Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:10:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dumb question. Of course you tell him you half-witt. You're his friend not hers!!!
View Quote

Sounds like the guy would care as much as I care about what my ex may or may not think.
Hope she found a way to be happy, I did, and it all started when she was out of the picture.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:12:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Stand down.  Don’t get involved unless he has some kind of breakdown thinking his ex got one over on him.  If he’s happy keep it under your hat.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:24:03 AM EDT
[#3]
If he’s happy, then he won’t give a shit. I divorced in 2014 and if I was a vengeful prick then I’d make sure she found out I was banging a chic 25 years younger now. I’m happy, so she can collect cats for all I care
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:32:45 AM EDT
[#4]
My ex is probably saying the same thing.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:59:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Success is the best revenge.
View Quote
yep, BTDT.
they suddenly realize that the problem is visualized best in a mirror
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 2:52:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Only tell him if you're absolutely SURE that he WON'T use that information as a reason to try to get back together with her.

Let her enjoy the brown, dried up grass that she asked for.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 3:06:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You must be living a kick-sss life if your ex is miserable because you're so happy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 3:13:03 AM EDT
[#8]
MYOB
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 3:24:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I wouldn't tell him. It might change the dynamic of the situation, and it sounds like he's in a good place. Leave it alone.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 3:30:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Majority of women are inherently miserable creatures. My advice, distance yourself from that woman. And follow your buddy in having a nice life.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 4:06:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 4:27:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, I’d take that one with me. Seems he’s doing just fine without knowing exactly what you heard.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 4:35:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Women have been taught that a man's job is to make them happy. If they aren't happy it's because the man failed them.  It drives them nuts that we don't need a woman to be happy.  We just add one to increase our happiness. None times out of ten men get over it real quit if the woman isn't playing fucking game with his children..  

Also as mentioned.  It might be in his best interest to not know or give a fuck what she's doing.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 4:55:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If ill-will to him is her intent I’d warn him to keep an eye out for her trying to do anything fishy (lying to people/kids about him, sending people around, false allegations, etc).

Sad she once cared for someone to marry him and now wants bad things to happen to him even after they are separated,

View Quote

This - sounds like that cunt is trying to start trouble to make him miserable.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 4:58:07 AM EDT
[#15]
the only strange part is that you're hanging out with your friend's ex............
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 5:25:55 AM EDT
[#16]
I had learn this the hard way, there lots of narcissistic men and women in this world, the trick is to avoid them at all costs; many times they are really difficult to spot. Narcissism is a kind of like a mental illness.

For you folks who are not in a serious relationship, you should research narcissism and avoid them; but those folks are difficult to spot, they even fool experts, until it is too late.

Nine Signs Of A Covert Narcissist.
https://wasitme.blog/2020/03/13/nine-signs-of-a-covert-narcissist/
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 6:04:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Many such cases

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 6:27:52 AM EDT
[#18]
My &0.02 - MYOB

but keep that info in your pocket in case you ever need to talk your friend down from a ledge

Women are like that. It used to infuriate my SIL when her ex-husband had any sort of success or happiness. Of course, HE left HER so I kinda get that but letting somebody live in your head, rent free, must get exhausting.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 6:27:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
He knows.
View Quote

That’s what I was thinking too.

Sometimes the best revenge is living well.

Sounds like she got everything she asked for but what she really wanted was to punish him.

Maybe she should focus on living her life and doing what she wants. Just like he’s doing.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 6:49:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You must be living a kick-sss life if your ex is miserable because you're so happy.
View Quote

In my experience...that's the nature of "empowered" 20-30 somethings.

When I get fed up, It is why I say-go be miserable with your mother. Misery enjoys company.

Nothing is as upsetting to them, quite like being happy without them.

What? You think my life should suck/be miserable without you? Pfft.
Want to gauge just how miserable they are?
Things are looking good, invite her over.

Say this-See (things you enjoy) and (hobbies you enjoy)? All of this was here before you, it will be here during you, and long after you are gone. I promise.
Nothing is at your discretion for sale or forfeiture/surrender.

If she decides to leave, she's done you a favor. For the inevitable "we need to talk about your..." "you should sell..."
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 7:00:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Sounds like she got everything she asked for but what she really wanted was to punish him.

Maybe she should focus on living her life and doing what she wants. Just like he’s doing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He knows.

I think she may not have hobbies and other interests, my soon to-be ex, didn't have any hobbies, nothing; I thought I could teach her since their family was struggling with financial problems. Nope, she didn't enough only to win me over, as her goal in life was to have a family... You have to choose wisely, you could be manipulated and not know it until it is too late.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 7:14:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
She sounds like a miserable cunt.
View Quote

I’m 62, and still waiting to meet a woman who is not.

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 7:14:52 AM EDT
[#23]
It sounds like he will get a laugh out of it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 7:27:34 AM EDT
[#24]
dt...
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 7:33:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Stand down.  Don’t get involved unless he has some kind of breakdown thinking his ex got one over on him.  If he’s happy keep it under your hat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Im going with this. Dont need to create unnecessary drama. Also it's the exact type of female gossipy drama she probably thrives on. Itd be stooping to her level. Let him enjoy his life let her wallow in her misery.

Quoted:
I had learn this the hard way, there lots of narcissistic men and women in this world, the trick is to avoid them at all costs; many times they are really difficult to spot. Narcissism is a kind of like a mental illness.

For you folks who are not in a serious relationship, you should research narcissism and avoid them; but those folks are difficult to spot, they even fool experts, until it is too late.

Nine Signs Of A Covert Narcissist.
https://wasitme.blog/2020/03/13/nine-signs-of-a-covert-narcissist/

It quite literally is a mental illness.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 7:34:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The best revenge is living well.
View Quote

This.

I'm in a far better place now and my ex is not. I'm sure that pisses her off every day.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 7:38:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I don’t get it. I couldn’t care less if my wife is out having fun with her friends or doing something.  She could go on a week long Caribbean cruise and I’d be happy as shit just hanging out at home and the range and the bar.
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 7:42:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Should I tell him about this? I’m kind of in disbelief but I heard it directly from her mouth. Even though he’d probably just shrug, crack open a miller lite and ask me if I had time to go golfing. I don’t know why it bothers me so much, and I’d hate to put that on him.

Why would she even be like this? This is what she wanted
View Quote

Assuming any of this is true (I have doubts), why would you? It’s not his business or yours.

As to why she’s like that, for whatever reason she has a lot of resentment built up. Maybe that’s because of him, maybe it’s because of her. Likely both, but she’s not letting it go. That’s entirely on her. If any of this story is true, mind you.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 7:48:00 AM EDT
[#29]
MYOB.

Women are branch climbers. When they use phrases like “I love you but I’m not in love with you” or the one she used in your friend it’s a safe bet there’s some other dude she’s interested in and thinks she can climb to the next branch.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 7:59:03 AM EDT
[#30]
How long has he been divorced?

The post divorced honeymoon tends to last maybe one or two years IMO. Maybe a bit longer if they find someone to fill a void.

But any sort of happiness from their exes will drive them into a mental state, as if they can't be happy, no one else can.

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:00:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The best revenge is just that, living well. You should tell him but I bet he wont give a fuck. Shes off his radar, he simply wont care if shes happy or not. The opposite of love isnt hate... Its indifference.
View Quote

Yup.

People feed off of emotions,  hate being one.

Indifference?  They can't feed off that.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:03:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My friend is a good guy. I’m obviously not privy to what went on behind closed doors but he seemed like he did it all right til he got hit with the “this isn’t where my life needs to be” conversation then her distancing herself then served with divorce. She wanted to be free to live her life without being tied down to home and family (Kids are in college and the Army but still “live” at home)

Anyway, I overheard her talking to my cousin about how she got alimony, their house and a sizable portion of their savings/retirement but she’s “miserable because [my friend] isn’t unhappy”

I know my buddy is out loving life. He fishes all the time. He has female coworkers he will go see movies with and keep things casual with. He’s restoring an old car and recently went on a trip to Europe to see his favorite band, Millencolin (legit band btw) She said her kids always tell her what their dad is up to and it just makes her mad because he’s always out having a blast and doing fun things with them.

Should I tell him about this? I’m kind of in disbelief but I heard it directly from her mouth. Even though he’d probably just shrug, crack open a miller lite and ask me if I had time to go golfing. I don’t know why it bothers me so much, and I’d hate to put that on him.

Why would she even be like this? This is what she wanted
View Quote

Projection on the woman's part. SHE is the one that is unhappy. She is one of the many unstable people that have trouble forming and maintaining relationships. As others here have said, she wanted the divorce but it didn't give her the "happiness" that she was seeking. Truth is, she will not be "happy" with ANYTHING because she is just a miserable person.

But she will put on a good show for the next man that comes along, only to rinse and repeat. I know a couple of women like that.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:06:06 AM EDT
[#33]

The grass is not always greener…….and I would let that sleeping dog lie
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:11:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

No. My career field involves complex mathematics so there aren’t any.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@amediocreshooter

Have you ever worked with a group of women?

As a doc, I unfortunately work with 95%+ women.  Just when you think you get everyone on the same page, one of them goes off the reservation to fuck it all up.  Very frustrating, but since this last episode, I’m not going to try doing that again.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:16:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My &0.02 - MYOB

but keep that info in your pocket in case you ever need to talk your friend down from a ledge

Women are like that. It used to infuriate my SIL when her ex-husband had any sort of success or happiness. Of course, HE left HER so I kinda get that but letting somebody live in your head, rent free, must get exhausting.
View Quote

The "final straw" for a woman that I know was her husband buying out his employer's profitable business. Security business, pre-911. Appeared to me that he did something for his own happiness, and she couldn't handle the loss of "control" over him.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:16:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The best revenge is living well.
View Quote

This was my mantra in the days following my ex leaving for my friend. It kept me focused on what was important and necessary.

It kept me from allowing emotions to enter into the equation.

She’s in the middle of divorce number two and I’m having a blast.

TC
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:21:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL. Flex on women being dumb at Math. Love the power move.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:24:35 AM EDT
[#38]
I would give your friend heads-up, women can be very vindictive.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:32:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Assuming any of this is true (I have doubts), why would you? It’s not his business or yours.

As to why she’s like that, for whatever reason she has a lot of resentment built up. Maybe that’s because of him, maybe it’s because of her. Likely both, but she’s not letting it go. That’s entirely on her. If any of this story is true, mind you.
View Quote

You need to date some 40-50 yo women (figuratively). It’s as if 50% of the population are narcissists—both men and women. They’re not happy till YOU’RE not happy.

There are tons of women like the op described. They divorced their hubby but that wasn’t enough. He needs to suffer for the rest of his life or her life won’t be complete.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:32:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I would give your friend heads-up, women can be very vindictive.
View Quote

Vindictive or not, if she is gonna do something, nothing that OP can say will prevent that from happening.

Better just to leave it alone IMO.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:37:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The article goes on into detail how she sees him with his wife and kids and envies them.

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:37:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Snicker!!
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:42:41 AM EDT
[#43]
I would maybe want to clue my buddy in on it if it were him, but I'd suspect that he would either already know (his kids probably tell him stuff, like they tell their mother stuff), and/or he wouldn't care.

I would warn to be cautious... some women just like to be vindictive, because if they're not happy, no one should be.

But the friend is doing it right - he's engaging in his own interests and enjoying life. Exactly what the ex-wife thought it would be like for her.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:48:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You need to date some 40-50 yo women (figuratively). It’s as if 50% of the population are narcissists—both men and women. They’re not happy till YOU’RE not happy.

There are tons of women like the op described. They divorced their hubby but that wasn’t enough. He needs to suffer for the rest of his life or her life won’t be complete.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t doubt that those sorts exist. I know a few. I have doubts that OP’s story is more than a fabricated premise for getting guys talking shit about women. And hey, it worked.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:58:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
"Put that on him"?

He's out enjoying life and making her miserable at the same time. He already knows. He'd probably love to hear what you overheard.
View Quote

There is a chance he may feel bad about it. I say don’t tell. Everything is going to plan now. Why possibly ruin it?
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:03:25 AM EDT
[#46]
MGTOW thread
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:05:54 AM EDT
[#47]
This isn't unusual for either party after a divorce but it's more common
with women in my experience.  Of course she's upset he's living his best life.

I would just keep my mouth shut.  It's really not your business.  He seems
to have moved on well.  Let it lay
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:06:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Overheard my friends ex wife talking to my cousin....    What should I do?
This pretty much sums up why I avoid most people. Nothing about any of that
has anything to do with you. If your friend knowing his ex is unhappy because he
is happy will make him more happy, then he is as petty as she is. Just stay the hell out
of other peoples petty bullshit and worry about your own.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:07:16 AM EDT
[#49]
I bet the thing that makes him happiest is having that crazy bitch outta his life.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:07:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
the only strange part is that you're hanging out with your friend's ex............
View Quote

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top