Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 8:21:27 AM EDT
Anyone know where I can get border collie pup?  Looking to add a 3rd one to the family.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:24:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Check with ranchers in your area. Inlaws used to live in CO, ranchers would dump their unwanted BC's & pups off on the mesa to die and folks would often rescue and adopt them. There is a BC rescue as well, I'm sure a gogle search will turn up something.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:27:22 AM EDT
[#2]
For work or play?  ABCA reg?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:27:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks a lot...

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:28:48 AM EDT
[#4]
dave223's wife might give you a good deal on one...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=275121

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:29:18 AM EDT
[#5]
no work, just play!

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:30:08 AM EDT
[#6]
A 3rd one?  Jeez' I have issues with 1+ a heeler.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:30:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
dave223's wife might give you a good deal on one...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=275121

Holy!  .... hmmm methinks it may be time for someone to get a CRATE!!  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:31:13 AM EDT
[#8]
best dogs ever.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:48:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:56:32 AM EDT
[#10]
www.bcrescue.org/

Cute little pot lickers, ain't they?

Here are some pups, but they are probably mutts -
www.mokanbcrescue.org/info/dogs/dogs-available.html
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:01:53 AM EDT
[#11]
check your local shelter
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:04:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Great dogs.  Our two kids are 2 years old now...wife was talking about how she misses puppy breath and etc.  I offered to look around for another pup, and to my surprise....no bitchy bitchy, complainy complainy!!  No resistance!  I made another comment this morning and she just said..."keep me posted"

!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:09:36 AM EDT
[#13]
What's so good about Border Collies?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:19:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Maybe this guy could help

Dupe post photokirk beat me to it
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:30:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Anyone?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:31:44 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyone?

Probably the smartest dog on the planet.

Not good house dogs though. They need to run outside.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyone?

How big do they get, personalities, any special care they need?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:53:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Pound for pound they're possibly the most energetic creature on the planet, completely psychotic, in a good way. If you want to see one go nuts give it something to herd, the instinct is so strong they can't stop themselves.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:55:19 AM EDT
[#19]
I guess their best fit as a farm dog rather than a family dog with limited yard space.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:57:49 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyone?

How big do they get, personalities, any special care they need?

They are a medium size dog, ~70lbs very intellegent and typically very hyper, good temperment, good with kids and other animals. Wouldn't make a good house dog. Depends on the lineage as far as what you get, if you're not looking for a working dog, a rescued one would be a good pet.

You have to be careful with intellegent dogs, if they are not given alot of attention and interaction, they get bored and can be destructive. They will look for something to do and if you ignore them, they will be at the neighbors house looking for something to do.

Had a Golden Retreiver like that, smartest dog I have ever seen. If you ignored him, he was off looking for someone to play with and entertain. Picked him up from a daycare center one day, he was in heaven with all those kids, one other time he was about a mile away playing with a bunch of kids. Had to keep a tag on him with my phone numbers because he wouldn't come home for days if he found someone to play with, had more energy than I did. I miss him, a member of the family.

Edited to had: My Golden had a thing for women. It was freaky, like a gigalo that was reincarnated as a dog. He would litterly piss all over himself when he met a woman. He would lose his mind at the vet with the girls there. Used to drop him off for a bath once a week or so, man he thought he was at the Mustang Ranch. It was really weird.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:10:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks!  I had a Golden for about a year before I went in the Corps.  Spent a lot of money to buy as a pup, good blood line, but gave him away when I enlisted.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top