Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:56:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You missed the part where they lied about it being delivered and hung up on the customer. Honest mistake I'm sure.
View Quote

Finally. Someone with reading comprehension skills. Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:57:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Oh good fucking grief.  You both sound like you're from the stay home because of covid generation.

The "the world should be grateful for my labor" generation
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make your own pizza then, princess.  If you're too lazy to go pick it up you'll get it when they get it to you.  

The whole world is short staffed.  Deal with it.

ETA: How much did you tip?

Quoted:
Not everyone in the world is just sitting around to wait on you personally man.
Maybe one of the delivery guys which also if you didn't know probably had to make the pie, and have to stay to midnight cleaning the store after got in a wreck and got hurt and lost his car but fuck him right?

Oh good fucking grief.  You both sound like you're from the stay home because of covid generation.

The "the world should be grateful for my labor" generation
Work pizza delivery for 6 months and tell me how good you are at it in the "you're a piece of shit delivery man get my food NOW" generation.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Which one of your imagined issued caused the store to hang up on OP?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I worked at a pizza shop for years during HS and afterwards.  Whenever people called to complain about not getting their food yet we'd say "ok, if it's not there in 10 minutes just wait a little longer".  

You got your stuff in a not-unreasonable amount of time, stop whining.

An hour and 20 minutes is reasonable? Bullshit.
Maybe one of the delivery guys which also if you didn't know probably had to make the pie, and have to stay to midnight cleaning the store after got in a wreck and got hurt and lost his car but fuck him right?

Yeah that's probably what happened.
Here's another one that DEMANDS SERVICE RIGHT NOW.
Yeah drivers never get rear ended hard, get flats, get fucking robbed bit by dogs, or anything else on runs; leaving everyone else to soak it up.  It's 100% smooth sailing 100% of the time.
It's just serve your ass immediately 24/7.

"The phone won't stop ringing, I have 20 pizzas to clear the screen, and this guy keeps calling to ask where his stuff is that left here 20 minutes ago with a driver who had 4 other orders and is taking this guy's last because he already didn't tip. Sorry bro I don't have time for this." *click*
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Charge back
View Quote

This is the way.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:58:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Way back, before there were protozoa, in Houston (pre-Domino's), there was only one pizza delivery option in the central city (Montrose, Heights), Star Pizza. And they would deliver, take checks, and bring beer. But only if you acknowledged that the wait time might be up to four hours.

And we did.

Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:59:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Small inconveniences like mourning your grandad over a slice of cold shitty pizza. Sure. OK.
View Quote

I remember when customer service was a thing.  Those days are past.

Unfortunately, as you've seen in this thread the world is full of dipshits and endless excuses, whining about reasons why they came up short and why you should be thankful they showed up at all!   Paying for quality service?    Lol.  Fuck off, Boomer.  

The idea of doing a job well done - or else - has been exterminated along with positive masculinity.

Next time, make dinner WITH the family.   You'll all get more out-of it.   IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:59:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Everything is fucked. Just forget it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:59:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I worked at a pizza shop for years during HS and afterwards.  Whenever people called to complain about not getting their food yet we'd say "ok, if it's not there in 10 minutes just wait a little longer".  

View Quote

Let’s go Brandon
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:00:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Make your own pizza then, princess.  If you're too lazy to go pick it up you'll get it when they get it to you.  

View Quote

Short staffed? More like incompetent.

"Short staffed" is the new "computer glitch" or "wait times are longer than expected" which is basically we had 2+ years to figure out shit out and we are so incompetent we couldn't so we try to blame everyone and everything else.

It's really not that hard. Where I work we are short staffed, we have easily twice the work load we have every had in the past 50+ years of the company history and we have yet to have a single past due shipment in over a year and we are putting out all time records of product every month. It's not that hard.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:00:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This thread is mind boggling.   OP, we grew up in a different time.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:02:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You missed the part where they lied about it being delivered and hung up on the customer. Honest mistake I'm sure.

That’s why I asked…

If this is a chain some manager is playing games with the tracking system for a bonus or something.

Call the parent company and tell them:

Your pizza was marked as delivered, but was not actually delivered until however many minutes later. When/if asked if you called relay your experience.

If it’s a local mom and pop don’t bother.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:04:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Back when I was a teen, I worked for a few pizza shops. You're fine. 1.5hrs, suck it up.

Next time, get in the car and pick it up.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:04:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well I'm not there. So anything I say would be a guess, just like what I posted as examples.
My best guess is the manager is probably making pies alongside their workers and is just leaving it off the hook or clipping calls trying to get caught up.
But that's not good enough is it? They should have like 4 more people right? I bet they think the exact same thing.

But DEFINITELY nobody called in sick, wrecked, got a flat, or anything else because apparently that doesn't happen on Tuesday nights.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:04:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yeah drivers never get rear ended hard, get flats, get fucking robbed bit by dogs, or anything else on runs; leaving everyone else to soak it up.  It's 100% smooth sailing 100% of the time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that's probably what happened.

Maybe I can make up an excuse why I shouldn’t have to pay you. I’ll even add in a sob story.

Why are you DEMANDING my money????
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:06:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

"Short staffed" is the new "computer glitch" or "wait times are longer than expected" which is basically we had 2+ years to figure out shit out and we are so incompetent we couldn't so we try to blame everyone and everything else.

It's really not that hard. Where I work we are short staffed, we have easily twice the work load we have every had in the past 50+ years of the company history and we have yet to have a single past due shipment in over a year and we are putting out all time records of product every month. It's not that hard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make sure you tell them that.  Telling people what incompetent pieces of shit they are really motivates them to serve you faster.  What you definitely don't want to do is have any patience for someone doing for you what you don't feel like doing for yourself.  

Trust me on this one.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:09:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I’ve had pizza take way over an hour. When the poor kid showed up, he liked liked he had his ass handed to him. I gave him $20 bucks.

Next time I ordered my shit was Johnny on the spot and delivered quick. Same kid got another $20.

Whenever you think you’ve had a bad day remember someone else had it 10 times worse. After all it’s only fucking pizza.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Did you blade at 45?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:11:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Small inconveniences like mourning your grandad over a slice of cold shitty pizza. Sure. OK.
View Quote

It’s not the the pizza places fault the guy died, nor did they know.

Maybe you should have manned up and grilled them a few steaks to mourn over their grandad with if the meal was actually that big a concern to you.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:12:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Assuming there isn't any shenanigans in/on the pizza, just forget about it. As other(s) have stated, perhaps don't patronage them again...
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:12:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I’ve had pizza take way over an hour. When the poor kid showed up, he liked liked he had his ass handed to him. I gave him $20 bucks.

Next time I ordered my shit was Johnny on the spot and delivered quick. Same kid got another $20.

Whenever you think you’ve had a bad day remember someone else had it 10 times worse. After all it’s only fucking pizza.
View Quote

Drivers absolutely know which houses tip and which don't and prioritize accordingly.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Very nice of the OP do buy the viddles...
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:15:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It’s not the the pizza places fault the guy died, nor did they know.

Maybe you should have manned up and grilled them a few steaks to mourn over their grandad with if the meal was actually that big a concern to you.
View Quote

Actually, I called and asked what I could do for them. They requested pizza for the kids. Thanks for your wisdom.  

And just in case you want something else to attack me over, their grandad was my Uncle and very dear to me.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:18:15 PM EDT
[#23]
I would never tip in advance.  It completely misses the purpose of tipping.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:20:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I would never tip in advance.  It completely misses the purpose of tipping.
View Quote

I know but I didn’t want them to pay the tip or for the driver to go untipped
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:20:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Maybe I can make up an excuse why I shouldn't have to pay you. I'll even add in a sob story.

View Quote
LOL what kind of strawman shit is that? Food was ordered and delivered, maybe slower than average during a rush.
I wish I could live in a world where work is never delayed or gets jammed up for any reason ever because all I deal with is delays holdups and change orders.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:21:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I've had pizza take way over an hour. When the poor kid showed up, he liked liked he had his ass handed to him. I gave him $20 bucks.

Whenever you think you've had a bad day remember someone else had it 10 times worse. After all it's only fucking pizza.
View Quote
You're a good dude. Better than you had to be in that instance.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:23:13 PM EDT
[#27]
There are some sheltered (coc) people out there.  Damn.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Could a moderator lock this thread please. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:25:02 PM EDT
[#29]
If it was still hot and fresh I'd just deal with it but be a bit frustrated.  If it was cold I'd be giving the pizza back and getting a refund.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#30]
I just had a similar experience with UPS.  Basically lying about delivering shit to not get dinged on their next day air service.

I filed a fraud complaint with our state attorney general.  Motherfuckers answered me the next day.

Fucking UPS next day aired my refund to me and filed a report with their senior leadership. I wouldn't have made a big deal but you can't even contact UPS customer service.   You have to first talk to a foreigner and they have to put in a ticket for an actual UPS employee to contact you.  I heard back from our attorney general before I heard back from UPS.  They got shit done.

Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#31]
I don’t buy Pizza from a place with an app.

But that seems like a long time for one of those shit tier, fast food pizza places with apps. So boo on them.  Shop somewhere else next time.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:31:28 PM EDT
[#32]
The market will work.  The shitty pizza delivery place will eventually pay the price.  

They have a product to sell to make money and pay the bills, they keep doing it shitty and better place will take their market share.  Unreal at all the people defending the shitty business practices.  Tell somebody up front it will be 1:20, let the customer decide.  

Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:31:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
LOL what kind of strawman shit is that? Food was ordered and delivered, maybe slower than average during a rush.
I wish I could live in a world where work is never delayed or gets jammed up for any reason ever because all I deal with is delays holdups and change orders.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I can make up an excuse why I shouldn't have to pay you. I'll even add in a sob story.

I wish I could live in a world where it is acceptable to lie to customers and bosses.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:32:32 PM EDT
[#34]
All I want to know is:

Did the delivery driver have to use his wml to find your address?
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:35:08 PM EDT
[#35]
There is one pizza delivery place in town.
Two plus hour waits on days with shitty weather is the norm not the exception.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:35:43 PM EDT
[#36]
I've noticed more and more places not taking phone calls/phone orders. If you don't order online you likely won't get anyone. Seeing it more and more.

I think it's the Gen Z generation, they don't do well with voice comms or phone calls, so if it gets busy or stressful they just "literally cant". It mostly happens at places with an overwhelming majority of Zoomer employees.

Before "OK Boomer", I'm a millennial. It takes me no time to call in a phone order, and for carryout, I don't have to pay ahead. I hate paying for food ahead of time only for it to take an hour to get completed. I can't stand the reliance on internet orders, I don't want to use some shitty third party app to pay for the food ahead of time only for it to take 1.5 hours to be done, all the while I am sitting at the carryout place watching some college kid employees stand around doing nothing.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:36:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe on a holiday or snow storm. Otherwise 80 minutes is not acceptable. I can say this because I did my time at a pizza place in college, 3 years.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:Small inconveniences like mourning your grandad over a slice of cold shitty pizza. Sure. OK.
View Quote

It's a mole hill. It's a mole hill on someone's really really bad day. Let this be about grand dad and not the bad pizza delivery.

Find a burger place, or better yet, a fried chicken place, and let it go and ponder your response come morning.

I always go with the chicken. I'll pick it up and deliver it with a card or flowers if possible.

The food isn't important to them. Your strength might be.

Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah idk its an app maybe the doordash guy picked it up already...

I have noticed a lot of places bad on phones lately...
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Does dominoes still guarantee 30-minutes or less?
View Quote

No. That shit stopped decades ago.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:40:09 PM EDT
[#42]
I work for the bank
Chargeback
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#43]
An hour and change aint shit in these current times dude.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My local pizza place has gone from having about 5 employees every time I pick up to having 1 or 2.

I'm worried we're getting to a point that the people who DO work are being punished by the customers for the problems created by those who DON'T work.

It'll make jobs even harder to fill when they quit, too.

In this weird period of time, I'm trying to be very understanding and/or taking steps to do more for them, like doing carryout instead of delivery.  Honestly, I consider everyone who holds ANY job and does it moderately well to be my hero.  That's how sad things have gotten.

When I showed up for carryout one time, I ordered at 6:00 with a scheduled pick up time of 7:30.  I arrived at 7:29 and still had to wait 20 minutes in the lobby for the pizza.  The 2 guys in the shop were clearly busting their ass to get the pizzas out the door.

I've noticed that places like Papa John's seem to be farming out the calls to call centers in India when you call the local number for the local store to place an order.

If you want to get mad at something, get mad at the system that's failing so miserably right now.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:42:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it got there hot and fresh in the end, fuck it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:44:17 PM EDT
[#46]
I wouldn't make a stink over this, but I'd likely not patronize that business again.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:44:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:45 minutes or less now
View Quote

What do you expect for $22 an hour?

How far does the target house live from the pizza place? How big is your town? Sometimes they make rounds pointing their one delivery driver south for a handful of deliveries and then north for the next few. If you call in just after the guy left for your side of town you're waiting.

My town is so small there's no delivery. No Lyft. No DoorDash. Uber has two drivers for the couple nearest towns who work part time.

Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell me you don't use door dash, grub hub or uber eats without telling me. It ain't 1997 grandpa. This is the new normal
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:46:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
1.5hrs is reasonable?

Get fucked, boy.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:46:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Demand?  There are two magic words that always win out over demands.  "Fuck off."
View Quote

You are correct
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top