Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/24/2005 8:30:12 PM EDT
The one time my family gets together during the year and it is ruined because of my "oh poor mexicans give all my money away open the borders cops are racist I want to live in Mexico" bleeding heart liberal sister.

It starts of fine until the gift giving, then she starts in about how we shouldnt be exchanging gifts, how we should be giving our money to the food bank.  Then every gift she gets its "oh why did you get me anything, you shouldnt have gotten me anyting, all I wanted was canned food to give to the food bank."  She keeps going on and on talking over everyone trying to make everyone feel guilty that they have worked their asses off to get to where they are and now we should feel sorry and bad.  

THEN the cousins are brought up who are serving in Iraq, how we miss them and wish they were here.  CAN YOU BELEIVE SHE STARTS IN ON THEM AND HOW THEY ARE KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE ALL FOR A TYRANT IN OFFICE.  That was teh straw that broke the camels back.  My dad flipped out since he is a vet.

Basically he said that she is a liberal because of college and he cant wait for her to get out because she will change then.  How everyone is getting tired of her bleeding heart liberal attitude and trying to make everyone feel guilty about their position in life.  

And then he left.

Everyone was mad, everyone left, and now I am venting at home.

Merry f'ing christmas.

<We don't allow any form of the F-word in thread titles.  --tbk1>
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:33:17 PM EDT
[#1]
So, dont invite her over for Christmas anymore.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#2]
liberals suck
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:33:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Liberalism is a mental disease.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:34:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Next time just ask her to leave or tell her to "Shut The Fuck Up" and let the rest of the family enjoy the day.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:35:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Being stupid is a privelege of being young. She'll grow out of it. Take your dad out for a beer and help him get over it. Family is important - ask the Godfather .
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Liberalism is a mental disease.

From another response I made a couple of weeks ago:
------------------

Quoted:
Yes libs are pretty screwed in the head but I don't think they want to purposely destroy the US. If the did then Teddy and the Hilda Beast would get no BIG government pension for all those long years of hard work

Due respect, you are very, very wrong about this - the American Leftist wishes, at the zenith of his world-view, that America certainly be destroyed.

Why?

America represents success. Leadership. Discipline. Motivation. "Stick-to-it-ivness." America represents a conglomeration of well-disciplined people working together to create a greater good, motivated by individual success, identified by monetary achievement and social peace and justice, aided by steadfast belief in a Supreme Being.

Why would such structure frighten the American Leftist?

Because it's not self-destructive - EVERY Leftist is a delusional person to some extent - consider the idea that begins, "Wouldn't it be great if we could just..."

"Ban all guns - then, there'd be no more people getting murdered."

"Ban racism - then, there'd be no more people getting offended or cheated."

"Ban sexism - then, there'd be no more people getting their asses pinched in the break room."

"Ban injustice - then, there'd be no more people getting unequal treatment."

"Ban judgmentalism - then, there'd be no more people staring down their noses at me as I wreck my life."

"Ban religiosity - then, I wouldn't have to worry about any kind of eternal judgment."

and so on, and so on.

In other words, they're in a permanent state of denial about the inherent faults of mankind, and frequently evidencing serious mental instabilities because the world continues to fail to meet up with their utopian vision.

Einstein said (loose quote) that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again while anticipating differing results, but Leftists, having seen 100 million people slaughtered over the last 100 years in pursuit of their Utopia, regard it all as having come about because of poor implementation of a noble idea, or even the fault of the Greedy Capitalists.

Liberalism is indeed a mental disorder. Talk to any serious fuckup, and he will invariably have all of the trappings of Nancy-Pelosi-thinking.

They are evil incarnate.
----------

There you go.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:37:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Liberals SUCK!  But remember this:

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Your dad shouldn't have left, she should have been kicked out.

At my dad's house tonight, for my dad who was in the navy I got him all sorts of stuff from the sub base at New London Ct. where he was stationed, my brother who is in army was there as was my son who will be attending the Naval Academy at Annapolis next year.  She wouldn't have been very welcomed there.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:37:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Liberal sucks ass.

Max
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:39:41 PM EDT
[#11]
lol there's one in every family
I made a cousin cry at Easter over the issue of the poor Indians slaughtered by the white man some 100 years ago.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:39:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Liberals SUCK!  But remember this:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/Gunguy1911/siamese.jpg

Dude...I just vomited from laughing so hard.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Invite her back next year,  Invite me too.  I'll pretend to be on her side and throw some wild shit out there to really make her head spin in agreament.  If it works right she'll relize how far she put her foot down her mouth and relize what an ass she is.

And if it doesn't work, then I'll buy you and your pops a beer or three.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Better than the "Christmas 1975 melt-down" my family had over drugs, alcohol, pot, liberals and the Vietnam war.....
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:45:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Living well is the best revenge!

Take your dad out for a beer and remind him that when she finally comes to her senses, then you and dad will have fun saying "I told you so" for years to come.

Now, take a deep breath and remember what you are thankful for and why we are really celebrating Christmas!

Merry Christmas,
Accountant
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:45:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The one time my family gets together during the year and it is ruined because of my "oh poor mexicans give all my money away open the borders cops are racist I want to live in Mexico" bleeding heart liberal sister.

Merry f'ing christmas.

Buy her a ticket for next Christmas (or birthday whatever comes first)
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:45:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Better than the "Christmas 1975 melt-down" my family had over drugs, alcohol, pot, liberals and the Vietnam war.....

Theres a story there.....
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:51:22 PM EDT
[#18]
That sucks that she has such a big mouth, but try not to be too hard on her. If she is in college then you can rest assured that she is only repeating what has been pumped into her 24x7 by her professors and friends. For most people, college liberalism is cured the first time they get a pay stub and realize that they have to use the what's left to buy groceries, gas, make a car payment, make a rent payment, pay their utilities, buy clothes and pay their student loans.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:51:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Buy her a bus ticket to Nogales, Sonora.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

It starts of fine until the gift giving, then she starts in about how we shouldnt be exchanging gifts, how we should be giving our money to the food bank.  Then every gift she gets its "oh why did you get me anything, you shouldnt have gotten me anyting, all I wanted was canned food to give to the food bank."  She keeps going on and on talking over everyone trying to make everyone feel guilty that they have worked their asses off to get to where they are and now we should feel sorry and bad.  

THEN the cousins are brought up who are serving in Iraq, how we miss them and wish they were here.  CAN YOU BELEIVE SHE STARTS IN ON THEM AND HOW THEY ARE KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE ALL FOR A TYRANT IN OFFICE.  That was teh straw that broke the camels back.  My dad flipped out since he is a vet.

Basically he said that she is a liberal because of college and he cant wait for her to get out because she will change then.  How everyone is getting tired of her bleeding heart liberal attitude and trying to make everyone feel guilty about their position in life.  

And then he left.

Merry f'ing christmas.

Sounds like my situation, except my sister flat out refuses to see the family .

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:55:07 PM EDT
[#21]
And thats why I aviod the family
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:55:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Buy her a bus ticket to Nogales, Sonora.

Make it nuevo laredo instead.

Let her experience the full charms of Mexico and then come back next christmas to tell everyone how great it is.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:56:05 PM EDT
[#23]
they need tractor speed bumps in Israel
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:57:55 PM EDT
[#24]
I would say:

"Political agendas are not allowed here.  Leave your agenda at the door, or don't come in."

Simple as that.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:58:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Next year the whole family should chip in a buy her ONE DENTED can of CHEAP NO-NAME soup.  Just give her her wish.  And is she bitches, just tell her it's the tought that counts.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:58:55 PM EDT
[#26]
I would have taken her present(s) back and gave her 1 can of food for each. Then told her the food bank on the other side of town was about out of food so she better hurry and get there. Finally,that it might be a good idea if she stayed and helped.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:00:10 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Theres a story there.....

Long story short...

Dad and two uncles are Korean war vets, Dad is a Marine, both uncles were Army.
Third uncle was Army during Vietnam, but didn't go to Vietnam.
Fourth uncle Bill dodged the draft (had the number to go) by claiming a high school football back injury, all the while he surfed and worked for Sears Robuck in receiving.

After drinking all morning and most of the afternoon the uncles were having a discussion about the Vietnam war.
Uncle Bill made the comment that Vietnam was a mistake made by republicans (amongst other things).
That set off my dad, who was then joined by the other three uncles.

Yelling, screaming, the aunts came out, Grandma came out, the police came, uncle Bill ended up getting arrested for possesion of pot, One of the aunts gathered up her kids and left before Christmas dinner was served, mom was so pissed she dumped the Christmas ham outside for the dog and left with Grandma.

We didn't have a big family gathering the next year, and after that we have never had a family gathering with alcohol.
It took almost 10 years before the uncles were on speaking terms again, and even then it was strained.

Me and the brothers still laugh when we remember the dog eating that ham.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:03:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Sorry to hear about that.  It's a shame when one person ruins it for everyone else.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Don't disinvite her to next year's Christmas.  Just don't give her anything but dented cans of food that have to be tossed.  She's going to look real generous showing up at the food bank with leaky, out-dated food.  You may want to make it a surprise by removing the labels first.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:07:41 PM EDT
[#30]
mexico? wow, that is funny. people are so more enlightened in mexico. awesome. they have a habit of being selfless and watching out for their neighbor. why, it wasnt but a few years ago, apparently someone willingly decided to give more than just their time and some money. a man and woman coming across the border from juarez went thru the free bridge( coming into elpaso,tx)and they had a little girl on the backseat sleeping. one of the officers asked if the girl was alright, the couple said she was sleeping. the officer told them to wake the little girl up. well, the girl couldnt wake up, cause she had been cut open and filled with drugs and sewn back up to be able to cross the border slick style.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:08:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
liberals suck

+2
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:09:11 PM EDT
[#32]
If she is hot, young and single I'll screw the liberal right out of her!

You should have said fine, and taken back all the presents right after she opened them and then starting bitching.  Nothing like an Indian Giver to liven up the party.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:21:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Might be best to dis-own her for a while.

I had the same trouble with my cousin after the Panama Invasion at our family Christmas party.
Same lib-shit, so I told him to STFU and not speak to me anymore.
He smartened up a few years later and joined the Coast Guard. We didn't talk till then.
Your sister will wake up some day, don't sweat it.

Merry Christmas DACE
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:43:45 PM EDT
[#35]
I feel for you man. You need your family to hold an intervention.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:48:36 PM EDT
[#36]
A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat, and was very much in favor of the redistribution of wealth. She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had participated in, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his.
One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the addition of more government welfare programs. The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father. He responded by asking how she was doing in school. Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really have many college friends because she spent all her time studying.

Her father listened and then asked, “How is you friend Audrey doing?” She replied, “Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she never studies, and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is so popular on campus; college for her is a blast. She's always invited to all the parties, and lots of times she doesn't even show up for classes because she's too hung over.”

Her wise father asked his daughter, “Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct a 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA.”

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, “That wouldn't be fair! I have worked really hard for my grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work! Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my tail off!”

The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, “Welcome to the Republican Party.”
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:53:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Honestly... next year... don't forget.  Talk to the family and remind them of this year.  Only buy her cases of canned food... or make a donation to the Salvation Army in her name.  There's nothing wrong with being giving to the poor!  Though, $5 says she won't whine about not getting anything... but she'll kick herself for being retarded this year.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Part of the Liberal mindset is that they have to preach their message 24/7.
In their minds, they are trying to "wake people up" and "do good".
In reality, I believe that their constant blather serves to reinforce their own beliefs.
They WANT the negative reactions they recieve, because it make them feel like a mayrtyr for the cause.
Liberalism celebrates victimhood, and mayrtyrs are the ultimate, righteous, victims.
Now she can tell her friends how she was "attacked and disowned" because of her Liberal convictions, thus earning status in their eyes.

I work with a couple surly, angry Liberal gals. They inject anti-Americn vitriol into every conversation, be in a convesation about the weather, local headlines whatever. When the rest of us ignore them, they get these snotty, self righteous looks on their faces and proceed to treat everybody like crap for the next few days.

If you can't stand her, don't invite her. The fact that she's family doesn't obligate you to ruin your holiday.

ckmorley
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:00:57 PM EDT
[#39]
I'd ease her mind by taking the gifts off her hands and selling them on Ebay.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:05:23 PM EDT
[#40]
She sounds like she would even go so far as to vote yes on an 80 cent cigarette tax.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:19:17 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Part of the Liberal mindset is that they have to preach their message 24/7.
In their minds, they are trying to "wake people up" and "do good".
In reality, I believe that their constant blather serves to reinforce their own beliefs.
They WANT the negative reactions they recieve, because it make them feel like a mayrtyr for the cause.
Liberalism celebrates victimhood, and mayrtyrs are the ultimate, righteous, victims.
Now she can tell her friends how she was "attacked and disowned" because of her Liberal convictions, thus earning status in their eyes.

I work with a couple surly, angry Liberal gals. They inject anti-Americn vitriol into every conversation, be in a convesation about the weather, local headlines whatever. When the rest of us ignore them, they get these snotty, self righteous looks on their faces and proceed to treat everybody like crap for the next few days.

If you can't stand her, don't invite her. The fact that she's family doesn't obligate you to ruin your holiday.

ckmorley

Funny.  I do the same thing, just the other way around.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:20:10 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
She sounds like she would even go so far as to vote yes on an 80 percent cigarette tax.

Fixed it for you!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:36:16 PM EDT
[#43]
I had the family Christmas tonight. My family is mostly liberal, there's just a handful of us that are conservative. It was nasty.... I'm pretty accepting of others ideas & I love my family (even the libs) but they got downright mean. The fact that I'm not only conservative but also a Christian seemed to make them crazy. It still amazes me that the "tolerant ones" (the Libs) are so militant against anyone who disagrees with them.

I love my family... I just don't feel so welcome among them sometimes.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:36:47 PM EDT
[#44]
I beat the 'Guilt Trip' one more year......F'M
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:48:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Next year, don't invite her and she won't come.  My wife's cousin and I got into it after she made my wife cry one day over the phone.  I got into my car, drove over to her apartment and asked for the key to my house back (which she had to mooch free laundry and tv privileges).  After she gave it back, I told her she was no longer welcome in my home and to never upset her cousin (my wife) again by being cruel to her over the telephone.

No threats, no raised voices, no immature snide digs, just straight up communication.  

She moved out of town 3 weeks later and I haven't spoken or seen her since.  It's been 8 years now and her own mother and family have turned against her because of her constant whining, self-pitying, annoying characteristics.  It took someone from outside the family to say, "you are really unpleasant to be around" and after that, I don't think anyone cares if they see her again.  Last I heard, she was really trash talking me to the other family members but nobody cares because they all hate her so much.

I think you are in the same boat.  Are you going to be mature enough to do what needs to be done?  I'll pray that you are, cause I can't stand people that make others feel guilty and miserable for no reason, life is already hard enough.  Like you said, everyone around that Christmas tree has already busted their humps trying to get nice gifts for eachother, why allow someone to ruin it?  
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:16:40 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Merry f'ing christmas.

No, she won't. College is where they finish the indoctrination process, and is then brought into the workplace because nobody wants to be the one who stands out in the workplace and shits on what they were told in college.

Dave
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:25:31 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

And then he left.

Merry f'ing christmas.

Draw down Seriously, if that were my sibling, I would take them to the side and have one hell of a heart to heart chat with them.  My brother occasionally says/does stupid shit, and I'm always there to "correct" (call bullshit) on dumb things he says/does.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:26:33 AM EDT
[#48]
College, liberal mind control!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:27:44 AM EDT
[#49]
I guessin' she has hairy armpits and doesn't shave her legs.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:27:56 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
mexico? wow, that is funny. people are so more enlightened in mexico. awesome. they have a habit of being selfless and watching out for their neighbor. why, it wasnt but a few years ago, apparently someone willingly decided to give more than just their time and some money. a man and woman coming across the border from juarez went thru the free bridge( coming into elpaso,tx)and they had a little girl on the backseat sleeping. one of the officers asked if the girl was alright, the couple said she was sleeping. the officer told them to wake the little girl up. well, the girl couldnt wake up, cause she had been cut open and filled with drugs and sewn back up to be able to cross the border slick style.

Where's 22bad when you need him ?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top