BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:25:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Plausible deniability.

"We set him free" will be the phrase Germany and Lebanon give to their Islamic populaces.  Just as quickly as Lebanon picked him up upon landing, he was "picked up" upon release by the Lebanese.

If it's an "unofficial" pickup, all the better.  Then he'll miraculously appear before a judge in the States.

I bet Dog the Bounty Hunter got him.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:34:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
<snip>
By the way, given the apparent dislike of this board for Middle-Easterners who execute servicemen and get away without extradition, is there any chance that the US will extradite Ali Bazi from Detroit to Ireland for the executions of two of their soldiers in 1980? The Irish have been asking for a few years now...

<snip>

Who is Ali Bazi? I cannot find anything on the guy.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:45:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I wish that it had never been reported that he'd been picked up again. Can't there be some organization around that can just make him disappear, permanently, without anything ever being heard of it? That sounds Hollywood I know, but the more that bastard appears in the news the more he will become a martyr to the terrorist zealots.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:04:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>
By the way, given the apparent dislike of this board for Middle-Easterners who execute servicemen and get away without extradition, is there any chance that the US will extradite Ali Bazi from Detroit to Ireland for the executions of two of their soldiers in 1980? The Irish have been asking for a few years now...

<snip>

Believe it may be Mohammed Bazi, naturalized US citizen, from Lebanon, reportedly in Dearborn. Derek Smallhorne and Thomas Barrett were the two Irish soldiers killed in 1980.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:04:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

His brother was killed in a firefight with UN troops in the town of At Tiri in 1980. He took it personally, got a gang of friends together and captured, if memory serves, three Irish soldiers. He executed two, the third was wounded whilst making a break for it.

In the mid -80s, he moved to the US. All attempts to extradite him (Including one after the post 9/11 legislation) have failed. Primarily a matter of jurisdiction, I believe. He committed his crime in the Lebanon, the argument goes that the Irish have no jurisdiction there. (Which differs from the Hamadi case how?)

It's considered something of a sore, if not-well-known point in the appropriate Irish circles, and may be part of the reason most recent extraditrion requests from Ireland to the US have been denied. (At least the ones where death penalties are not concerned).

[ETA: Mohammed Bazi, seems to be the same chap. Irish newspaper article called him 'Ali', might use his middle name on occasion I guess?]

NTM
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:08:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure, we'll send them the body and they can bury it, cremate it, or sit it up in a comfy recliner with a bottle of scotch and a fine cuban cigar.  As long as that motherfu**er is dead I don't care who gets his cold, dead corpse.

i care who. i need to take a big shit right now.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:13:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I had a feeling he'd be dead or caught again very soon...this is great news.

HH

I'll give up my tax return for a dvd of his execution. I wacthed that mother fucker kill our sailer on tv when i was 12.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top