Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 12:13:30 PM EDT
From Drudge's Headline;

PAT ROBERSON: SHARON STROKE MAY BE GOD'S PUNISHMENT

The guy needs to be struck down by lightning sometime.

www.kare11.com/news/cooler_article.aspx?storyid=115851

Robertson says Sharon's stroke is God's punishment

The Reverend Pat Robertson says Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's massive stroke could be God's punishment for giving up Israeli territory.

The founder of the Christian Broadcasting Network told viewers of "The 700 Club" that Sharon was "dividing God's land," even though the Bible says doing so invites "God's enmity."

Robertson added, "I would say woe to any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course."

He noted that former Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated.

Robertson said God's message is, "This land belongs to me. You'd better leave it alone."
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:15:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:16:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
From Drudge's Headline;

PAT ROBERSON: SHARON STROKE MAY BE GOD'S PUNISHMENT

The guy needs to be struck down by lightning sometime.

You've got to be kidding me.  I just heard this asshat well-wishing Sharon on the TV the other night.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:20:41 PM EDT
[#3]
He's probably basing that presumption on Sharon "selling out" Likud and Israeli hardliners who don't want a Palestinian state. The unspoken presumption by him is that God wants Israel to stay Jewish,rather than ceding territory to the Palestinians.

Guessing why God does things is a rather risky business,methinks.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:21:02 PM EDT
[#4]

The Reverend Pat Robertson says Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's massive stroke could be God's punishment for giving up Israeli territory.

The founder of the Christian Broadcasting Network told viewers of "The 700 Club" that Sharon was "dividing God's land," even though the Bible says doing so invites "God's enmity."

Robertson added, "I would say woe to any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course."

Robertson said God's message is, "This land belongs to me. You'd better leave it alone."

I must say that it was fucking stupid to give up Israeli territory.....

Well said by a former Marine IMO

ETA.....

I don't see why everyone has this love fest for Sharon.........Netanyahu would make a much better PM
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Guy gives Christians a bad name.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:24:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I honestly think Pat Robertson has some sort of mental condition that makes him say stupid things.  He is a total nut and he gives Christians a bad name.  I think his 15 min. of fame was over when the PTL fell apart and he is just filling time on the "Christian" Networks.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:26:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guy gives Christians a bad name.

Now, now.  We don't want you to befall God's wrath at the behest of Pat Robertson.

eta:  "The first rule of 700 Club is, 'You Do not talk shit about Pat Robertson.'"
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#8]
That marklark should shut his fucking marklark.
And there's no marklarking way I'm going to send him the marklark to build a PTL space cruiser.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:31:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I must say that it was fucking stupid to give up Israeli territory.....

Well said by a former Marine IMO

ETA.....

I don't see why everyone has this love fest for Sharon.........Netanyahu would make a much better PM

A BIG +1
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:10:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:15:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Maybe we should just tack my Pat Robertson, asshat extraordinaire thread from a few months back.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:23:17 PM EDT
[#12]
He needs to retire ASAP.  He's gotten more and more senile as of late.  He has done some good things in the past but these comments are now overshadowing everything.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
That marklar should shut his fucking marklar.
And there's no marklaring way I'm going to send him the marklar to build a PTL space cruiser.

fixed it for you
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:26:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Pat has obviously felt God's wrath himself.

He was stricken with stupidity at birth.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#15]
i wonder if he knows that when people that arent health conscience get old they have health problems and die.

perhaps gods grace will allow him to live forever?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:41:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Now, now.  We don't want you to befall God's wrath at the behest of Pat Robertson.

eta:  "The first rule of 700 Club is, 'You Do not talk shit about Pat Robertson.'"

I'll take my chances.

Besides, God has far better reasons to send His wrath upon me. Fortunately, the Lord volunteered to shield me from it, so I'll be OK.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#17]
How did Pat get so stupid if he can connect with God's thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:02:37 PM EDT
[#18]
The last time I cussed Robertson off
I got a call from the Mods.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:04:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
How did Pat get so stupid if he can connect with God's thoughts?

The real Question you have is is:

Just which god are you talking about?
I don't believe for an instant he follows Jesus Christ.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top