Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:02:16 PM EDT
[#1]
If slavery were legal and affordable, then yes, I would own a slave. I'd also treat any slave I owned like a fucking human being instead of property or cheap labor. It'd be more of a social contract, like an indentured servant (which are still legal, incidentally) than actual slavery though.

"You're a slave and I might buy you, but I'm going to treat you like person. Here's the deal: you keep the place clean, make the lawn look nice, etc. and I'll provide for you and give you the same quality of life as me. If you can eventually be freed legally, then that's what I'll do for you, regardless of whether you're helpful or an insolent asshole. I'll protect you and make you as free as you can be under the system. Deal?"

Any slave I owned would probably be female as well. Less inclined to be rebellious (especially since they're getting a better deal than they would otherwise, living as a slave) and frankly the concept of a male slave getting Stockholm Syndrome would creep me out.

Long story short, I would own slaves for the sole purpose of freeing them (if possible) or at least giving the opportunity to have a real life as a real human being. No one in my family ever owned slaves, but a friend of the family did prior to the Civil War. He gave his slaves a social contract like the one I stated; they worked for him willingly because he treated them like people. When slavery was abolished, they all stayed at his farm and kept working there. They weren't his slaves; they were his adopted family.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Damn right I'd own a slave. I got a lot of work for them to do, so I'd have several thousand and after their usefulness was past, they would fight to the death in my own personal arena. The Romans wouldn't have crap on me for inhumanity. There wouldn't be any "freedmen" or runaways from my little piece of hell on earth for them.

(All of my slaves would be kidnapped liberals)

At first I thought you were som efreedom hating troll..but you have apoint here, but how much fun will it be to watch Kerry and Kennedy fight to the death? I mean really Unless Kerry wears pantyhose or Teddy a loincloth? MMM now Hillary might put up a better fight....OH MY G*D her and fienswine in a cat fight, that would be disgusting!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I see posts talk about the moral aspect of slavery. Please tell me in the Bible where it states slavery is IMmoral? Jesus said if you are a slave that you must be held to the same standrads as anyone else, not that it was wrong.

I'm not taking the Pro-slavery side. Just asking.
Personally I wouldn't own a slave.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:18:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
that's why I had 3 sons

them suckers are loading up a trailer right now for a trip to the dump

Planning a trip to where the Lone Ranger takes his trash?

(To the dump to the dump to the dump, dump dump.)
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:21:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Damn right I'd own a slave. I got a lot of work for them to do, so I'd have several thousand and after their usefulness was past, they would fight to the death in my own personal arena. The Romans wouldn't have crap on me for inhumanity. There wouldn't be any "freedmen" or runaways from my little piece of hell on earth for them.

(All of my slaves would be kidnapped liberals)

Good luck getting liberal to do any amount of decent work!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Sure, it would be nice
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#7]
for all of you who seriously said yes, because it would be ok if you treated them right, you are lousy pieces of shit. I mean that with the utmost contempt.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
for all of you who seriously said yes, because it would be ok if you treated them right, you are lousy pieces of shit. I mean that with the utmost contempt.

Please dont make judgements with these guys.  Most are having fun and posting stuff for entertainment.  Besides I really doubt any of these guys would have a slave unless she had some serious boobies.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:46:04 PM EDT
[#9]
How much are really cute ones?

While sex slaves would definitely be appealing I'd probably just end up with 5 or 6 girlfriends who I technically owned. I don't feel the need to be dominant over others (especially females) unless we are role playing.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:57:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Maybe.......But I tell you one thing I wouldn't mind being a slave to the women on this sight.

But then they would just have me do the wrong type of grunt work.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Nope. I would worry about them killing me to get their freedom.

Plus I would rather buy guns than human beings.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:17:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I would buy this Slave.    

www.hunt101.com/img/387601.jpg

While I could never "own" another person, in the case of the one pictured...I would not be adverse to a rental agreement, possibly to include signing a lease.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:27:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Ahhhhhh!  A spirited lad like you would fetch a fine profit on the market in New Orleans!  You most likely would garner a fair price on Ebay, for that matter (though I personally would prefer to see prospective slaves in the flesh in order to check the teeth, muscle tone, and reflexes).

Perchance I would purchase you for work at Vernicello.  Of course, with your track record of impudence you would be restricted to the fields.  Your attitude combined with your obvious ability to read and write would render you far to dangerous and untrustworthy for house duties (too many sharp objects laying around and too many opportunities for mischief).

Your slave name would be...let me see...oh yes: "Suppy" (short for "supplicant").  I dare say your attitude would take a remarkable turn for the better in short order after a few doses of the Cat O' 9 Tails (administerd by a professional, highly paid staff of slave overseers comprised of a ex-employees of Blackwater and the Pinkerton Detective Agency).  Of course, a spirited slave is to be valued as a spirited horse.  The wise master does not wish to BREAK his spirit, only channel it in the proper direction, i.e., toward the pot fields.  

Of course, were you to continue to prove troublesome I should have no recourse but to geld you.  Likely it would not come to that, as trustworthy and productive field hands would be assigned a mate.  That is, at least temporarily for breeding purposes.  This would no doubt prove a strong incentive, particularly for the spunkier ones, such as yourself.  Lazy ones would get the inflatable doll and the lash.

You would also learn to recite poetry, dance, and play the banjo.  Why?  *Tsk-tsk!*  Slaves should never ask, "Why?"

I would venture to say that you would be happier on my plantation than you are now, as it is obvious you are currently bitter and grumpy.  I have no doubt a life of hard, rewarding work and the soothing sounds of the banjo would cure these ills.  For your consideration, here is a photographic representation of you and a fellow slave happily practicing a song and dance routine in the gym at Vernicello:

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:29:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahhhhhh!  A spirited lad like you would fetch a fine profit on the market in New Orleans!  You most likely would garner a fair price on Ebay, for that matter (though I personally would prefer to see prospective slaves in the flesh in order to check the teeth, muscle tone, and reflexes).

Perchance I would purchase you for work at Vernicello.  Of course, with your track record of impudence you would be restricted to the fields.  Your attitude combined with your obvious ability to read and write would render you far to dangerous and untrustworthy for house duties (too many sharp objects laying around and too many opportunities for mischief).

Your slave name would be...let me see...oh yes: "Suppy" (short for "supplicant").  I dare say your attitude would take a remarkable turn for the better in short order after a few doses of the Cat O' 9 Tails (administerd by a professional, highly paid staff of slave overseers comprised of a ex-employees of Blackwater and the Pinkerton Detective Agency).  Of course, a spirited slave is to be valued as a spirited horse.  The wise master does not wish to BREAK his spirit, only channel it in the proper direction, i.e., toward the pot fields.  

Of course, were you to continue to prove troublesome I should have no recourse but to geld you.  Likely it would not come to that, as trustworthy and productive field hands would be assigned a mate.  That is, at least temporarily for breeding purposes.  This would no doubt prove a strong incentive, particularly for the spunkier ones, such as yourself.  Lazy ones would get the inflatable doll and the lash.

You would also learn to recite poetry, dance, and play the banjo.  Why?  *Tsk-tsk!*  Slaves should never ask, "Why?"

I would venture to say that you would be happier on my plantation than you are now, as it is obvious you are currently bitter and grumpy.  I have no doubt a life of hard, rewarding work and the soothing sounds of the banjo would cure these ills.  For your consideration, here is a photographic representation of you and a fellow slave happily practicing a song and dance routine in the gym at Vernicello:

img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/Dwoog34/Vernicello-Slaves.jpg

eta PWN3D!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Would you own a slave if you could?

I :::checks over shoulders::: do own one, my lovely wife!

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:41:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Indentured servant, yes.
Slave, no.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:55:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Eh, why not? I truly thing, that living in a society such as early America, I would have offered any potential slaves a "social contract" like that above.  Hell, I treat my cats like people, can you IMAGINE what I'd do to actual people?  They'd eat better than me!

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:55:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I see posts talk about the moral aspect of slavery. Please tell me in the Bible where it states slavery is IMmoral? Jesus said if you are a slave that you must be held to the same standrads as anyone else, not that it was wrong.

I'm not taking the Pro-slavery side. Just asking.
Personally I wouldn't own a slave.

Um... You might try rereading that (just what you wrote, even) and then telling me what's wrong with it.

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/Dwoog34/Vernicello-Slaves.jpg

I prefer more expensive hired labor to slaves; they're more reliable workers. Of course, few would be stupid enough to put their lives at risk on behalf of mine since you have to be alive to spend your paycheck. That's why I'll have male slaves raised from birth and heavily indoctrinated/brainwashed into being loyal bodyguards from cradle to grave, with no purpose but to ensure that I have the same amount of blood in my body at the end of the day that I started out with. Janissaries were a very well thought out concept and I see little reason why such a program would not work today.

The harem, of course, presents problems. Again, it's best if you get them while they're young so there's plenty of time to warp their little minds into perfect, obedient concubines, but that takes forever before you can enjoy the fruits of your labor. No, if you want concubines who can get to work on the first day on the job, you'll have to buy them from a reputable slaver and these days it's so hard to tell whether or not the goods have been spoiled prior to your purchasing them.

Fortunately, concubines are like any other women: petty, jealous, and vindictive. Just play them off of each other so they're constantly fighting for your approval (maybe swap out your favorite pet every couple weeks or so) and they'll be far too busy to even think of treachery or running away.

Now, of course, you've opted for a more traditional plantation-style enslavement. Automation would be cheaper in the long run than slave labor, but frankly it doesn't hold the same sort of satisfaction at the end of the day. You might consider spending a small investment on narcotics or alcohol to keep your slaves docile- keep them addicted or too drugged out to rebel, then have them pass out in a stupor in the evening. It worked for the Egyptians.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:55:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Assuming you needed to pay for food, shelter, and health, and completely ignoring the moral aspects (this IS ARFCOM) I'm not sure it would make economic sense to own a slave. The only thing you could use them for would be menial labor requiring zero initiative, and even then they'd have to be supervised by Mr. LeGree, you slave driver. Maybe you could make it work for stoop labor on the farm, but I doubt it, since that's seasonal. Perhaps you could make it work by renting out your slaves for odd jobs when you're not using them. Maybe household servants, but a lot of that work has been automated or can be outsourced to maid companies. Or maybe the minimum wage companies would be replaced by companies using slave labor. Say, a major hotel replaces its housekeeping staff with in-house slaves.

Slaves would only be useful for the narrow range between the costs of slave upkeep and minimum wage. They'd probably be less productive than the minimum wage jockies even then. Unless Mr. LeGree was particularly good with the whip. It's hard to say, because much of the really low-productivity labor has been wiped out by minimum wage laws.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#20]
yes, 5'11" Built like Elle McPhereson, brunette..  Oh wait, nevermind..
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:21:27 PM EDT
[#21]
I would buy bitches, hot ones.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:29:19 PM EDT
[#22]
What's the market on an Aniston these days?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:43:04 PM EDT
[#23]
I would like to own the two Hilton girls (Paris and Nicky).  

I don't know what I would do with them but I'm sure I would get an idea real, real, real, real  fast.        

P.S.  They have to pay their own bills.      

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:48:12 PM EDT
[#24]
No, I could not afford the Bling necessary to keep them happy.  Plus all the victims of local crimes would be showing up at my place looking for suspects.  Not worth the trouble.  Not to mention the springs all over the floor.  Nasty!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:10:33 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Eh, why not? I truly thing, that living in a society such as early America, I would have offered any potential slaves a "social contract" like that above.  Hell, I treat my cats like people, can you IMAGINE what I'd do to actual people?  They'd eat better than me!

The problem comes when they want to sit in your lap to be petted.  So make sure you only get female slaves.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:41:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Nah.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:44:02 PM EDT
[#27]
I'd train them to be my Army of the Night.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:00:43 AM EDT
[#28]
On a long enough timeline slavery doesnt work, but then there is marriage, which does work as long as you pay the light bill. Small price for cooking, cleaning, sex and a vessel for your offspring
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:09:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Well, I sure could use the reliable help that a slave would provide but, if I had one I would let him know that he can leave anytime he wants and I would treat him as I would a friend/(loved) family member. If he wants to come back at any time, the 'job' is still here.

If it was a female slave....
It would likely be a beauty and the beast type of relationship, where I demand this and that, here and now but, as I become attached to her I feel guilt and allow her to leave if she wishes.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:13:14 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I'd train them to be my Army of the Night.

The kind that wait for you to roll off them in a drunken stupor and  then slit your throat while you sleep???
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:22:51 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
The kind that wait for you to roll off them in a drunken stupor and  then slit your throat while you sleep???

Yet another good reason to tie them to the headboard...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:24:15 AM EDT
[#32]
I think were I to have one, mine would closely resemble SP1Grrl in a maid's outfit.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:29:20 AM EDT
[#33]
No.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:29:49 AM EDT
[#34]
damn right. I'm married so, yea, I'd like to see the tables turned for once
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:58:11 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just make sure there's a little slack in the rope/chains. You don't want their head smacking against the headboard all night and give them a concussion or bloody their hair. That shit's expensive to take care of.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:06:10 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just make sure there's a little slack in the rope/chains. You don't want their head smacking against the headboard all night and give them a concussion or bloody their hair. That shit's expensive to take care of.

You two are sick and twisted.
I like those qualities in a person.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:09:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Why not, I need someone to clean up all the brass
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:10:38 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You two are sick and twisted.
I like those qualities in a person.

You're female, right? If yes, you interested in meeting for dinner and a hotel room? I'll bring the handcuffs.
*goes straight to hell when he dies*
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:13:38 AM EDT
[#39]
I would own hundreds.  I would pontificate to them on a regular basis on the evils of slavery.  I would arm them and then free them.  I would then lead them on a holy crusade across the country to free all the slaves that all of you have.  I would become a great historical figure.  I would be worshipped.  People would hang pictures of me in their living rooms.  I would have my own national holiday.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:19:49 AM EDT
[#40]
I would own one and teach them to post on ARFCOM all day so I wouldn't have to read stupid threads about people who had a bad experience with service at Denny's.  Then we could discuss the day's poll results and which caliber is better for zombies over a beer together at the end of the day.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:25:20 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I would own hundreds.  I would pontificate to them on a regular basis on the evils of slavery.  I would arm them and then free them.  I would then lead them on a holy crusade across the country to free all the slaves that all of you have.  I would become a great historical figure.  I would be worshipped.  People would hang pictures of me in their living rooms.  I would have my own national holiday.  

*makes a note on his list of potentially dangerous people to eliminate before they spread their ideas*

One John Brown was more than enough.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:27:39 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I would own one and teach them to post on ARFCOM all day so I wouldn't have to read stupid threads about people who had a bad experience with service at Denny's.  Then we could discuss the day's poll results and which caliber is better for zombies over a beer together at the end of the day.

until my band of holy warriors reached your little utopia and took your ARFCOM poster slave aside.  After learning to sing kumbaya and being dazzled by my charisma he would turn on you like a malnourished pom and commence to take out his frustrations over your years of explotation.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:33:03 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

until my band of holy warriors reached your little utopia and took your ARFCOM poster slave aside.  After learning to sing kumbaya and being dazzled by my charisma he would turn on you like a malnourished pom and commence to take out his frustrations over your years of explotation.

You've already been tarred, feathered, and burned at the stake. Most of your slaves have either been shipped to high security facilities to prevent the risk of further contamination; the ones deemed caught early enough to fix will receive intense indoctrination before being placed back on the market.

So hush, you.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:35:49 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You've already been tarred, feathered, and burned at the stake. Most of your slaves have either been shipped to high security facilities to prevent the risk of further contamination; the ones deemed caught early enough to fix will receive intense indoctrination before being placed back on the market.

So hush, you.

Just finished "Day before midnight" so John Brown has been stuck in my head.  I was reveling in the fact that I found a thread to reference him in.  killjoy    
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:48:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Owning a human as a slave is completely wrong...

but with the genetics going the way that they are we may have non humans (chimera) as slaves in the future, but they would most likely be going to the "rich" people who can afford them.  With having a slave you would have to have them conditioned so that they won't attack you when/if you make them angry.

So in the future we may have organic creatures that will be doing our housework but then we may bypass all that and just have androids/robots/cyborgs doing our odds and end jobs.

Me personally I would probably have a cyborg one who would repair and upgrade my vehicles, matain my armorments, matain my home and know how to cook.  Also I would treat said 'slave' with respect.  

So in short, human slave no.
Chimera slave, specifically designed/bred for said work then maybe.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:52:55 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So hush, you.

Just finished "Day before midnight" so John Brown has been stuck in my head.  I was reveling in the fact that I found a thread to reference him in.  killjoy    

Kansas will thank me.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stupid fucking post/question. Why bother with this shit! Spend your time on something more productive - like PIE, or 1911 vs GLOCK, or FORD vs CHEVY. Sorry, I like ya, but this post is not good. No siree bob, not good at all.

Well why be a dumbass and click on the thread?  

The world wonders why.

sarcasm.... guess it didn't come off well, did it?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:16:55 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How YOU doin?

Doin juuuust fine!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:19:35 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

You're female, right? If yes, you interested in meeting for dinner and a hotel room? I'll bring the handcuffs.

<looks down blouse>

Holy SHIT!!! I'm a GIRL!!!!!

<---Is going even straighter to hell because of that bitch Eve and her shenanigans.....
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:44:57 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<looks down blouse>

Holy SHIT!!! I'm a GIRL!!!!!

<---Is going even straighter to hell because of that bitch Eve and her shenanigans.....

w00t
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top