Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:20:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I stuffed a hemp shirt in my bong and it soaked up all the water.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:21:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Paper the Constitution is written on is HEMP!

Where do people come up with this crap?

The Declaration and the Constitution were written on PARCHMENT, which is actually a very thin leather.

ANYTHING that increases the possibility to be able to spark up a doobie is what your average pothead believes.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:45:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I really don't give a shit about the plant itself.

I just have a deep, burning hatred for the stinky, unwashed, barefoot, unemployed, scraggly idiots who troll AR15.com asking about hemp.

Don't worry. They exist only in your own mind, like fairies and gnomes. The gnomes will get you, though.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:46:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hate the patchouli smelling grubwads that seem to be the only ones interested in promoting it.

Actually I am not a patchouli smelling grubwad and if hemp were to be used for fiber it would put me out of a job (Forester)

Sshhhh... you'll bring unkempt1 and wolfman97 in here with wild conspiracy talk about decoricator patents and the wood paper mill monopoly.

You obviously don't have a clue what you are talking about because you have never read my opinion on the subject. But don't let that stop you from saying something stupid.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:02:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hate the patchouli smelling grubwads that seem to be the only ones interested in promoting it.

Actually I am not a patchouli smelling grubwad and if hemp were to be used for fiber it would put me out of a job (Forester)

Sshhhh... you'll bring unkempt1 and wolfman97 in here with wild conspiracy talk about decoricator patents and the wood paper mill monopoly.

You obviously don't have a clue what you are talking about because you have never read my opinion on the subject. But don't let that stop you from saying something stupid.

Sure I've read your opinion on the subject because I've read nearly every pro-legalization document that exists. The Emperor Wears No Clothes? Ring a bell?

Unless your opinion somehow differs from decriminalization lobby's -- which so far it hasn't.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:08:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I don't care about legalizing industrial hemp, however think people who use the benefits of IH to springboard into how marijuana should be legalized are idiots.

Preach on.  I hate pot-smoking hippie fucks.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:15:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sure I've read your opinion on the subject because I've read nearly every pro-legalization document that exists. The Emperor Wears No Clothes? Ring a bell?

Yeah. I am good friends with both of the authors of that book. Just FYI, that doesn't represent every pro-legalization document by a long shot.

Unless your opinion somehow differs from decriminalization lobby's -- which so far it hasn't.

Well, there you go. Another mistake on your part. First, you obviously don't know what my opinion is on the Emperor book, and second, you don't seem to know where I stand in the decriminalization lobby.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:16:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't care about legalizing industrial hemp, however think people who use the benefits of IH to springboard into how marijuana should be legalized are idiots.

Thanks for demonstrating your great ability to think.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:16:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I like these hemp/pot/legalize threads, because it brings out all the DU trolls like cockroaches from the woodwork.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:19:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I think they bring out the libertarians (or those in deep denial that they are libiterian).
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:19:27 AM EDT
[#11]
From a earth friendly standpoint, Hemp could actually do us alot of good. It could also reduce our dependance on dyno oil. Hemp makes a much better grade of paper than wood pulp and grows much much faster. The seeds also contain oil that can be refined into fuel. Forget the hippie toke a dube crap and focus on the facts.
In the 70's, two of the major supporters of keeping industrial hemp illegal were the oil companies and paper mills. The paper mills own millions of acres of pine forest that would become much less valuable if average joe with 20 acres could grow industrial hemp for making paper. Remember the "Killer weed" propoganda? Yup, funded largly by the paper companies.

The above is what I've been told, if anyone knows differently please correct me.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:20:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I like these hemp/pot/legalize threads, because it brings out all the DU trolls like cockroaches from the woodwork.

Another one demonstrating his great ability to think. Never been to DU myself, not even to look. How about you?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:46:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
From a earth friendly standpoint, Hemp could actually do us alot of good. It could also reduce our dependance on dyno oil. Hemp makes a much better grade of paper than wood pulp and grows much much faster. The seeds also contain oil that can be refined into fuel. Forget the hippie toke a dube crap and focus on the facts.

FYI, two of the major supporters of keeping industrial hemp illegal were the oil companies and paper mills. The paper mills own millions of acres of pine forest that would become much less valuable if average joe with 20 acres could grow industrial hemp for making paper.

The above is what I've been told, if anyone knows differently please correct me.

I was waiting for this to come up -- and obviously there are some ignorant folks here who figured that this was my opinion, too. (Not bashing you, just the ignorant folks here who assumed my opinion on something when I had not even stated it.)

But let's address the historical issues. Just to review the facts for those who may not be up to date. This theory was advanced in the Emperor Wears No Clothes by Jack Herer.  This is an interesting book that compiled a whole bunch of research about the uses of hemp. Lots of interesting stuff there whether you believe this theory or not.

The theory is that hemp was outlawed as a result of a conspiracy between Harry Anslinger (then head of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics), William Randolph Hearst, and the DuPonts. The theory goes that outlawing hemp was in all their interests, so they collaborated to put it across. For Anslinger, the advantage was bureaucratic empire building. For Hearst, it was supposedly a competitor for paper-making to his forestry interests. For DuPont, it was supposedly a competitor to their synthetic fiber business.

One thing that argues in favor of the conspiracy is that the entire passage of law seemed to be somewhat conspiratorial. Most of the people who would have been interested in the law (hemp growers, doctors, etc.) weren't told about the planned law until shortly before it was offered to Congress. The AMA, for example, was only notified about the hearings two days before they happened. There was reason they didn't want the AMA to participate in the hearings -- the AMA stated quite clearly that they knew of no evidence that marijuana was a dangerous drug and, therefore, no reason for the law. In response, the AMA was basically told to shut up and go home.

Another thing that argues in favor of the conspiracy was the fact that Anslinger was related to the DuPonts and related families by marriage.

Beyond that, there is no documentary evidence that the conspiracy happened. No one has ever found a letter from any of these parties to the other saying "Let's ban hemp and make some more money."

Also, hemp was not a major crop at the time and there was no particular reason to believe it would be any time soon. Yes, they had built a power decorticator that should have greatly improved hemp processing. But hemp requires a lot of work to process even without the decorticator. For example, it must go through a drying process in the field. The decorticator had been tried but had generally been a failure for a number of reasons -- primarily because farmers didn't seem to understand how to properly use it. In addition, a report done for Anslinger during the period showed that there were still large amounts of unsold hemp in warehouses from earlier crops.

Another thing that argues against the conspiracy is the fact that hemp fiber simply isn't much of a competitor to synthetic fibers. No woman of that era was going to want hemp stockings instead of nylon stockings. There would have been a big market for DuPont's synthetic fibers even if hemp had been a major crop -- which it wasn't.

As for Hearst, I think his participation can be explained by simple greed. Sensational headlines sell newspapers and he could make sensational headlines out of marijuana.

You can make fuel from hemp but there isn't much evidence that it will put the oil industry out of business. One expert I read estimated that, in order to meet our current energy needs, we would have to devote about 97% of our land to growing biofuels.

Also, hemp is probably not the best choice for biofuels, anyway. The reason is that it is a big, tough plant that is hard to process. Biofuels do better with something more like ordinary lawn grass that can be harvested continuously and is pretty manageable when it is harvested. You can make a good fuel from hemp seed, but it would be pretty inefficient to grow all those big plants just for the seeds.  The most efficient use of biofuels would be to simply burn them to produce energy right next to the field where they are grown. But, in the case of hemp, that would require energy production plants to be placed next to the fields, and those plants would be used only once a year at harvest time.

Bottom line, hemp is not going to be any more than a partial answer to energy issues, at best.

Even if you assume there was such a conspiracy, it would not explain the fact that marijuana was already illegal in most states by the time Anslinger came along (1930).

The best explanation, IMO, is bureaucratic empire building by Anslinger, coupled with the same kind of widespread public ignorance and nonsense that you can see posted in any of these threads any time the subject comes up.

As usual, I have a ton of original historical documentation and other research that I can refer people to if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:51:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Why do so many people hate hemp?  

Ignorance, propaganda   ---
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I stuffed a hemp shirt in my bong and it soaked up all the water.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:59:55 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I actually went shooting with unkempt1 2 weeks ago.  He is a pretty good guy.  He doesn't even look like a hippy at all-even drives a gas guzzling pickup.

So much for their broad brush huh?

LMAOROTF
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:15:03 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just have a deep, burning hatred for the stinky, unwashed, barefoot, unemployed, scraggly idiots who troll AR15.com asking about hemp.

Kind of like people who have a burning hatred for guns without knowing any facts about them?

Nowhere near the same thing.  Nice try .

sorry to be the one to inform you , but that is EXACTLY the same thing.

I have quite good personal hygene thanks

I have many pairs of shoes including 3 pairs of work boots and 2 of those uncomfortable black POS dress shoes they make me were once or twice a month for meetings

I make $42,000 a year

I have a better idea on this subject and the users than you do as well apparently.

Just as the anti gunners, you tend to lump everyone into the same pile.

IE: from (some) gun owners
A Pot smoker is worthless to society, I don't see any reason for them to be able to smoke pot, so no one should do it.

from the libs you have become:
right wing nuts with guns are worthless to society. guns cause death,I don't own guns so noone should have one

there is no logical reasoning behind either, but yet somehow you fail to see the parallels, and use lib arguments to make your point.

the only thing I can pin it on is denial.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:26:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kind of like people who have a burning hatred for guns without knowing any facts about them?

I have many pairs of shoes including 3 pairs of work boots and 2 of those uncomfortable black POS dress shoes they make me were once or twice a month for meetings

I make $42,000 a year

I have a better idea on this subject and the users than you do as well apparently.

A Pot smoker is worthless to society, I don't see any reason for them to be able to smoke pot, so no one should do it.

right wing nuts with guns are worthless to society. guns cause death,I don't own guns so noone should have one

there is no logical reasoning behind either, but yet somehow you fail to see the parallels, and use lib arguments to make your point.

They seem to have assumed that I am an unemployed pot-smoking hippie, too. (A terribly wrong assumption, of course, which is a good demonstration of bigotry for anyone who actually knows me.)  I wonder how many of these clowns consistently make over $100,000 a year like I do?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:35:12 AM EDT
[#19]
I didn't assume you were unemployed, and I really don't care how much money you make or how many shoes you have.  Never even crossed my mind.

BTW: Lots of druggies and hippies drive pickups.  This is Texas. It's the official state vehicle.

I WILL consider, based on a preponderance of the evidence, that you are either a whacknut or have an agenda.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:36:18 AM EDT
[#20]

double tapped the post.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:38:44 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have many pairs of shoes including 3 pairs of work boots and 2 of those uncomfortable black POS dress shoes they make me wear once or twice a month for meetings

I make $42,000 a year

They seem to have assumed that I am an unemployed pot-smoking hippie, too. (A terribly wrong assumption, of course, which is a good demonstration of bigotry for anyone who actually knows me.)  I wonder how many of these clowns consistently make over $100,000 a year like I do?

easier to shit on you than it is for them to think about how liberalesq their arguments are.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:38:57 AM EDT
[#22]
BTW: Unkempt.  Almost 16 posts a DAY?  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:39:46 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I didn't assume you were unemployed, and I really don't care how much money you make or how many shoes you have.  Never even crossed my mind.

BTW: Lots of druggies and hippies drive pickups.  This is Texas. It's the official state vehicle.

I WILL consider, based on a preponderance of the evidence, that you are either a whacknut or have an agenda.  

I do have an agenda: freedom

what is it your agenda is?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:39:59 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

That is my fault.  I told him he needed to hangout in the GD more.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:41:52 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

So?

I work at home, what are you jealous?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:43:48 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is my fault.  I told him he needed to hangout in the GD more.

and I don't just post in the GD either.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:46:15 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

unkempt1 isn't a whacknut though he does have an agenda, which EVERYONE on arfcom has.  The fact is all of us arfommers are a little different  The fact is if you met him at the range you probably would think he was average joe gun owner.

Funny story.  unkempt1 lives a few miles from me and posted in the hometown forum and was looking to go shooting.  I am always up to shooting and meeting any and every arfcommer no matter what disagreements that I may have.  unkempt1 told me that he would be in a bright yellow GMC pickup.  Not too common right? Well comming up the road to the range was this bright yellow GMC pickup.  The driver got out and looked like Tommy Chong.  Well as this guy was getting out I went up to him shook his hand and said "Hey man, nice to meet you"  The guy looked at me like I was crazy.  Suddenly another bright yellow GMC showed up and that was unkepmt1 who looked nothing like Tommy Chong.  After all of these pot threads I am more amused by that story now than I was before.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:49:34 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I make $42,000 a year

I used to cover the police beat (photojournalist), I have a pretty good idea of the subject.  Houston, Galveston, most of East Texas, seen lots of stuff I wish I could forget.  

If you are one of the rare functional drug users, bully for you.  

My original point is that jquillen1985 is a troll.  Plain and simple.  Skip a couple nickel bags, use the money to pony up for a membership and do a search.  Pretty funny that guys who claim to make big money can't cough up $24.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:50:02 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

<snip>

Funny story.  unkempt1 lives a few miles from me and posted in the hometown forum and was looking to go shooting.  I am always up to shooting and meeting any and every arfcommer no matter what disagreements that I may have.  unkempt1 told me that he would be in a bright yellow GMC pickup.  Not too common right? Well comming up the road to the range was this bright yellow GMC pickup.  The driver got out and looked like Tommy Chong.  Well as this guy was getting out I went up to him shook his hand and said "Hey man, nice to meet you"  The guy looked at me like I was crazy.  Suddenly another bright yellow GMC showed up and that was unkepmt1 who looked nothing like Tommy Chong.  After all of these pot threads I am more amused by that story now than I was before.

Now THAT'S funny... I don't care who you are.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:51:33 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

unkempt1 isn't a whacknut though he does have an agenda, which EVERYONE on arfcom has.  The fact is all of us arfommers are a little different  The fact is if you met him at the range you probably would think he was average joe gun owner.

LMAO.  who would have thought 2 yellow GMC trucks in that little area.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:56:30 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
An arguement about hippies is about as strong as an arguement about guns, but that's neither here nor there.  It sounds like many of you want hemp to remain illegal just because hippies smoke marijuana.  What's going on here?  And like people have said before, prohibition on anything, anything at all, creates a dangerous black market and drives up the prices for legal alternatives(see guns).

I don't care if hemp remains illegal or not.  It just doesn't matter to me.

But I think hippies should be illegal.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:57:24 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I make $42,000 a year

I used to cover the police beat (photojournalist), I have a pretty good idea of the subject.  Houston, Galveston, most of East Texas, seen lots of stuff I wish I could forget.  

My original point is that jquillen1985 is a troll.  Plain and simple.  Skip a couple nickel bags, use the money to pony up for a membership and do a search.  Pretty funny that guys who claim to make big money can't cough up $24.

I make good money and $24 is still a chunk of change here. (3 cars, house, etc) not as bad as to some, but I don't think a paid membership is a precursor for posting their own opinions or makes them a troll.

It sounds to me like you just got jaded by "bad things happening" and somehow think ALL of them are like that.

willing to go one further,  most of what you saw was not for pot, but the $$$ involved in its illegality or other drugs we aren't really discussing .

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:14:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:20:55 AM EDT
[#34]
I hate it because smelly hippies like YOU like it so much.
You want to wear clothes made out of hemp?
Knock yourself out, but you aren't fooling anyone.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:22:52 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

If you go dumpster diving then you tend to think the whole world is full of garbage.

Even the DEA admits that the vast majority of illegal drug users are gainfully employed adults.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:23:27 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
One reason is the spokespeople for hemp.

That's absolutely what came into my mind as soon as I read the thread title: People object to it because of the vomitous mass of sledgehammered assholes they see protesting for its legalization.

So you are saying that you never really met very many of them.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:34:28 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
People object to it because of the vomitous mass of sledgehammered assholes they see protesting for its legalization.

Come on!  Like Joe Rogan?  Montel Williams?

I can see how someone might not care for Governor Gary Johnson, but is it even possible to dislike Tommy Chong?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:38:14 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
People object to it because of the vomitous mass of sledgehammered assholes they see protesting for its legalization.

I can see how someone might not care for Governor Gary Johnson, but is it even possible to dislike Tommy Chong?

Not to mention George Schulz, William F. Buckley, numerous Federal Judges, Judge Volney Brown (Nixon's top drug enforcer in the Southwest), Judge James P. Gray (once prosecuted the largest heroin case on record), etc., etc., etc.

And there is an organization of LEOs devoted to the subject www.leap.cc
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:56:59 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We have an AF reservist (I work for the USAF Reserves) who is a Federal Marshal and he was one of the guys who arrested Tommy Chong.  He though it was waste of damn taxpayer resources to go after him.

Personally, I think Marijuana should be legalized BUT if one decides to use it and drive/operate heavy equipement they should be prosecuted as they are threat to life and property.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:23:53 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
We have an AF reservist (I work for the USAF Reserves) who is a Federal Marshal and he was one of the guys who arrested Tommy Chong.  He though it was waste of damn taxpayer resources to go after him.

Sad thing about that was that if he wouldn't have taken the fed plea for prison time they presented him, they were going to put his wife and son in instead.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:26:12 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Personally, I think Marijuana should be legalized BUT if one decides to use it and drive/operate heavy equipement they should be prosecuted as they are threat to life and property.

All for glass bong sales.

Not even for pot.

Glass.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Hemp is a noxious weed.  Sure, bring it back as a fiber crop but you will need a LOT of herbicide to keep it on the field.  It is worse than ragweeds because birds carry the seeds.

There are MUCH better fiber crops.  Hemp paper?  Needs lots of bleaching to make a product comparable to FARMED trees.  Hemp clothing?  The lowest quality fabrics.  Hemp rope?  Weak and short lived.  Hemp oil?  A low quality oil with minimal yield per acre.

We live in a world of specialization agriculture.  Hemp does no task with any superiority, therefore its clutivation was far out of favor BEFORE the Harrison Act.

Gee, some of you should just lay off the pipe.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Actually, in our colonial days, farmers were required to grow hemp by law. It was the major crop at Mount Vernon and a secondary crop at Monticello.

So, yeah, I think they would be pretty surprised and shocked to learn that it is now illegal.

Wasn't talking about legalizing hemp, I know it was a staple crop in the past.

I mentioned the butchered, overused pothead logic of "hemp = marijuana, when it helps my cause" when stating "the constitution was written on marijuana-paper, so they must have wanted it to be legal!!"

I should have been a little more specific, since I've heard this several times. I should have said "the constitution was written on marijuana-paper, so they must have wanted marijuana to be legal!!" as it would have more accurately reflected the warped thought-process of some of the stoners trying to justify themselves.

I think the founding fathers would be surprised that any form of cannabis is now illegal.

People make stupid arguments for all sorts of things. The best argument is a simple one: Prohibition does more harm than good.

I think the founding fathers would be suprised that any form of tobacco is nearly illegal.

Etc.

you can apply this sentance "I think the founding fathers would be suprised that......" to nearly ANYTHING nowadays...it does not make the arguement stable, because we don't know what would have suprised them, we only know what they thought about when the WROTE about it.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:42:07 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No doubt. Let's hear what they have to say about Montel Williams smoking pot.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:42:34 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Actually, in our colonial days, farmers were required to grow hemp by law. It was the major crop at Mount Vernon and a secondary crop at Monticello.

So, yeah, I think they would be pretty surprised and shocked to learn that it is now illegal.

Wasn't talking about legalizing hemp, I know it was a staple crop in the past.

I mentioned the butchered, overused pothead logic of "hemp = marijuana, when it helps my cause" when stating "the constitution was written on marijuana-paper, so they must have wanted it to be legal!!"

I should have been a little more specific, since I've heard this several times. I should have said "the constitution was written on marijuana-paper, so they must have wanted marijuana to be legal!!" as it would have more accurately reflected the warped thought-process of some of the stoners trying to justify themselves.

I think the founding fathers would be surprised that any form of cannabis is now illegal.

People make stupid arguments for all sorts of things. The best argument is a simple one: Prohibition does more harm than good.

+1, in reality, it doesn't matter.  There will always be drug users.  As much as I don't like them or their behavior, they aren't simply going to go away, no matter what we do.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:43:09 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for demonstrating your great ability to think.

If you want to legalize weed, good for you.  Just don't try to cloak your efforts in the guise of promoting "hemp" for industrial purposes.  

Show me an organization that promotes industrial hemp use and decries the use of pot for recreational purposes.  Maybe such a group exists but I have no reason to believe in them any more than the Easter bunny.

I've seen drug use harm too many friends and family.  I have no tolerance for it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:44:36 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

If you want to legalize weed, good for you.  Just don't try to cloak your efforts in the guise of promoting "hemp" for industrial purposes.  

And for the love of all that is holy, DO NOT pretend you are in any way defending the Second Amendment.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:44:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Just breed out the THC and industrialize the plant.  It's the best of both worlds.  We get to use the fiber and get to see what happens to someone sucking on a bong full of parsley.

"Dude, I smoked a pound of that shit and all I got was a headache."  "Hey asshole, my mom was gonna make me a sweater outta that stuff."
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:45:53 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<snip>

Now THAT'S funny... I don't care who you are.

Right. He looked more like CHeech.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:51:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Ok.  Four pages so far, and it still seems like the antis are going for the I hate hippies arguement and nothing more.  The vast majority of people who want industrial hemp are farmers because it's so easy to grow and take care of and has so many uses.  All this "you just want it legalized so you can smoke weed all day" arguement really makes little sense when industrial hemp is impossible to smoke to any effect due to the trace amounts of THC.  Just another emotional knee jerk reaction to a non-issue(see guns . . again).

ETA: To the guy who said hemps just a weed, you're pretty much right.  The vast majority of marijuana eradication (~99%) goes to spending hundreds of millions of dollars cutting down hemp that grows naturally on the side of the road.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top