicles and make her the main character.  Lots of action, lots of Summer Skin and more Red Head T-1000 terminators and it could come back.

Sigh

TYCOM

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:17:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
As I noted in the Movie Section...
Friday Night + Fox + Low Ratings = Doom

A lot of the blame of the series derailment goes to Josh Friedman - the producer - who said in an interview that TTSCC was to be a 'Family Drama' with Sarah's cancer being the main story line.  He is - of course - an idiot.

If another network would pick up the show (BBW chance) it could still be saved.  Take the MILF from Hell Sarah and haul her ass to Pascadero.  Rename the show Terminator - The Cameron Phillips Chronicles and make her the main character.  Lots of action, lots of Summer Skin and more Red Head T-1000 terminators and it could come back.

Sigh

TYCOM

I approve of this post
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:20:29 PM EDT
[#46]
i think its a great show.

I watch it on hulu, I think alot of others do too

Wasn't this season's contract 22 episodes?

How can there only be two more left?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:24:46 PM EDT
[#47]
... like watching someone, watch paint dry.  No, really I love them.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:31:40 PM EDT
[#48]
I tried watching the first couple of episodes...couldn't get past the bubblegum and lip-gloss.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#49]
I cant seem to tolerate commercials very well........nor watching online.
I'm waiting until the box set comes out.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:42:38 PM EDT
[#50]
I like the show, I always watch it on Hulu
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top