Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#1]
No, probably cause I don’t give a crap and never tried to cyber stalk someone from my past.  

Link Posted: 1/21/2023 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Or at least changed from what you thought they were?

View Quote
no
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 7:45:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Doesn't take that long.

Last week, one of my students that graduated in 2018 contacted me to ask about renewing her EMR license (re-do the course.)

When she graduated, she was top the class academically. She was very pretty, and started a modeling gig for a bit after high school.

Fast forward to last week and she stopped by to see me after school let out. She had filled out and had curves-- but the curves were in ALL the wrong places.  She had always been rail-thin (think model's body.)  Now, she had a pudgy face, pudgy mid-section, and slender chest and hips/butt.  Like seriously... I have never seen a shape like that on a living thing.  She also had black hair with blue streaks in it.

What struck me more was that she had a grayish-tan color to her skin.  Like unhealthy tone.

I asked her what she has been doing over the years since I saw her last.  She responded that she has done absolutely nothing. She had a mental collapse, been in and out of mental hospitals, and was currently seeing a mental health professional.  She actually got a call confirming her next appointment while sitting at my desk.

She's been dating a Paramedic and getting married to him in March (guy's diving for the bullet.)  Because of him, she had decided that she wants to become an EMT.  Bad news is coming regarding her mental health treatment and getting a license, but I didn't want to break it to her.

I'm really shocked at how fucked up physically, mentally, and spiritually a person could be.  I didn't mention some of her other WTF stuff.

Anyway... all of that from 2018 to 2023.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 8:00:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah

My ex who lives in Australia. Looked up a few members of her family.

Well her brothers wife was a model. Very, very good looking. Had a fantastic body.

Now? She buzzed her hair off and dyed the fuzz purple, has really shitty tattoo's, has gained maybe 70lbs and has the skin tone of a dead fish.

I bet my ex BIL is fucking livid
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 8:03:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep.

Had a buddy in the Army that was pretty conservative at the time.
Fast forward a couple of decades and now he's a full on woke/occupy/
BLM leftie.  

He ended up unfriending me on Facebook over me explaining
the facts of the Rittenhouse case.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 9:21:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Creaper thread

Let it go OP
View Quote

Meh.  That just like your opinion man.  

I've looked up a few former acquaintances.  If they put something out there for the world to see why not.  Other than 1 old buddy from high school I've never tried to contact anyone.  

We had a good conversation and that was that. No big deal.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
One of my best buds was always super-fit and the guy I always tried to keep up with. Conservative and good to go.

Met him for lunch and he had packed on 200 lbs. That was during the last Pres cycle and he was posting Yang support.
View Quote

He took too many whip creme shots from Yang.

Link Posted: 1/21/2023 9:47:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hey East west

Gotta be St Vladimir’s

Lived in eastchester
Drove by there a million times but never went in

Remember the egg roll lady at the north ave bars

Good times

Oh btw.    Great fucking album.   A fave

View Quote

Hey bro!
Yeah, St Vladimir's, you nailed it.

And indeed I remember the North Avenue bars!
Although my seminary homies and I used to go to Pat's in Eastchester quite a bit. Loved the roast beef sandwiches, also drinking a "black and tan" - a Ballantine ale with a minature sized bottle of Guiness. Great times, enjoyed many of the classes at Iona, too.        

Yeah, I use the EastWest name because I have been a huge Butterfiled fan since I was 13, also attend an Eastern Rite Catholic parish.
Take care, all the best!

Link Posted: 1/21/2023 9:55:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Best advice ever!
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 9:57:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Not on purpose, but yea. Run across good ol boys turned raging lib, and raging libs turned good ol boys. Just depends on what life throws at you I guess
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 2:46:46 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't have any social media so people can look me up and I can't look them up. The past is just that.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 2:50:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I saw an ex girlfriend from right after I graduated high school, she was pretty and sweet back when we were dating. She apparently decided to start doing meth at some point a few years ago. Every part of the person I used to know is completely gone and I’m not even sure it’s accurate to call her a human being anymore.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 2:54:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I saw an ex girlfriend from right after I graduated high school, she was pretty and sweet back when we were dating. She apparently decided to start doing meth at some point a few years ago. Every part of the person I used to know is completely gone and I'm not even sure it's accurate to call her a human being anymore.
View Quote
At least she didn't get fat amirite bro
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 2:56:17 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm probably the person people would see and think, "wow, never thought he would take that path in life." It's been awesome so far!
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 2:57:32 AM EDT
[#15]
I looked up a couple and never found much. Never been to a hs reunion nor will I go.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 3:05:32 AM EDT
[#16]
I taught my kids not to peak in high school.  There is much more living ahead.  My oldest son was very gawky in HS, got bullied and teased a lot.  Was in marching band, played the bassoon, wicked smart.

He is now 6’2” and shredded.  He discovered he likes to lift.  He is finishing dental school, and is axing his classes.  One of his bullies never grew past 5’7” and is a pudgy fat guy working at Home Depot.  

So yeah, people change over time.  Some for the worse, some better.  I think the key is to take care of yourself, don’t be an asshole, and work to achieve the best you can.  Some people know how to live life to its fullest, others expect the inverse to just reward them for something they don’t deserve.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 12:23:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I trauma bonded with a woman in college. Looked her up 15 years later. She’s inked up and living on a commune with cats.

Whew….
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 12:52:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Graduated from a small rural High School in the mid 1980's from a senior class of like 30-35 students IIRC. Lost touch with just about everybody within a couple of years after graduation and moved out of state.

When Facebook became a thing and I got on it around 2009 and received a friend request from my best friend back then. Started Googling his name and found he had been arrested for arson for burning down one of his father's businesses but not convicted. Did get convicted and done state prison time for dealing drugs. Within the last 2-3 years, has gone back to prison for spousal abuse twice for two separate wives. He is a 50+ year old trust fund adult getting by on that.

Another was girl in my class that had a free ride scholarship to a Ivy League school but was a bit of a odd duck that got teased unmercifully from the popular girls. Thought she would do well after high school academically but it seemed she dropped out first semester at college and became a "Licensed Massage Therapist". Got busted for doing "rub and tugs".  

Link Posted: 1/23/2023 1:03:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I taught my kids not to peak in high school.  There is much more living ahead.  My oldest son was very gawky in HS, got bullied and teased a lot.  Was in marching band, played the bassoon, wicked smart.

He is now 6’2” and shredded.  He discovered he likes to lift.  He is finishing dental school, and is axing his classes.  One of his bullies never grew past 5’7” and is a pudgy fat guy working at Home Depot.  
View Quote

Schadenfreude!  Not that your son should revel in it but enjoying a good life as a dentist is more than enough reward from the Universe (Creator).
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 1:08:36 PM EDT
[#20]
The town I grew up in was hit hard by the opiod issue. There's a long list of people that probably graduated high school without drinking or smoking and turned to heavy drugs within 10 years. Many of them have died.

A girl I dated in Jr high and remained friends with passed away recently. Nobody would confirm, but her inner circle said she was hiding a drug issue. She was really sweet, really popular and probably could have done anything she wanted.

Link Posted: 1/23/2023 1:09:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I see it alot in my past as well as my kids. A girl I was sweet on in high school who was a cute and petite cheerleader now must tip the scales around 300 lbs. I/ myself might have been voted " Most likely to be found dead in an alley clutching an empty liquer bottle " in school, haven't had a drink in maybe 35 years [ novelty wore off ]. And am now retired Law Enforcement with a nice state pension and active and healthy whereas jocks I've seen at high school reunions are now bloated up and walking with walkers and those who were top ten in academics in school ended up as drivers for UPS or contract drivers for Fedex. Life sure has a good way of kicking some people in the nuts!!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Don't we all?

Is anyone over the age of 40 not different from their 18 year old self?
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 1:11:34 PM EDT
[#23]
My buddy in high school, hadn’t seen him in 5 years.  
I figured out why.

CSC less than 13. With a boy….

Yikes.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 3:00:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Had usually about 8 kids in my grade going through high school. One girl was pretty cute, tall, massive 80s hair and had an athletic body. We hung around together lots. 30 years later I ran into a cousin who said he was dating an old friend of mine. He went and got her and brought her over. Both her and I had probably the most blank look on our faces as neither of us could place the other. Had to be reintroduce, very embarrassing.

She was very thin, lost all her curves, got glasses and looked like she was old enough to be my grandmother. She had been dealt a bad hand and had several health issues over the years and it aged her hard. I was rocking a beard so I could see how she might not recognize me.

Link Posted: 1/23/2023 3:20:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Two of my past girlfriends did hard time. One for drugs (2 stays in state prison) and the other did time for embezzlement.

Does that count?
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 3:27:10 PM EDT
[#26]
A kid I sorta knew in high school, but not really well, because he was basically a loser/stoner with no ambitions other than smoking weed (and selling a little), and listening to Iron Maiden.

Apparently he joined the military, got some college funding, got his degree, then went on to become a fairly high level agent in the DEA and a well-respected coach for youth sports.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 3:29:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Yep thats why I don't do it.

I occasionally message a few people I went to high school with, but thats it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Yep, my girlfriend from my Junior High days. Totally lost track of her when I moved. Found out many years later she's gay.

Link Posted: 1/23/2023 3:43:56 PM EDT
[#29]
my mom sent me a couple pics of a dude i used to play football with...who's now a trans rights activist up in the northeast somewhere...not gonna lie, he's way prettier than the ones in the government

guess he just liked being at the bottom of that dogpile too much, i dunno [\shrug]

i never would have guessed
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 3:45:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yep, my girlfriend from my Junior High days. Totally lost track of her when I moved. Found out many years later she's gay.

View Quote

Mostly likely your fault she is gay.  You didn’t satisfy her enough
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 3:46:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I don't have any social media so people can look me up and I can't look them up. The past is just that.
View Quote

LoL

When I get bored at work I look up old classmates with the state inmate search
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 3:47:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Once I got on FB a few years ago I started to try to connect with friends and associates from the past. For one thing I had some reel-to-reel tapes from bands I was in and I had CDs made that I wanted to send to them. Looking up people from 50 years back and more is usually not a rewarding process - nobody is exactly the same as they were at the age of 20 and those times are gone forever, but I was still kind of shocked by how many were dead or crazy. Still, I got the CDs out to a few who enjoyed them and we kinda stay in touch. I've never been able to find any of the old girlfriends and that is definitely for the best!
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 4:05:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Most of the people I knew are pretty much where I would have expected them to be in life. I might think that I would be the exception to that , but I would have to ask one of those folks.

Link Posted: 1/23/2023 4:12:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Huh, weird... I must have gone to the only high school in America where the hot girls, for the most part, stayed attractive after school and are married, the folks that got good grades went to good colleges and have good jobs, and most of the popular people ended up relatively successful.

Or maybe I just enjoyed my high school experience and was friends with lots of folks on all ends of the spectrum so I am not bitter and full of shit.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 4:17:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I see it alot in my past as well as my kids. A girl I was sweet on in high school who was a cute and petite cheerleader now must tip the scales around 300 lbs. I/ myself might have been voted " Most likely to be found dead in an alley clutching an empty liquer bottle " in school, haven't had a drink in maybe 35 years [ novelty wore off ]. And am now retired Law Enforcement with a nice state pension and active and healthy whereas jocks I've seen at high school reunions are now bloated up and walking with walkers and those who were top ten in academics in school ended up as drivers for UPS or contract drivers for Fedex. Life sure has a good way of kicking some people in the nuts!!!
View Quote

You and me have a few things in common. Minus the Law enforcement part.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 4:22:23 PM EDT
[#37]
I found a few high school friends on Facebook over the years.  They haven't changed.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 6:17:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 6:24:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Doesn't take that long.

Last week, one of my students that graduated in 2018 contacted me to ask about renewing her EMR license (re-do the course.)

When she graduated, she was top the class academically. She was very pretty, and started a modeling gig for a bit after high school.

Fast forward to last week and she stopped by to see me after school let out. She had filled out and had curves-- but the curves were in ALL the wrong places.  She had always been rail-thin (think model's body.)  Now, she had a pudgy face, pudgy mid-section, and slender chest and hips/butt.  Like seriously... I have never seen a shape like that on a living thing.  She also had black hair with blue streaks in it.

What struck me more was that she had a grayish-tan color to her skin.  Like unhealthy tone.

I asked her what she has been doing over the years since I saw her last.  She responded that she has done absolutely nothing. She had a mental collapse, been in and out of mental hospitals, and was currently seeing a mental health professional.  She actually got a call confirming her next appointment while sitting at my desk.

She's been dating a Paramedic and getting married to him in March (guy's diving for the bullet.)  Because of him, she had decided that she wants to become an EMT.  Bad news is coming regarding her mental health treatment and getting a license, but I didn't want to break it to her.

I'm really shocked at how fucked up physically, mentally, and spiritually a person could be.  I didn't mention some of her other WTF stuff.

Anyway... all of that from 2018 to 2023.
View Quote

I worked with someone that had a breakdown. Similar kind of thing. PIled on weight, went on some strong anti-psychotics, eventually killing herself. I was saddened but not the least bit surprised. She went from seeming normal to a total fucking state in less than two years.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Yes.  Will bookmark and respond later….
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 6:25:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Have had and lost a few friends who changed right before my very eyes.  It was very sad, but one must carry on.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Only ones I loved.

One of them changed for the better because I got myself out of the way.  Met a nice dude, told her I'd 'take myself out of the equation' (exact words) if I felt like I'd get in the way.  Got drunk one night and did that.  Now they have a kid together in addition to her two sons from her late husband (they got preg young... he was 14 she was 17, I found her when I was 12 and she was 13.. on habbo hotel) they own a house together, she looks happy based on her instagram pics.  Didn't even block me the last time I commented on one to let her know something going on in my life.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#43]
I've looked up old girlfriends, crushes, etc.

Man, I dodged a LOT of bullets.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you still feel guilty?
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 7:36:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 7:56:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Senior year in HS I dated Patti.  We went to prom together and I broke up w/ her shortly thereafter.  About 18 months later I was driving thru her area and foolishly decided to stop by.

I knocked, a woman answered the door and I said, "I dated a girl that used to live here"

"That's me"

She had put on so much weight I didn't recognize her.  Quickly realizing this was a BAD idea I said "Okay, this was a bad idea, I'll be leaving now"

"No, it's okay."  She stepped outside and closed the door.  I said, "So, how have you been?"

"THERE'S SOMETHING I WANT YOU TO KNOW.  I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR OVER A YEAR NOW"

"Um, okay, great."  Made small talk for a couple of minutes and I left.  While driving I started working the timeline backwards.  She got married w/in six months of us breaking up and proceeded to pack on a LOT of weight.  Dodged a bullet there.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:10:18 PM EDT
[#47]
My principal turned out to be a pedophile.

One time in high school, me and a couple of friends stole their dads sports car, and we went to the city for the day. It was awesome. We went to museums, a baseball game, and saw a parade.

The principal actually went around looking for us. He even went to my house, and tried to rape my sister. She kicked his ass though.

He almost caught me, but my sister saved my ass at the last minute.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:21:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

One time in high school, me and a couple of friends stole their dads sports car, and we went to the city for the day. It was awesome. We went to museums, a baseball game, and saw a parade.

The principal actually went around looking for us. He even went to my house, and tried to rape my sister. She kicked his ass though.

View Quote

I heard you passed out at 31 Flavors.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you hear that from your best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend that heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw it?
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:28:34 PM EDT
[#50]
It's more rare to find a person who has stayed the same. Although people that never left their home town are a good place to look. Another place to find a samer are the bullies from high school. Turns they had peaked in middle school.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top