Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#1]
You are very talented Cinci..but, I see green pee pee's w/ sacks too. Not sure of the cooch reference though..definite pee pee's.

I'm bettin' RG or ILL will be very much aroused by your work.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How much are ya asking for it?  

$5k (shipped)

(the arfcom discount rate)

In a gallery, I'd charge $10k, because they take half.

Its worth it.

Good job, Cincinnatus.  You are not only a gentleman and a scholar, you are a gifted artiste.

Hooah!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:27:38 PM EDT
[#4]
not for me, but i do find it interesting. and am curious how you "color" the house paint. do you make it as you go or do you prebuy mixed colors?

thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:32:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I choose the colors from the little tiles.

I acheive shading AFTER the paint has dried, by rubbing powdered pigment into the dried paint blobs.
Like a pastel drawing.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:41:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Some of those trees kind of look like.....well.....you know.....

That IS cool as hell looking. Nice work.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:44:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Ahhh... land of the pickle trees and marshmallow skies..... kinda like Baron Muenchausen cross polinated by the Beatles.

As long as you are happy with the finished product, why then I am just pickled tink... err tickled pink.

The influence of the pickle...er....picture  sorry

I simply relish looking at it

Dram
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:47:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:47:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I guess I'll be the first to say it, "You, sir are a faggot"  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey, I'm not the one who sees a penis in a puddle of paint
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:06:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
For those of you with small children.

(Dora the Explorer's map) Go past Penis Forest, around Spooge Lake, and up Mammary Mountian!!!(Dora's map/)

LMAO  God I hate Dora.

Bob
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:27:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Ah.

A close-up of a human sweat gland? . . .

CMOS
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:30:20 PM EDT
[#14]
very cool...looks textured... so are ya gonna raffle it off to an arfer?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:34:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
very juvenile looking, underdeveloped. dissonance in the color scheme, obviously this wasn't the intent. lacks proper depth and scale. too fluffy, no real substance. seems to be something sgtiam15 would like.

Exactly WHY I like it.  Very unique.

Judging by WHO'S standards?

TRoll.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:42:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Ah.

CMOS

No, no...  

THIS looks like a gland:

"Goldflesh" (detail), 2002, 8'x42', mixed media on gold anodized aluminum
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:44:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I kinda like it....
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:53:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Jackson Pollack and Albert Bierstadt.

I see Benton and Grant Wood

Cincinnatus,
Did you ever see any of Walter Darby Bannard's work?  He worked with poured paint on canvas (on the floor) and then he would scrap and trowel it into puddles using a large window squeegee.  The painings were large scale and non-objective, but the use of medium and scale are quite similar to what you are doing.

PS the clouds reming me of some of Georgia Okeefe's late cloud paintings.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:56:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Looks like you love cock.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:59:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Looks like you love cock.

Funny how "some" people always see certain themes.
I bet you think about "cock" all the time, huh?

Look at a donut, think "gee that reminds me of cock".
See a car, think "gee that reminds me of cock".
Spill some paint, think "gee that reminds me of cock".

Hey, whatever makes you happy, sport.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:01:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Jackson Pollack and Albert Bierstadt.

I see Benton...

Big influence.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ah.

CMOS

No, no...  

THIS looks like a gland:

"Goldflesh" (detail), 2002, 8'x42', mixed media on gold anodized aluminum

You do have talent I will say that.  It is not my cup of tea but I can see how people will appreciate it.

Now if you asked me what I "saw" in this painting, I would say the center subject looks like a bowl of dismembered teddy bears.  I am serious that was my first impression.  I like this painting better than the first one.  Not because of the dismemberd teddy bears.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks.

It's just paint, and it's important to always remember that it's just paint.
Secondary imagery is a bonus.
Make it pink, and people will see "flesh".
Pour a blob, and people will see biomorphic/anthropomorphic imagery, regardless of color.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
very juvenile looking, underdeveloped. dissonance in the color scheme, obviously this wasn't the intent. lacks proper depth and scale. too fluffy, no real substance. seems to be something sgtiam15 would like.

Let us see your art.

AB
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:53:18 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let us see your art.

AB

Now, now.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and I would agree with almost everything he said....

But:

...obviously this wasn't the intent. lacks proper depth and scale...
"...obviously"?

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:59:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Shameless bump...
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:00:57 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Shameless bump...

Shameful!  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:02:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Does Lorena Bobbitt mow the grass in that world ?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:08:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Well, I have wondering how long you were going to make us wait for a new painting.

I see bird clouds - I think they are birds with symbiotic clouds surrounding them.

On the other hand, the green objects seem to be straining toward the clouds, so maybe those are receptacles on the surface of the clouds.

This painting could also illustrate the interaction of all nature - water/liquid from lake, to the green objects,  to the clouds, to the mountain top, and finally back to the lake to close the circle.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:10:25 AM EDT
[#30]
It looks like the green pickle forest near water mountain
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:20:29 AM EDT
[#31]
I like it.

I'd always wondered why most of the things you post have roundish "blob" shapes appearing in them.

Now I know you did it by pouring paint as opposed to brushing it. Explains the blob shapes.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:23:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Too much dick and not enough pussy and tits for my taste.  It would look best in a gallery named "The Ramrod" or maybe in a male prison cafeteria or on a long manly ocean cruise.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:30:54 AM EDT
[#33]
A poured blob of paint is always a "Rorschach Test".
It reveals what's on one's mind.

Apparently, some people spent a lot of time thinking about dick.

I just pour the paint on the floor.
You do the thinking.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:47:57 AM EDT
[#34]
So Cincy,  are you auditioning for designing the new ARFcom logo???
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:54:05 AM EDT
[#35]
a forest of penis marching to the mighty vaginal mountain....you getting laid enough jarhead?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:55:36 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
looks very sexual... or else I am a pervert.

Lots of phallic and yonic images.

+1

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless  Texas...
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:06:40 AM EDT
[#37]
That's definitely "unique."

Before you stated that the painting was made by simply (you know what I mean, no dis here) pouring paint, I assumed that everything was purposely shaped to look like that.  Now that I know that the shapes were a random occurrence, I'm no longer trying to figure out what message you were trying to convey.  I guess I'm the type that thinks artists are always trying to convey something trhough their work.  

But, I, like many of the other dudes here, also see a lot of green "members."  Sheesh, what's wrong with me?!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:07:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Sir, slowly step away from the crack pipe.....
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:10:37 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
That's definitely "unique."

Before you stated that the painting was made by simply (you know what I mean, no dis here) pouring paint, I assumed that everything was purposely shaped to look like that.  Now that I know that the shapes were a random occurrence I'm no longer trying to figure out you intent, because I'm the type that's always trying to figure out what the artist is trying to convey with they work.

You got it.

The composition was "landscape".
Pour a green blob for each tree, where each tree would be.  Repeat.
See if it look s "cool" when it's done.

The content, the process, the scale, ALL have deep historical roots.
That provides a decent starting point, for those who want to delve deeper.
Or you can just look and see.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:32:21 AM EDT
[#40]
I too saw alot of phallic trees, but it is still an impressive painting nonetheless. The second one was even more interesting. I say we should put together a little online ARFCOM art gallery and showcase your work as well as any art by other members.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:36:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:40:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Wow
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#43]
I have little appreciation for the visual arts (no offense intended, of course), so my questions are largely technical.

1. Why do you use aluminum as a substrate/surface/"canvas"?

2.  What got you started in this?

3.  How do the galleries where you show your work view your politics, particularly your affinity toward firearms?  Do they even know?  (I'm under the impression that art galleries aren't exactly havens of conservative thought.)

4.  I will show much ignorance here, and no offense is intended.  It's a pretty picture, but who would pay $5k for it?

5.  Do you turn a profit on these?  (Aluminum and house paint - I guess it'd be hard not to....)
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:49:53 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I have little appreciation for the visual arts (no offense intended, of course), so my questions are largely technical.

1. Why do you use aluminum as a substrate/surface/"canvas"?

Solved a technical need.  It's a smooth lightweight surface, that is flexible as well as stiff.

2.  What got you started in this?

I dunno.
It's just something that had to be done.

3.  How do the galleries where you show your work view your politics, particularly your affinity toward firearms?  Do they even know?  (I'm under the impression that art galleries aren't exactly havens of conservative thought.)

I know of many that would "blacklist" me, if I ever voiced a kind word for Bush.  Guns don't come up.
I DID get let go from a job at the Museum of Modern Art for "acting like a Marine".

4.  I will show much ignorance here, and no offense is intended.  It's a pretty picture, but who would pay $5k for it?

The person who would pay $5k for it.

Once it's sold, value is established.  The buyer then owns a $5,000 painting.

Would you pay $5k for this can of "Artist's Shit"?

No?
I would.  It just sold at auction for $20,000.
Is the buyer stupid?
I doubt it.

5.  Do you turn a profit on these?  (Aluminum and house paint - I guess it'd be hard not to....)

Gallons and gallons of paint.
The ones that I sell, I profit.
But the rent for the studio, and the others that did not sell make it a losing venture.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:42:00 PM EDT
[#45]
I will say I am impressed.  [clap]
To know one’s self well enough to be in your profession and to create " Art " for the need to express yourself is enviable to say the least. I have trouble wearing one hat in my life.

I applaud your efforts even though I cant say the piece speaks to me. ( I see penis's too )

Good luck with the sale, ask $20,000.00.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:45:23 PM EDT
[#46]
you are a talanted MF nice work
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:07:09 PM EDT
[#47]
I dig it, nice work! I could defiantly hang something like that in my house.

I do think that paying $20K for a can of some strangers feces is a little bizarre though. I know art is in the eye of the beholder, but what artistic talent does it take to shit in a can? I mean I do it every morning, but don’t get paid for it. lol
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:12:17 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I know art is in the eye of the beholder, but what artistic talent does it take to shit in a can?

It's not artistic talent, it's marketing talent. The artists sells an idea, not the art.

New suggested title for the first painting "Cocks and Rocks". (scurrying back to the left side of my brain and hiding)
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:16:51 PM EDT
[#49]
If I had the money to purchase the Panorama, I would.

But my house is barely worth that much so I don't think it would do it justice.

MT
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:22:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Looks like you forgot to sign it?

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top