Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 10/4/2004 11:10:32 PM EDT
xxxx : we have the same jobs...it'm telling you you would rather be here than the marines
xxxx : marines and army guys that are here say that all the time
xxxx : our way of life is just better.....they deploy and sleep in the sand and we go to the same place and stay in hotels, we sit in offices drinking coffee and they get shot at and die

Not knocking any AF guys here, just my friends take on my decision to join the Marines

Edit: he is an imagery analyst
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:19:13 PM EDT
[#1]
It all depends on what you want to do. The only differences Ive seen other than the obvious things is that the AF seem to be more family oriented and treats their people a tad better. otherwise its all the same BS just like any other branch.
FWIW, Ive never stayed in a hotel on a deployment. Ive never sat in an office and sipped coffee. I lived in a wooden hooch and a leaky tent on my deployments. foxholes were fun too. AF guys get shot at and die too, maybe just not on the scale that the Army and Marines do. Several of my friends who just got back from Iraq all had trigger time on convoys and attack on their bases. Everytime I flew into Iraq my plane always got shot at on landing and take off and  I got mortared while on the ground.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:20:10 PM EDT
[#2]
For quality of life, the Air Force is better than the Marines. Nobody can argue otherwise. At least nobody who has ever served in the USMC and been on an AF base.
Funny thing is, all those AF chicks get real squirmy when the Marines show up. They like a little knuckle dragger in a man.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:20:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:20:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh god, my friend has been brainwashed by being stationed in Cali

xxx: what do you think about bush/kerry

me: bush

xxx: oh god...not you too

me: ok so whats so great about kerry

xxx: thats not the point

xxx: what's been good for the last 4 years

me: so if bush wasnt elected 9/11 wouldnt have happened

xxx: thats not what im saying

xxx: what has he done for this country?

xxx: name 1 thing

me: what has he done to harm the country?

me: and what would kerry do to help the country?

xxx: made health care virtually unffordable

xxx: made college tuition costs unheardof

xxx: outsourced over 250,000 manufacturing jobs

xxx: JUST manufacturing....not counting the other professions

xxx: he's made us the most hated country on Earth

xxx: had us kicked off of the UN Election Board

xxx: want me to keep going?

xxx: we need the un why?

xxx: First president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.

xxx: shattered records for the biggest annual deficit in history.

me: tim mcveigh didnt need to be executed?

xxx: Set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips on Air Force 1 than any other president in US history.

xxx: Cut unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in US history.

xxx: I was the first president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 US elections).

me: you've sent me this email before

xxx: good..you should read it

me: i read it

me: im still voting for him

xxx: god help you

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:23:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That maybe so but the marines don't get attacked by crazy egpytians.  

October 23rd, 1983. And "Marines" is capitalized, douche bag.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:27:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:28:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:31:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:36:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If you still have that email and cc/to list, get it to NY_Patriot or another member that can counter every point.

I can only hit about half.

I trashed the email along time ago, found it posted on a website through the wonderful thing called google

--

GEORGE W. BUSH RESUME
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT:

I attacked and took over two countries.
I spent the U.S. surplus and bankrupted the Treasury.

I shattered the record for biggest annual deficit in history.

I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 2-month period.

I set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock market.

I am the first president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.

I am the first president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.

In my first year in office I set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history.

After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, I presided over the worst security failure in US history.

I set the record for most campaign fund raising trips by any president in US history.

In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their jobs.

I cut unemployment benefits for more out-of-work Americans than any other president in US history.

I set the all-time record for the most foreclosures in a 12-month period.

I appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US history.

I set the record for the fewest press conferences of any president since the advent of TV.

I signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than any other president in US history.

I presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.

I presided over the highest gasoline prices in US history and refused to use the national reserves as past presidents have.

I cut health care benefits for war veterans.

I set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind.

I dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history.

I've made my presidency the most secretive and unaccountable of any in US history.

Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history. (The 'poorest' multimillionaire, Condoleeza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her).

I am the first president in US history to have all 50 states of the Union simultaneously go bankrupt.

I presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud in any market in any country in the history of the world.

I am the first president in US history to order a US attack and military occupation of a sovereign nation, and I did so against the will of the United Nations and the world community.

I have created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United States.

I set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any other president in US history.

I am the first president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the Human Rights Commission.

I am the first president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the Elections Monitoring Board.

I removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in US history.

I rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant.

I withdrew from the World Court of Law.

I refused to allow inspectors access to US prisoners of war and by default no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.

I am the first president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors access during the 2002 US elections.

I am the all-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.

The biggest lifetime contributor to my campaign, who is also one of my best friends, presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).

I spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in US history.

I am the first president to run and hide when the US came under attack and then lied, saying the enemy had the code to Air Force 1).

I am the first US president to establish a secret shadow government.

I took the world's sympathy for the US after 911, and in less than a year made the US the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in US and world history).

I am the first US president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.

I am the first US president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the US than by their immediate neighbor, North Korea.

I changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.

I set the all-time record for number of administration appointees who violated US law by not selling their huge investments in corporations bidding for government contracts.

I have removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in US history. In a little over two years I have created the most divided country in decades, possibly the most divided that the US has been since the civil war.

I entered office with the strongest economy in US history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:
I have at least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine (Texas driving record has been erased and is not available).
I was AWOL from the National Guard and deserted the military during a time of war. I refused to take a drug test or even answer any questions about drug use.

All records of my tenure as governor of Texas have been spirited away to my father's library, sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

All records of any SEC investigations into my insider trading or bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

All minutes of meetings of any public corporation for which I served on the board are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

Any records or minutes from meetings I (or my VP) attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.

For personal references, please speak to my dad or uncle James Baker (They can be reached in their offices at the Carlyle Group where they are helping to divide up the spoils of the US-Iraq war and plan for the ext one.)
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:47:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Funny thing is, all those AF chicks get real squirmy when the Marines show up. They like a little knuckle dragger in a man.

Hey has mentioned before that most single women on base are referred to as "Marine matresses"
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:57:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:02:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Thus why I dislike SOOO many of the AirForce peopel I have met. It amazes me how you can serve in ANY branch of the military, and come out thinking like a liberal. I have NEVER seen a liberal Marine, and I'm pretty sure I've never met a Navy or Amry liberal...
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:10:07 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
yellow5 I am currently broke, and out of a job.  I will begin a data entry position at $8/hr in a week.

In 1999, I was making >$60k/yr as systems/network admin.  Yes, I am good at it.

Now, all of the IT firms are contracting out labor, I am merely a "stringer" picking up the spot jobs they throw out to make ends meet, but the rope isn't stretching far enough.  But I can type way fast.

Is this Bush's Fault?  No.

I am in the same boat, next friday I will be out of a job with Gateway computers, before this I was a well paid network admin.

And guess what, I'm still voting for Bush.

The conversation with my friend has been ceased, we are as of right now not on talking terms.  I don't like politics to come between friendships, but I can't believe how radically he's changed.  He basically makes all these points for Kerry, believes only (in his words) idiots with low IQ's should join the Army or Marines and be used for cannon fodder, and believes I should join the air force cause its a walk in the park (I'm supposing he thinks its this way)
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:18:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Easier does not mean better.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:19:46 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Thus why I dislike SOOO many of the AirForce peopel I have met. It amazes me how you can serve in ANY branch of the military, and come out thinking like a liberal. I have NEVER seen a liberal Marine, and I'm pretty sure I've never met a Navy or Amry liberal...

Go to you nearest USAF installation and spout off like that.  I DARE YOU.  

You're in NV, right?  Head on over to Nellis or Tonopah and shoot your mouth off.

This interservice billy bad-ass rivalry shit is stupid!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:20:17 AM EDT
[#16]
SO-COM, where do you get this shit? I havent met too many libs in the AF, most I know are pretty conservative.  The AF never taught me to be a liberal. It taught me to be responsible, to be a leader, and a thinker. Above it taught me how to be self reliant. Also, its ok if you dont like many of the AF people you've met, because I havent liked many of the Army people Ive met, most of them Ive met are fucking retards, Navy people are decent. Marines are ok too. Give them sodas and ice cream and point out the BX to them and theyre happier than pigs in shit. Also you point out the easy AF chick and theyre even happier. I hate all the interservice rivalry because its fucking stupid. Im an SP and when I run across people from other branches especially the Army, they get a crappy attitude real quick, its not because of my breath, its because of my branch of service. I chalk it up to jealusy and stupidity.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:20:31 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You might check this person's voting record while a member of the US Senate...

John Herschel Glenn, Jr. (Colonel, USMC, Ret.)
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:22:11 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
SO-COM, where do you get this shit? I havent met too many libs in the AF, most I know are pretty conservative.  The AF never taught me to be a liberal. It taught me to be responsible, to be a leader, and a thinker. Above it taught me how to be self reliant. Also, its ok if you dont like many of the AF people you've met, because I havent liked many of the Army people Ive met, most of them Ive met are fucking retards, Navy people are decent. Marines are ok too. Give them sodas and ice cream and point out the BX to them and theyre happier than pigs in shit. Also you point out the easy AF chick and theyre even happier. I hate all the interservice rivalry because its fucking stupid. Im an SP and when I run across people from other branches especially the Army, they get a crappy attitude real quick, its not because of my breath, its because of my branch of service. I chalk it up to jealusy and stupidity.

+1000
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:23:39 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go to you nearest USAF installation and spout off like that.  I DARE YOU.  

You're in NV, right?  Head on over to Nellis or Tonopah and shoot your mouth off.

This interservice billy bad-ass rivalry shit is stupid!

Its not a generalization there buddy. Its an observation, being soo close to Nellis and all. Hell, the place I work for does GI bill training and have alot of students that are active AF and retired AF. Most of them are REALLY cool, but I've worked with a few that are definetely liberal. Even got into a gun dicussion with a very anti gun ex-recruiter.. :| I'm willing to concede that if I was living in San Diego bay I'd see alot more liberal Navy guys, but maybe this is just my personal experiences.

EDIT: I'll add one last thing, I'm 20 and kinda in a rut. I've looked at joining the military several times, and if I feel I've got no direction in my life within the next few years I will join the Army just to do it. Think whatever you will about my post, but I'm giving you what I have personally dealt with from a couple of AF guys that I didn't think was possible.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:24:59 AM EDT
[#20]

Marines are ok too. Give them sodas and ice cream and point out the BX to them and theyre happier than pigs in shit.

I know this from first hand exp. working with the Embassy guards from London!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:26:50 AM EDT
[#21]
The military mirrors it society. So what? Dont paint us all as libs and hippies please. My question is this, Did you ever serve your country and if so, what did you do?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:28:21 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
yellow5 I am currently broke, and out of a job.  I will begin a data entry position at $8/hr in a week.

In 1999, I was making >$60k/yr as systems/network admin.  Yes, I am good at it.

Now, all of the IT firms are contracting out labor, I am merely a "stringer" picking up the spot jobs they throw out to make ends meet, but the rope isn't stretching far enough.  But I can type way fast.

Is this Bush's Fault?  No.

I was sick today.  In fact I have been ill for a week now.  Cough/runny nose/ <you  know the rest of flu stuff>.   I try to call my regular doctor (which I haven't seen in over a year, they always pawn me off to a PA, as seeing my regular doc takes a month advance appointment).  Can't even get through to them.   So I go to "Urgent Care"  (a "new" mythical level between an office visit and the ER).  They ask who my doc is, I tell them (after waiting in line for a half hour), then tell me they are only urgent care for Emergency cases (WTF is the ER for??!???) and I need to go to my docs office to see a PA, and they can get me in within two hours.   Meanwhile,  I am coughing to the point I puke, blowing my nose every 5 minutes, and then stand in line for 10 minutes at the "regular doctors office" to see the PA.  I  then wait 15 minutes in the waiting room to be moved to the exam room where I wait 10 minutes for the PA.  She says I have a cough.  No shit.

I feel like we are at the quality of nationalized healthcare but without the Quality.

How can Bush make jobs?  Tax cuts are the only reason.  I never had a poor person hire me.  How can he make people spend less?  Make them fear that Kerry will be elected, I guess.  

As far as the local hospital thing goes, it seems they cater to those with insurance, if you don't have it, you pay MORE than those who do not have insurance, plus, you have the bonus of waiting longer in line to have them tell you to go home and sleep, because you are sick.   Sorry, I am coughing up a lung and am not particularly fond of downing a bottle of NyQuil a day to stop the cough because it doesn't work, why the fuck do you think I came here?  Give me a Z pack and some decent cough syrup, you could do this over the phone, but you require $120 in office visits for me to get here.  Then you tell me I gotta COME BACK in 3 days because my blood pressure is high!?!?!?  Of course my fucking blood pressure is high, it is my method of anger management.   Would you rather I threw chairs through the windows and broke the 5 LCD Advertisement montiors for your services that you have in the lobby?  Probably not, so, in my restraint, my BP is 180/110, I apologize for that, and it pisses me off more that you wanna charge me another $120 and probably try to pawn off some high BP med that the latest rep gave you a free suitcase to pimp out.  No fuckin thanks.  Piss Off.
uhhh, sorry....  This turned into a NyQuil rant because of the nazi clinics...........

Get out of SD, your not making shit, honestly you could make an easy 12-13hr for data entry and 30hr for net admin over here,
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:34:49 AM EDT
[#23]
All I know as an active duty Air Force (two words, capitals on the first letter of each word fellas), when I was in Kuwait, the Army was really lovin' life in a couple borrowed Air Force expandable shelters, with a/c, cable tv's with vcr's, electrical outlets, etc.

I've worked with all branches, and the only people I have difficulty working with are Navy personnel. I can work with them, just don't understand their attitude sometimes.

And no, I don't fly planes. But I work direct aircraft support, and make sure they fly, to put iron on target. AGE! Just like the Marines put iron (lead) on target, just like the Army, and just like the Navy.

Please don't bash the Air Force if you don't have experience dealing with us. We've got life a little easier than the other branches, but hey, not everyone can score high enough on the ASVAB to get in the Air Force...

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:38:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Danger is no stranger to the Age Ranger!!!

HaHa just messin with ya.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:41:33 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Read about Smedley Butler, the guy was a stone cold killer, his exploits with the bayonet were legendary. after he left the Corps became a pacifist and an anti-imperialist the rest of his life....
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:43:25 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Danger is no stranger to the Age Ranger!!!

HaHa just messin with ya.

If You Ain't Ammo, You Ain't Sh*t

Does that mean if you ARE ammo, that you are SH*T?

Back at ya!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:46:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Always wondered that myself. Oh well it's off to Intel come Feb. and that 5.5 multiplier.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:48:19 AM EDT
[#28]
There's no more SRB's. For anyone last I knew. Force Shaping and all.... But I could be wrong. I know we don't have one anymore.

Where are you at if you don't mind me asking. I'm at Sheppard right now, teaching the retards of tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:53:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Shaw for the moment. Our SRB got cut too, but the one I'm going into is one of only like 5 or so that actually went up. I just need a change or something a little more "intellectually stimulating" for lack of better words.

"I'm at Sheppard right now, teaching the retards of tomorrow"

Man, come spend a day here and you will think Sheppard is heaven!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:56:04 AM EDT
[#30]
I left Shaw for Sheppard. Which is the lesser of two evils?

Edited: Was at Shaw Jul 99-Nov 02.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:58:16 AM EDT
[#31]
I'd say Sheppard but then again I'm partial being from Texas. It's not really the base that is bad, I just work for alot of bass ackward politicians.

What is that they say about Shaw?
Stay Here A While
Sharing Husbands And Wives
I think there is another
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:00:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Here's a little light:
We've got a flight commander that we call: "He Who Speaketh with Fork-ed Tongue."

I think we've got something else in common besides our squadron. Yea 20 EMS, or something like that.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:01:38 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I'd say Sheppard but then again I'm partial being from Texas. It's not really the base that is bad, I just work for alot of bass ackward politicians.

What is that they say about Shaw?
Stay Here A While
Sharing Husbands And Wives
I think there is another

Separating Husbands And Wives
and one more I can't remember

Talk about Thread Hijack
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:02:10 AM EDT
[#34]
20EMS is it for the next few months. Just looking forward to crosstraining and going north to Alaska and then back to Europe.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:06:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Eielson is cool, went there for Cope Thunder in '02. It was June, and about 70 degrees, and no darkness to be had. Watch out for the mosquitos in the summer.

Gotta head to bed. Wifey needs to go to Bowie tomorrow for a job interview, and I've got to teach her how to drive my Jeep.

Is it wrong that all I can think of is my poor Jeep?

Have fun in Intel as a B.O.B. Watch out for paper cuts, paper jams, and hot coffee. Ha!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:14:42 AM EDT
[#36]
I am active duty AF, and work with a former Army guy who is voting for Kerry.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:17:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Later, Lapp.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:33:46 AM EDT
[#38]
I just got out of the AF as a Fire Fighter and it seems to me that a lot of the anti Bush attitude is coming from the civilian (GS) union or the atypical “sheep”. The union guys basically get "briefed" from the union about how Cheney is going to give all their jobs to Halliburton and they instantly become dems. I understand (now more than ever) the desire to keep your job, but the way they talk is absolutely ridiculous. And the worst part is that the story changes every other week as to just how their jobs will be taken away or some other B/C atrocity. Most of the leftist ADAF guys are just hilarious because they will sit and bitch all day that they don’t make enough money and there aren’t enough people and supplies to go around and think that going Kerry will solve their problems “because he says he’s for supporting the troops, just not the war”. Idiots. The whole thing drives me up the friggin' wall. And you can’t blame any service in particular either as the guys at my station cover AF, USAR, USMC, USN and USCG either current or former.
They are all just sheep…..

Oh, and my favorite quote the other day was "but Kerry is so well spoken."
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:06:51 AM EDT
[#39]
I would give the AF the edge on quality of life. We build the clubs/ Q's first then ask for money for the runways. We each do our own thing and we have different ideologies on how to get the job done. I really appreciate the guys on the ground doing their thing but they appreciate it when I check in with a 2 ship carring 18 GBU-12's for some CAS. Now I could TRY and be as hard  as them, but I would rather spend my time in a vault studing how to kill more people more effieciently.  You just have to understand what each service does well and use it to your advantage to kick some ass.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:09:07 AM EDT
[#40]
There is a guy that works for me that got out of the army about 3 yrs ago.  He is more liberal than i thought he would be.  He doesn't think anyone needs to have an assault weapon.  It was a mistake to show him the pics i had of my AR on my laptop.  We almost started arguing.  He did 4 yrs in the army and was in Somalia and all.  I thought he would have been a little more gun friendly.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:43:37 AM EDT
[#41]
I retired from the Air Force after 24 years in 2000. Think about this:

In the Marines, the captain looks at his company, salutes, and say's " go get em guy's"
In the Army, the lieutenant looks at his platoon, salutes, and say's " go get em guy's"
In the Air Force, the airman looks at the Captain getting into his plane, salutes, and says "go get em sir!"

Now you tell me who's got it wrong!!!!!

archer2
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:48:15 AM EDT
[#42]
I worked with with our Air Force,along with the british army and airforce. Granted the Airforce has better accomodations,for their people, but in working side by side with them it did not matter what branch we were all that mattered was the mission and getting the mission done.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:54:56 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I worked with with our Air Force,along with the british army and airforce. Granted the Airforce has better accomodations,for their people, but in working side by side with them it did not matter what branch we were all that mattered was the mission and getting the mission done.

Very well said, sir!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:55:37 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So is "Egyptians".
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:16:19 AM EDT
[#45]
I have respect for the SP's and the PJ's and AF units that actually work with the Army. But for the AF in general that attitide seems to prevail.

I lost two good soldiers of mine because of the AF, my compnay lost 5. Why? We cross leveld 8 to another USAR unit that was being mobilized to go guard an AF base. Every one of them said the SP's were great and treated them well, but the rest of the organization treated them like crap. The biggest gripe was that the AF refused to make its own people pony up and pull a few hours duty on the gates, instead only overworking the SP's and the Army guys while the majority on the post worked a 40 hour work week as if nothing had changed.  Note that none of those who were in this unit were MP's or had any more training than the AF could have given its personell in a few hours.

We lost 5 of the 8 after that deployment ended. Contrast that with the 39 we cross leveld to a unit that was with the 1st MEF for OIF, actually was part of the drive north, and saw some action. We lost 2 of those 39 when they got back..... because despite the fact that they were in much crappier conditions, they had a real viable mission, were needed, and were treated well. They felt like that mission was worth being called away from home and family for. The guys called to the AF base felt they were there only so the "whiny prima-donnas blue didn't have to stand outside for a few hours" as one of them put it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:23:28 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I actually know 2, both Capts.  One from NY and his farther is a state senator and one from PA and he is just a flaming liberal.

I had 1 of my Marines that was a flaming liberal, when he got out finished his degree had a kid and started making money  he had a mid life conversion.  Last time I talked to him he was quite right wing.

But I agree most that go into ground combat arms tend to be conservative, its just the nature or the work.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:34:31 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Please don't bash the Air Force if you don't have experience dealing with us. We've got life a little easier than the other branches, but hey, not everyone can score high enough on the ASVAB to get in the Air Force...

There is nothing wrong with service in the Air Force, but as an Air Force Brat whose father retired as an O6, I decided the AF  was not for me, I wanted something different, like at least the Marine Corps advertises we want people who want to something tough in life.  I would personally rather serve with those who are looking for a challenge and not quality of life.

By the way if you look at min GT requirements, you will find that this argument made by AF personal is a bit false.  Since all the service has similar technical jobs (like we fly the same type of AC as you, but the quality of life for the crews and the maintainers is lower) and the min GT won't get you into the combat arms.  At least in the Marine Corps a lower GT will get you in as a cook, box kicker or MT driver, but not as a trigger puller.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:47:14 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=17611

Great owned pic
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:00:22 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I retired from the Air Force after 24 years in 2000. Think about this:

In the Marines, the captain looks at his company, salutes, and say's " go get em guy's"
In the Army, the lieutenant looks at his platoon, salutes, and say's " go get em guy's"
In the Air Force, the airman looks at the Captain getting into his plane, salutes, and says "go get em sir!"

Now you tell me who's got it wrong!!!!!

archer2

In the Navy, the Captain (REAL Captain, you know, of a SHIP) looks at his crew, returns their salute, and say's "LETS get 'em guys"

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:25:34 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm at Bragg, which is next door to Pope AFB.
in my experience the Airfarce personel I've met remind me of the guys in college who thought they were better that me cause their mommies and daddies ponied up for the ride, pad, clothes, and education, when mine only bought the education. is the airfarce really that much of a country club?

really i dont mind them all that much. when we  go to war, they give us a ride, and when we get out the door, they go home. somtimes they even are kind enough to drop us in the right spot.

i get along better with Marines than anyone else, but they share a common view of warfare with what i do. And i got Marines in my family. AF guys laugh when you have a KaBar on your FLC. Marines only laugh if it's dull.

Airborne.

PS-my GT score was up there enough i tried to come in under the warrant officer flight program. when my eyes knocked me out of the flight program, i enlisted and made sure i got combat arms in the 82nd. so call me ignorant if you want. i prefer the term warfighter. but thats most likely the testosterone talking. dont worry-i got enough for the both of us.
30cal out.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top