Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:04:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm just a heartless asshole
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:07:08 AM EDT
[#2]
BAN HER !!!!

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:07:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Insert tasteless, offensive, politically incorrect and yet fiercely patriotic sigline here.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:08:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
...Not all women are evil...

That's a bold assertion there, young lady!  Where's the proof?!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:10:32 AM EDT
[#5]

You forgot this one:  "Try not to fall head over heals for female members who are not only super hot but actually demonstrate considerable wit, a keen intellect and independent thought."

You'll need that rule out there, given that your post will most likely generate a marriage proposal or three in addition to the usual flames.  

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:14:52 AM EDT
[#6]
You had me at "DEFEND YOUR POSITION."

ETA:  Well put Miss Magnum.  You go girl!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:16:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You forgot this one:  "Try not to fall head over heals for female members who are not only super hot but actually demonstrate considerable wit, a keen intellect and independent thought."

You'll need that rule out there, given that your post will most likely generate a marriage proposal or three in addition to the usual flames.  

Well said.  I for one, agree with Miss Magnum.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:16:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If someone calls you out for having an opinion on the internet, DEFEND YOUR POSITION.  Crying to a mod about getting called a name just provides justification for the name you were called in the first place.  

Not everyone is out to get you!  Not all women are evil.  Not all men are assholes.  Not all people cheat.  If you find that YOUR partners are evil, assholes and/or cheat, consider the common denominator..... YOU.  Get your picker fixed.  

If someone is rude or stupid in your eyes, IT'S NOT PERSONAL.  They are probably having a bad day or are thinking about something totally unrelated to YOUR wants or needs.  Just because someone works in customer service does not mean they don't have bad days.  The next time someone is rude to you and you feel it is unwarranted, try being a decent human being and asking them if they are having a bad day.  I would be willing to be the answer is yes, it has NOTHING to do with you and by exhibiting a little decency to another person you may make that person's day a little better by sympathizing and they may make your life a little easier by being more willing to comply with your request.

Life is good.  Learn to count your blessings.  Find joy in the little things.  This life is not about what you acquire... it's about the relationships you have and build with other PEOPLE and the memories that you create.

If you don't like your life, imagine the life you'd like to have and work towards it.  

That is all.....

Can't you post some pics to go with this?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:16:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:17:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Sometimes people who act stupid or rude really are stupid or rude.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:18:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:21:38 AM EDT
[#12]
your just making fun of me! whaaaaa....
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:23:14 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
your just making fun of me! whaaaaa....

You're right... I think you should tell on her, maybe get her BANNED!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:25:57 AM EDT
[#14]
As long as I have an speedy internet connection, something grilling on the bbq and a cold beer, it's a good day!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:25:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sometimes people who act stupid or rude really are stupid or rude.

And on your bad days that includes YOU.  

True enough.  But usually the scuffles I get into here are caused by trying to argue with degenerate Christians, which is futile.

back at you.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:27:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
...Not all women are evil...

That's a bold assertion there, young lady!  Where's the proof?!

I think if a woman knows what true power she does possess then she has the POTENTIAL to be evil....

... but if she has integrity she uses her power for good.  

but if a man is smart he will afford her no more power than he also has because power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:28:55 AM EDT
[#17]
I move to have this thread locked, and the author of the thread banned for all time.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:31:16 AM EDT
[#18]
"Having a bad day" is contagious.

Maybe we need a smilie for it, somewhere between and
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:34:25 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I think if a woman knows what true power she does possess then she has the POTENTIAL to be evil....

... but if she has integrity she uses her power for good.  

Hmmm...quite true.  If you notice in the "bus driver beat down" thread, the kid in question is performing his antics apparently trying to show off for the girl sitting behind him.  The kid is already being controlled like a monkey on a leash and he doesn't even know it!*  The female in question is, even at that tender age, sharpening and honing her wiley feminine skills and guile!  Testosterone boy gets a beat down, embarrassed in public, and mucho trouble whereas the girl thinks, "Ahhh!  That was so easy!  On to bigger and wealthier prey!"
*Alas, he only as 30-35 years to go before he realizes what a sap he's been!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:40:25 AM EDT
[#20]
I think some of the most whiney people here are the ones that dish out the most criticism to others.

that is what i have witnessed.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:41:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:42:35 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The next time someone is rude to you and you feel it is unwarranted, try being a decent human being and asking them if they are having a bad day.

Insertscreenname: Backstop, you are one stupid m..... f.....!  Your mother must be a ..... for allowing you to live, and your father ...... ... .....!  

Backstop:  Excuse me Insertscreenname.  I notice a certain amount of hostility in your posts toward me, and I don't understand it.  Is it possible you're having a bad day?  I certainly would like to help you through your problems.  I think you need a hug.

I just don't see the above conversation happening.

Posted in good fun.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:45:17 AM EDT
[#23]
MM, a reasonable follow-up to your question is, "Does the arfcom CoC support (enable?) this attitude?"  You can probably guess my answer.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:45:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:48:56 AM EDT
[#25]
I ask rude people all the time, "Are you having a bad day?"  Then when they answer I usually respond, "Well it just got worse."
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:50:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:51:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:54:49 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
...when other people fail, in my eyes, to live up to their potential.  

That has to be the most sensitive, non-threatening insult I've ever read!  Sort of the "Mad Cow Disease" of insults:  5 years after you're told this you realize, "Hey, I was insulted!"

Like patting someone on the back and smacking them at the same time.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:58:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:01:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:09:27 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I'm just a heartless asshole

yes you are.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:15:39 AM EDT
[#32]
I don't really think I am overly sensitive, and not really a pessimist, but I might be a bit whiny.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#33]
As far as customer service goes, if you work in customer service and are truely meant to do that, then you know how to not let your bad day get to you.  Having worked in just that, I have never once snapped at a customer and was always happy and smiling regardless of the day I was having.  Made the day much better to know that I wasn't going to get complained about or make someone else mad while I was working.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

On the other hand, I understand that our public image being cleaned up is crucial to furthering our cause.  

We've been neutered, basically, to save ourselves.  

That's a profoundly accurate assesment of the last three years of ARFcom. Well said!

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:34:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:45:08 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Not all women are evil.  

Oh yes they are. I have it on my wife's authority that all women are evil. It's simply a matter of degree. From merely impish evil, to full on raging hellbeast evil.

I on the other hand, know for a fact that I am an Asshole.

GT
"You know what dude? You're kind of an asshole."
*me* Only kind of? I'll have to work harder at it then......
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:49:30 AM EDT
[#37]

Are the majority of arcommers overly-sensitive, whiny pessimists?

You're still mad about that 'size 4' thing, huh?

-arowner(thehun?)again

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Clean up on aisle 7, BAN HER!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:00:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Myself overly sensitive hell no!  Sometimes abrasive, yeah.  And as far as others having a bad day and taking it out on those not causing it, welll some people just need a punch in the throat.  You are right some people around here are to fucking whiney.  I am very direct if someone pisses me off I tell them, sort the issue their and am done with it then.  Good point though aboutpeople crying to the mods about someone calling them names, crying about what someone you will probably never meet in person says to you is just pointless.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:01:51 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
You'll notice disagreements among members are VERY monitored and locked down at the drop of a hat.

We've been neutered, basically, to save ourselves.  

I totally disagree with that.  If anything, there is MORE disagreement, and a greater variety of viewpoints on arfcom now than there ever has been before.

In my opinion, the only things that have been cracked down on are - (1) the personal attacks (which are completely unecessary in a disagreement) and (2) the juvenile bullshit from the more immature members.  I see this as an inevitable consequence of the massive growth of the site, not as a fundamental change or shift.

That said, I do AGREE with you that there are too many whiny bitches (almost exclusively of the male gender ) on the site now, who get their "feelings" hurt too easily, and resort to stupid personal attacks when they've got no argument.  But I don't see this overall "neutering" that you're seeing - and I've been here since the late 90s as well.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:02:22 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well said.  I for one, agree with Miss Magnum.

Me too!  Any thing you say cutie pie!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:03:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:39:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:49:39 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are the majority of arcommers overly-sensitive, whiny pessimists?

You're still mad about that 'size 4' thing, huh?

-arowner(thehun?)again

There's an old joke....

What's the difference between a bitch and a whore?  

A whore sleeps with everyone.  A bitch sleeps with everyone but YOU.

You, arowner, are the absolute EMBODIMENT of that joke.  I wish I had saved all of the IMs you've sent me over the years....  jab at me in public but plead forgiveness in private.  

As for the size four comment?  I have NEVER wanted to be a size four... if I were, I wouldn't be able to run a farm on my own.  I already know I'm in control of my weight... I happen to like having a healthy ass.  

Besides the contention with Eric wasn't about the size of his then girlfriend... it was the fact that he had, was and continues to chastise other's for behaviour he himself indulges in.  

But way to bring up past posts out of context and put me in my place.....

You're pitiful. I wish *I* had saved some of those IM's...you come here expecting EVERYONE to worship you , just because you have a pretty face. But...over the years? We've had maybe a half-dozen conversations.

Anyway, well, if the shoe fits, wear it...so which shoe are you wearing? You mentioned two fo them.....

You really should get over yourself. I wouldn't sleep with you if you were the last woman on earth. (I'm sure the feeling is mutual).

I remember the 'size 4' thing very well. You, moreso than most, LOVE to drag others down with you. Ah, yes, we've all seen your psoting style. You are a pious follower of the 'miss magnum school of religion'.

Well, some of us aren't impressed.

Come here and paint with your broad brush, and don't be surprised if some of us paint back.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:55:02 AM EDT
[#45]

"I'm only here for the drama..."
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:12:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Sounds like we need a celebrity death match here.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:13:32 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Sounds like we need a celebrity death match here.

Heck no!

I saw what she did to Wave - and he's a cop!

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:13:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:17:20 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You're pitiful. I wish *I* had saved some of those IM's...you come here expecting EVERYONE to worship you , just because you have a pretty face. But...over the years? We've had maybe a half-dozen conversations.

Anyway, well, if the shoe fits, wear it...so which shoe are you wearing? You mentioned two fo them.....

You really should get over yourself. I wouldn't sleep with you if you were the last woman on earth. (I'm sure the feeling is mutual).

A half dozen IM conversations that YOU initiated and ended up getting pissy over because I don't agree with you about relationships, women and how we should act.  And because when I disagree, you call me arrogant.  

As for me having a pretty face?  Thank you but that was not my doing... genetics, nothing more.  In fact, I was the chubby, dorky kid in high school who NEVER dated.  To be told later in life that people find me attractive has been a surprise.  And then, to have someone go further and say that I'm trying to get by on my looks?  That's really laughable to me.  

You've repeatedly told me to get over myself.  This is an insinuation that I think I'm better than you.  Not true.  I think I'm different than you.  Why you have to take it to some "I wouldn't sleep with you if you were the last woman on earth" level really makes me question YOUR internal dialogue concerning me.  

I remember the 'size 4' thing very well. You, moreso than most, LOVE to drag others down with you. Ah, yes, we've all seen your psoting style. You are a pious follower of the 'miss magnum school of religion'.

Where am I trying to drag them down to?  I'm not promiscous.  I'm not an alcholic.  I don't take drugs.  I earn an honest living.  I do volunteer work.  I take in stray and abused animals.  Please tell me what kind of scourge I am that I am somehow dragging other people down?  

Well, some of us aren't impressed.

Come here and paint with your broad brush, and don't be surprised if some of us paint back.

Good.  I'm glad you're not impressed.  Kind of proves my point.  

See, if I WERE trying to generate some sort of worship around here, don't you think I'd try to spout off what y'all would LIKE to hear?  Stuff about how y'all are so right, women ARE all evil.  

That animals should be killed because we are at the top of the food chain and we can, not only when we need to eat or eliminate a clearly defined problem.  

That I shouldn't be single because it somehow means that I am lacking or an inferior woman as opposed to a person who is content being single which is God's plan until the RIGHT person comes along.    

Hmmmm?

Sweetie, you're gonna have to slow that down some. Remember, I'm just a poor mouth-breathing knuckle-dragger, mmkay?

Now, explain to me where your being single or killing animals came into this conversation.

Or...don't.

It's probably a waste of your time.

And mine.

Have a nice day - but quit painting with the broad brush. It works both ways, y'know?

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:18:20 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
If someone calls you out for having an opinion on the internet, DEFEND YOUR POSITION.  Crying to a mod about getting called a name just provides justification for the name you were called in the first place.  

Not everyone is out to get you!  Not all women are evil.  Not all men are assholes.  Not all people cheat.  If you find that YOUR partners are evil, assholes and/or cheat, consider the common denominator..... YOU.  Get your picker fixed.  

If someone is rude or stupid in your eyes, IT'S NOT PERSONAL.  They are probably having a bad day or are thinking about something totally unrelated to YOUR wants or needs.  Just because someone works in customer service does not mean they don't have bad days.  The next time someone is rude to you and you feel it is unwarranted, try being a decent human being and asking them if they are having a bad day.  I would be willing to be the answer is yes, it has NOTHING to do with you and by exhibiting a little decency to another person you may make that person's day a little better by sympathizing and they may make your life a little easier by being more willing to comply with your request.

Life is good.  Learn to count your blessings.  Find joy in the little things.  This life is not about what you acquire... it's about the relationships you have and build with other PEOPLE and the memories that you create.

If you don't like your life, imagine the life you'd like to have and work towards it.  

That is all.....

Are you talkin to me?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top