Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 10/4/2022 8:30:28 PM EDT
I ordered pizzas ($40.00) for my neighbors kids from a pizza place that delivers. Their grandad died Monday morning and this was for their dinner tonight. They were extremely close to their grandad, one even lived with him.

I ordered at 5:49pm.

Around 6:30 I checked the order tracking which showed the order was complete (delivered).

I called to make sure since I hadn’t seen the delivery (they live next door) and it had not.

I called the pizza place. 3 times in a row the phone rang until it disconnected itself.
The fourth time the phone was picked up and hung up
The fifth time it was answered and I was put on hold.
After 16 minutes I hung up and called back. Before I could be put on hold I asked for the manager.
About 10 minutes later, at 7:09pm, I saw the delivery driver make the delivery.
I hung up while still on hold.

I prepaid the drivers tip and paid the mandatory bullshit delivery fee just to place the order.

What would you do?
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:32:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Charge back
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:33:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I worked at a pizza shop for years during HS and afterwards.  Whenever people called to complain about not getting their food yet we'd say "ok, if it's not there in 10 minutes just wait a little longer".  

You got your stuff in a not-unreasonable amount of time, stop whining.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:34:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I worked at a pizza shop for years during HS and afterwards.  Whenever people called to complain about not getting their food yet we'd say "ok, if it's not there in 10 minutes just wait a little longer".  

View Quote

An hour and 20 minutes is reasonable? Bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Did it get there hot and fresh? If so, I’d just chalk it up as a shitty service. Maybe don’t order from them again.

If it was cold and congealed, demand full refund.

Delivering pizzas in a timely manner is not rocket science.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:36:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make your own pizza then, princess.  If you're too lazy to go pick it up you'll get it when they get it to you.  

The whole world is short staffed.  Deal with it.

ETA: How much did you tip?
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:36:40 PM EDT
[#6]
It's an hour and 20 minutes during rush time to make food brand new and bring it to you.
You don't deserve right now treatment because it's charitable, even though that's super nice of you.
Everybody's swamped and understaffed. Let it go.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Forty bucks for two pizzas delivered these days is actually pretty cheap, so you got what you paid for.  Was the pizza still hot when delivered or was it cold and nasty?

If hot, don't order from them again.  If cold, don't order from them again and leave bad reviews on social media.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:37:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Food got there.

An hour 11 is a little long but ive seen worse
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:37:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Make your own pizza then, princess.  If you're too lazy to go pick it up you'll get it when they get it to you.  

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:37:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Did you blade at 45?
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:38:47 PM EDT
[#11]
It sucks.  But.. now you know to never go patronize them again.  And, tell everyone you know not to eat there.  Thats enough.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:39:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Some people might take a tragedy like that as a reminder to cherish your time on earth and not stress over small inconveniences.
Not the OP.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Was the pizza fresh? The time pretty much the same thing happened to me it was completely cold. Nobody ever answered, I had to do a CC charge back on the whole meal.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:40:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not everyone in the world is just sitting around to wait on you personally man.
Maybe one of the delivery guys which also if you didn't know probably had to make the pie, and have to stay to midnight cleaning the store after got in a wreck and got hurt and lost his car but fuck him right?
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:40:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Some people might take a tragedy like that as a reminder to cherish your time on earth and not stress over small inconveniences.
Not the OP.
View Quote

Small inconveniences like mourning your grandad over a slice of cold shitty pizza. Sure. OK.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:41:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a fatty, I get a lot of good delivered. That's a normal amount of time ordering from an app.

If the place delivers with their own drivers, food is usually about 20-30 minutes max.

It's not like when I was delivering pizza back in the day, places don't need to hire their own drivers because it's a lot cheaper to use a delivery app.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Demand?  There are two magic words that always win out over demands.  "Fuck off."
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:41:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Maybe one of the delivery guys which also if you didn't know probably had to make the pie, and have to stay to midnight cleaning the store after got in a wreck and got hurt and lost his car but fuck him right?
View Quote

Good grief
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:42:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the lie is just a bonus? Driver knew that the time was unacceptable that's why he lied to corporate and to the customer.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:42:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Sounds like they delivered to wrong place or wrongly marked your order as delivered when delivering someone else.

It still only took an hour and 20 minutes.

Meh. Not worth my time to try and get refund.

Don’t order from there again
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:42:28 PM EDT
[#21]
In on one of the pissing Match
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:42:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Does dominoes still guarantee 30-minutes or less?
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:42:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Did it get there hot and fresh? If so, I’d just chalk it up as a shitty service. Maybe don’t order from them again.

If it was cold and congealed, demand full refund.

Delivering pizzas in a timely manner is not rocket science.
View Quote

Damn, there's that word again.  "Demand."  lol!
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Does dominoes still guarantee 30-minutes or less?
View Quote

45 minutes or less now
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:43:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that’s probably what happened.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:43:54 PM EDT
[#26]
They should pick up the phone.  But when I worked at a pizza place, we would take the phones off the hook to give us time to catch up.  I guess they still do that.  An hour and 20 is not unreasonable if they're busy.  You should relax.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:44:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh good fucking grief.  You both sound like you’re from the stay home because of covid generation.

The “the world should be grateful for my labor” generation
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:45:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Unless the pizza was cold and or fucked up, I would just let it go.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:47:15 PM EDT
[#30]
My local pizza place has gone from having about 5 employees every time I pick up to having 1 or 2.

I'm worried we're getting to a point that the people who DO work are being punished by the customers for the problems created by those who DON'T work.

It'll make jobs even harder to fill when they quit, too.

In this weird period of time, I'm trying to be very understanding and/or taking steps to do more for them, like doing carryout instead of delivery.  Honestly, I consider everyone who holds ANY job and does it moderately well to be my hero.  That's how sad things have gotten.

When I showed up for carryout one time, I ordered at 6:00 with a scheduled pick up time of 7:30.  I arrived at 7:29 and still had to wait 20 minutes in the lobby for the pizza.  The 2 guys in the shop were clearly busting their ass to get the pizzas out the door.

I've noticed that places like Papa John's seem to be farming out the calls to call centers in India when you call the local number for the local store to place an order.

If you want to get mad at something, get mad at the system that's failing so miserably right now.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:47:55 PM EDT
[#31]
instant gratification is a thing
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:48:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is as much of a response as you’ll get from me.

Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:48:44 PM EDT
[#33]
How far are you from the pizza place?
Let's say they actually were on top of their shit and had enough dough ready based on previous Mondays.
Are they hand tossing, send it through the sheeter, already set and raising in pans?

Then you gotta finish any pizzas in line before yours then measue out sauce cheese toppings and apply them in something approaching an equally distributed fashion. Probably about 10 minutes through the oven and another couple minutes to slice it and box it. We are already creeping on 20 minutes from your order being placed.

Now how many delivery drivers are there and how many deliveries need to be made and how many can be consolidated in a single run? Maybe your pizza was the first one in but the 4th delivery the driver made because that was the route that made sense.

And bam you are at an hour 11. That's not even anything fucking up just a rather standard delivery with a little bit of shit luck.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:48:47 PM EDT
[#34]
We had a local pizza place that was here for years.  They closed.

Sandwich place took their place.  6 months later, they closed.  This put even more pressure on the remaining pizzerias.

I live in suburbia and there are at least 7 shops nearby.  If you don't order a pizza by 5:00, you'll be lucky to see it in 90 minutes, and that's if you pick it up.  I can be picky about service, so I see where you're coming from.  Heck, I don't think any of the pizza cutters passed geometry.  My kids laugh when I complain about uneven slices

Acceptable?  Perhaps not.  But it's the new reality, though I do see the tide turning.  Chin up OP.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:49:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

My wife is an area supervisor and oversees 7 stores with a total sales in the millions.

She's says it's completely unacceptable.

I worked at a pizza place while working my way through school. That would have never been acceptable then, either.

Our manager would have gotten reamed for 1) Not answering the phone. 2) the app saying the pizza had been delivered when it hasn't been. 3) excessive delivery time.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:49:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Just to clarify…

Was the pizza marked as delivered on the tracking app before it was actually delivered?
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:49:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Unless the pizza was cold and or fucked up, I would just let it go.
View Quote
i read that in John Rambo's voice

Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Busy nights around here run about an hour sometimes more.

Never trust the app
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:50:20 PM EDT
[#39]
I'd let it go and never order from them again, and tell everyone who will listen not to order from them either.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#40]
If they were slammed, they should have told you. The pizza joints around here always give an estimate of delivery time so you can decline if too long.
Its usually about 35-45 minutes. An hour + when they're busy.
This is why I tip the delivery people well. They always manage to get me my pizza quickly.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Oh good fucking grief.  You both sound like you’re from the stay home because of covid generation.

The “the world should be grateful for my labor” generation
View Quote

Not the world, just OP.  

I try not to be a douche to people doing the best they can.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:51:16 PM EDT
[#42]
I would either:
A) Call and ask for order delivery ETA when I placed the order
B) Give them one more try and see if just a long wait every time
C) Not order from them again
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:51:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Food got there.

An hour 11 is a little long but ive seen worse
View Quote

Our local good pizza place is phenomenal. They don’t do delivery or deal with any of the food services. Eating in is ok, 45 ish minute wait for food. Ordering for pickup is often 3 hours. They quote you that up front, they prioritize people eating at the restaurant.

We still order it regularly, you just have to plan.

Edit: Just checked, “ASAP” right now is 90 minutes for pickup. 6 pm on a Tuesday.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:52:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yeah that's probably what happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's another one that DEMANDS SERVICE RIGHT NOW.
Yeah drivers never get rear ended hard, get flats, get fucking robbed bit by dogs, or anything else on runs; leaving everyone else to soak it up.  It's 100% smooth sailing 100% of the time.
It's just serve your ass immediately 24/7.

Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Was the pizza cold?
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Just to clarify…

Was the pizza marked as delivered on the tracking app before it was actually delivered?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:52:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's your answer then.  Nobody wants to take a run they already know they're getting stiffed on.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:53:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Terrible answer.  Its not the superbowl.  Don't give people an expectation then screw them over.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:54:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
How far are you from the pizza place?
Let's say they actually were on top of their shit and had enough dough ready based on previous Mondays.
Are they hand tossing, send it through the sheeter, already set and raising in pans?

Then you gotta finish any pizzas in line before yours then measue out sauce cheese toppings and apply them in something approaching an equally distributed fashion. Probably about 10 minutes through the oven and another couple minutes to slice it and box it. We are already creeping on 20 minutes from your order being placed.

Now how many delivery drivers are there and how many deliveries need to be made and how many can be consolidated in a single run? Maybe your pizza was the first one in but the 4th delivery the driver made because that was the route that made sense.

And bam you are at an hour 11. That's not even anything fucking up just a rather standard delivery with a little bit of shit luck.
View Quote

You missed the part where they lied about it being delivered and hung up on the customer. Honest mistake I'm sure.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:55:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yeah drivers never get rear ended hard, get flats, get fucking robbed bit by dogs, or anything else on runs; leaving everyone else to soak it up.  It's 100% smooth sailing 100% of the time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which one of your imagined issued caused the store to hang up on OP?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top