Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 1:29:05 PM EDT
Indianapolis Police Officer Wounds Robbery Suspect

ASSOCIATED PRESS

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- A police officer shot and wounded a robbery suspect late Wednesday when they exchanged gunfire at an adult video store, police said.

The robbery suspect, identified as Antonio Edmonds, 23, was taken to Wishard Memorial Hospital where he was in critical condition Thursday morning, police said.

Officer Jamal Abdulla, responding to a report of a silent alarm shortly after 11 p.m. at the Keystone Video and Newsstand on the city's north side, confronted the suspect just inside the entrance, said Indianapolis Police Dept. Lt. Lloyd Crowe.

Edmonds was holding a store clerk at gunpoint, Crowe said.

Abdulla fired after ordering Edmonds to drop his weapon
, Crowe said.

Edmonds has been charged with robbery and confinement.

Good shooting Jamal!

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Too bad he didn't finish the job.  Why'd he even bother ordering him to put down his weapon?

The guy is scum who's going to waste taxpayer dollars in jail and come back out and do it again.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:42:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Too bad he didn't finish the job.  Why'd he even bother ordering him to put down his weapon?

The guy is scum who's going to waste taxpayer dollars in jail and come back out and do it again.

I'd imagine he told him to put it down so he could justify his actions to some attorney this scumbag hires to sue Officer Jamal, or to this scumbag's family.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:01:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted: Good shooting Jamal!
Next time go for a kill shot!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:22:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Excellent, one less BG to worry about.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:23:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Good shoot.

Shame the officer didn't double tap to make sure.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:27:55 AM EDT
[#6]
You know, the nightmare in any of these situations is the backstop. You don't have to shoot very wide to hit a bystander. I hope I never have to pull the trigger on a BG, but if I do, I pray that I see and account for everybody I don't want to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:54:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You know, the nightmare in any of these situations is the backstop. You don't have to shoot very wide to hit a bystander...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=380033
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:05:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Must have thought he was a dog.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top