User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I saw this. It didn't show Bush and Brown in the same shot. I'm skeptical.

Dude, loosen up the tinfoil.  It's cutting of the circulation to your brain.  

CO

Dude, I suppose you swallowed the "Bush National Guard" document story without question?

Liberals are so rabid they will say anything and MAKE UP anything that paints Bush as being incompetent.  You think there's no liberals in the AP?

I'm sure there's some blogger holed away somewhere hoping to make a name for himself dissecting that video frame by frame. And if he finds anything questionable we'll know about it (thanks to this nifty interweb thing).

I don't swallow anything the media tells me anymore until it can be verified through multiple sources.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:54:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What the media refuses to remeber is everyone on the face of the earth was saying the levy would break if hit by a huge storm.  Predicting a huricane's path is never 100%, but when you are retarded enough to live below sea-level, you're probably retarded enough not to leave when it's predicted to land near your town below sea level.

Bush basically said that nobody expected the levies to break... even though he was told it was highly likely the levies would break if the hurricane hit New Orleans directly.

Whether or not anyone expected it, it still isn't the President's fault that a hurricane hit their below sea-level city.  They were already told to leave, and didn't, regardless of whether or not they knew the levy would break.

Either way, if you get killed by a hurricane you're dumb.  They all knew the hurricane was coming for days in advance, but they weighed the odds that it wouldn't hit them directly and they stayed to sit it out... some lost their wager.

Just wait until next time around, when the levies break again, because they're not building them any stronger..  Though, they definitely shouldn't build them stronger, as it's a huge waste of money.  It's no different than building a house on a hill prone to mudslides, or building a sky-scraper on a fault-line, or a trailer park in tornado alley... either way, you're stupid.

Very well said.

I'm absolutely amazed at how Nagin and Blanco get a fucking free pass from the damn media! Not to mention as was stated EVERYBODY KNEW IT WAS COMING AND WOULD BE BAD! for days I was watching the news thinking "Man I'd be getting out of N.O.!"

Nagin and Blanco are completely to blame for not evacuating New Orleans plain and simple!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top