Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:22:00 AM EDT
[#1]
My wife must be one of those elusive unicorns.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:24:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Kind of a bitch that feminism tells them they can do better, since all societal wisdom says their sexual worth to other men falls like the walls of Jericho after age 23
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:26:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I overheard from my former cousins sister in law that Bigfoot took in DB Cooper when he landed.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:51:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Kind of a bitch that feminism tells them they can do better, since all societal wisdom says their sexual worth to other men falls like the walls of Jericho after age 23
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That is the standing joke, but truth, of modern feminism and very seldom talked about.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:53:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My wife must be one of those elusive unicorns.
View Quote

Give it time bröther.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:01:57 AM EDT
[#6]
She’s probably miserable because she’s having trouble finding her next victim.  She is finding out that she isn’t the 9 she thought she was.  

Personally I might mention it if it came up in conversation, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to gossip about it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I would bet the kids have already told him in one way or another. IMHO it would be best to stay out of it unless he hints at wanting to know how she is doing for some reason.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:54:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The best revenge is living well.
View Quote
This. Live well. Be happy. Let anger and bitterness eat up someone else.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:00:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Why would an Ex Wife be unhappy because her Ex is Happy?
Maybe it wasn't the man who was the problem but her.

Maybe she was externalizing and projecting the source of her unhappiness which was within her onto him and blaming him for it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:01:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don’t doubt that those sorts exist. I know a few. I have doubts that OP’s story is more than a fabricated premise for getting guys talking shit about women. And hey, it worked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Assuming any of this is true (I have doubts), why would you? It’s not his business or yours.

As to why she’s like that, for whatever reason she has a lot of resentment built up. Maybe that’s because of him, maybe it’s because of her. Likely both, but she’s not letting it go. That’s entirely on her. If any of this story is true, mind you.

You need to date some 40-50 yo women (figuratively). It’s as if 50% of the population are narcissists—both men and women. They’re not happy till YOU’RE not happy.

There are tons of women like the op described. They divorced their hubby but that wasn’t enough. He needs to suffer for the rest of his life or her life won’t be complete.

I don’t doubt that those sorts exist. I know a few. I have doubts that OP’s story is more than a fabricated premise for getting guys talking shit about women. And hey, it worked.

Dear Arfhouse...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I told my daughter after her bad breakup years ago with her BF that the sweetest revenge is being happy.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:08:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I would stay out of it.

At least you learned a lesson into how women think, keep that in your pocket.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:11:40 AM EDT
[#13]
I’ve been married 31 years and I don’t think I’ve ever overheard a conversation between females that I wasn’t meant to overhear.  They have perfected a top-secret, quiet, monotone that is impossible to decipher. Even from close range.

Don’t pass it on.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:28:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
MYOB
View All Quotes
Quoted:
MYOB

Quoted:
No, don't tell him.  It is considered Lashon Hara (evil speech).

Quoted:
Don't be a gossip.

Quoted:

Im going with this. Dont need to create unnecessary drama. Also it's the exact type of female gossipy drama she probably thrives on. Itd be stooping to her level. Let him enjoy his life let her wallow in her misery.

All of the above.

Also….

Quoted:
Same thing Tom Brady and millions of men have to deal with....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYLpFqxp_FI

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:30:04 AM EDT
[#15]
After hearing that I would just be happy my friend got away from that miserable cunt.

No need to say a thing, I'm sure he already knows and I'm not a gossip that needs to tell everyone everything I overhear from others conversations.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Her “Anything but that” is being happy…getting on with life.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:34:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:37:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

@amediocreshooter

Have you ever worked with a group of women?
View Quote

Bingo. I was the it guy in a large medical group. I.E. 99% women nurses, NP’s, and doctors.

That whole sisterhood thing is total bullshit. Women hate each other. They constantly compete with each other. They are fake as fuck to each other. I saw the behavior for years with many different women.

There are a handful that didn’t engage in that stuff. A small handful.

Oh, and of course she is unhappy she got what she wanted. Women have no idea what they want. Seriously. There is a reason that for 95% of history men were smart enough to not let women vote or have a say. And I’m not trying to be a jerk. It’s just an obvious observation.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:40:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Because with drastic changes in the social underpinnings and cultural norms which guided changes, people were left to pick up the slack, and there is a giant gap between rational decision making and emotions.

People are left to feel the void with their own emotions, and often choose wrong because emotions are inherently not a good long term strategy. She probably externalized a lot of her problems being due to the nature of her relationship and home structure, versus being an internal issue. This is exacerbated by the differences of men and women at later stages of life.

It's an expectation versus reality thing.

I think if we were all honest with ourselves, if we broke up with someone and saw they were more happy without us, it would probably not feel all too well.
View Quote

Too bad you didn’t apply this much logic in your .308 thread. Lol j/k man, you’re spot on.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:40:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Wait, a woman who's a petty cunt that revels in schadenfreude? No way!
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:43:01 AM EDT
[#21]
I mean assuming it's a true story, I wouldn't say anything.  He sounds like he's in a good spot and should be left alone.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:44:39 AM EDT
[#22]

If that’s confusing to you, it tells us more about you than him.

His answer is obvious and expected and he probably is very smart.

If you’re confused…ahem.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I mean assuming it's a true story, I wouldn't say anything.  He sounds like he's in a good spot and should be left alone.
View Quote
I dunno, maybe he'll get a kick out of it. When my ex-wife came nosing around for a reconciliation, and I told her NFW, I hung up the phone, laughed, and said, "I win."
After what I'd been through, it felt good to know that she knew she'd fucked up. Actually, thinking about it right this second, 20 years later, it still feels kinda good.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:51:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Agree. My ex hates the fact that I remarried and I’m happy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The best revenge is living well.

Agree. My ex hates the fact that I remarried and I’m happy.

Ditto.
It’s aging her like milk.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I don't know if I'd tell him

but I'd 100% start telling my cousin how unbelievably hot his female friends and coworkers are
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:06:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Yep.   Daughter through marriage was a hottie wrapped around crazy throughly mixed with a narcissistic shot of victim that grew into an overweight bruja.    Whereas her divorced hubbie is pretty level and slim and trim and living his best single life.   Makes daughter crazier then normal.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:07:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Only tell him if you're absolutely SURE that he WON'T use that information as a reason to try to get back together with her.

Let her enjoy the brown, dried up grass that she asked for.
View Quote

Just don’t tell him. Period. He doesn’t need to think about his ex any more than the law requires
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:07:52 PM EDT
[#28]
IDK tell him so he can step it up a notch
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:12:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Women have been taught that a man's job is to make them happy. If they aren't happy it's because the man failed them.  It drives them nuts that we don't need a woman to be happy.  We just add one to increase our happiness. None times out of ten men get over it real quit if the woman isn't playing fucking game with his children..  

Also as mentioned.  It might be in his best interest to not know or give a fuck what she's doing.
View Quote

Generally if a guy is unhappy he says what can I change?  When a woman is unhappy she says what can he change?

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:18:17 PM EDT
[#30]
She always says " I'm Glad you got someone who's just like you and you're happy"

Thats code for Fuck you / I messed up / hate seeing you happy etc.

But shes good overall about it and coridal to my new GF.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#31]
My life, plans, career and success took off after I divorced the ex.

Being married to her was like having a millstone hung around my neck and the water was getting deeper.

The instant she mentioned that “E” word (entitlement), I told her to hire a lawyer.

Gave her everything she asked for and then some that she just took just to be rid of her and her family.  

Not going to lie, it hurt like hell.

Life has been glorious since and I know she knows it.  

Don’t tell him, it is picking a scab.  He is living well and that is the best revenge.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If you’re confused…ahem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If you’re confused…ahem.

I think he was referring to the comment about no women in complex math career fields.  They are under-represented, but they exist.  Some attractive, too.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Bingo. I was the it guy in a large medical group. I.E. 99% women nurses, NP’s, and doctors.

That whole sisterhood thing is total bullshit. Women hate each other. They constantly compete with each other. They are fake as fuck to each other. I saw the behavior for years with many different women.

There are a handful that didn’t engage in that stuff. A small handful.

Oh, and of course she is unhappy she got what she wanted. Women have no idea what they want. Seriously. There is a reason that for 95% of history men were smart enough to not let women vote or have a say. And I’m not trying to be a jerk. It’s just an obvious observation.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:57:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

No. My career field involves complex mathematics so there aren’t any.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@amediocreshooter

"Have you seen Hidden Figures?" - Bill Burr 2008
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:13:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I had learn this the hard way, there lots of narcissistic men and women in this world, the trick is to avoid them at all costs; many times they are really difficult to spot. Narcissism is a kind of like a mental illness.

For you folks who are not in a serious relationship, you should research narcissism and avoid them; but those folks are difficult to spot, they even fool experts, until it is too late.

Nine Signs Of A Covert Narcissist.
https://wasitme.blog/2020/03/13/nine-signs-of-a-covert-narcissist/
View Quote

This article was full of great information, but it was difficult to get through due to the extremely poor grammar and sentence structure.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:16:35 PM EDT
[#36]
If that were my buddies ex i would introduce her to the dirtiest dick i know.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:20:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Vindictive or not, if she is gonna do something, nothing that OP can say will prevent that from happening.

Better just to leave it alone IMO.
View Quote

Thank Elohim I don’t have friends like you. If I find out you had information like that and it could have helped me protect myself from a vindictive ex you’d be removed from my life immediately.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:25:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Sounds like he went his own way. Good for him.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:40:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Just for clarity, were these "female casual coworker movie dates" before or after the breakup?  I must have missed it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:45:58 PM EDT
[#40]
You're a simp if you think that'd bother him at all and might drive him back into her arms like some kind of white knight coming to her rescue.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This article was full of great information, but it was difficult to get through due to the extremely poor grammar and sentence structure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had learn this the hard way, there lots of narcissistic men and women in this world, the trick is to avoid them at all costs; many times they are really difficult to spot. Narcissism is a kind of like a mental illness.

For you folks who are not in a serious relationship, you should research narcissism and avoid them; but those folks are difficult to spot, they even fool experts, until it is too late.

Nine Signs Of A Covert Narcissist.
https://wasitme.blog/2020/03/13/nine-signs-of-a-covert-narcissist/

True to that on grammar & sentence structure She is a stay at home mom, but I like her observations and some simple explanations.

On Youtube you can follow "Elizabeth Shaw." If you want a person with a PhD in psych, follow "DoctorRamani," she is a real psychologist, but she has nothing written.

There are many men and women that have personality disorders, some studies say there are more men, I can't confirm that. I think the most famous is Johnny Depp and Amber Heard; Heard has Borderline personality disorder (BPD), this condition may sound innocuous, but it is very serious. Dep won a court judgement against Heard, a rare case because most courts side with the woman.

ETA: For those who want to learn more about personality disorder Google "What are the 10 personality disorders?"
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:47:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:50:07 PM EDT
[#43]
This is how it goes a lot of the time.  She wants out so she can go be happy.  The guy gets out and is doing great which makes the ex miserable because she was the one who was supposed to be living it up and how could he possibly be happy without her?

I lived it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:51:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

@amediocreshooter

View Quote

^THIS
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:53:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Why should you bring up your friends ex-wife because it bothers you?  That's your problem, not your friends problem from the way you described things.

Be happy your friend is happy and forget about it.  If later he asks about her for some reason, although
I doubt he will, maybe then consider sharing it, but even then what does it matter?

My 2 cents, drop it, it's just gossip.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 2:03:44 PM EDT
[#46]
People that lack empathy are hollow, empty souls, and they can never be happy no how much money, possessions etc they have; those folks feed on the energy of other people who have empathy.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Couple questions

You mentioned kids.  How many and how old are they?

If your good guy friend now freshly divorced is out living life and traveling the world while his ex wife is stuck home raising his kids and doing the day to day stuff, yeah, I can see how she might look at his happiness as bullshit.  

My dad did a similar thing when my parents divorced.  I thought it was cool at the time because my dad came around every other weekend for his visitation time and we’d do fun shit.  Did he do anything with us outside of that?  Fuck no

Just a different perspective to consider.  Need more info here
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 2:44:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Couple questions

You mentioned kids.  How many and how old are they?

If your good guy friend now freshly divorced is out living life and traveling the world while his ex wife is stuck home raising his kids and doing the day to day stuff, yeah, I can see how she might look at his happiness as bullshit.  

My dad did a similar thing when my parents divorced.  I thought it was cool at the time because my dad came around every other weekend for his visitation time and we’d do fun shit.  Did he do anything with us outside of that?  Fuck no

Just a different perspective to consider.  Need more info here
View Quote

It's in the OP:

"She wanted to be free to live her life without being tied down to home and family (Kids are in college and the Army but still “live” at home)

Anyway, I overheard her talking to my cousin about how she got alimony, their house and a sizable portion of their savings/retirement..."
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 2:49:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
@JoeJeeps, you win for Most Mesmerizing Avatar on Arfcom. What movie/show is that from?
View Quote

I have been wondering about this for a while.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Yeah, you should probably mention it to him.  Might help him to know that she's feeling that way and therefore may seek to sabotage him at some point.  

The best revenge in life is to live well, because most people are miserable #$%*s who wish they could.  

Good for your friend though. Life is so finite man, we're all only here for so long and the world is filled with just great amazing things to see and experience.  So easy to get caught up in negative stuff and for others to drag you down into their misery, but if you can stay positive in this world that's a beautiful thing worthy of admiration not jealousy.  
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top