Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:12:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Less then $25, but my wife's birthday is in a week.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a nifty new rifle with a gorgeous scope on it...custom made for me, and he's going to paint it pink.

yay me.

I'm making him dinner...got a card, and ..well, he reads this sometimes, so I'll save the gift part to him for tomorrow.  He's going to love it, tho!

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:19:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My wife worked at a florist's for several years and saw the light...

So, I will be spending 0.00

She gets a kiss, a hug, a love letter, and she prefers it that way!

I used to work at a wholesale florist delivering flowers to florists. Do you all have any idea how much florists pay for roses?  It would make you sick, on average a florist pays about 20 to 40 cents per rose. Some of the varieties go for more but they are all under a dollar each. The red roses that you are buying for Valentines day cost about 25 cents each, they pay about $3 per/dozen.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:22:10 PM EDT
[#4]
It wont cost me anything- but no pie. Such is the trade off for sweet, sweet freedom.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:25:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

mine's the 21st, too.  I usually get the shaft for one or the other.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:29:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
$50 for a THREE HOUR gig at the spa. I get THREE HOURS ALONE and a 85% chance of a BJ afterward. Best money spent this year!

good luck.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:30:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Two years ago, I got Mrs. Colt_SBR a real nice box of chocolates.  It had a large I, a heart and a large U.  "I. LOVE. U.".  

Gave it to her and she said, "That's nice, I don’t' want it".    

OK.  I ate the heart (because she broke mine) and gave the I and U to the Irish girls at the Irish pub in my patrol area.  

That's the last time I got her anything for Valentine’s Day.  

My life really sucks.  

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:32:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Two years ago, I got Mrs. Colt_SBR a real nice box of chocolates.  It had a large I, a heart and a large U.  "I. LOVE. U.".  

OK.  I ate the heart (because she broke mine) and gave the I and U to the Irish girls at the Irish pub in my patrol area.  

My life really sucks.  

img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Colt_SBR/57985sm.gif  

well, crap.  I'd like to throttle someone like that.  some women just have no clue.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:32:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Not too much.  Maybe $20.  My wife is easy to please.  That's one of the reasons I married her.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:32:46 PM EDT
[#10]
i spent 87 dollars
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:34:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My life really sucks.  

img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Colt_SBR/57985sm.gif  

well, crap.  I'd like to throttle someone like that.  some women just have no clue.

+1  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Nothing.  My wife and I usually don't do anything for Valentines day, anniversary, birthdays, etc.  Didn't even buy Christmas gifts for each other last year.  We find that cards, flowers, and gifts mean more to us when they are "just because".  Besides, our memories suck, neither of us can remember when we're supposed to buy things.  Lat year, someone at work reminded her that it was our wedding anniversary, one day late.  We had both forgotten.  lol
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:57:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Nothing.

Rosie Palm is a cheap date.....
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:07:44 PM EDT
[#14]
My SO loves Peter Pan, so that's the "theme" I went with...

$110 - Peter Pan ballet, two tickets.
$20   - Hardcover "Peter Pan" book.
$75   - Dinner at her favorite restaurant.

The "presentation" will be very unique and very personal, and that's worth more to me than the dollar value.  I think she'll see things the same way. ;)

-James
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:09:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

My life really sucks.  

I know that her response sounds bad, but WHY didn't she want it? Does she have a problem with chocolate? How long have you guys been married? Maybe if its just been a short time, you need to have a talk about what she WOULD like. Lets be honest: she could put on a good face, take the chocolate even if she didn't want it, but then if you don't KNOW that she was doing that to put a good face on things, what would happen? You would most likely keep buying her chocolate every year. Lets look at some other possibilities: Were you guys having issues at the time? If so, maybe she thought that your gift was a minimal effort on your part given any issues you were having. Sounds like a communication issue.Keep talking. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:11:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Here goes...

Pajamagram.com - comfy red velor jammys for her with all the other stuff that comes with it.
Proflowers.com - 2 dozen asorted colored roses

Price: Does it really matter?

She IS the best thing that has ever happened to me (minus my kids of which came from her anyway!) and I wish I had more to give because she is worth every penny and then some.

If you can't relate you really are not in love...

RW3
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:14:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
$25 for the bottle of ether and a rag!

I'll split the cost with you, if I can use them next.

Ya!! Hell ya!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:15:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would imagine he would like to give you the shaft for both occasions
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:18:51 PM EDT
[#19]
I cringe every time I see one of those bs jewelry commercials. Jewelry in my opinion is one of the biggest wastes of money there is. Whenever I hear that jingle "every kiss begins with Kay" my skin crawls.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:21:03 PM EDT
[#20]
bought Mrs. JJB a new purse, normally my wife prides herself on her Target purses, but this year at Christmas my youngest sister (14) shows up with her own Louie Votton(Sp) purse, so I figured she needs at least one nice purse, she picked out a Dooney and Burke that set me back $300. Being the usual smart ass I asked for a cash discount, and was promptly shot down.

So yesterday the bride went out and bought me a new Norelco rechargable razor for my gift, woo hoo, I can shave while I drive now!

I also suprised her for lunch today and a local dive she enjoys.

I am hoping I get some real freaky lovin tomorrow night, heck I might even shave first.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:25:03 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm buying myself a RRA 9mm upper, hahn mag block, and either an Aimpoint or Eotech for V-day...just cuz I love myself so much.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#22]
I only have about $35 to spend.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:29:37 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AHEM    
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:34:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
www.steakandbjday.com/

MARCH 14TH IS EVEN MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:35:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AHEM    

Daisy, you walked right into that one hon.  Patty
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:36:23 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
ok I go first.
$63.00 just got off phone with FTD
dozen roses delivered to wife's office

You should have went ProFlowers.com.   I sent 2 dozen to my wife's office for the same price.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:51:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#28]
1.7oz of Ninna Ricci on sale for $19.99 and a bottle of Pepsi.  Been married 27 years and settled in!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:03:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Wont cost shit . Funny thing about loveing and respecting your partner through out the year not to mention neither one of you buying into manufactured holidays and a touch of haveing an aniversery two days before .
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:09:04 PM EDT
[#30]
$0.  The ex-gf only calls me up when she wants freaky loving for a few hours and the current bf is away, like over Christmas.

Oh well.  At least I save some cash.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:12:19 PM EDT
[#31]
We are going out to dinner tomorrow, I am gonna start a separate thread about it.

But as for gifts.

$80.00 for White Gold and Amethyst Ring
$30.00 for White Gold and Amethyst Earrings

Both from Wally World.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:17:41 PM EDT
[#32]
$$$ Priceless.  She got pissed when she found out buddy an me were still going to our monthly meeting at the local micro brewery tomorrow.  So when I found out he was in the dog house too,  we decided to call there bluff and invited them.  I made reservations for 4.  They said it was a valentines day dinner too when I called to make the reservations.  That shut them up.  They can enjoy sampling beer for V-day. Ha Ha.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:28:10 PM EDT
[#33]
My bf hasn't said anything about Valentine's Day. I'd like to think that he's calling my bluff, but I am not so sure.  I might be taking a gift back, and you can damn sure bet there will be no pie.

I hate V-Day.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:48:32 PM EDT
[#34]
$215
Hour long couples massage
Use of their Swiss shower (yes I did her in the shower)
All the booze you can drink and chocolate goodies you can eat.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#35]
No girlfriend. This allowed me to buy a bi-pod for my AR that i have been wanting for a while, and buy parts for my sowmobile.

Enjoying every minute of it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:56:13 PM EDT
[#36]
I paid out 150 bucks on ol girl.  I hope she hooks me up.

Max
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:57:47 PM EDT
[#37]
i just spent $5 for 3 roses on sale on campus to pick up tomorrow.

was gonna go out to dinner tomorrow, but i may have to postpone that because i want to go sit in on a lecture for a potential masters of bioethics program after graduation.

i got her a good xmas present, she shouldnt expect anything to come close to that for awhile.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:01:15 PM EDT
[#38]
$30 heart necklace
$18 Carnation bouquet (wife hates roses)
$10 yellow tullips(for her to plant
$10 teddy bear and 2x bags of dove chocolate.
$50 for dinner and a movie

The least I can do for a woman that will clean the Cosmo of my Yugo AK kit.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:05:19 PM EDT
[#39]
New intella bed pillow  $100.00

Whole House Spring Cleaned  $80.00(really looks good)

New mp3 player $120.00

New fan for bedroom $50.00

A night in Lake Havasue AZ $170.00

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:05:26 PM EDT
[#40]
I don't know what the roofie coloda cost but the astroglide was $4.00
O.K., I spent a whopping $14.99 for a dozen roses at costco
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:08:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Valentine's Day = Christmas in February.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:15:04 PM EDT
[#42]
jack
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:22:16 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
My bf hasn't said anything about Valentine's Day. I'd like to think that he's calling my bluff, but I am not so sure.  I might be taking a gift back, and you can damn sure bet there will be no pie.

I hate V-Day.

Just conceder all of ARFCOM your BF.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:25:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Oh yea I forgot..

She got me a AK G2 FCG, a bottle of Oxypro cold blue and a US made slant brake

FREE
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:30:08 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
sybian.com/images/BlackSybian+Attachments.jpg

Now that's funny as hell!!!

I didn't spend a dime on Valentine's Day.  No wife, no girlfriend, and my dog, even though she's female, doesn't know Valentine's Day is here yet.  So keep it quiet.  Shhhhh
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
ok I go first.
$63.00 just got off phone with FTD
dozen roses delivered to wife's office

Yep, they got me for $83, but you can't beat that they can deliver the same day you order!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:55:57 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
So how much is V day gonna cost You?
And for What? (jewelry, Diamonds, Dining, etc)

Well not that much considering what I'm getting in return....
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#49]
bottle of strawberry boone's and a snickers bar and i'll take some flowers off someones grave  

$3.85.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:32:52 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Don't wanta do that, I love her.  

Quoted:

I know that her response sounds bad, but WHY didn't she want it? Does she have a problem with chocolate? How long have you guys been married? Maybe if its just been a short time, you need to have a talk about what she WOULD like. Lets be honest: she could put on a good face, take the chocolate even if she didn't want it, but then if you don't KNOW that she was doing that to put a good face on things, what would happen? You would most likely keep buying her chocolate every year. Lets look at some other possibilities: Were you guys having issues at the time? If so, maybe she thought that your gift was a minimal effort on your part given any issues you were having. Sounds like a communication issue.Keep talking. Just a thought.

We started dating in 1970.  Got married in 1977.  She loves chocolate.  Guess she wanted something else that year.  She never told me what she wanted.    

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top