Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/1/2006 4:03:47 PM EDT

on MSNBC ...Looks like video of  FEMA Director Michael Brown warning Bush that they needed more disaster teams.  I'm at work so I can't crank it up but they are acting as if this is some sort of smoking gun.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:06:11 PM EDT
[#1]
More "Bushs' fault" bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:08:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
More "Bushs' fault" bullshit.

That's all there is to it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Some more Bush-haters in the federal bureaucracy are imitating the CIA and leaking stuff to the press to give the impression that Bush somehow did something wrong, hoping to undermine him.

Leakers and the press crying wolf (again), hoping for a Watergate or Monica to get Bush at last.  They do this over and over, roughly every 6 weeks, and every single time it pans out to be nothing.

When a Democrat president is in office who actually does ride roughshod over the law, acts unethically, or incompetently, the conservatives in the bureaucracy are going to remember what these liberal fucks tried with Bush.  But by then, there will be an alternative media out there that is not only more credible than the legacy media (who destroyed their credibility via this blatent jihad and bias against Bush et al), there's no doubt in my mind the charges against this unnamed Democrat will actually be substantial, unlike all this fucking BS thrown against Bush and dishonestly presented in the vain hope something sticks.  Or at least, the peoples' opinion of Bush falls (but they're even willing to lie about that!)
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:33:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Got it.....Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:34:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw this. It didn't show Bush and Brown in the same shot. I'm skeptical.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:35:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting ammo for the left, but how does it change AT ALL the outcome of Katrina?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:37:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Interesting ammo for the left, but how does it change AT ALL the outcome of Katrina?

BEcause Bush could have personally ordered the government to save New Orleans at the last minute from the hurricane, but DIDN'T.

Duh.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:41:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BEcause Bush could have personally ordered the government to save New Orleans at the last minute from the hurricane, but DIDN'T.

Duh.

He He He.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:44:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I liked Bush but in the end I think he will be known as the President of Disaster......albeit, all not his fault  

1.  Stock market tanked soon after he took office
2.  9/11
3.  Stock market dived again
4.  Multiple hurricanes hitting heavily populated areas
5.  Bin Laden still on the loose.
6.  War with Iraq over WMD but little to none found
7.........Yet to be filled in, etc.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#10]
What the media refuses to remeber is everyone on the face of the earth was saying the levy would break if hit by a huge storm.  Predicting a huricane's path is never 100%, but when you are retarded enough to live below sea-level, you're probably retarded enough not to leave when it's predicted to land near your town below sea level.

Bush basically said that nobody expected the levies to break... even though he was told it was highly likely the levies would break if the hurricane hit New Orleans directly.

Whether or not anyone expected it, it still isn't the President's fault that a hurricane hit their below sea-level city.  They were already told to leave, and didn't, regardless of whether or not they knew the levy would break.

Either way, if you get killed by a hurricane you're dumb.  They all knew the hurricane was coming for days in advance, but they weighed the odds that it wouldn't hit them directly and they stayed to sit it out... some lost their wager.

Just wait until next time around, when the levies break again, because they're not building them any stronger..  Though, they definitely shouldn't build them stronger, as it's a huge waste of money.  It's no different than building a house on a hill prone to mudslides, or building a sky-scraper on a fault-line, or a trailer park in tornado alley... either way, you're stupid.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:29:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What the media refuses to remeber is everyone on the face of the earth was saying the levy would break if hit by a huge storm.  Predicting a huricane's path is never 100%, but when you are retarded enough to live below sea-level, you're probably retarded enough not to leave when it's predicted to land near your town below sea level.

Bush basically said that nobody expected the levies to break... even though he was told it was highly likely the levies would break if the hurricane hit New Orleans directly.

Whether or not anyone expected it, it still isn't the President's fault that a hurricane hit their below sea-level city.  They were already told to leave, and didn't, regardless of whether or not they knew the levy would break.

Either way, if you get killed by a hurricane you're dumb.  They all knew the hurricane was coming for days in advance, but they weighed the odds that it wouldn't hit them directly and they stayed to sit it out... some lost their wager.

Just wait until next time around, when the levies break again, because they're not building them any stronger..  Though, they definitely shouldn't build them stronger, as it's a huge waste of money.  It's no different than building a house on a hill prone to mudslides, or building a sky-scraper on a fault-line, or a trailer park in tornado alley... either way, you're stupid.

Well put. I just don't understand these dumb fucks who think that one man could have made the difference. If it was one man, I think they should look locally. ie, That dumbass Nagin.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:26:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't know if I'd call almost the entire population of the Netherlands retarded just because they happen to live below sea level.

Then again, they do put a little more resources into their dykes.

NTM
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:35:48 PM EDT
[#13]
In a way he hands them ammo I think.  He came out and claimed that the levies being breached was not anticipated by the feds and now a tape comes out that seems to indicate they were told it was a real possibility.  So the press will now get to beat him about the head with this for a week or two, till they find some other statement to pick apart.  I think he had always meant that once the storm passed they were not expecting the failure to occur with N.O. not in the direct line of the hurricane.  That won't matter and will not be included in any "soundbites".  

His statement came of kinda foolish when I first heard it.  I know what he meant, but man that was not what people heard.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:04:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I don't know if I'd call almost the entire population of the Netherlands retarded just because they happen to live below sea level.

Then again, they do put a little more resources into their dykes.

Nope, Amsterdam and Rotterdam are both above sea level.  Most of the truly underwater areas of the Netherlands are reclaimed agricultural areas.  They put more into their levees for several reasons.  One, they don't have a choice, since they are on the North Atlantic and the North Sea which has massive storms every year (New Orleans can bet on dodging about 125 hurricanes for every hurricane that hits them).  The Dutch also don't have to worry about the natural environment--it's already wrecked, the fisheries and marshes are already dead, so it doesn't matter much if they're walled off from the sea.  Last, they lack space in the Netherlands...it is one of the most densely populated nations on earth (following only Singapore I believe).  In the USA we have lots and lots of space for cities, no real need to build them underwater and especially no need to build miles of ghetto houses under water.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:12:17 AM EDT
[#15]
The warning about the levees is that there might be some minor flooding in New Orleans because of water going over the top of the levees.  There wasn't anything about the levees being breached, (ie failing).  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The warning about the levees is that there might be some minor flooding in New Orleans because of water going over the top of the levees.  There wasn't anything about the levees being breached, (ie failing).  

I remember at the time various experts saying they figured if the hurricane steered clear of New Orleans (and it did by 50 miles?) things would be okay.  And the next day they said "we dodged a bullet".  Then the levees at the canal entrances failed (probably because the canals were deeper than the levees were designed for).
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#17]
One day before the hurricane hit, WTF was he going to do in one day anyways? The city had already been warned to evacuate.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:55:22 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Not sure if you're serious so I'll go ahead anyways.  It was a video teleconference (VTC).  President and a couple others were on one end, FEMA was on the other.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:58:12 AM EDT
[#19]
The crime isn't that the areas affected were not prepared.  You would do as well to criticize the mayor of Hiroshima because there weren't enough medical crews available.

The FUCKING CRIME is the response to what was an unprecidented natural catastrophe.

Blame.  Bickering.  Finger pointing.

Ass covering.  Red taping.  Blind-eyeing.

It's a wasteland down there.  Americans are living in third world conditions.  It looks like the storm landed yesterday.  

If we could blame the storm on muslim extremists, maybe find someone to kill for it perhaps things would be different.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:02:37 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
One day before the hurricane hit, WTF was he going to do in one day anyways? The city had already been warned to evacuate.  

He should have asked lord cheney to turn off the hurricane machine.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:03:21 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I liked Bush but in the end I think he will be known as the President of Disaster......albeit, all not his fault  

1.  Stock market tanked soon after he took office
2.  9/11
3.  Stock market dived again
4.  Multiple hurricanes hitting heavily populated areas
5.  Bin Laden still on the loose.
6.  War with Iraq over WMD but little to none found
7.........Yet to be filled in, etc.

The stock market was already tanking while bubba was still in office.

WMD not found, WMD not found, WMD not found, WMD not found...........fucking parrot of the left's bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:06:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Pfffft!!

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:06:24 AM EDT
[#23]

The FUCKING CRIME is the response to what was an unprecidented natural catastrophe.

All right, I'll bite.  Just who is responsible for this fucking crime?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:24:13 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The crime isn't that the areas affected were not prepared.  You would do as well to criticize the mayor of Hiroshima because there weren't enough medical crews available.

It's a wasteland down there.  Americans are living in third world conditions.  It looks like the storm landed yesterday.  

If we could blame the storm on muslim extremists, maybe find someone to kill for it perhaps things would be different.hinking.gif

+1
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:28:51 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

We all are.  It's been a piss poor showing by the entire fucking country.  Politics, red tape, and institutional inertia have torn the guts out of billions in aid.  The local and state governments in the areas affected have an incredible history of corruption and incompetence, and have sunk to the occasion as expected.

Sorry if I seem a little nutty over this whole thing, I just got back and it was not a little disturbing.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:30:25 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure if you're serious so I'll go ahead anyways.  It was a video teleconference (VTC).  President and a couple others were on one end, FEMA was on the other.

Actually, it was a very large video conference, with representatives from the various State organizations, all the major federal departments, etc etc.

The video probably only shows one or two sets of participants.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:26:46 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We all are.  It's been a piss poor showing by the entire fucking country.  Politics, red tape, and institutional inertia have torn the guts out of billions in aid.  The local and state governments in the areas affected have an incredible history of corruption and incompetence, and have sunk to the occasion as expected.

Sorry if I seem a little nutty over this whole thing, I just got back and it was not a little disturbing.

Just curious.  Mobile and other areas were hit just as hard, if not harder.  They seem to have coped and are coping quite well.  What's the difference in those areas and NO?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:34:20 AM EDT
[#28]
WHAT THE FUCK WAS HE SUPPOSED TO DO?????????

COME DOWN HERE WITH A FUCKING SHOVEL AND SAY OK LETS FIX THE LEVEVES IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS...........COME THE FUCK ON

WE WERE TOLD TO LEAVE, I KNOW I SURE AS FUCK CAN WATCH THE TV AND KNOW WHEN TO MOVE MY LAZY ASS.

I DO NOT FEEL SORRY FOR THE PEOPLE IN N.O. WHO STAYED.

I'm going to shut my mouth now.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:41:19 AM EDT
[#29]
For a week, the Weather Channel was predicting catostrophic damage in NO.  I would be the first to admit that Bush looks like a hack trying to dodge the whole "It was your fault thing".  The fact is that there are MANY leeves in NO no one knew which one would go.  If I was dirt poor in NO and I heard that a CAT 5 hurricane was headed my way for a direct hit, I would start walking out.  If you stayed in NO for the sole reason to let the government protect you then you get what you deserve.

Too many people rely on government help, Bush just should have said "You are responsible for YOU, the government will do what it can but don't rely on it to save your butt."
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:43:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Is it just me, or does it seem like Bush is expected to spoon-feed and wipe the ass of every backwards ass fuck in the entire country?  

When did they pass the law that nobody but the president can take initiative and responsibility?  Why the hell aren't Nagin and Blanco decorating some big ass oak tree down there?

These are, of course, rhetorical questions.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:43:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Bush Lied! He created the hurricane and destroyed the levies! Don’t you know that Bush can do no right!  Bush had the ability to foresee the future in a vision and did nothing!

Bush could go on TV today and say the weather is nice and the press would state that Bush endorsed global warming. These morons are grasping at straws Dick Cheney should be tried for convicted murder and step down because of a hunting accident. The President can do nothing right and the Democrats can do no wrong. I swear Joseph Goebbels is running the press these days.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:51:04 AM EDT
[#32]
What i took from the video is that Bush clearly promised immediate response.Which to me clearly shows failure, Becuase we all know it took 4 days for the cavalry to come.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:55:22 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
What i took from the video is that Bush clearly promised immediate response.Which to me clearly shows failure, Becuase we all know it took 4 days for the cavalry to come.

Try getting the federal government to do anything for you immediately.   The only way you will get immediate action out of them is to tell them you're selling machineguns out of your trunk.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:55:58 AM EDT
[#34]
President Bush made a calculated decision based on all available knowledge. Everyone has always known that a direct hit from a Cat 3+ hurricane could overwhelm the levies. President Bush made a faulty decision in deciding that the risk from Katrina wasn't big enough to have him push the "SHTF" button. Or for cutting funds to the New Orlean levy project

He shouldn't be excused for making a wrong decision. Sure, everyone makes them. But the blame doesn't fall squarely on him, not at all! You could only put a minute fraction of the blame on his shoudlers... Sure he was briefed on how the levy might fail, but this was not news that EVERYONE in New Orleans already knew.

Michael Brown, his crony and his arabian horses makes a much better sacrificial figure
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, I knew it was Bush's fault, but I didn't know it was my fault too. Millions of dollars were thrown into that welfare pit called N.O. for decades and I for one, am glad to see that it may get another chance to be rebuilt and ....maybe...just perhaps...contribute something to this society.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:16:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Well, of course YOU took it that way.  That is how your dummycrat handlers told you to take it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:20:57 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just curious.  Mobile and other areas were hit just as hard, if not harder.  They seem to have coped and are coping quite well.  What's the difference in those areas and NO?

Actually I think Mississippi got it the worst, and from what I saw of the coast down there they're not coping quite well.  I had the privelidge of having lunch at the Po' Boy stand in Pass Christian.  That town and Bay St. Louis are about gone, and don't look much different from the week after the storm.  They're stuck.  Insurance companies are playing the shell game and hanging people out to dry.  Driving I-10 from there into New Orleans is like something out of Night of the Comet.  

And shit, do you REALLY think Mobile got it as bad as NO??? I think you're daffy on that one.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:22:48 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, of course YOU took it that way.  That is how your dummycrat handlers told you to take it.

Do you need the Video transcripts? Typical Bush Bot...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:23:48 PM EDT
[#39]
The media hate Bush/Cheny so much that they will/are doing anything they can to put them in lame-suck status as soon as possible. They cling to anything that they believe might hurt Bush.

The tide of negative coverage right now is part of an attempt I think to help the Dems in the mid-terms this November. If you think it is bad now, just wait. He will not get the benefit of the doubt over anything here on out. If the Dems take the House and or the Senate(not sure of the number of seats up for grabs here), then the media will declare the Bush era to be over.

They hate Bush because he has not kissed their collective asses, and he has won most of the important battles to date, dispite the efforts of the meida( see the National Guard memos).

I can only hope that the silent majority in America knows the truth. Only thing is, the polls CBS and the rest of the elites use never include the silent majority who see through all this BS and know there was little if anything Bush could have done.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:26:42 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually I think Mississippi got it the worst, and from what I saw of the coast down there they're not coping quite well.  I had the privelidge of having lunch at the Po' Boy stand in Pass Christian.  That town and Bay St. Louis are about gone, and don't look much different from the week after the storm.  They're stuck.  Insurance companies are playing the shell game and hanging people out to dry.  Driving I-10 from there into New Orleans is like something out of Night of the Comet.  

And shit, do you REALLY think Mobile got it as bad as NO??? I think you're daffy on that one.

Given that Mobile was to the right of the storm, it sure took more of the storm's fury.  So, I may not be the one who is daffy.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you need the Video transcripts? Typical Bush Bot...

I got your "Bush Bot" dangling.  Your leftwing diatribe is so predictable.  The local and state officials are first responders and they did nothing, not even an evacuation of any real magnitude.

Of course you won't blame them since they are dummycrats.  Maybe I should call you a Nagin Bot.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:29:53 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If we could blame the storm on muslim extremists, maybe find someone to kill for it perhaps things would be different.

+1

+2
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:30:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:33:52 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
For a week, the Weather Channel was predicting catostrophic damage in NO.  I would be the first to admit that Bush looks like a hack trying to dodge the whole "It was your fault thing".  The fact is that there are MANY leeves in NO no one knew which one would go.  If I was dirt poor in NO and I heard that a CAT 5 hurricane was headed my way for a direct hit, I would start walking out.  If you stayed in NO for the sole reason to let the government protect you then you get what you deserve.

Too many people rely on government help, Bush just should have said "You are responsible for YOU, the government will do what it can but don't rely on it to save your butt."

the part about the weather channel reporting for a week is untrue. Katrina was expected to go back into Florida and it wasn't until maybe 2 days prior that its path took it within a chance of hitting N.O. Most people didn't evacuate until saturday, most left sunday, shtf monday.... How do I know, because I had to evacuate my ass.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:51:46 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Given that Mobile was to the right of the storm, it sure took more of the storm's fury.  So, I may not be the one who is daffy.

While you are correct that the eastern side of a hurricane is worse than the west, you're not looking at where the eye landed.. It hit at about the LA/MS border.  In any event, Mobile got about 11 feet of floodwater from what I can find.  Bay St. Louis got 24-28, Pass Christian and Waveland about the same.   New Orleans of course had the levee failures which compounded and dragged out the flooding there.  Winds caused tornadic activity throughout the area, tearing roofs off and actually picking up and tossing buildings.

The city of New Orleans is getting all the press because it's turned into an "us vs. them" battle.  That city is well used to that sort of shit, and it's pretty much business as usual.  Race baiters and shit stirrers from all over have converged to whip the ignorant poor up into their frenzy du jour.  I've spent some time there, and every trip I've noticed the rumblings from St. Bernard and the lower 9th.. They're the kind of places where the cops even lock their doors when they drive through.  The powers that be blew the levees into St. Bernard in 1927 to save the French Quarter, and the people there have never forgotten that.  

So yea.. Between the flooding, the winds, and the social impact I'd still say you're screemin' meemies bonkers to think that Mobile had it as bad.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:04:04 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the part about the weather channel reporting for a week is untrue. Katrina was expected to go back into Florida and it wasn't until maybe 2 days prior that its path took it within a chance of hitting N.O. Most people didn't evacuate until saturday, most left sunday, shtf monday.... How do I know, because I had to evacuate my ass.

Went back I was wrong.  It was 3 1/2 days from the time Florida was hit to when the Gulf coast was slammed.  STILL within 12 hours of leaving the Florida coast we all saw Katrina explode into a Cat 5.  I would have been gone in 5 more hours.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:07:06 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Dude, loosen up the tinfoil.  It's cutting of the circulation to your brain.  

CO
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:15:47 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Yep a failure of the levees was not motioned; topping of the levees was mentioned they are not the same thing.

As usual the MSM is using creative reporting and misleading editing to indicate something happen that did not happen.

The facts are the President had ALREADY declared an emergency and after this meeting still had to beg LA and NO officials to get off their asses and order an evacuation.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#49]
4 days for the federal response is "immediate" given the scope of the effort.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
4 days for the federal response is "immediate" given the scope of the effort.

4 days was the predicted time frame for a federal response and that is pretty much what happen.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top