Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 9:19:59 AM EDT
A Death Blow To Kerry's Campaign (link)

I think that many people who have seen the sixth ad being put out by the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth will agree with me when say that the ad, entitled "Friends" had the potential to do as much damage to the Kerry campaign as the entire Rathergate/Danron fiasco. Don't believe me? Watch the ad yourself. And, in case you can't see it, here's a transcript.

The beauty of this ad is that it is simple, verifiably true, and
utterly devastating. We know that John Kerry met with the Vietnamese Communists because he admitted it to us. We know that, as American boys fought and died in the muck of Vietnam, John Kerry sat with their perfumed diplomats in Europe and conspired to hand victory in the war to the Communists. We know this to be true. We know it because John Kerry told it to us.

Let me quote him exactly, because it's important to get this right. Kerry said, "I have been to Paris. I have talked with both delegations at the peace talks, that is to say the Democratic Republic of Vietnam and the Provisional Revolutionary Government." His words, ladies and gentlemen. While the United States was at war, John Kerry went to Paris and spoke with the enemies of the Republic.

If this gets out (and since the Swift Vets are reportedly set to spend $2 million running this ad, it will) how does the Kerry campaign respond to it in a credible fashion? In essence, they're left with a handful of options, all of them bad.

They can ignore the accusations altogether, but I don't think they'll try that one again, seeing as it worked so well with the first Swift Vet assault.

Attempting to deflect attention by attacking Bush on his National
Guard service is out now since, thanks to CBS (and probably the DNC too), pretty much anything to do with Bush's guard service is going to be radioactive for the rest of the campaign.

Perhaps they can trot Senator Kerry out to, in the mother of all flip-flops, apologize for some of his anti-war activism.

Alternately, they can act outraged that anyone would, "question
Senator Kerry's patriotism." This, in all probability, is the course that they'll take in the coming days.

And they'll be right: it is an attack on Senator Kerry's patriotism. But, much more importantly than that, it is an accurate attack on his patriotism. Worse still (for Kerry's dwindling legions) is that it feeds into perceptions of how Senator Kerry would behave as President.

<snip>

But, in truth, there's nothing cute about the fact that virtually
every time that Senator Kerry has dealt with an enemy of the United States (or offered a proposal for dealing with an enemy) in the field of diplomacy, his response has been to become an advocate of proposals favourable to that enemy.

In 1971, John Kerry wanted the US to unilaterally begin withdrawing from Vietnam and trust the North Vietnamese Communists to return US POW's of their own volition.

In 2004, John Kerry wants to give "nuclear fuel" to Iran and trust that they won't do anything bad with it, won't divert any portion of it, and will give it all back just as they're supposed to.

John Kerry may trust the enemies of America but the American people just can't trust John Kerry.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw the ad, and while powerful, I thought it missed it's mark somewhat. I'd guess 90% of voters under the age of 30 wouldn't know it went against the military code. He went to a meeting with the enemy to find out stuff....

I know the difference, but do your younger friends who have no military background know?

With that, I fully support the swifties, GWB! Flush the john's!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:06:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I can hardly believe its true, its almost worse than Jane Fonda. She was a civilian John Kerry knew better.

UH oh now I am pissed off just thinking about how fonda ratted out US POW's for trying to contact their families through notes. What a sick bitch
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:10:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Just saw it on Fox , if the networks report this fairly kerry is done , just stick a fork in him !!

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:12:52 AM EDT
[#4]
If Kerry is done, why is he leading according to www.electoral-vote.com/?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:20:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:24:31 AM EDT
[#6]
His speech yesterday was the same he gave before Fulbright's
Senate Committe with one exception-he did not accuse U.S. soldiers of war crimes. Yet-don't forget Abu. He never mentions winning, just cutting tail and running.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:30:43 AM EDT
[#7]
John Kerry's campaign for the Presidency of the United States will not be "done" until November 3rd of this year.

Let us not forget that "the war was over" in November of 1944. For some odd reason, the Wehrmact was not notified.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:33:52 AM EDT
[#8]
hehehe - got get 'em W!!!

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:35:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
A Death Blow To Kerry's Campaign (link)
snip

Linkie no workie; you learnie how makie linkie.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:37:06 AM EDT
[#10]
That linketh stinketh. It don't work.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:47:30 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
[And they'll be right: it is an attack on Senator Kerry's patriotism.

Or lack thereof.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:48:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Your linka, it stinka.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top