Lawn Darts.

+1

Brilliant toy.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 10:40:27 PM EDT
[#4]
My Red Ryder
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 10:41:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I got a Winchester 9422 when I was 12 I guess you could put an eye out with that.

Not really a toy though.

Link Posted: 1/24/2009 10:41:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lawn Darts.

+1

Brilliant toy.

+2

Still have my prebans

oh, and a BB gun as well.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 10:49:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Lawn Darts.

DAMN YOU, stole my post.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 10:54:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Red Ryder, Nerf guns, and a game called "Crossfire"
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 10:59:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Never had a BB gun. Just various toy guns that fired some sort of projectile. One that sticks out was a red pistol that fired from a detachable box magazine, red, rubber projectiles, shaped like a pistol cartridge. That thing always left whelps on my neighbor. So I imagine it could have put an eye out.
Quoted:

Nooo!!!! Now I'm going to have that damn song from the Crossfire commercial in my head for months again.

Link Posted: 1/24/2009 10:59:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 11:02:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Never had a BB gun. Just various toy guns that fired some sort of projectile. One that sticks out was a red pistol that fired from a detachable box magazine, red, rubber projectiles, shaped like a pistol cartridge. That thing always left whelps on my neighbor. So I imagine it could have put an eye out.
Quoted:

Nooo!!!! Now I'm going to have that damn song from the Crossfire commercial in my head for months again.

Awwww, SON OF A!

Link Posted: 1/24/2009 11:02:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'll get caught up in the....CROSSFIRE!
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 11:03:17 PM EDT
[#13]

THIS.

I hung a rope from our tree in the backyard and tied a knot in it.  I would then pick up acorns by the bucket load and shoot at the knot.  I was quite good.  Also, acorns don't fly straight very often.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 11:04:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 11:05:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FUCK NO!!!

Link Posted: 1/24/2009 11:08:47 PM EDT
[#16]
The lego cannons they used for the pirate ships in Europe... The US versions were just boring chunks of plastic, but he European ones shot lego cannon-balls... Fucking awesome.

Our nanny-government was sure that kids would put their eyes out though, and banned them.

I'm completely fucking serious... Now granted, those cannon-balls weighed probably five grains and could be thrown harder than they came out of those spring-loaded cannons... But none the less, OMGWTFBBQ, ban it for the childrenzs.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 11:09:14 PM EDT
[#17]
lawn darts

A little more than just putting an eye out.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 11:12:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
lawn darts

I still wonder if it was God or Darwin who came up with the idea.

What a WONDERFUL toy.

Link Posted: 1/24/2009 11:13:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FUCK NO!!!

What an effective ('80s power) jingle, though. I haven't heard the damn thing in two decades but it still gets stuck in my head.

Anyway, back on subject. Here's a Tec-9 toy that "shoots" the same "bullets" as the gun I post about. Those bullets had some velocity on them.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 11:14:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
lawn darts

I still wonder if it was God or Darwin who came up with the idea.

What a WONDERFUL toy.

I think it was the same guy who invented those flechette rounds dropped from the air during vietnam. They can do the same thing.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 11:15:47 PM EDT
[#21]
My favorite would be a toss up between my trusty crossman 760 powermaster ( wooden stock and metal reciever ) and my wrist-rocket slingshot .

I still have both eye's and a newer version of the bb gun. (pumpmaster w/ cheap plastic construction )  Need a new slingshot....it's been a while.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 11:17:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I had several:  slingshots, BB guns, dart guns, yard darts, regular darts

Seems like today's kids don't have as many toys, all they have are video games

Yep I had all that stuff . I lived in the city and wasn't supposed to shoot my bbgun at home . when we went visiting to my aunts in the country ... That's all I would do . I used to have a bbgun called " Golden eagle " I think / Daisy .

Wonder what ever became of that gun . I shot a ton of bbs through her .
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 11:17:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My Red Ryder

This. Got it for Christmas when I was 10 year old. I'm 41 now and still have it. Also had the tracer gun. Gave the dog hell with it.

http://www.timewarptoys.com/tracera.jpg
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 11:19:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Remington Fieldmaster at age 10...a big boy's toy.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 11:26:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Daisy Red Ryder - shot the lens out of my little brother's glasses during BB gun fight
target bow and arrow - brother and I would shoot at moving target,(little bro pulling a cardboard bow with a rope) from the house roof
lawn darts, slingshots, homemade throwing stars, all the usual stuff
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 11:31:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Sneaking my fathers chainsaw out in the woods and cutting shit down
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 11:32:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Anyway, back on subject. Here's a Tec-9 toy that "shoots" the same "bullets" as the gun I post about. Those bullets had some velocity on them.
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x130/donkey13farmer/2289859076_d5e69b3336.jpg
Nice.

When I was a kid, I found a cap gun in Mexico that used the energy from the caps to propel toy rubber bullets through the barrel.  Kinda like a toy blackpowder revolver, except it looked like any other cap revolver, and used the same caps.

That thing was pretty nasty.

Every few years, I'm reminded of it, and try to find one on google, but I haven't succeeded yet.  Not sure on the legality, anyway.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 11:34:06 PM EDT
[#28]
we had lawn darts!(still might have some) and those early "paintball" guns, what were they called? the magazine rotated. something-tag? it was about the size of a 22 cartridge. the guns were orange and yellow. mean little bastards!

ETA: i had a sweet little bb gun, then my dad bought me two different pellet/bb handguns. i think i still have one, a crossman.

then again, some of us older ( or kids of older folks) never had child seats and remember laying in the back dash of the family car. my mom told me last year that i would never stay still, so she just let me roam around the car!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 11:35:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FUCK NO!!!

I miss the late 80's early 90's, not really!
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:06:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't crossfire the game that had maybe a hundred steel ball bearing you shot out of little guns mounted to the board? Or am I thinking of something else.......
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 4:27:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Cattle prod, chainsaw, welding torch, power drill, soldering iron...

Like most kids I grew up with I had free run of Dad's garage and shed.

It was called Learning to Use Tools.

<––––––––
still has ten fingers, two eyeballs, no major scars

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 4:40:33 AM EDT
[#32]
My old Beeman 22cal pellet gun...
25 pumps and that thing would shoot through a car door...proved it more than once.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 4:41:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
BB Gun

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 4:55:11 AM EDT
[#34]
BB gun, but I caused more havoc with my slingshot.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 5:15:12 AM EDT
[#35]
We used to have 2 pump wars with bb guns in the woods. I remember one kid who climbed a tree to be a sniper. we all surounded the tree and he got shot like 45 times before he came down crying.

I had bb guns, throwing stars, throwing knives, those ninja tree spike climbers, samuari swords, butterfly knives....you name it

but I got in the most trouble with the blow gun.

My friend once dared me to shoot him in the leg with it. I said yes without hesitation and the dart stuck in like 4 inches. he screamed like a girl and my mom came out to see what was going on. I said he told me to do it...she called him a dumb ass and went strait back inside (I thought I was going to get a butt woppin for that one).sorry benji from tremont, but you were way worse when you pointed that 22lr pistol at my head unloaded or not that was stupid.

We also used to sneak out late at night and climb on top of the bar uptown. It was the only bar in town and it had a flat roof with a lip around it (perfect for a silent sniper). At closing time when the drunks were coming out we would try to start fights between the drunks by shooting them with the ball only thru the blow gun (dart taken out). It worked a few times and I am going to hell for it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:48:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't crossfire the game that had maybe a hundred steel ball bearing you shot out of little guns mounted to the board? Or am I thinking of something else.......

Yep, it didn't take much to unsnap the guns from the board though.

*ETA* I forgot all about the rubber band guns I had.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:50:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x130/donkey13farmer/2289859076_d5e69b3336.jpg

Oh snap, I had one of those! Got it in the '80s at a mall in FL when I was down there visiting my uncle. It was pretty fun until I broke the cocking handle off.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:11:57 AM EDT
[#38]
BB Gun/Fireworks... toss up.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:27:09 AM EDT
[#39]
rubber band guns...slingshot...lawn darts...bottle rockets...

I still remember going to the Gun and Knife show in J'ville and seeing the rubber band gatling gun that shot like a hundred rubber bands....
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:28:19 AM EDT
[#40]
My Red Ryder carbine-action, two hundred shot Range Model air rifle with a compass in the stock and a thing which tells time.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:28:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Roman Candles.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:30:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Lawn Darts.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:34:25 AM EDT
[#43]
definitely those suction cup dart guns.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:43:58 AM EDT
[#44]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svet_A0I65w

My younger got one of these for his birthday.

He shot me right in the eye the very next day and IIRC he nailed the cat the day after.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:45:56 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

My Red Ryder

This.

Plus there was a toy gun which shot these little yellow plastic pellets.  Had a lot of those suckers hit in and around the eye.   Called the Rayline Plastic Pellet Gun

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:53:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My Red Ryder

This. Got it for Christmas when I was 10 year old. I'm 41 now and still have it. Also had the tracer gun. Gave the dog hell with it.

http://www.timewarptoys.com/tracera.jpg

I used to have one of those discs would bounce of things in the house and come back and hit you ...lol

We used to have wars with illegal fireworks my neighbors parents would bring back from the Carolina's , We shot up all my other toys with a 10 pump BB gun .. No Matchbox car was safe
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:01:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Mattel Vertibird. I wish I had one now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSQQo5S5yd0

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:12:06 AM EDT
[#48]
80's toys kicked ass. parents now days need to stop the faggotry with all the anime and pokemon crap. we didnt play with that shit...
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:39:02 AM EDT
[#49]
How could I forget.....

They weren't actual "toys" per se..... but Bottle Rockets.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:50:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Wrist Rocket slingshot.  I was very careful with my BB guns so they were never a threat to put somebody's eye out.  The slingshot was a different ballgame altogether.  I was very reckless with it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top