Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/10/2005 7:10:13 PM EDT
news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051111/ap_on_re_us/robertson_evolution

Pat Robertson Warns Pa. Town of Disaster

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson warned residents of a rural Pennsylvania town Thursday that disaster may strike there because they "voted God out of your city" by ousting school board members who favored teaching intelligent design.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Wasn't God going to strike down Orlando a few years back, according to Pat Robertson?  

Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:13:56 PM EDT
[#2]
i hope god gives him the bird flu, he is just an attention whore...
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:13:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Eh. Whatever.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:14:37 PM EDT
[#4]
That asshole is going to cause all kinds of natural disasters...

Record Breaking Hurricane Season The Result Of Not Recognizing Flying Spaghetti Monster...
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:14:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I knew this was a train wreck when I clicked on it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:16:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Pat Robertson an Asshat?  Say it ain't so!

Oddly, Regents University is really hammering airtime with internet classes lately.  Another cash cow for Pat perhaps?
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Iif you think nations are not punished by God, you need to read your Bible. Pat is the only man with the nerve to tell it how it is. You are living in a time the Bible calls the beginning of sorrows. Wait till the time of theTribulation and the the Great Tribulation. You aint seen punishment yet my friends.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Iif you think nations are not punished by God, you need to read your Bible. Pat is the only man with the nerve to tell it how it is.

So you believe that the U.S. deserved 9/11, and brought it on ourselves because of how we tolerate homosexuality and feminism?

(because that seemed to be what Pat Robertson and Jerry Fallwell were saying on 9/11).
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:26:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I like Pat.  He's nuts, but he says what he thinks.  If only all politicians did the same.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Wasn't God going to strike down Orlando a few years back, according to Pat Robertson?  

I remember that, reminds me of this, definately a must-listen -
media.putfile.com/Bubba-the-Love-Sponge---Ned-Calls-The-700-Club
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:29:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Iif you think nations are not punished by God, you need to read your Bible. Pat is the only man with the nerve to tell it how it is.

So you believe that the U.S. deserved 9/11, and brought it on ourselves because of how we tolerate homosexuality and feminism?

(because that seemed to be what Pat Robertson and Jerry Fallwell were saying on 9/11).

Not to mention Al Quida uses the SAME justification.

In the end they all offend FSM.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:32:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Pat

please stop saying crazy shit like this, therefore allowing the lefty Liberal Media to endlessly paint all christians with the crazy wild-eyed blood thirsty killer brush. Damn it

Every time this guy does this
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:33:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Pat

please stop saying crazy shit like this, therefore allowing the lefty Liberal Media to endlessly paint all christians with the crazy wild-eyed blood thirsty killer brush. Damn it

+1
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We are ALL God's children and the USA is not any more special in His eyes than anyone else. The punishment for sin is death. I'm not saying God is doing the punishments Himself. Sin brings death. It is a part of the supernatural physics that people do not understand. I think the world deserves death, but I am relieved that punishment has already been payed by Christ for me and those who repent to him and accept his free gift of salvation.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:37:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Pat

The problem isn't Pat, it's the minions of idiots who totally buy it.

If nobody listened to Osama Bin Laden he'd be just another crazy fucking asshole in the desert with laundry on his head. The problem with Bin Laden are the tards who buy his shit.

Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We are ALL God's children and the USA is not any more special in His eyes than anyone else. The punishment for sin is death. I'm not saying God is doing the punishments Himself. Sin brings death. It is a part of the supernatural physics that people do not understand. I think the world deserves death, but I am relieved that punishment has already been payed by Christ for me and those who repent to him and accept his free gift of salvation.

Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So is that a yes or no?  

Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So is that a yes or no?  

I think it was a yes.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:40:16 PM EDT
[#19]
God is not mocked no matter what His people say or do.

I agree with whoever posted it above, the punishment for sin is death.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Pat is to God as

a fish is to a bicycle.

Totally unrelated.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:41:37 PM EDT
[#21]
I think I'll be avoiding Dover, PA for the foreseeable future - I don't want to BURN IN HELL with those heretics.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:42:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

supernatural physics

Death = (sins/2)*(1/saved souls)*3/(2*pi*sin(tithing))
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:45:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

"supernatural physics" that is rich.

From the guy who thinks "I think the world deserves death."

Says a lot about you. So basically you think the world is so messed up that ALL of the innocent inhabitants of it deserve death?

Himmler could have used a few more guys like you.

Sure some of those "jew kids" were probably innocent of any wrong doing but WORLD JEWRY was so far gone that you have to get rid of the bad with the good right?

After all "the world deserves death." because it does NOT meet your expected standard of Christian acceptability.

Nice to know you think everyones child DESERVES to die because there aren't enough people on the planet who worship your God in a suitable fashion.

And apparantly the only BIGGER asshole than you is your God who YOU believe punishes the innocent and the guilty WHOLESALE and indiscrimintly with natural disasters by means of the "supernatural physics" he created.

Most people "I" know who consider themselves Christians believe that God created a place where good and bad "naturally" occurs and men do "good or evil" based upon their nature. Their belief in God helps them cope with life hardships created by natural events and men who do evil. But not for a second do they ascribe these actions to their God because they don't believe God is an asshole.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So is that a yes or no?  

Don't try to bring me into a battle of you trying to test my love for my country. I am first a child of God and second an American. I said Sin itself is what causes death. Not just to the "evil" countries, but to ALL. There is a supernatural world you have no idea about. Words alone have power beyond belief. If you say an idle curse to someone, instantly you have givin the powers and principalities the authority to carry out that curse. You and I are have powers you can't even see and most don't even know about. A blessing givin by you unlocks supernatural powers that can do alot of good.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:47:47 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

supernatural physics

Death = (sins/2)*(1/saved souls)*3/(2*pi*sin(tithing))

Don't make me break out the Holy Geometry and explain the Rule of Trinity Proof to you.

I love God, he provided me with hundreds of idiots who see to my daily entertainment.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:48:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Says a lot about you. So basically you think the world is so messed up that ALL of the innocent inhabitants of it deserve death?

Sure some of those "jew kids" were probably innocent of any wrong doing but WORLD JEWRY was so far gone that you have to get rid of the bad with the good right?

After all "the world deserves death." because it does NOT meet your expected standard of Christian acceptability.

Nice to know you think everyones child DESERVES to die because there aren't enough people on the planet who worship your God in a suitable fashion.

And apparantly the only BIGGER asshole than you is your God who YOU believe punishes the innocent and the guilty WHOLESALE and indiscrimintly with natural disasters by means of the "supernatural physics" he created.

Most people "I" know who consider themselves Christians believe that God created a place where good and bad "naturally" occurs and men do "good or evil" based upon their nature. Their belief in God helps them cope with life hardships created by natural events and men who do evil. But not for a second do they ascribe these actions to their God because they don't believe God is an asshole.

Sorry you feel that way, but it is true.
No one is innocent in they eyes of God and all have fell short in His eyes. I didn't say it, God did. You want to tell him to join Himmler? Sin brings death. All have sinned. All deserve death.
Christ saved us that punishment by taking it for us. Read your bible.

And I think you need to chill out on the name calling in the GD
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:48:59 PM EDT
[#27]
I think Pat and that Margeret Perrin chick from Trading Spouses should hook up.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:50:18 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So is that a yes or no?  

Don't try to bring me into a battle of you trying to test my love for my country. I am first a child of God and second an American. I said Sin itself is what causes death. Not just to the "evil" countries, but to ALL. There is a supernatural world you have no idea about. Words alone have power beyond belief. If you say an idle curse to someone, instantly you have givin the powers and principalities the authority to carry out that curse. You and I are have powers you can't even see and most don't even know about. A blessing givin by you unlocks supernatural powers that can do alot of good.

I: Thou shalt NOT make Hawker look like an asshat.

He is doing that just fine by himself.

Repent or thoust shall be cursed and suffer Hawkers "supernatural powers."

Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:50:25 PM EDT
[#29]
This fact "just" occurred to you???

Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:51:10 PM EDT
[#30]
--i hope god gives him the bird flu, he is just an attention whore...

YEP!!  what he said
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Read your bible.

No thanks, not a big fan of fiction.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:53:03 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So is that a yes or no?  

You are just making yourself look like an idiot, because you have NO idea what you are talkin about.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:53:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Doesnt surprise me. This pretty much backs up my point that most god tokin bible freaks are mentally unstable. There just not rational. Religion will bring this world to a hault. What else has killed more people in the past 1000years besides religion? NOTHING. I just cant belive this guy has a following.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:54:22 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry you feel that way, but it is true.
No one is innocent in they eyes of God and all have fell short in His eyes. I didn't say it, God did. You want to tell him to join Himmler? Sin brings death. All have sinned. All deserve death.
Christ saved us that punishment by taking it for us. Read your bible.

Don't feel sorry for me. I'm thrilled I don't believe in a divine asshole.

I'm also pretty happy I don't think "All deserve death."

I try and have a little in common with Middle Eastern fanatics as possible. You probably should move to a theocracy, I think you'd be a lot happier. Then you could personally do "God's work" and mete out His will to the masses.

Remember women and children go left, people who can work go right.

And when someones little kid is dead don't forget to remind the parents that he was a little sinner and had it coming because God likes killing little kids.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So is that a yes or no?  

+1

Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:56:57 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So is that a yes or no?  

You are just making yourself look like an idiot, because you have NO idea what you are talkin about.

Speak for yourself.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So is that a yes or no?  

I'm sorry wasn't it YOU who said...

"All have sinned. All deserve death."

Oh and "supernatural physics."

Can you remind me what chapter of Newton that was?

I forgot because I don't know what I am talking about.

Seriously, bless you. This is great stuff.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So is that a yes or no?  

Don't try to bring me into a battle of you trying to test my love for my country.

How in the world am I trying to "bring you into a battle" or trying to "test your love for your country"

You said that Pat Robertson speaks the truth, and I asked you a simple question about whether you agreed with the statements he made on 9/11

If you see it as a "test" of your love for your country, then it seems to be between you and Pat Robertson, not something that I am doing.

I am first a child of God and second an American. I said Sin itself is what causes death. Not just to the "evil" countries, but to ALL. There is a supernatural world you have no idea about.

With all due respect, how do you know what I have any idea about or not? How arrogant and condescending of you  

You have no idea what I know, believe or am aware of.  Just because you think that you have amazing and unique insights doesn't automatically make you any more insightful that others.

Pat Robertson seems to suffer from that same hubris - that he thinks that he can SPEAK for God, and that he understands God's plan BETTER than anyone else.  There's a reason that PRIDE is considered a cardinal sin by the Catholics - and Pat Robertson will pay for his arrogance, in my opinion.  Despite any good intentions on his part, that guy will be LUCKY to ever get anywhere near heaven.  

Words alone have power beyond belief. If you say an idle curse to someone, instantly you have givin the powers and principalities the authority to carry out that curse. You and I are have powers you can't even see and most don't even know about. A blessing givin by you unlocks supernatural powers that can do alot of good.

I guess if you believe that everyday language give you access to supernatural powers, then you can be free to believe that.  

As a evangelical Lutheran, that's not necessarily in my belief system - but I respect your belief in it.  
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 8:00:22 PM EDT
[#39]
seems to me you need to get off the internet and learn about life son.
Your post count is way too high for someone who thinks they know anything.
I'm not asking you to believe in God, but you will kneel before Him along with Hitler and Osama, because you will share the same fate unless you confess Christ as your saviour. It may be too late for you though
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 8:01:03 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

And I think you need to chill out on the name calling in the GD

I don't mean to name call, I just couldn't think of a nicer way to refer to someone who thinks "All have sinned. All deserve death."

It's like talking to someone who just said something as intelligent as "Since Blacks are subhuman they all deserve to die" and trying to think of a way to describe your opinion of them without being offensive.

It's just kinda hard.

Try and understand, YOU think all children who die DESERVE it because they are ALL SINNERS.

I just can't think of a single "nice" way to refer to a person with your beliefs. It is my shortcoming.

Link Posted: 11/10/2005 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I'm not asking you to believe in God, but you will kneel before Him along with Hitler and Osama, because you will share the same fate unless you confess Christ as your saviour. It may be too late for you though

Link Posted: 11/10/2005 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

"Son" ?   Are you talking to me?

If so, now you're just being laughable (in addition to apparently being unable to read).  

(...if you were talking about SteurAUG, go crazy!  )
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 8:06:38 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Thanks but no thanks.

Any God who would judge ME in the same way as Hitler and Osama because I don't believe in him is an insecure asshole who I wouldn't want to hang out with anyway. Same goes for you and people who think like you.

I'd like to think the Creator of all things would have more important shit to worry about and didn't have self esteem issues.

But I will confess this, you have provided the funniest shit I've read all night.

I was having a long busy day and was kinda down for a little bit. Then YOU came along and now I'm in a GREAT MOOD. Maybe there is a God.

Or maybe it's just that Flying Spaghetti Monster really loves me, saw that I was a little down and sent you along to entertain me.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 8:07:54 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So is that a yes or no?  

Don't try to bring me into a battle of you trying to test my love for my country.

How in the world am I trying to "bring you into a battle" or trying to "test your love for your country"

You said that Pat Robertson speaks the truth, and I asked you a simple question about whether you agreed with the statements he made on 9/11

If you see it as a "test" of your love for your country, then it seems to be between you and Pat Robertson, not something that I am doing.

I am first a child of God and second an American. I said Sin itself is what causes death. Not just to the "evil" countries, but to ALL. There is a supernatural world you have no idea about.

With all due respect, how do you know what I have any idea about or not? How arrogant and condescending of you  

You have no idea what I know, believe or am aware of.  Just because you think that you have amazing and unique insights doesn't automatically make you any more insightful that others.

Pat Robertson seems to suffer from that same hubris - that he thinks that he can SPEAK for God, and that he understands God's plan BETTER than anyone else.  There's a reason that PRIDE is considered a cardinal sin by the Catholics - and Pat Robertson will pay for his arrogance, in my opinion.  Despite any good intentions on his part, that guy will be LUCKY to ever get anywhere near heaven.  

Words alone have power beyond belief. If you say an idle curse to someone, instantly you have givin the powers and principalities the authority to carry out that curse. You and I are have powers you can't even see and most don't even know about. A blessing givin by you unlocks supernatural powers that can do alot of good.

I guess if you believe that everyday language give you access to supernatural powers, then you can be free to believe that.  

As a evangelical Lutheran, that's not necessarily in my belief system - but I respect your belief in it.  

I don't claim to have any amazing insight or a complete understanding of God's plan. I just know the power of a spoken word. When you speak a curse you have givin authority to Satan's angels to carry out that curse. Mankind is higher than the angels and one day we will judge them for turning against God. Whether you know it or not you have powers over them to bind them or to give them authority. That is all I was saying about that topic. About Pat's stuff...Just like I said sin is what is causing that punishment. If you throw a rock up it will come down. If you sin it will cause death. It is something most people don't understand. God is not punishing ppl directly, however whatever we do brings consequences.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/10/2005 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks but no thanks.

Any God who would judge ME in the same way as Hitler and Osama because I don't believe in him is an insecure asshole who I wouldn't want to hang out with anyway. Same goes for you and people who think like you.

I'd like to think the Creator of all things would have more important shit to worry about and didn't have self esteem issues.

But I will confess this, you have provided the funniest shit I've read all night.

I was having a long busy day and was kinda down for a little bit. Then YOU came along and now I'm in a GREAT MOOD. Maybe there is a God.

Or maybe it's just that Flying Spaghetti Monster really loves me, saw that I was a little down and sent you along to entertain me.

Hope you are as jovial when you stand before God in the final judgement.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 8:10:17 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I don't claim to have any amazing insight or a complete understanding of God's plan. I just know the power of a spoken word. When you speak a curse you have givin authority to Satan's angels to carry out that curse. Mankind is higher than the angels and one day we will judge them for turning against God. Whether you know it or not you have powers over them to bind them or to give them authority. That is all I was saying about that topic. About Pat's stuff...Just like I said sin is what is causing that punishment. If you throw a rock up it will come down. If you sin it will cause death. It is something most people don't understand. God is not punishing ppl directly, however whatever we do brings consequences.

I CURSE THEE AND CAST MY SPELL OF WORDS UPON THEE!

FEEL MY WRATH! FEEL MY WRATH!

I CONDEMN THEE AS AN ADMITTED SINNER. GET THEE GONE FROM THESE FORUMS OR BE CURSED AGAIN!

Link Posted: 11/10/2005 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Hope you are as jovial when you stand before God in the final judgement.

HEATHEN. Flying Spaghetti Monster will show you the error of your ways....

He was cooked for your sins and you blasphemy him with your "man" God.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 8:12:22 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Iif you think nations are not punished by God, you need to read your Bible. Pat is the only man with the nerve to tell it how it is. You are living in a time the Bible calls the beginning of sorrows. Wait till the time of theTribulation and the the Great Tribulation. You aint seen punishment yet my friends.

You're officially on my nut list.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#50]
God Bless you ALL
All I can do is pray for you.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top