Page / 2
Posted: 3/14/2005 4:05:35 AM EDT
What the hell is wrong with people?!?!

Long article here.
There may be some CNN pop-ups.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:07:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I have some serious doubts about what the hostage woman was saying last night.  The way she was talking and her story just seem fishy.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:20:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have some serious doubts about what the hostage woman was saying last night.  The way she was talking and her story just seem fishy.

I agree but I could not concentrate on what she was saying due to her eybrows... or lack thereof. Yeesh!

I always have to wonder about people who speak of their children yet don't have them... Where was her 5 year old?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:26:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree but I could not concentrate on what she was saying due to her eybrows... or lack thereof. Yeesh!

I always have to wonder about people who speak of their children yet don't have them... Where was her 5 year old?

I know!  Those eyebrows looked like semi-circles.  Those were not natural.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:30:16 AM EDT
[#4]
A simple case of one nut meets another.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:33:47 AM EDT
[#5]

For most of the day of the courthouse shootings, authorities in Georgia and surrounding states searched for a 1997 green Honda Accord that police say Nichols stole from an Atlanta newspaper reporter in a downtown parking garage.

The car was found late Friday night in the same garage, on a level below the spot where police say Nichols took it.

That's some kickass investigative work.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:37:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Would have been a better ending to the story if it had said

"angel of mercy wins over hostage taker, then beats him over head with
metal candlestick"

Essayons
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:38:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I can't believe she cooked him dinner!  I would have dumped e-lax and cayanne pepper in the eggs and called it "momma's secret ingredient"
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:38:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I think this was nothing more than the "Stockholm Syndrome".  He took her captive, tied her up and for some reason, she started to feel sorry for him.  Now, she is trying to make it seem like he is a good guy that got caught up in all of this.  

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:04:00 AM EDT
[#9]
LOL!

Quoted:

For most of the day of the courthouse shootings, authorities in Georgia and surrounding states searched for a 1997 green Honda Accord that police say Nichols stole from an Atlanta newspaper reporter in a downtown parking garage.

The car was found late Friday night in the same garage, on a level below the spot where police say Nichols took it.

That's some kickass investigative work.

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:06:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I smell a jailhouse wedding in the works.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:15:46 AM EDT
[#11]
He told her the reason for what he did was that he was a soldier.

I'm getting really tired of blacks using the soldier word.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:18:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

ummm......
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:19:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

kind of a strange response

I didn't find any reference to soldier in the article linked to, was he a soldier at some point?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:21:04 AM EDT
[#14]
On FOX news they said she has hired an attorney and is talking to people about a movie deal now.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:21:09 AM EDT
[#15]
It's a good thing she didn't say "What are you going to do, kill me?"
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:25:23 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm getting tired of hearing CNN call her a hero. Hero? WTF?

Real soldiers are war criminals and baby killers but sheeple and doped up, rapist, basketball players are heros?
Society truly has been turned upside down while the tail wags the dog. I just don't get it anymore.

I do find her believable though. Especially the part where she did the sheeple thing letting him take her hostage after she got out of her car, even knowing something wasn't right about him.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:25:43 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
On FOX news they said she has hired an attorney and is talking to people about a movie deal now.

Exploiting the pain and suffering of others has become the norm these days  
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:34:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Man, you guys sure are cynical.  I didn't see anything in the interview that suggested that she was trying to make him out as a good guy caught up in something. I don't see any jailhouse weddings. She is a widow with a 5 year old who did the best she could (and better than the majority of us) under a life threatening situation.

I thought she did a hell of a job of staying alive. She did exactly what a hostage should do to stay alive, she developed a rapport with the guy and talked him down.  

In the end she did the right thing and called the cops.  I firmly believe that she was primarily responsible for the guy giving up without a fight.  That, in my mind does make her a hero.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:38:33 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Man, you guys sure are cynical.  

I thought she did a hell of a job of staying alive. She did exactly what a hostage should do to stay alive, she developed a rapport with the guy and talked him down.  

In the end she did the right thing and called the cops.  I firmly believe that she was primarily responsible for the guy giving up without a fight.  That, in my mind does make her a hero.

Dude, she helped him get rid of the murdered guy's truck and took him back to her apt!

What The Fuck?!?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:40:20 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't find any reference to soldier in the article linked to, was he a soldier at some point?

Follow some of the links on the page I linked to. There are a few.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:43:03 AM EDT
[#21]
I think this thread will eventually need a poll.  I believe that Sun Tsu would be very impressed with her actions.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:48:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Man, you guys sure are cynical.  

Dude, she helped him get rid of the murdered guy's truck and took him back to her apt!

What The Fuck?!?
ByteTheBullet  (-:

She said she afraid that if she called the cops while they were driving she would risk being injured in the confrontation with the police if they tried to stop him.  If you think about it, taking him back to her apartment better contained the situation in a place where he felt comfortable and prevented a chase.   She coulda, woulda, shoulda done somthing else but she didn't.   I think she did an extrodinary job under the circumstances.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:48:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:51:19 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Follow some of the links on the page I linked to. There are a few.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

ahh thanks for the confirmation

ok so he was a soldier, now I am wondering why chokey doesn't like black people to use the soldier word...

can't wait to here this explanation

p.s. we need a hooded smiley face for all the racists who lurk on this board

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:52:00 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Speechless?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:55:46 AM EDT
[#26]
He never was a soldier.

And the reason I don't like black guys saying they are soldiers is because that aren't soldiers.  Its one of their new slang words to make them seem like they're tough. The first time I heard it was when Kellen Winslow II was acting like a moron in the locker room after one of his college games.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:56:53 AM EDT
[#27]
i hate murders..
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:02:23 AM EDT
[#28]
It'd be interesting to see how some of this thread's Rambolistas would have handled themselves in the same situation.  No, let's change that hypothetical:  It'd be interesting to see how the 26-yr-old wife or daughter of one of this thread's Rambolistas would have handled the situation.

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:10:00 AM EDT
[#29]
She did very well under the circumstances.  She even convinced the man to untie her and let her leave, where she subsequently called 911.  If she had Stockholm syndrome, she WOULD NOT have called 911 -- it was a ruse.  She outsmarted the bastard.

You armchair experts should back the heck off.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:12:46 AM EDT
[#30]
I think she did what she had to do to live and live on with her daughter.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:18:53 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
He never was a soldier.

And the reason I don't like black guys saying they are soldiers is because that aren't soldiers.  Its one of their new slang words to make them seem like they're tough. The first time I heard it was when Kellen Winslow II was acting like a moron in the locker room after one of his college games.

+1 on the soldier thing.  Only they call it "soldja"

G-Unit Special Forces, etc.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:25:05 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He never was a soldier.

+1 on the soldier thing.  Only they call it "soldja"

G-Unit Special Forces, etc.

It may have found its origin in the name of that female rap star from the 90's - Sista Soldjah.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:34:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:37:23 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

She said she afraid that if she called the cops while they were driving she would risk being injured in the confrontation with the police if they tried to stop him.  If you think about it, taking him back to her apartment better contained the situation in a place where he felt comfortable and prevented a chase.   She coulda, woulda, shoulda done somthing else but she didn't.   I think she did an extrodinary job under the circumstances.

After 6 a.m., Smith said she followed Nichols so he could hide Wilhelm's truck and then took him back to the apartment in her car. She said that Nichols did not bring any weapons on the trip, and that she had her cellular phone but did not call police.

Smith said Nichols was "overwhelmed" when she made him breakfast and that the two of them watched television coverage of the manhunt.

"I cannot believe that's me on there," Smith said Nichols told her.

"He told me, 'Look at me. Look at my eyes. I'm already dead,'" Smith said.

Smith said she told him that it was a "miracle" he had survived.

"You need to go to prison and share the word of God with all the prisoners there," Smith said she told Nichols.

Still having issues with this, sorry.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:45:25 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Yeah, that would have been bad.

vmax84
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:45:29 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:45:40 AM EDT
[#37]
OK, here is my thought.

Did she do the right thing? Yes
Is this an amazing story? also yes
Is she a "hero"?  yet to be seen

A hero is someone that acted in great danger to save a life(s). She did just that. But and this is a big but, if she makes a movie deal and keeps the money and runs she is no hero in my book. She should take the money and give it to the family of the vics of this ordeal or donate it for better training for officers. A true "hero" wouldn't take a dime for what he/she did.

Remember all of the men that ran into the towers? where is the movie deals from the ones that made it out alive? I haven't seen any movies from them. They are true heros!

Call me an armchair commando if you want I don't care. How would I have acted? Only GOD knows. This is just how I feel.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:46:04 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Yeah, that would have been bad.

vmax84
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:48:20 AM EDT
[#39]
sounds like a Patty Hurst
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:55:37 AM EDT
[#40]
I think she was getting to like this guy and was beginning to entertain the idea of a large serving of coal sausage.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:03:28 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Just because you have a MTV fetish and see a destiny's child video does not mean that every black person says it. How many black people have you seen today? Stop generalizing.

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:07:05 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
He never was a soldier.

You were still only half clear..I guess what you mean is that you don't like black guys who have never served claiming that they are "soldiers." From your original and subsequent posts black guys who are even active duty aren't even supposed to call themseleves soldiers
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:08:50 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exploiting the pain and suffering of others has become the norm these days  

I think that is the typical National Enquirer mentality of today, "Inquiring minds wants to know." She could stand to make some decent money on this incident.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:22:41 AM EDT
[#44]
It is pretty friggin obvious to most of us that by calling  himself  a "soldier", he was referring to the  struggle against "the system" or "the man" or whatever.  This is pure rationalzation just like the white supremisists use when referring to themselves.  Ie., a soldier in "the cause", whatever that may be.  

Somebody needs to get a clue.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:44:41 AM EDT
[#45]

She fucked him.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:38:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:44:43 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
 She fucked him.

asshat.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:07:57 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I can't believe she cooked him dinner!  I would have dumped e-lax and cayanne pepper in the eggs and called it "momma's secret ingredient"

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:21:19 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
She did very well under the circumstances.  She even convinced the man to untie her and let her leave, where she subsequently called 911.  If she had Stockholm syndrome, she WOULD NOT have called 911 -- it was a ruse.  She outsmarted the bastard.

You armchair experts should back the heck off.

+1,000,000!!!!!

patsue
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Many here are missing the point.  She was probaby out on a date...seeing how her husband had been MURDERED and died IN HER ARMS, its unlikely she had any romantic view of Nichols.  

Her daughter was probably at a babysitter.  Since she said she was going to visit her daughter, it could have been her in-laws/parents etc but she didn't trust Nichols enough to bring her daughter back home.  

She was absolutely brilliant under intense situation.   She seemed a bit liberal but since we do not know her tactical/defense background, we must give her credit in using excellent judgment.  I doubt she had the psychological stamina to use deadly force, given her experience with her husband.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top