BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:24:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quit making fun of me you mean mean lady.

or I'll tell.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:33:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sweetie, you're gonna have to slow that down some. Remember, I'm just a poor mouth-breathing knuckle-dragger, mmkay?

Now, explain to me where your being single or killing animals came into this conversation.

Or...don't.

It's probably a waste of your time.

And mine.

Have a nice day - but quit painting with the broad brush. It works both ways, y'know?

You start it.

I bring it.

You come back with this.  

Seriously, don't start something you can't back up.

And, YES, your post was specifically incendiary so don't get all mealy-mouthed about how you were just making a joke.....

What did I start? Have you read any of your OWN posts lately?

What do you mean, 'don't start something I can't back up'?

I didn't start anything - I just got in a  jab that was too easy to pass up - beacuse YOU came here painting with a wide brush. And NOW, YOU are getting overly sensitive. It's funny. YOu accuse everyone here (except yourself, of course) of being overly sensitive.......and now you're itching for a fight.

It's really kinda funny, in a sad sort of way.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:37:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:37:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:39:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I didn't start anything - I just got in a  jab that was too easy to pass up...

I'm going to let that statement just stand out by itself.......

Go ahead. You set yourself up. I couldn't resist.

Problem?

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#8]
*yawn*

Well, this was a waste.....

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:57:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:01:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hmmm... I start a thread.

You jump in with an admitted jab.

Insinuate but never fully elaborate what the hell your point is other than you claim I'm overly sensitive, fat and like painting.  

I think we are actually in agreement!  You've wasted your time.  

The point was this:

You said all arfcommers were overly sensitive.

I took a jab, expecting you to get overly sensitive about it. You did - thereby proving my point.

Of course...I guess that....makes you one of us.

(FWIW, that's not where I was trying to go with that...it just went there...)

Anyway, seriously, quit painting with the broad brush.

(and no, you're not fat. You just paint too much...just as you accused us of doing in your original post. )

(BTW, as for your original post, yes, I am fully aware that not all women are evil. After all, I had a grandma.........)
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:07:42 PM EDT
[#11]
STOP MAKING FUN OF ME! STOP IT! NOW! NOW! NOW! IT'S MY TURN! MINE! MINE! MINE! DON'T MAKE ME CALL BEERSLAYER! DON'T MAKE ME!

Who says ARFCOM peeps are whiney, pessimistic idiots?

Ben
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:19:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:22:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hmmm... I start a thread.

You jump in with an admitted jab.

Insinuate but never fully elaborate what the hell your point is other than you claim I'm overly sensitive, fat and like painting.  

I think we are actually in agreement!  You've wasted your time.  

The point was this:

I took a jab, expecting you to get overly sensitive about it. You did - thereby proving my point.

Of course...I guess that....makes you one of us.

(FWIW, that's not where I was trying to go with that...it just went there...)

Anyway, seriously, quit painting with the broad brush.

(and no, you're not fat. You just paint too much...just as you accused us of doing in your original post. )

(BTW, as for your original post, yes, I am fully aware that not all women are evil. After all, I had a grandma.........)

The whole size 4 thing was insinuating I was jealous that I was fat.  That WAS the original intent of ETH's statement and your subsequent post now.  

I was trying to ONCE AGAIN explain that it was not jealousy that motivated my responses in that thread oh so long ago.  

I don't think overly sensitive is the same as being frustrated over being misquoted.  

Quit being so overly sensitive.....
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:24:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:27:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
::shaking head::

Could you PUH-LEAZE go pull some other girl's pigtails?????

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:46:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I predict Miss_Magnum and arowneragain will soon be dating...

They certainly carry on like they have been for a while.

No I didn't.

Yes you did.

You started it.

No, you did.

You said it first.

No, you said it first.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:58:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:15:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I wouldn't put money on that.

I'm in love with someone else.  

Don't say that...it ruins our fantasies
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think some of the most whiney people here are the ones that dish out the most criticism to others.

that is what i have witnessed.

Ha ha.... I can't quite surmise if that's a dig at me or not.

I am admittedly a critical person.... with myself as well as others.  But I do try to do so in a way that is constructive.... not only point out destructive behaviour but suggest alternative, more positive ways to approach or deal with things.  

But somedays I fall short.  

Those are the days I try to recall to temper my responses when other people fail, in my eyes, to live up to their potential.  

It wasnt directed at you at all.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I am sorry. As I have tried to explain to you numerous times, we simply live to far apart for this to work.

Please, let it go. Live your life. Be happy.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:18:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

If you don't like your life, imagine the life you'd like to have and work towards it.  

That is all.....

I do, but you keep turning me down.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:17:10 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I wouldn't put money on that.

Don't say that...it ruins our fantasies

And across America, despondent ARFCOM guys head to the range to drown their sorrows in a pile of spent brass.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:19:07 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The point was this:

If you're scoring at home, chalk one up for arowneragain.  Well done.  [golfclap]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:41:27 AM EDT
[#24]
I will defend my opinions and positions, but I will not foolishly waste my time trying to insult  overly sensitive folks who want to argue for the heck of it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:42:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Hey MissMagnum,

Shut up and post pics.

j/k
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:56:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Size 4 = fat?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:04:00 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
But usually the scuffles I get into here are caused by trying to argue with degenerate Christians, which is futile.

When I get my Team Membership "Degenerate Christian"  is going under my avatar.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:47:47 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
But usually the scuffles I get into here are caused by trying to argue with degenerate Christians, which is futile.

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular garandman, but it's amazing what some people will volunteer for.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:51:41 AM EDT
[#29]
* Meanwhile in a motel along the Tennessee-Kentucky border, two cars pull up with ARFcom bumper stickers... a woman steps out of the car with KY plates, and a man gets out of his TN truck... an argument ensues, rising in volume until, just when it seems that fisticuffs are imminent, they embrace in a deep, passionate kiss, and race into one of the cottages, shedding their clothes along the way... *

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:03:49 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular garandman, but it's amazing what some people will volunteer for.

Your description is EXACTLY how Scripture describes me- Saved, and blessed by God's mercy,but still sinful. As you said it, a "degenerate Chrsitian."

On th other hand, Scripture describes you (from what I can tell, since you separate yourself from the label "CHRISTian" ) as a degenerate heathen,  awaiting the judgment of God.

Yet, God remains merciful, and calls you into His love and mercy.

I merely wish to acknowledge your accuracy and correctness in your description of me, and inform you of Scriptures description of you.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:21:58 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Your description is EXACTLY how Scripture describes me- Saved, and blessed by God's mercy,but still sinful. As you said it, a "degenerate Chrsitian."

On th other hand, Scripture describes you (from what I can tell, since you separate yourself from the label "CHRISTian" ) as a degenerate heathen,  awaiting the judgment of God.

I merely wish to acknowledge your accuracy and correctness in your description of me, and inform you of Scriptures description of you.

I love this country!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:22:44 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I love this country!

As do I!!!!

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:43:09 AM EDT
[#33]

Are the majority of arcommers overly-sensitive, whiny pessimists?

I'm offended by this post, I'm now crying about it and I don't think things are going to improve...
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:19:12 AM EDT
[#34]
"Are the majority of arcommers overly-sensitive, whiny pessimists?"

Hard to say, but I suspect that what is observed is that there is a growing number of very young folks posting on ARFCOM who have limited experience in life.   You provided good advice.    
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
As long as I have an speedy internet connection, something grilling on the bbq and a cold beer, it's a good day!

+1000
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:09:04 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
If someone calls you out for having an opinion on the internet, DEFEND YOUR POSITION.  Crying to a mod about getting called a name just provides justification for the name you were called in the first place.  

Not everyone is out to get you!  Not all women are evil.  Not all men are assholes.  Not all people cheat.  If you find that YOUR partners are evil, assholes and/or cheat, consider the common denominator..... YOU.  Get your picker fixed.  

If someone is rude or stupid in your eyes, IT'S NOT PERSONAL.  They are probably having a bad day or are thinking about something totally unrelated to YOUR wants or needs.  Just because someone works in customer service does not mean they don't have bad days.  The next time someone is rude to you and you feel it is unwarranted, try being a decent human being and asking them if they are having a bad day.  I would be willing to be the answer is yes, it has NOTHING to do with you and by exhibiting a little decency to another person you may make that person's day a little better by sympathizing and they may make your life a little easier by being more willing to comply with your request.

Life is good.  Learn to count your blessings.  Find joy in the little things.  This life is not about what you acquire... it's about the relationships you have and build with other PEOPLE and the memories that you create.

If you don't like your life, imagine the life you'd like to have and work towards it.

That is all.....

The words highlighted in red will be taped to my bathroom mirror.

Thanks, MM for helping keep everything in perspective. It seems like little reminders pop up right when you need them.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:11:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:15:00 AM EDT
[#38]

This life is not about what you acquire...
[size=hideously large] UNLESS IT'S A ROCKET LAUNCHER, AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE![/size=hideously large]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:45:07 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

This life is not about what you acquire...
[size=hideously large] UNLESS IT'S A ROCKET LAUNCHER, AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE![/size=hideously large]

I just want some sharks with feaking laser beams, OK?!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#40]
tagged to read later
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:35:12 PM EDT
[#41]
damn,  Miss_Magnum, wish you were our hometown moderator because you are so right...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top