Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/23/2006 1:20:03 PM EDT
Mugger has a weapon and the drop on you.

How much are you willing to part with?

Your money?
Your wedding ring?
Your wife’s jewelry?
Your car keys?
What if he wants to cop a feel on your wife/girlfriend?

Here’s my view: I won’t give up anything, under any conditions.  If I have a penny in my pocket and the mugger wants that penny, he’ll have to kill me for it.  Either you’re a victim or you’re not.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:20:54 PM EDT
[#1]
A buck worth of ammo.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:21:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm willing for society to lose one mugger.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:21:07 PM EDT
[#3]
a few 9mm hollowpoints.

haha, just kidding, more than a few
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Arfcom answer:

BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG

*Reload*

BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:24:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't carry any cash
I do carry a lot of ammo

I don't trust  someone who is willing to hold me against my will and steal my property won't kill me afterwords.  They start it, I will finish it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:25:33 PM EDT
[#6]
is his gun already drawn and pointed at me?

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:25:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Any force they display that would be enough to talk me into giving up anyting will be sufficient force to justify me using deadly force in self defense
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:26:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I don't carry any cash
I do carry a lot of ammo

I don't trust  someone who is willing to hold me against my will and steal my property won't kill me afterwords.  They start it, I will finish it.

good point.....
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:27:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I lost $25.00 once.  It happened right outside of the DQ in Oceanside, CA.
Dude had a glock and 4 friends.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:31:58 PM EDT
[#10]
geez look at the anonymous Arfcom tough guys.

Yes, I'm the lone "$, Jewelry" guy up there. At least I'm honest.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:33:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Nothing.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:33:36 PM EDT
[#12]

I'd be willing to give up 7 rounds of Speer Gold Dot .45 ACP.  

Maybe more, if needed.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Nothing.

Including the insuing shootout.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:37:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I would be willing to lose 2 maybe 3 Winchester Rangers in 115 gr +P.  That would be all they get.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#15]
A few cartridges from my G-30 is about all I can spare....
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I've have a couple of 230 gr Hydroshoks I could spare.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:39:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I would pretend to reach for my wallet while I drew my 1911. He could have all the lead he could carry after that.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:42:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Arfcom answer:

*Reload*

8 then a reload of 7 huh?  Damn 1911s  I've got 16 rounds in that glock 22.  No reloads and one more round out quicker than you!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:43:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I would be willing to lose 2 maybe 3 Winchester Rangers in 115 gr +P.  That would be all they get.

Uh dude, that's a 9mm round.  if you only shoot em 3 times with a 9mm, how are you gonna stop em from robbing your ass?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:44:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Arfcom answer:

*Reload*

8 then a reload of 7 huh?  Damn 1911s  I've got 16 rounds in that glock 22.  No reloads and one more round out quicker than you!

ha

I use Para Ordnances. I CCW a P12 so chalk me up for 13+12 with the reload...  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:44:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

[ron white] I don't know how many of em it woulda took to whoop my ass, but I knew how many they were gonna use[/ron white]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:44:44 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Yes, I'm the lone "$, Jewelry" guy up there. At least I'm honest.

I do not to profess to be a tough guy (nor did I or would I sleep at a *whatever* Inn last night) but, I have been in the middle of two armed hold-ups. I lost nothing either time and I do carry several k at any given time.

Hell, I have lived a long life and besides, we are all going to die, I'll do it standing up for what I believe. I cannot imagine myself cowering for mercy, it would make a mockery of my life.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:45:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Arfcom answer:

*Reload*

ha

I use Para Ordnances. I CCW a P12 so chalk me up for 13+12 with the reload...  

Glock 22---16 in the gun and 2 15 round reloads.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I would pretend to reach for my wallet while I drew my 1911. He could have all the lead he could carry after that.

+1, that is my plan.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:55:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Everything but my life or the people with me. (i.e. cop a feel etc..)

Material Shit can be replaced.

I can't.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:55:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Nothing!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:56:42 PM EDT
[#27]
I would donate all my lead and copper jewelery.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

If he was armed & I wasn't,...he would have everyting I could give him. If he had a bunch of support, like 4 friends, there really wouldn't be any choice, unless they got physical, & I knew they were out for my life, run & dodge like hell!

If my son or other family member was with me, I would die trying to defend them if need be.

This is the reason I don't ever want to live in a state that doesn't allow me to CC legally.

I have often debated with myself CC outside of the law if I visited back to WI, or if forced to live somewhere less free than TEXAS.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:57:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Not less than 3 .40 Hydroshoks
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#30]
My second answer being situation by situation.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:58:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Are you guys serious?  Even granted that reaction time is slower than action time, your ass is still grass.  I don't care if you're Chuck Norris, Han Solo, Richard Marcinko, and Massad Ayoob all rolled into one.  There is no way you can out draw from ccw someone who already has their gun pointed at you.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:00:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I lost a baseball cap once under the same conditions in TX.  I was 13 and unarmed, an apparently dangerous combination.  It is not fun being a victim.

ETA: Not a DQ; church playground half a block from the police station one way, and half a block from my house the other.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:01:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Are you guys serious?  Even granted that reaction time is slower than action time, your ass is still grass.  I don't care if you're Chuck Norris, Han Solo, Richard Marcinko, and Massad Ayoob all rolled into one.  There is no way you can out draw from ccw someone who already has their gun pointed at you.  

then lay down like a good little sheep and STFU
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Obviously you've never met Jack Bauer
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:01:21 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Dude this is the internet, I could draw down, have a milkshake, and then shoot the guy.

I'm THAT fast.

in the internet
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:02:09 PM EDT
[#36]
230 grains or so
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:02:11 PM EDT
[#37]
I don't carry much cash and my only piece of jewelry can be replaced at Kmart for 30 bucks.  If his gun is already pointed at me I doubt I'd be willing to try to outdraw his trigger finger.  One thing I wouldn't allow to happen without a fight is for him to take my gun.  I'd risk a gun fight where I might take the first slug before I'd let myself be disarmed by some unknown criminal.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Besides, Dick Marcinko can't have a gun anyway!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:05:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Nothing.  My money/belongings are worth more than the muggers life.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:10:06 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Yes, I'm the lone "$, Jewelry" guy up there. At least I'm honest not a condescending self-aggrandizing asshat, but do I play one on the web. My favorite performance piece is pretending I can read minds and have a grasp of reality superior to that of the people whose minds and character I claim to probe via the internet.

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:11:21 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

+1.....and then I would sue his family for my expenses...  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:13:19 PM EDT
[#42]
I'll donate a couple of Ranger T's.   Actually, if he "has the drop on me"  the worst place for him to be from my perspective is about 5-8 feet away.  If he is 3 feet away, a team of surgeons will be needed to take his gat out of his ass.  Yes, if I can grab it, it's gone:  I know because I've done it.   If he's 10 feet or more away, I'll hit cover and drop his ass, just to remove some garbage.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:13:59 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Put your money where your mouth is, big guy.  Find a LEO friend or someone with access to Simunition or go and buy some cheap ass Eagle paintball guns from Wally World.  Videotape you outdrawing your friend and shooting him before he gets a shot off and then I'll believe that you could survive this situation.  Until then its all conjecture, and bad conjecture at that.

ETA: The Department of Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration, Civil Aeromedical institute Physiological Operations, has concluded that the sum of brain perception, brain lag, and reaction time is at a bare minimum, 0.6 to 1.0 seconds.  How long does it take you to empty a clip at the range?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:22:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Well if I was married, my response would be:

They can have my wedding ring if they take the wife with them.........

Maybe that is why I'm not married
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Put your money where your mouth is, big guy.  Find a LEO friend or someone with access to Simunition or go and buy some cheap ass Eagle paintball guns from Wally World.  Videotape you outdrawing your friend and shooting him before he gets a shot off and then I'll believe that you could survive this situation.  Until then its all conjecture, and bad conjecture at that.

ETA: The Department of Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration, Civil Aeromedical institute Physiological Operations, has concluded that the sum of brain perception, brain lag, and reaction time is at a bare minimum, 0.6 to 1.0 seconds.  How long does it take you to empty a clip at the range?

Why would you load off a clip in that situation,  You shootin an SKS there buddy?  There are lots of factors you aren't thinking of.  Shooting and moving, shock value at them seeing your gun etc etc etc.  So many robberies end up as homicides anyway, it's your only chance of taking control, and control is what will keep you from becoming a statistic.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:34:12 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Things don't happen in a vacuum.  Condescending and falsely authoritative though your post is, it fails to explain what correlation is to be expected between a situation involving a person who has already decided to shoot a known nonlethal projectile at a familiar target upon a prearranged and fully anticipated signal under distraction-free conditions, and a situation involving a stranger with a better than 50% chance of chemical impairment engaged in an activity premised on the assumptions that the victim is unarmed, presents no threat, and will comply with instructions.*

*"Big guy?" If you were as genuinely clever as you are unintentionally hilarious, you'd be somebody.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:34:42 PM EDT
[#47]
I'll take "Doubletap to the head" for 400, Alex! Seriously, all I'll give them is scabs, scars, internal/external bleeding and eternal anguish over their bad decision. The only thing I give away is a ration of shit to the dirtbags on the freeway offramps. WTH, they've earned it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why would you load off a clip in that situation,  You shootin an SKS there buddy?  There are lots of factors you aren't thinking of.  Shooting and moving, shock value at them seeing your gun etc etc etc.  So many robberies end up as homicides anyway, it's your only chance of taking control, and control is what will keep you from becoming a statistic.

I completly agree with you, but there seem to be a few serious people here who think they'd be able to get to their gun and get off a shot before someone else would and that people who don't even try are somehow less manly.  I've got a feeling that robberies end up as homocides when someone with more "balls" than brains decide that they're John Wayne and that the weekends at the range somehow transition perfectly to a real world situation.  
The reaction time was in reference to some hopped up junkie who is already operating with supercharged synapses deciding he doesn't like the way his "victim" is moving his hands and decides to unload a clip into him, just to be safe.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:38:10 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1, that is my plan.

+2
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:38:17 PM EDT
[#50]
As I looked past the perp and reached for my 'wallet', I point past him with my free hand and exclaim "That bitch gots no clothes on! DAMNN!" then, stepping sidways and putting several rounds into his face, I'd have to say "Nope...my bad" "It's you what's got no face!"
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top