Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I got raped.  Her birthday is on Valentines day.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:00:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
[We started dating in 1970.  Got married in 1977.  She loves chocolate.  Guess she wanted something else that year.  She never told me what she wanted.    

Then maybe you need to ask her. You've been together a long time. Sometimes partners just assume their mate "knows" what they want. You still have to talk.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:15:18 AM EDT
[#3]
$15 for flowers, $2 for a choc. bar, $300 for a chain saw.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:15:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
$0           so far..

My gf made the idea that we wouldnt buy anything for each other this holiday, but instead we may go out to dinner and pay for each others meals...   Of course I said sure    

I got off EASY

set up.

homepage.mac.com/howthedevil/.Pictures/trap.jpg

You had best get that woman some roses... if you know whats good for you
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:41:16 AM EDT
[#5]
$200 for new purse to add to the collection.

$100 for a pair of Oakleys she got me.

Lunch Today.

I'll cook her dinner (NewYork steaks or Ribeyes). Hopefully it will get warmer to go out to the grill.

And Pie for dessert.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:46:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Massage, 1 hour, 65 bucks.
AND I have my sons and wifes b-day on the 20th.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:46:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Less then $25, but my wife's birthday is in a week.

mine's the 21st, too.  I usually get the shaft for one or the other.

AHEM    

Daisy, you walked right into that one hon.  Patty

Lordy...I didn't even know what I typed there.  Sorry folks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:07:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I am indeed lucky.

My wife thinks that Valentine's Day is a joke.

We have a good dinner and LAUGH at the whole Valentine's Day thing.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:08:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Why does that mean you got raped?????  If anything it means you get off lightly.
My bday is the week after.  I usually get combination presents, and birthday presents wrapped in valentine's day paper.  Or one or the other gets "forgotten".

As far as I see it, you only have to take her out to dinner or cook her dinner once.
If her birthday was in July, you'd have to celebrate both V=day and her birthday.
Consider yourself lucky.  She's the one that gets raped.

Now go appreciate your woman.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:06:18 AM EDT
[#10]
$3.98 for a bottle of chilled Mop-n-Glow when she gets home.
Too bad I am the one who will use it.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:21:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[We started dating in 1970.  Got married in 1977.  She loves chocolate.  Guess she wanted something else that year.  She never told me what she wanted.    

Then maybe you need to ask her. You've been together a long time. Sometimes partners just assume their mate "knows" what they want. You still have to talk.

Buy her this book and bribe her to read it.  LINK

oh and send me her chocolates!  Patty
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:22:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Will cost me half a dinner at Ruth's Cris stakehouse. Our gift to each other is to split the cost of Ruth's Cris. Hell, I could not argue with that.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:26:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Splurged for sapphire earrings. Should keep her doing the "smile like a doughnut" routine for awhile.

A "while" = no longer than 48 hours, no matter how much $$ or effort went into the gift.

After that things reset to "what have you done for me lately".
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:28:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Less than $30.00, but I have an awesome wife that believes it's V-Day 365 days a year.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:33:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Buy her this book and bribe her to read it.  LINK

oh and send me her chocolates!  Patty

Not a chance in Hades.
My wife wouldn't be caught dead reading Doc Schlessinger. She's too enlightened for that right-wing, non-Liberated woman.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:42:30 AM EDT
[#16]
$200 for Tim McGraw and Faith Hill tickets, a trip to Dallas in July $?, plane tickets ~$600, and 2 doz roses delivered to her work today ~$105. Dinner with her and my 2 daughters est. at ~$120. She is good to me.

She is getting me a picatinny rail forearm and some ammo. I am happy with that.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:49:22 AM EDT
[#17]
$65.85

she gets the best flowers that 60 bucks can buy

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:56:23 AM EDT
[#18]
2 dozen roses delivered to the house...

2 cards - one this morning, one for tonight...

$22 bottle of wine...

1 pkg of smoked Gouda...

1 pkg of Brie...

Going on lunch to pick up some Godiva chocolates...

Cooking up some Mahi Mahi for dinner tonight...

Too bad the red bird has come to roost.......

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:14:40 AM EDT
[#19]
$622.95

My CMP order for Garand #4 posted on the estore this morning!  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:21:04 AM EDT
[#20]
$25.00

I got the gf a white bear with hearts on it, a nice thing of chocolate, and a glass rose.

I made the card in photoshop, it turned out nice, but I only did it because i'm cheap. But she took it as me caring, perfect!

...does it make me a bad boyfriend because I did all my valentines day shopping at Walgreens at 9:30PM on the 13th?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:36:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Things have been hectic around my house so it won't be too romantic but I'm making my husband... toss salad...No gifts.  

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:00:54 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
My bf hasn't said anything about Valentine's Day. I'd like to think that he's calling my bluff, but I am not so sure.  I might be taking a gift back, and you can damn sure bet there will be no pie.

I hate V-Day.

Did you get your hair dyed with Crimson Venom by Loreal Paris?  Ouch.  

Allow me to give you a VDay haiku:

Crimson Melissa;
Bitterness growing daily.
Homeboy best watch out.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:04:01 AM EDT
[#23]
I spent $18.80 on 4 cards yesterday.
2 for her from me
1 for her from our daughter.
1 for my daughter from me.

We are going to lunch in an hour or so and that will be $20-30

That is it.  I am finished and it will be approximately $50
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:04:28 AM EDT
[#24]
...........Riiiiiiiiiight
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:13:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why does that mean you got raped?????  If anything it means you get off lightly.
My bday is the week after.  I usually get combination presents, and birthday presents wrapped in valentine's day paper.  Or one or the other gets "forgotten".

As far as I see it, you only have to take her out to dinner or cook her dinner once.
If her birthday was in July, you'd have to celebrate both V=day and her birthday.
Consider yourself lucky.  She's the one that gets raped.

Now go appreciate your woman.

I appreciate her.  I don't mind spending money and putting effort into it.  I just made sure she got things for Valentines day and things for her birthday.  It would be the same as if her birthday was before or after V-day... except I spend the money all at the same time and she gets it all at the same time.

Nothing wrong with it in my eyes.  Just kind of funny to me.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Things have been hectic around my house so it won't be too romantic but I'm making my husband... toss salad...No gifts.  

Nice Edit!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:46:58 PM EDT
[#27]
$50, for a $100 taining coupon on sale.  She will have to go to the gym to use it. Bennefit she works out and gets tained.  

She told me I can buy, bullets or something. That is pretty much a open purchase order on gun stuff with out the "look".
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top