BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:14:05 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
fix yo' dog's ear!

No! too expensive!  

I am going to come over and pull on your udders!

ETA, CavVet would have several womenz slaves to serve his one nut.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:19:26 AM EDT
[#2]
No.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:24:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I make my own. In two more years my son will be old enough to cut the grass while I sit on the porch sipping mint julips.

As an ex yard slave I used to dream of the day................

Then I had two daughters.

I wouldn't mind the deal Capt. Nelson had on

I Dream of Jeannie
What a doofus he was!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:28:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I wouldnt mind having one to earn money for me. Send them to work somewhere, and just take the paychecks and only have to supply them with food  and a cage to sleep in. It'd be like working a fulltime job, while im in class.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:29:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, the more the better. I would treat them well.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:30:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Talk about slavery and everybody focuses upon it's effect on the enslaved. But the reality is that slavery is worse for the master than it is for the slave. Slavery in the United States was an unmitigated disaster. There has been nothing in our history that has done more damage to our country.

Like the bumper sticker says "If we had known what we know now, we woulda picked the cotton ourselves"

But seriously, the institution of slavery has a static effect on societies that adopt it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:33:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Slavery is one of the greatest second greatest abomination ever imposed upon man by his fellow man.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:37:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll pick my own damn cotton and lettuce.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:37:54 AM EDT
[#9]
No, owning another human being is unethical.
Besides, I'm a Protestant - I have to make up for my sinful nature by doing an assload of work.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:48:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Talk about slavery and everybody focuses upon it's effect on the enslaved. But the reality is that slavery is worse for the master than it is for the slave. Slavery in the United States was an unmitigated disaster. There has been nothing in our history that has done more damage to our country.

Thank you.
Slavery harms on both sides.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:06:01 AM EDT
[#11]
not enough return on investment.

think about it you have to pay for there clothes, food and health care 100% not to mention the risk of a revolt.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
that's why I had 3 sons

them suckers are loading up a trailer right now for a trip to the dump

Cheap labor.  

Actually quite expensive.  About $200k each until they turn 18.

$200k/10 working years = 20k/year for a part-time worker.

Could be worse.

Besides, the acquisition process is pretty fun (for us guys, at least).
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:19:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:39:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:43:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Hell no, too much trouble having to look after them. I would rather do things myself and not have some un-educated simpleton (Who is there possibly against his/her will) having run of the house when I am not there to keep an eye on them.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:48:22 AM EDT
[#16]
I'd only own a slave if it was someone I'd have sex with anyway.

For many of us at ARFCOM, that's the ONLY way they're getting laid.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Speak for yourself. I have liquor in my box o' tricks for young co-eds too.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I'd only own a slave if it was someone I'd have sex with anyway.

You poor guy.
come on out to PA - the good doc will hook you up with a lady friend.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:59:17 AM EDT
[#19]
They are called butlers, maids and grounds keepers.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:08:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd like to have my own plantation.  I'd name it "Vernicello" a combination of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson's plantations.  I'd grow, I dunno, sugar cane, cotton candy, grapes and pot.

As I would no doubt be VERY wealthy, I would have a vast number of slaves with names like "Old Shep", "Nebo", and "January".  Now, those would be field hands, mind you.  House hands would have more proper names like "Emily" and "Caesar", and only the most beautiful females would be chosen for indoor duty.  

House hands would be literate and the females would also learn to speak French.  I personally feel all female house hands should know how to speak French.  Kind of a status symbol thing.  You know.  

I would be known throughout the land as a benevolent overlord, whipping them only when necessary.  That said, episodes of attempted escape would bring a date with the lash.  Can't have a capital investment scampering off into the woods to be bitten by a snake or devoured by a bear or something.  Few if any of my slaves would wish to escape however, for they would be treated well.  After all, a slave is an investment, much like a fine horse.  Only a fool would abuse a horse and destroy his own property.

I would sit on the 3rd floor balcony at Vernicello surfing Arfcom, watching my slaves toiling happily in the fields, admiring my expansive domain, and marveling at how fortunate, smart, and just plain damned rich I am.  Happiness would be my lot and, as a landed aristocrat, I would have a great deal of leisure time with which to pursue the belles and society ladies at all the lavish parties I would throw.  I could also run around challenging scoundrels to duels and telling those who incur my wrath, "Frankly Mr./Ms. _____________________, I don't give a damn!"  

Might even try my hand at politics.  That is, I might by a politician or two.  I'd never soil my own hands in such a filthy endeavor.

Vernicello would be known far and wide as a paradise and would be featured on the Home and Garden network regularly.  I would take up hobbies of the aristocracy such as falconing, riding, and...fencing, I guess.  I've never been an aristocrat so I'm kinda winging it here.

Anyway, rest assured I would be madly popular with the ladies, admired and respected by gentlemen of breeding, and each and every day would bring a new adventure!

I can't wait to get started!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:09:08 PM EDT
[#21]
No.  I was raised by a family with an abolitionist heritage.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:16:57 PM EDT
[#22]
No.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How YOU doin?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#24]
I would not own a slave, but I would own a "helper monkey", like disabled people use. I would use it to feed the dog, take out the trash, mow the lawn....well, basically it would be a slave.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:22:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:Would you own a slave if you could?

No I won't join the democrat party.

I wonder how many got that?

---------------

Are we talking like a specific race born into servitude, or people who sell themselves into slavery in order to repay debt of some kind?  

Slavery based solely on race I cannot abide by, but I am all for indentured servitude.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:32:20 PM EDT
[#26]
I live in MA...I can have a wife if I want.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:33:00 PM EDT
[#27]
No.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:49:07 PM EDT
[#29]
I have a plan to enslave Playmoreminds.

(It's only a sort of rough draft right now...)
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:55:15 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:57:01 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The plan's really just in the conceptualization stage.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:09:25 PM EDT
[#32]
I wouldn't think so but as you say if it is the norm and the rules were mostly up to you it might be humane and beneficial.  Hard to judge.  I think there would have to be the opportunity for equality in the future to feel right about it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:08:54 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The plan's really just in the conceptualization stage.

In other words, he's fantasizing.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#34]
No, but I could use a good Gimp...
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:27:18 PM EDT
[#35]
mmmmm well with two ladies here....wait they gang up on me, I am the slave...they pass me back and forth...
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:04:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Nope. It is morally wrong.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Maybe, you have to think about the fact that you'll need to pay for food and lodging for your slaves. If they arent making you any money you'd have to have a bit of money to have a slave. Also lets go over the trouble factor.

Your gonna have to sleep lightly so they wont slit your throat. Or they might constantly be trying to poisin or kill you.

So owning a male slave would be out unless he only worked for me and I could never turn my back to him and keep a gun handy.

A female slave or two could be very handy about the house , for cleaning up purposes of course.

If it was legal it'd prolly be a normal thing and not looked at like it was morally wrong. So yes, I'd prolly own quite a few and have emm working for me.
These days its almost cheaper and certainly easier to hire a illigal mexican to work for you. Alot less trouble and some of them bust there asses for a very small amount of pay.\

It looks like I've thought about this quite a bit doesnt it .
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Why would I want to own someone who's so lazy that you have to force him to work?

Why would I want to own someone who was dumb enough to get enslaved?

Why would I want to own someone who was so dumb his escape attempt(s) had failed?

Why would I want to own someone who was so undermotivated that he hadn't made a serious effort to escape?

Why would I want to own someone who found his life as a slave to be at least moderately acceptable?

None for me, thanks.     I'd rather pay a decent living wage to free, motivated, hard working people who appreciated what they have available to them and did right by me, knowing I'd do right by them, too.

CJ

Oh, so you want indentured servants, why didn't you just say so instead of rambling on like that??
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Would I own a slave?

Uh no.

The history of slavery is a wild one though, particularly in the US.

/off to read the rest of the thread.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:26:51 PM EDT
[#40]
No. How can one, who is so proud to be a citizen of a country which espouses the ideals of liberty and equality for all POSSIBLY justify slavery?

HUH?

America was not just founded on the right to keep and bear arms you know...
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:41:34 PM EDT
[#41]
I'd arm your slaves and fulfill my ultimate dream of being a rebel warlord.  Mmmm.  White uniform, aviator sunglasses.  Heaven.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#42]
I can't get good help when I pay them...
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#43]
no, im lazy enough already
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Hard to say, its so fucking taboo now, your immediate response is ACK! NO.

I'd have an indentured servant to clean my house :B  

The ancestors on my maternal grandfather's side were indentured servants, but the terms of their indenture were such that they were, in effect, slaves who could never buy their freedom nor work off their servitude. They were Scots-Irish rebels, kicked out of Scotland, then kicked out of Ireland. Some were sent to Barbadoes, but others in the same set sent to Virginia and escaped their bondage, and went over the mountains to settle in the impenetrable area of what was later southeastern West Virginia. Very tough, ornery people who never forgot where they came from, and why they were here.

And, no, I would NOT own a slave, any kind of slave, ever.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:30:11 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I live in MA...I can have a wife if I want.

From what I see in the schools, the women here are more manly than the men.....
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:47:50 PM EDT
[#46]
I would buy this Slave.    

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:49:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Nope.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:51:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Stupid fucking post/question. Why bother with this shit! Spend your time on something more productive - like PIE, or 1911 vs GLOCK, or FORD vs CHEVY. Sorry, I like ya, but this post is not good. No siree bob, not good at all.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Stupid fucking post/question. Why bother with this shit! Spend your time on something more productive - like PIE, or 1911 vs GLOCK, or FORD vs CHEVY. Sorry, I like ya, but this post is not good. No siree bob, not good at all.

Well why be a dumbass and click on the thread?  

The world wonders why.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Damn right I'd own a slave. I got a lot of work for them to do, so I'd have several thousand and after their usefulness was past, they would fight to the death in my own personal arena. The Romans wouldn't have crap on me for inhumanity. There wouldn't be any "freedmen" or runaways from my little piece of hell on earth for them.

(All of my slaves would be kidnapped liberals)
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top