Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/19/2004 5:13:34 AM EDT
A good friend's love interest is doing LSD.

I found this out while smsing him to try and probe him for my friend.

I gave links to LSD info sites to my friend and she realises that his "male pms" is actually him on a trip.

I have been discouraging her from him for ages but she really likes him even though I reckon hes a total deadbeat.  Im trying to help her out as a friend.

She would like to know what can she do to help him?  It seems as if he is unwilling to give up.

Thanks fellas
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:14:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Tell her to run away. VERY fast......
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:15:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Narc him out when he's tripping.  That bad trip should set him straight.  If it doesn't then nothing will.  However, even a single hit of acid is a pretty serious felony these days.  He may do some time without a top notch attorney.  But he's a druggie anyways.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:19:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I have honestly found that the best way for someone to deal with hallucinogenics as a problem is to simply get over it.

Once they do enough it will cease to be fun. I know this sounds weird, and I assure you that my answer would not be the same if it were a destructive chemical like cocaine, or herion.

I would just have her talk to him and tell him whats up, people hiding things from one another isn't the best way to show that you care.

Have her tell him about what she knows, and fears, and get it out in the open.

I have known alot of people that trip 200 times and are fine, and I have also known people that trip once and arent quite the same.

Make no mistake I don't think anyone should do it, but he already has and is so thats that.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:22:27 AM EDT
[#4]
If the dummy wants to juice his brains, let em do it! Artificial color added.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:22:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Been telling her that for yonks.

Cheers
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:27:36 AM EDT
[#6]
It's non-addictive, but potentially very dangerous. If she ever found herself in a car w/ him on acid, she'd be in deep shit.

She needs to raise the bar, and shoot for a guy that doesn't have such vices. This isn't like coming home and having a drink or two, or smoking a joint. LSD is an 8 hour halucenagenic rollercoaster that can end up in a variety of directions, some of which are quite dangerous.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:28:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Also seizure laws vary from state to state.  Depending on where the druggie lives, your female friend may risk losing her car if he is busted while in it with her. There are many other scary scenarios related to seizure and forfeighture statutes.  If she's a material girls you may wnat to address this aspect of hanging around a felon.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:29:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have honestly found that the best way for someone to deal with hallucinogenics as a problem is to simply get over it.

Once they do enough it will cease to be fun. I know this sounds weird, and I assure you that my answer would not be the same if it were a destructive chemical like cocaine, or herion.

I have known alot of people that trip 200 times and are fine, and I have also known people that trip once and arent quite the same.

You are right on this, at least from my personal experiences.  A long...long time ago when in school and out from under the oppressiveness of home life I did some "whatever", and after a while it simplly wasn't fun anymore. And I got over it. But looking back and learning from experience I would never have done it in the first place. I dunno, one day I just woke up and smelled life, and never looked back (8 years drug free). Hopefully this person will too. But in the meen time stay away....far away and tell your friend to do the same.

besides it's much mre fun to be sober and shoot really cool guns

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:29:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll tell you as soon as these giant termites stop eating my fingers off...
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:31:49 AM EDT
[#10]
LSD is a hell of a drug.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:38:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Been there, done that.  As has been stated, some can go there once and be "not quite right", some can go there LOTS, and STRONG, and be JUST FINE.  Trick is, you just don't know.  As has also been stated, were this an "addictive" drug, the "answer" would be different.  If he is a loser dropping acid all the time, then she should dump him based on his being a loser.  If he is otherwise "normal", and doses up once and again, so freakin' what.  Eventually, most everyone will outgrow hallucinagens, if they are not "attached" to other addictions.  You can only see the other side so many times before you've seen it all, and precious memories can sustain you forever.  So, I guess that my answer is kinda non-committal.  That he's doing this thing is not by itself a determiner, look at the whole picture.  If that whole picture is "LOSER", then there it is!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:41:41 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

+1  Helping people is one thing kids....trying to save them from themselves is a whole differant ballgame.  You are wasting your time, people like this don't change until THEY want to.

Best to just walk away.

LSD will destroy this kids brain.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:52:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:57:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Timothy Leary's dead.  

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:02:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:10:31 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Timothy Leary's dead.

oh, no...he's outside, looking in!

He'll fly his astral plane, taking trips around the bay.

Bring you back, the same day.

Timothy Leary.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:52:02 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  Helping people is one thing kids....trying to save them from themselves is a whole differant ballgame.  You are wasting your time, people like this don't change until THEY want to.

Best to just walk away.

LSD will destroy this kids brain.

SGtar15

True. Take it from me.

I wont answer though. My wife stuck with me through some pretty shitty times, so I cant fault a girl for trying. Best thing ever happened to me IMO.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:53:30 AM EDT
[#18]
lsd is what happened to america, and is responsible for creating hippies and democrats
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:54:53 AM EDT
[#19]

Woo hoo.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:07:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:53:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Be careful when taking LSD, you can have relapses months after your trip. And the problem is that you never know when it is going to hit you.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:08:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Frys your brain.  Fucks you up.

Drink beer instead.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:11:56 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Also seizure laws vary from state to state.  Depending on where the druggie lives, your female friend may risk losing her car if he is busted while in it with her. There are many other scary scenarios related to seizure and forfeighture statutes.  If she's a material girls you may wnat to address this aspect of hanging around a felon.www.ar50.com/bat.jpg

Try COUNTRY/CONTINENT, Ar...

He's in AUS (down under)
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:19:22 AM EDT
[#24]

Be careful when taking LSD, you can have relapses months after your trip. And the problem is that you never know when it is going to hit you.

Bullshit. LSD "flashbacks" are a myth. I did my share of tripping in the late 70s as did most of my friends. None of them ever had a flashback or ever knew of anybody that did. Everybody I knew from that time period that experimented with it got tired of it. You can only set around giggling your ass off for so long before you deceide you want to do more with your life.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:23:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

"They" promised alot of us this would happen, back in the '80's!  I'm still waiting for mine!

Ghostchild's post is the most accurate. A long time ago, I saw an interview with George Harrison, and he said "...every acid trip you take, after the first one, is just trying to relive the first trip. After awhile it just becomes boring."
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:28:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Here is the correct music to set the tone for a trip!  Its even better with a laser light show!

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:33:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"They" promised alot of us this would happen, back in the '80's!  I'm still waiting for mine!

Ghostchild's post is the most accurate. A long time ago, I saw an interview with George Harrison, and he said "...every acid trip you take, after the first one, is just trying to relive the first trip. After awhile it just becomes boring."

I found every trip unique.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:41:16 PM EDT
[#28]
gotta get some lightswitch raves going, too.  That will set the mood!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:48:45 PM EDT
[#29]
drugs are bad, ummmkay?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:52:42 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
gotta get some lightswitch raves going, too.  That will set the mood!

Here ya go...

One light swtch rave, coming up...
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:55:23 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Bullshit. LSD "flashbacks" are a myth. I did my share of tripping in the late 70s as did most of my friends. None of them ever had a flashback or ever knew of anybody that did. Everybody I knew from that time period that experimented with it got tired of it. You can only set around giggling your ass off for so long before you deceide you want to do more with your life.

+1
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:56:12 PM EDT
[#32]
years ago a relitive thought the cops were coming for him at school ate a whole sheet ......saw god at the hospital ....had a long talk with him  Became a Baptist Minister.... i guess its all how ya look at it
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:01:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Most of the "LSD" out there is cut with speed and very little LSD if any. I had fun with mescaline but the crash really, really sucked!!!!
I experimented a little and had fun while tripping but when you crash you need a couple of days to get back to normal and I weighed 225 when I did this. If you can get hold of some Valium or Xanax and a lot of orange juice it should help the crash go easier.
Caution: doing it alone the first time is risky cause you will lose all sense of reality. Have a friend who is experienced and TRUSTED!!!! Unplug the phone, NO HORROR FLICKS on the tube and 2 days to get back to normal minimum. I always started tripped Friday night into most of Saturday and spent Sunday sleeping it off and I was fine on Monday.
Best to sleep through the crash, trust me on this.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:02:03 PM EDT
[#34]
What M38 said.

Besides, the strychnine (sp?) in it gets to ya REAl fast and after a while it ain't fun no mo.

[Tommy Chong voice] I've done acid twenty two, uh, 2 times man.[Tommy Chong voice =OFF]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:02:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Everything you always wanted to know about LSD

Erowid vaults best for info on pretty much any illicite substance.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:05:14 PM EDT
[#36]
I have problems with people who have problems dealing with reality.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:01:02 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

-1.  I've had one flashbacks in my entire life, and it was a reliving of the worst trip of my college life.  That was 9 years ago.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:21:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Technically, if you take one hit of acid, you can be declared legally insane. YOU HEAR THAT YOU HIPPIES? YOU ARE ALL NUTS!

What about 'shrooms?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:27:42 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Isn't that the truth!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#40]
That stuff is bad news, I used to do it when I was in High school. Suposedly it eats brain matter, every bit as bad for you as extacy. And it's a schedual 1 narcotic.... basically your assed out if you get picked up with it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:02:04 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Here is the correct music to set the tone for a trip!  Its even better with a laser light show!

otterpop.sbay.org/album/darkside.jpg

Yes, this is the correct answer.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Who uses LSD anymore? if he wants hallucinagens just use X or Shrooms.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:05:51 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Most of the "LSD" out there is cut with speed and very little LSD if any.

Thats Extacy, LSD is a liquid chemical compound thats very cheap, and easy to make if have the lab equipment, and the right chemicals. Though its not uncommon for them to use rat poison, because its a cheap source for Diethylamide.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:07:32 PM EDT
[#44]
If you are going to dose, please do so far away from your guns, family, telephone or computer.

One guy I know tried it the first time and spent four hours staring at himself in the mirror. Another has done it hundreds of times. He's pretty vacant upstairs, but then again he was like that before he started using.

Most people just get bored of it after a while. Some don't. It was readily available when I was in college.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Im on a toad licking crusade!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:11:12 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Most of the "LSD" out there is cut with speed and very little LSD if any. I had fun with mescaline but the crash really, really sucked!!!!
I experimented a little and had fun while tripping but when you crash you need a couple of days to get back to normal and I weighed 225 when I did this. If you can get hold of some Valium or Xanax and a lot of orange juice it should help the crash go easier.
Caution: doing it alone the first time is risky cause you will lose all sense of reality. Have a friend who is experienced and TRUSTED!!!! Unplug the phone, NO HORROR FLICKS on the tube and 2 days to get back to normal minimum. I always started tripped Friday night into most of Saturday and spent Sunday sleeping it off and I was fine on Monday.
Best to sleep through the crash, trust me on this.

See, thats proof everyone is different. First time I tripped I was alone. I actually like the crash (its all part of the experience)
But one thing all trippers can agree on, a bad trip sucks. Theres nothing worse in life then a bad trip.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:13:17 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Then you have stumbled into your worst nightmare here.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:16:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Drugs are bad, MMMMKay?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:19:56 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Technically, if you take one hit of acid, you can be declared legally insane. YOU HEAR THAT YOU HIPPIES? YOU ARE ALL NUTS!

What about 'shrooms?

Well now then technically my friend can be declared insane.

My friend has spoken to me in great detail of trips in the '70s. Many stories where related to me.

1: While in the bathroom my friend was laughing at the various containers of shampoo and other products when they started to breath. Slight paranoia gripped "are they outside listening to me laugh ?" and "how long have they been outside listening to me laugh ?". A hasty retreat to the comfort of fellow trippers was all that could save our weary traveler.

2: Whilst listening to Jimi Hendrix "Are you Experienced?" my friends radio melted before his eyes. He tried in vane to scoop it all back together, but alas the radio remained melted for several hours.

3: The spirit of Ronnie Van Zant came out of the speakers.

My eyes have heard many a story from my friend.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:20:02 PM EDT
[#50]
A friend of mine in college did LSD frequently. He was a grouchy mean SOB when sober. I came into a room one day and saw him laying in the middle of a hard tile floor on his back with a clock radio under his head like a pillow (music up loud) and he said "I feel like a lemon drop floating in a glass of champaign". No thanks.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top