User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:16:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:35:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Same thing has happened to me.

The GF and I were driving back from a Florida vacation and we timed it very wrong and ended up getting caught in Daytona 500 traffic.  Most people were polite and considerate seeing as though we were going at less than 1 MPH.  Anyway a lot of drunk dickheads were driving down the median and on the shoulder and cutting in front of people.  I was pissed and my GF was pissed because of the lack of courtesy.  Well a bunch of bickers pass us and at that moment she decided to flip them the bird.  A lot of fuck you, kiss my ass and up yours insued though they were in a hurry and kept going. (only to be pulled over by the FHP 5 miles down the interstate)  So now if we get into traffic jams and the GF starts getting moody, I "accidentally" hit the window lock button to keep her hands inside the truck.  Though thankfully that was the last time she flipped the bird.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:35:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well at least you managed to avoid the gunfight overall.

Amazing that some people think that you carrying is a go ahead for them to be dumb.

Ordinarily she is a very reasonable woman. But for some reason I cannot discern, she seems to think that the gun on my hip will ward off evil.

Most likely she is just flat wrong and KNOWS it, and was just reaching for anything to avoid appearing wrong.

Not an unknown tactic for the fairer sex.

Eventually I will get an appology. Thankfully I managed to not say anything stupid or out of anger, so I shouldn't have to offer one.

Your spouse needs to be a part of your training.  I have had the same oblivious and almost instigating attitude from my other half.  Turn this around into a positive and thoroughly instill precisely what she needs to do in this type of situation.

Mine was in a Burger King.  Three bangers who had been in the joint.  I was there with two cops, out of our state, illegal to carry at the time.  The wife was just giggling at the scumbags that were trying to start a fight.  She had no idea how quickly something could have turned bad.  Now she does.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:15:35 AM EDT
[#4]

BTDT

When it's all over, "I never thought about it that way".

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:19:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

BTDT

Yup.

People have no clue how different the world looks when you are packing a firearm.

Most people just have no clue what it takes to survive.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:45:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just have a hard time believing you weren't on the hood of your car -- with both weapons out -- and the kids proned out pissing on their skateboards.  

"AND I WILL LAY MY RIGHTEOUS ANGER AND FURY UPON THEM  !!!11 "  

Thankfully I was very calm during the events transpiring.

I didn't really get properly pissed off until after it was all over, when my system was full of adrenaline and I hadn't got to beat the living snot out of anything.

I actually had the thought that I should have pulled my gun and scared the sh*t out of those little bastards, but the rational side of my brain kept yelling "BRANDISHING!!!" and so I kept it in the holster.

Still, it would have been funny to watch those kids sh*th themselves after realizing they had picked a fight with a guy packing a gun.

If his hands even got close to that knife, it might have been 'go to' time.  I always worry that I'll wait too long -- a bad habit from schoolyard days, when I'd let the other guy take the first swing.

On women who stir up shit:  Tell her she will be have to carry a sidearm herself if she needs a lesson in self-control.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:58:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Ya should have put your  surefire on the woman when you interigated her.  Its not a gender problem, its an idiot problem.  Idiots cross genders you know.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:59:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Ya should have put your  surefire on the woman when you interigated her.  Its not a gender problem, its an idiot problem.  Idiots cross genders you know.

I know.

I have just noticed that this particular manifestation of unwise behavior seems to happen most often to the fairer sex.

I just don't know why that is....
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:03:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BTDT

Yup.

People have no clue how different the world looks when you are packing a firearm.

Most people just have no clue what it takes to survive.

Equally as important, does your other half know what to do if you do have to shoot--as in, lawyer up, tight lips to the cops and press??  This is critical.  

Even after this important training,  reinforcement is required.  Periodic refreshment of this is extremely important.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:10:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know.

I have just noticed that this particular manifestation of unwise behavior seems to happen most often to the fairer sex.

I just don't know why that is....

I don't know.  I've seen both men and women stand around and argue with idiots before.  I think its MrsGungho that has the pefect sigline **Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.**

With that said, I would recommend being a leader and helping these guys pick better places to hang out at!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:14:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
With that said, I would recommend being a leader and helping these guys pick better places to hang out at!

Ever heard the old hymn, "I shall not be moved"???

Some people apply it to EVERYTHING that they do. Getting them to change their patterns is about like trying to convince a rock to move.

The lady who invited us was recently widowed, and this awful place is where she and her husband had taken preachers and church members for fellowship for the last 40 years.

That is one fight I wouldn't win.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:16:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
[
Ever heard the old hymn, "I shall not be moved"???

Some people apply it to EVERYTHING that they do. Getting them to change their patterns is about like trying to convince a rock to move.  

It is FAR easier to get the rock to move. Trust me on this one.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:19:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It is FAR easier to get the rock to move. Trust me on this one.

Indeed.

At least on the rocks you can use dynamite.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:35:52 AM EDT
[#14]
This is  an excellent thread, I myself do not have a 'draw down' story, thankfully, but this just illustrates the reason why I am such a 'social hermit'.

Like many arfcomers I feel capable of 'handling' the situation should it arise, but am too concerned about the legal fallout of such action, I am not fortunate enough to be able to assemble a legal 'Dream Team' to keep me out of pound me in the ass prison, as such I avoid all these situations to the obvious demise of my social life.

With all that said my problem is not with the 'little woman' getting me into such an altercation, I  just happen to have really lousy luck and seem to draw idiots like a magnet, I am not a 'little' guy who's physical stature screams 'victim' or a loudmouth mouth who invites such attention but for some reason I seem to be the one the feel like fucking with......
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:55:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Reminds me of this one girl me and my friends used to hang out with who had a knack for getting the guys around her in trouble.

One time she was with a couple of my friends on the Atlantic City boardwalk. They walked by some guys with shaved heads and under he breath she said "fucking skinheads". Well, they heard it and the guys she was with nearly got their asses kicked because of her mouth.

Another time I was driving with her, my girlfriend, and my buddy (who was smaller than me and I'm not big by any stretch of the imagination). We were going to a Denny's to meet some friends and were driving through Pine Hill (for the NJ guys who knw the area). Well we passed a groupd of about 5-6 black kids... probably a little younger than us. I found out later she flipped them off and mouthed something to the effect of "f you ****ers".

We came to a stop light in traffic. There was a car in front of mine and several cars behind us. The kids ran to catch up with us and then ran up on top of my car!! When the light turned green one of them was in front of the car and I think one was still on the car... I floored it. Didn't manage to hurt any of them so I pulled over in a parking lot, me and my friend got out, and I pulled a tire iron out of the trunk and headed off toward the "kids". They headed into their apartment complex where there were even more kids... but I the cops showed up and kept anything from getting out of hand. Then the big mouth girl shows up and starts yelling "that's the ****er, right there". I turn around and shout "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!" at her. The cop asks if I can identify any of them. I couldn't without any doubt and we went on our way.

Women just don't know when to keep their mouths shut.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:27:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Moral of the story: Ladies, please don't start trouble or contribute to any. We love you. We really do. But every now and then you make us mad enough to pull our own ears off. Don't put us in situations that we don't need to be in.

For the love of God, leave well enough alone.

Thank you.

Rant over.

You know? I do feel a bit calmer now.

You Sir are a model of restraint.

Multiple sources of distraction, and you still managed to stay in control of the situation.

Introducing another weapon into that situation would have made you look like the idiot, but then you knew that didn't you.

Way to go, a lot of guys would be 'splainin to the po po why they drew down on a bunch of teenage punks with attitudes about now.

Agreed.  J_W777, you've done very well maintaining control of that situation.

Reminds me of scripture, something about a kind word (at times no word) turning away wrath.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:22:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Reminds me of this one girl me and my friends used to hang out with who had a knack for getting the guys around her in trouble.

One time she was with a couple of my friends on the Atlantic City boardwalk. They walked by some guys with shaved heads and under he breath she said "fucking skinheads". Well, they heard it and the guys she was with nearly got their asses kicked because of her mouth.

Another time I was driving with her, my girlfriend, and my buddy (who was smaller than me and I'm not big by any stretch of the imagination). We were going to a Denny's to meet some friends and were driving through Pine Hill (for the NJ guys who knw the area). Well we passed a groupd of about 5-6 black kids... probably a little younger than us. I found out later she flipped them off and mouthed something to the effect of "f you ****ers".

We came to a stop light in traffic. There was a car in front of mine and several cars behind us. The kids ran to catch up with us and then ran up on top of my car!! When the light turned green one of them was in front of the car and I think one was still on the car... I floored it. Didn't manage to hurt any of them so I pulled over in a parking lot, me and my friend got out, and I pulled a tire iron out of the trunk and headed off toward the "kids". They headed into their apartment complex where there were even more kids... but I the cops showed up and kept anything from getting out of hand. Then the big mouth girl shows up and starts yelling "that's the ****er, right there". I turn around and shout "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!" at her. The cop asks if I can identify any of them. I couldn't without any doubt and we went on our way.

Women just don't know when to keep their mouths shut.

Which trailer park did you happen to pick this gem of a lady up from?

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:35:56 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
That's just the point.

In a SANE world, she is absolutely correct. What each of those little punks need is someone to give them a swift kick in the buttocks and a command to shut the heck up and stop being so damned stupid. In my Grandfather's day, kids would not behave like that to an adult, because the adult could have literally taken off their belt and beat the stuffings out of them.

And the police would have approved of that solution.

The kids were being idiots, and someone ought to have busted their tails for being so stupid. Unfortunately in our society we aren't allowed to take measures to stop punks from being punks until they try to kill us, in which case we can kill them first. Seems to me that allowing an intermediate level of a$$ kicking is a whole lot smarter than doing nothing until these kids cross the line and then killing them, but the law doesn't seem to agree.

This is what happens when you have a society run by lawyers at every level.  This society has become a society by the lawyers, for the lawyers.  They write the laws as our "representatives", they enforces the laws as judges and prosecuters, they advise tell the president what he can and can't do before he does it, they advise tell companies what they can and can't do.  They charge insane prices because they CAN.  It's always someone's butt on the line facing a charge that the lawyers wrote and they are willing to pay anything or do anything to save their ass.  The lawyers take FULL advantage of people's bad situations to maximize the cash flow and the kicker.. they've set the system up so that is not a crime, or even frowned upon!  When someone hikes a price on their goods because it is in demand though, that is gouging and the lawyers need to come regulate and make some more $$$.  I'm anti-gouging, but let's enforce it across the board please!  They don't want the punks to be taught a lesson that will make them behave more respectfully in the future, nor do they want situations resolved with a minimal amount of violence.  There is no money in that.  They'd much rather the situation break down into extreme violence so that whatever the outcome, their income in this whole ordeal is maximized and the dollars roll in for years of trials and lawsuits.  They run the whole show and this is what happens when lawyers are allowed to run every facet of a society.  I hunger for the day we toss them out and take back our lives.

I am glad you are ok.  Being aware of your situation, observing, and planning ahead allowed you to control the situation properly.  When the situation changed you were already prepared to adapt, and you did.  Good job keeping yourself and your family safe.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:43:12 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

She actualli lived in a nice neighborhood... but she was adopted, spoiled rotten, and had completely fucked up parents to raise her into the gem she was. I don't know what she's like these days.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:52:41 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She actualli lived in a nice neighborhood... but she was adopted, spoiled rotten, and had completely fucked up parents to raise her into the gem she was. I don't know what she's like these days.

I've met more than one womanz like this. Avoid them like the plague.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Sounds like her cunning plan and manipulation worked.

I'm sure they hang out there all the time and that was why she invited you.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:22:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Yup.  I too have had to almost go to GQ because of my bride losing her common sense and saying something like that.  In each case, when it happened I too was looking for a way out that carried with it the least possible risk.

I've warned her that she should NEVER start anything or respond to agressiveness or insults because then I'll get pulled in and I don't want to be explaining to the judge why I had to shoot a punk.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:08:21 PM EDT
[#23]
J_W I am glad things turned out OK.

Frankly while she shouldn't have said what she did, I'm just glad you would have been able to defend her and yourself should they have decided you needed some punching.

That you didn't have to clear leather is icing on the cake. Hopefully, lesson learned for her, and now you know how you react in a crisis situation (if you haven't had any before... big assumption on my part, just looking for the "lessons learned" in all situations)
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:09:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If you said "bunch of idiot skater punks", you win the prize.

I proceed out to the vehicle in front of the rest of the group to disperse these little mongrels to avoid problems. All is going fairly well and we are almost loaded up and ready to go.

Then one of the idiots has to scream something utterly stupid about how Jesus gives people STDs.

OOH OOH! Now this would have been FUN to comment back on!
Answer back: Well, that is true boys, but only to the ones that sleep around before marriage, or are homosexuals. Now...you're not one of THEM are you? (then wink)

J/k guys....
Question though to John Wayne. What did you mean by that you sized up the situation before even leaving the restaurant and how to avoid a confrontation?!
Where in the hell do you live? Teens around here skateboarding are doing just that.  Also, it's not like we live in small hick town by no means.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:47:33 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
J/k guys....
Question though to John Wayne. What did you mean by that you sized up the situation before even leaving the restaurant and how to avoid a confrontation?!

The minute I started out of the restaurant I noticed that there was a congregation of youths around my vehicle. I instantly began to count them, figure out how best to pass through them without incident, etc.

Where in the hell do you live? Teens around here skateboarding are doing just that.  Also, it's not like we live in small hick town by no means.

There are two types of people with skateboards. Normal human beings who use skateboards, and people who believe themselves to be some sort of "rebel". They are self styled anarchist heros who are "brave" and "revolutionary".

Typically they are spoiled little upper middle clas pukes with a sense of entitlement who believe themselves to be tough and have a penchant for reacting violently under the right circumstances.

I have had to deal with these types on numerous occasions.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:03:32 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
J/k guys....

The minute I started out of the restaurant I noticed that there was a congregation of youths around my vehicle. I instantly began to count them, figure out how best to pass through them without incident, etc.

There are two types of people with skateboards. Normal human beings who use skateboards, and people who believe themselves to be some sort of "rebel". They are self styled anarchist heros who are "brave" and "revolutionary".

Typically they are spoiled little upper middle clas pukes with a sense of entitlement who believe themselves to be tough and have a penchant for reacting violently under the right circumstances.

I have had to deal with these types on numerous occasions.

You are absolutely correct.

I know a bishop who caught a group of skateboarders goofing off on the church grounds.  They can sometimes cause damage to property with their antics, so he asked them to leave.  He turned around and started walking back to the building when he heard someone running towards him fast.  The bishop turned around just in time to receive the hit to his forehead.  The scumbag punk beat the bishop unconscious with the skateboard and left him lying there on the ground.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:05:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How'd they know you were churchers?

Sunday night, folks wearing church type clothing....Not hard to figure out.

....what is "church type clothing"?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:11:12 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
....what is "church type clothing"?

Ranges from buisness casual to 3 piece suits.

Which is absolutely out of place in that area of town at that time of night.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:16:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
And she has no idea that I won't be able to sleep because my brain is still in a$$-kicking mode and won't calm down for hours.

Remember this thread?  I still say if you'd learn to just rub one out you'd be a whole lot calmer.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I know a bishop who caught a group of skateboarders goofing off on the church grounds.  They can sometimes cause damage to property with their antics, so he asked them to leave.  He turned around and started walking back to the building when he heard someone running towards him fast.  The bishop turned around just in time to receive the hit to his forehead.  The scumbag punk beat the bishop unconscious with the skateboard and left him lying there on the ground.

OMG!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:46:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OMG!!!!!!!

Fortunately he came out mostly OK, except for the concussion.  I know about this because I'm related to the bishop.  It was a weeknight and the bishop was there to do interviews with church members who wanted to confess or get spiritual counseling.  Needless to say, I've been a little suspicious of skateboarders ever since.  It's a shame that we'll probably never know who did it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#32]
tag for later read
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:57:04 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
"No, you didn't. I did. I saw them before we left the restaurant and had evaluated the situation and had a plan on how to deal with things SPECIFICALLY to avoid a confrontation."

"Well you have a gun on, so..."

"You know I never carry A gun, I carry two. But I have no desire to get into a gunfight because of some stupid comment. I have spent hundreds of hours training for a gunfight specificalyl because I don't want to get into one."

"Well..."

"Well nothing. You didn't think the situation through. You didn't consider the ramifications of what you were doing. You didn't realize how bad it could have gotten."

"Well nothing happened!!"

"No, thankfully it didn't. But it COULD have been very nasty and if so it would have been completely un-necessary."

An unfortunate situation.

Perhaps if you had your wife attend some short CCW training class (enough to get the basics of carrying), she might understand the concept of discretion and lethal force?

Never know, it might do some good, it might even get her carrying too.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:24:57 AM EDT
[#34]
 Have you ever talked to someone about your anger problem?

"Skate or die!" is what you should have said to them.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
 Have you ever talked to someone about your anger problem?

I don't have an anger problem.

"Skate or die!" is what you should have said to them.

And I am the one with the anger problem??
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top