Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:51:04 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
If it is the SAME God, then why does he say such DIFFERENT things?

It is actually the same tripe, but interepeted differently by the pwople listening.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:52:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Um...the God I worship -the ONLY GOD, the ONE TRUE GOD.....he sent his Son to die for my sins, and yours.

Did Allah do this? Does the Koran mention the son of Allah dying on a cross? Did it mention that He arose again 3 days later?

<----didn't think so!.......

Which version bible, which version koran?  <lol>.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:52:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:52:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:54:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Islam is not a new religion. It is the completion of teachings of Prophets Abraham, Moses and Jesus, all of whom preached that God is One and has no partners. It is tolerant and respectful of all other heavenly religions and their followers who share the belief in the One and only God. The Holy Koran teaches: "There is no compulsion in religion. Righteousness is now distinct from error. He who disbelieves in the idol and believes in Allah has grasped the firmest tie that will never break, Allah is Hearing, Knowing.” Koran 2:256
www.allah.com/
you boys really need to know what you are talking about

There is absolutely no difference between Allah and the God of Abraham, Moses and Jesus . Muslims do not believe that Prophet Muhammad was the only prophet; rather they believe that he was the last of the prophets of the Old and New Testaments. The Holy Koran is the revealed and sacred scripture of Islam, and it teaches: "Say (O Muslims), ‘We believe in Allah and that which is sent down to us, and in what was sent down to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob and the tribes; to Moses and Jesus and the prophets of their Lord. We do not differentiate between any of them, and to Him we are submissive (Muslims.)” Koran 2:136.

We know what we're talking about. The God who specifically mandated in the Torah that gentile strangers in Israel be subject to the same laws and receive the same justice as Israelites did not thereafter establish dhimmitude (second-class status for non-Muslims) in the Koran.

The God who inspired the Bible did not thereafter screw up his genealogy and identify Miriam, the sister of Moses, and Mary, the mother of Jesus, as the same person.

No one disputes that Muslims claim that Allah is Yahweh. They're lying or misguided.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:55:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2004/WORLD/meast/08/19/iraq.main/story.2.najaf.thursday.jpg

CNN's Kianne Sadeq, who is inside the compound with other journalists at the invitation of al-Sadr's militia, reported persistent sounds of mortars and gunfire and many explosions and devastation to the streets, homes and businesses around the mosque compound.

How in the fuck is this not treasonous??? Is CNN not owned by the US?? How is it possible that they are allowed in there? They should be shot as traitors.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:56:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Islam is not a new religion. It is the completion of teachings of Prophets Abraham, Moses and Jesus, all of whom preached that God is One and has no partners. It is tolerant and respectful of all other heavenly religions and their followers who share the belief in the One and only God. The Holy Koran teaches: "There is no compulsion in religion. Righteousness is now distinct from error. He who disbelieves in the idol and believes in Allah has grasped the firmest tie that will never break, Allah is Hearing, Knowing.” Koran 2:256

www.allah.com/

you boys really need to know what you are talking about

There is absolutely no difference between Allah and the God of Abraham, Moses and Jesus . Muslims do not believe that Prophet Muhammad was the only prophet; rather they believe that he was the last of the prophets of the Old and New Testaments. The Holy Koran is the revealed and sacred scripture of Islam, and it teaches: "Say (O Muslims), ‘We believe in Allah and that which is sent down to us, and in what was sent down to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob and the tribes; to Moses and Jesus and the prophets of their Lord. We do not differentiate between any of them, and to Him we are submissive (Muslims.)” Koran 2:136.

Sorry, but I don't buy that delusional bilge.

I know the One whom I serve, and allah bears no resemblance to Him.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:58:11 AM EDT
[#8]
This is really upsetting........for the Iranians
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:59:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:59:48 AM EDT
[#10]

I still think this is the best solution

http://img63.exs.cx/img63/3431/B52Hog.jpg
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:01:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Does anyone know how many "holiest site" in all of Islam they have??  It seems every block rathole that someone shoots at our guys from is "the holiest site."  It's starting to sound like a scam to me--"Oh, you must not shoot back--that is most holy site.  Matter of fact, it most holy site in all of Islam. You no shoot."  If it's so damned holy, why are THEY using it to make war from??  If *THEY* treat their "holy sites" with such disrespect, why do *WE* have to honor them??  

Very good question.  I think you already know the answer.

The Muslims are looking for an excuse to incite the general population.  They want us to attack their "holiest" sites because that will increase their recruits.  Pathetic, I know, but it seems to work over there.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:11:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Historically, in Christian parlance, a pagan is someone who practices a non-Judeo/Christian religion. And to start a rip-roaring thread hijack, no, Muslims don't worship the same God as Christians and Jews. Allah is a recycled Moon God selected from the animistic pantheon of pre-Islamic Arabia.

I see you've been doing your homework!

Hence the crescent moon on Saudi flag? Mohammed recycled (as you so eloquently put it) many things for his religion, even changing it when he wanted to marry more than is allotment of wives. If you read the bio of Mohammed, he always was peaceful until he had enough forces to war against those who disagreed with him. Check it out . . . that's why I get worried when people talk about it being a peaceful religion. Only until they are able to take over, I think we have several examples in the mid-east already of what happens when a muslim government takes over.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:13:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
When did they decide to bring the ATF & FBI to the party???  

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:14:13 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

img63.exs.cx/img63/3431/B52Hog.jpg

works for me.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:15:44 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Hence the crescent moon on Saudi flag? Mohammed recycled (as you so eloquently put it) many things for his religion, even changing it when he wanted to marry more than is allotment of wives. If you read the bio of Mohammed, he always was peaceful until he had enough forces to war against those who disagreed with him. Check it out . . . that's why I get worried when people talk about it being a peaceful religion. Only until they are able to take over, I think we have several examples in the mid-east already of what happens when a muslim government takes over.

Yep.  Reading the history of Islam, that is the cycle.  They expand/conquer when they are able, and when they are too weak they make nice.  Then when they are strong again...  

And thus it goes.

Islam, when strong, has never gotten along with its neighbors.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:19:10 AM EDT
[#16]

BREAKING CNN....Smoke Billowing from Imam Ali Mosque!

1. Burn it to the ground with every one of those rag wrappin' terrorist scumbags in it!

2. The Judeo/Christian God (or "God") is not the same as "Allah".

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:19:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Good!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:22:05 AM EDT
[#18]

JUST SO You Get The FULL EFFECT, FUCKING LEVEL This SHITHOLE
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:24:52 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Maybe those pagan morons really did open the gates of hell. No surprise that they'd be in "the holiest site in Shiadom."

Uh, just a FYI, as your ignorance is showing, but Islam and it's followers are closer to good christian, than Pagans, in fact, don't they worship the same diety?

Pagans don't.

Hielo,  don't inject truth into the debate.  Every good Christian here KNOWS  that muslims worship a moon god who has nothing to do with the REAL God they worship.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:25:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
hey Akmed!  Watch this.....

"I don't care who you are.  THAT'S funny!"

<80s rap> the roof, the roof, the roof is on fire.  we don't need no water let the motherf***er burn! <80s rap>

Bloodhound Gang. It was 90s music, wasn't it?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:25:54 AM EDT
[#21]

Oh man, I wish!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:26:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:27:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:29:32 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Maybe those pagan morons really did open the gates of hell. No surprise that they'd be in "the holiest site in Shiadom."

Uh, just a FYI, as your ignorance is showing, but Islam and it's followers are closer to good christian, than Pagans, in fact, don't they worship the same diety?

Pagans don't.

Nope. The moon god is good ol' lucifer himself. Very pagan in its roots.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:30:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:33:38 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
When did they decide to bring the ATF & FBI to the party???  

OUCH!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:34:35 AM EDT
[#27]
That above by the way Is Not the Shrine, But a Nearby Office of AL Sadr.

This is whats wrong with islam

These fuckers dont even have a god, they got a fat guy in a black turban telling them to die in the streets. That would be like us carrying around a Sammy Sosa Baseball Card and bombing people and still hoping to go to heaven.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:35:03 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Historically, in Christian parlance, a pagan is someone who practices a non-Judeo/Christian religion. And to start a rip-roaring thread hijack, no, Muslims don't worship the same God as Christians and Jews. Allah is a recycled Moon God selected from the animistic pantheon of pre-Islamic Arabia.

Historically the Christian church was just as bad when it was in power.  The big difference between the west and the muslim world is they still view their religion as a complete system that is equally applicable to government, science, and morality.   For the most part we've moved past that and religion is not given the power it once had.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:38:17 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Historically the Christian church was just as bad when it was in power.  The big difference between the west and the muslim world is they still view their religion as a complete system that is equally applicable to government, science, and morality.   For the most part we've moved past that and religion is not given the power it once had.

When has the Christian church ever had power? Oh, you probably mean the Catholic church. Ok, got it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:38:18 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
you can't bring fire in the mosque!!!

That's FIRE! You can't bring fire in a mosque!  

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:42:25 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
The big difference between the west and the muslim world is they still view their religion as a complete system that is equally applicable to government, science, and morality.   For the most part we've moved past that and religion is not given the power it once had.

To hear some of the people here talk, religion is the answer to everything and we should have never moved past that.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:43:54 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
you can't bring running water and toilets in the mosque!!!

Fixed it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:46:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:47:25 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
'Mortar Fire'...

Ya... And who's the one playing with mortars over there???

Why that would be Al Sadr's goons...

I'm guessing they lit their own house on fire too...

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:51:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Geez guys...why not drop the religious prattle and just revel in the UTTER FUCKING DESTRUCTION being wreaked upon the raghead bastards holed up in the "shrine"!

Go get-em Devil Dogs!  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:51:52 AM EDT
[#36]

My crappy microsoft paint job of what I'd like to see.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:55:10 AM EDT
[#37]
On a lighter note, I was switching back and forth between Fox and CNN to see who had the latest and noticed this story.

Drunk Bear

Now back to the "Their God, My God" debate...

Edited cause I put the link in backwards.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:55:33 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Before you mention the name Galileo, you must first stop and consider that every thing that Gaileo learned in his lifetime was the result of Roman Catholic owned and operated universities!

And that the 'penalty' that the Church gave him was confinement in his palace along with all of his books and instruments!

Such horrible treatment!

Eric The(WesternWorld)Hun

You forgot this part O learned one

Recantation of Galileo (June 22, 1633)
I, Galileo Galilei, son of the late Vincenzo Galilei, Florentine, aged seventy years, arraigned personally before this tribunal, and kneeling before you, most Eminent and Reverend Lord Cardinals, Inquisitors general against heretical depravity throughout the whole Christian Republic, having before my eyes and touching with my hands, the holy Gospels -- swear that I have always believed, do now believe, and by God's help will for the future believe, all that is held, preached, and taught by the Holy Catholic and Apostolic Roman Church. But whereas -- after an injunction had been judicially intimated to me by this Holy Office, to the effect that I must altogether abandon the false opinion that the sun is the centre of the world and immovable, and that the earth is not the center of the world, and moves, and that I must hold, defend, or teach in any way whatsoever, verbally or in writing, the said doctrine, and after it had been notified to me that the said doctrine was contrary to Holy Scripture -- I wrote and printed a book in which I discuss this doctrine already condemned, and adduce arguments of great cogency in its favor, without presenting any solution of these; and for this cause I have been pronounced by the Holy Office to be vehemently suspected of heresy, that is to say, of having held and believed that the sun is the center of the world and immovable, and that the earth is not the center and moves:

Therefore, desiring to remove from the minds of your Eminences, and of all faithful Christians, this strong suspicion, reasonably conceived against me, with sincere heart and unfeigned faith I abjure, curse, and detest the aforesaid errors and heresies, and generally every other error and sect whatsoever contrary to the said Holy Church; and I swear that in the future I will never again say or assert, verbally or in writing, anything that might furnish occasion for a similar suspicion regarding me; but that should I know any heretic, or person suspected of heresy, I will denounce him to this Holy Office, or to the Inquisitor and ordinary of the place where I may be. Further, I swear and promise to fulfill and observe in their integrity all penances that have been, or that shall be, imposed upon me by this Holy Office. And, in the event of my contravening, (which God forbid) any of these my promises, protestations, and oaths, I submit myself to all the pains and penalties imposed and promulgated in the sacred canons and other constitutions, general and particular, against such delinquents. So help me God, and these His holy Gospels, which I touch with my hands.

I, the said Galileo Galilei, have abjured, sworn, promised, and bound myself as above; and in witness of the truth thereof I have with my own hand subscribed the present document of my abjuration, and recited it word for word at Rome, in the Convent of Minerva, this twenty-second day of June, 1633.

I, Galileo Galilei, have abjured as above with my own hand.

He was not burned at the stake because of his recantation.  Had he persisted in his view that the earth moved around the sun he would have been tortured and burned at the stake.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:59:42 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040819/capt.mac10108191425.iraq_mac101.jpg

us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040819/capt.mac10208191427.iraq_mac102.jpg

us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040819/capt.mac10308191431.iraq_mac103.jpg

us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040819/capt.mac10408191432.iraq_mac104.jpg

That may, I mean it just might, possibly.....leave a bit of a mark.

For some reason, I find those pics strangely arousing and pleasing to look at......

I agree.  I'm not exactly sure why, but I just feel better looking at those pics.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:10:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:14:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Observation: The antichristians are desperate.  

I now return you to your original thread on the Imam Ali Mosque...
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:24:10 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Now that's what I'm talking about.  Keep up the good work.  Let technology do the job.  Keep our brave troops out of harm's way.      

Colt_SBR  

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:54:11 AM EDT
[#44]
GET SOME !!!!

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:57:20 AM EDT
[#45]
They are obviously smoking pork with  "mosque-eet"

GM
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:58:15 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

img63.exs.cx/img63/3431/B52Hog.jpg

LOL!!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:58:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:00:16 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

GM

Clever, very clever
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:06:37 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

GM

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:07:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top