User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:39:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It would sell to me.
View Quote

You going to buy enough to make it profitable for Ford to make?
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:39:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Things are not good for this economy.

There are a lot of people struggling to make ends meet.   A new vehicle comes along that is affordable and now you can't get it and like a previous posters says....it will become more expensive
View Quote

the inevitability of government involvement in every facet of everyone's lives.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:41:39 PM EDT
[#3]
The maverick isn’t just the best entry level hybrid it’s the best  entry level car. Honda civics go into the 30s now.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:44:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've seen one in the wild.
It's a simple four door pickup that wouldn't haul much but is perfect for my needs.  

Ford has a winner.
View Quote
Yup- I really see it as a perfect replacement for both the 93 s10 and 03 Vue that my Mother has. Four doors to move the dogs around, and a small bed for the occasional larger item at Home Depot or a run to the local dump.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It would sell to me.
View Quote

They would sell at least another to me.

My truck has now is basic bench seats and roll up windows.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:47:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
New Ford Maverick

MSRP: 20,000 27,000 35,000
View Quote

$38,000 used lol

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

And there we go. Actual sticker from a purchase is $36.5k, not $20k.
View Quote
That's also a Lariat, not a stripped XLT.

Damn soundbite generation doesn't notice anything unless you spoonfeed it to them....
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:48:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My 72 year old father has been dragging ass on wanting to replace his 2013 Tacoma prerunner.

He keeps scoffing at the 5-10k dollar dealer mark ups saying he can wait.

I keep telling him those proces are just a preview of the next MSRP when this shortage shit is over.

He just recently saw a Maverick on the road and was talking to me asking about them.   I told him they are closer to the Rangers we had in the 90s in terms of size/stance but I am 95% sure they are more of a unibody Ranchero/ElCamino kind of vehicle.

More car like with a small pickup bed.    I asked him just what exactly is he doing with his Tacoma that a Maverick couldnt do.   He didnt have an answer.

I asllked him of he has priced out the Mavericks to see if it is worth it.   Sub 30k for a "truck" versus the stupid prices of a Ranger or a Tacoma.

It might just have worked but I guess he will get to wait aroud another year or so.
View Quote

I'd keep the Taco up.  They're good for it.  300k on mine and still a champ
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:49:47 PM EDT
[#9]
They'll do their best to keep the xlt/base at $20. That's the market they're producing this for. I guess people that want a small pickup with good MPG and more features will pay more for the Lariat. I wouldn't.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:51:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They'll do their best to keep the xlt/base at $20. That's the market they're producing this for. I guess people that want a small pickup with good MPG and more features will pay more for the Lariat. I wouldn't.
View Quote

XLT Mavericks here are like $1,000 less than an XLT ranger it makes zero sense. There is a Ford lot selling 2 of its XLT demos for 38,000 USED. One of them sold in like 2 days the other I posed above.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:52:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ok, so let's walk through this. Everyone starts buying the Maverick in your situation, right? Which means less people are buying Silverados, right? Which means when those people who were buying Silverados are looking for a new car they are putting in a used Maverick into the market instead of a used Silverado. The amount of used Silverados on the market diminishes, which increases their demand, which increases their price. So there may be less people buying used 40k Silverados, but that 40k Silverado you wanted is now 50k.

Trucks get the depreciation curve they have because there are hundreds of thousands sold a year and you could go onto any used car lot and have your choice of fifty of the things. Take away 40 of those and all of sudden there is a lot more leverage on the dealers side.

Having less cars sold is a net loss to those who are looking at the used market and a minor net gain for those buying new because they can sell it later for a higher price.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't need an f350, but I wouldn't mind if fewer soccer moms were snatching up used silverados for 40k

Ok, so let's walk through this. Everyone starts buying the Maverick in your situation, right? Which means less people are buying Silverados, right? Which means when those people who were buying Silverados are looking for a new car they are putting in a used Maverick into the market instead of a used Silverado. The amount of used Silverados on the market diminishes, which increases their demand, which increases their price. So there may be less people buying used 40k Silverados, but that 40k Silverado you wanted is now 50k.

Trucks get the depreciation curve they have because there are hundreds of thousands sold a year and you could go onto any used car lot and have your choice of fifty of the things. Take away 40 of those and all of sudden there is a lot more leverage on the dealers side.

Having less cars sold is a net loss to those who are looking at the used market and a minor net gain for those buying new because they can sell it later for a higher price.

that's 5 years from now's problem.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:54:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

And there we go. Actual sticker from a purchase is $36.5k, not $20k.
View Quote

Read the sticker. "Equipment Group 500A" is Ford-speak for "every electronic gadget we make except for co-pilot, which is also checked below". You can pick up on what's included by reading the "standard equipment" listed up above, which is only "standard" on those upper level packages. That truck is just short of maxed out on options.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:56:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

XLT Mavericks here are like $1,000 less than an XLT ranger it makes zero sense. There is a Ford lot selling 2 of its XLT demos for 38,000 USED. One of them sold in like 2 days the other I posed above.
View Quote

Ford fixed that by raising the price of the Ranger by 1.5k. Enjoy!
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:56:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I was watching a presentation by afford engineer a few years ago. When he opened up the floor to questions, you guessed it, everyone raised  their hands and started giving their advice on all the stupid products that Ford needed to either make or bring back. At some point he cut this off and said “Ford motor company is not in business to make cars. Ford motor company is in business to make money.” I would rather have them cut off production of a non-profitable vehicle in order to focus on more profitable models than jacked the price of the maverick. The buyers will still be there when things calm down.
View Quote

They will produce what is needed to hit their mandated MPG averages, because that is the only reason they will be permitted to stay in business.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:58:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're right. I didn't realize they were already released.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:04:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Because it's oNe MoAr tHiNg tO bReAk!  

Fuck that.  Dudes talking about wanting vinyl floors and bench seats and manual transmissions, roll up windows and no A/C.  Fuck all that.  I want my cruise control, my automatic climate control with heated seats, Bluetooth so I can listen to music and talk on my phone hands free, I want my power windows and locks, remote start, gimme all that shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol fucking manual windows?  You people are out of your minds.

I don't understand the hatred for power windows either. I have literally replaced one on a vehicle that had about 175k miles of use at the time and it was the princely sum of a whopping $125...
Because it's oNe MoAr tHiNg tO bReAk!  

Fuck that.  Dudes talking about wanting vinyl floors and bench seats and manual transmissions, roll up windows and no A/C.  Fuck all that.  I want my cruise control, my automatic climate control with heated seats, Bluetooth so I can listen to music and talk on my phone hands free, I want my power windows and locks, remote start, gimme all that shit.

The answer is simple back in the 80s,90s electronics, and plastic fucking sucked!!!!!
Window motors burned out, shorted out on a whim, dashes cracked fell apart, dash lights not very bright, and didn’t come on, then the next day hey my dash works. 3 speed and four speed auto trannys needing to be rebuilt with under 200k on them. Things didn’t always work right,sometimes they did. The next day nope the ecu took a dump…. I have plenty of examples that happened to me alone.
That’s also why inspection stations failed more vehicles then they do now.  Modern vehicles have come a long way.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:05:24 PM EDT
[#17]

But muh capitalism!
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:07:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Ford is pissed at the dealerships for blowing the prices up. The dealerships are pissed at Ford for screwing their allocations up. Hence the stupid retail prices despite the $20k marketing.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:08:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Driving a 2018 F150 5.0 with roll ups and a half bench regular seat thing going on. Vinyl floors too.  
Got it with 0 miles for under $30k back before things got all retarded
View Quote

It’s called a fleet truck. They are everywhere
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:53:02 PM EDT
[#20]
My ranger has crank windows, they suck. Same with manual mirrors. Nobody actually wants that shit.

Everything else about it is totally awesome tho. Especially the v8 option.

Fuck infotainment and 8700 computers and cylinder deactivation and using oil from the factory.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:53:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That's also a Lariat, not a stripped XLT.

Damn soundbite generation doesn't notice anything unless you spoonfeed it to them....
View Quote

Quoted:

Read the sticker. "Equipment Group 500A" is Ford-speak for "every electronic gadget we make except for co-pilot, which is also checked below". You can pick up on what's included by reading the "standard equipment" listed up above, which is only "standard" on those upper level packages. That truck is just short of maxed out on options.
View Quote

And yet that's what real people actually bought. That's my point. The stripped base might be $20k, but they won't deliver a single one of them.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:56:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Ford is pissed at the dealerships for blowing the prices up. The dealerships are pissed at Ford for screwing their allocations up. Hence the stupid retail prices despite the $20k marketing.
View Quote

Ford doesn't control the dealers but will send nasty grams if dealers are reportedly marking new stock too high. Which is more then most are doing.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:57:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This $20k pickup isn't really $20k, even before dealer markups. It's really, really easy to option it beyond $30k sticker, which I suspect most buyers will do. People say they want a basic truck with roll up windows and bench seats, yet nobody actually buys those.
View Quote
My base model order got cancelled today.
21,450 plus tag tax out the door. So there's that.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:01:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
When will they realize this is exactly what the market wants? I just want a reliable car that will last. Radio would be nice, a/c is a plus, but Since I can drive I don’t need automatic breaking or lane assist or any of the other BS that comes standard these days.
View Quote

Your government requires a lot of electronics in the name of safety.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:05:35 PM EDT
[#25]
It’s not a truck.  It’s a car.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:06:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have not even seen a maverick in person. I work security at a large Ford dealership in my off time and they have gotten none in at all.
View Quote

Odd.

I’ve been seeing them for over a year.
The zebra versions drive through my neighborhood.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:10:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Your government requires a lot of electronics in the name of safety.
View Quote

Fuck that bullshit. Fuck keeping shitty drivers on the road. I'm surprised the insurance companies don't rape them even harder.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:15:26 PM EDT
[#28]
I just keep buying old vehicles that have an abundance of available parts.  Drive them for 300k swap motor , trans, suspension, do it again.  No reason to ever buy a new car when I can make an old car new for less than 10k
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:15:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
https://stocks.apple.com/AA7O33vjaTY2lKgm2AHHYDA

Not surprised.

“Auto maker says demand for new truck has surged and it has hit limit on what it can build”

I guess good on ford for building something cheap but it seems it’s just not a realistic price point in todays market.
View Quote

Can you clarify? I don’t follow… it’s a very realistic price point - so well realized that they can’t build to keep up with demand…
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:23:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I guess good on ford for building something cheap but it seems it’s just not a realistic price point in todays market.
View Quote

Well... if you can only build X trucks in a year, and you'll sell every one of them, would you make $20,000 trucks, or $80,000 trucks?
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:42:46 PM EDT
[#31]
36k for maverick? I paid 35k for this. I think I got a better deal.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:55:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I just keep buying old vehicles that have an abundance of available parts.  Drive them for 300k swap motor , trans, suspension, do it again.  No reason to ever buy a new car when I can make an old car new for less than 10k
View Quote

I can't do that here, but I can dig a hole and find potable water.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:57:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
New Ford Maverick

MSRP: 20,000 27,000 35,000
View Quote

Don’t worry. 35,000 Biden Bucks is worth 10,000 preBiden bucks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:29:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
36k for maverick? I paid 35k for this. I think I got a better deal.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/454103/Bronco_1__jpg-2253569.JPG
View Quote

Little different market. If the new Bronco got close to 30mpg that would be awesome.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 4:45:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I don't understand the hatred for power windows either. I have literally replaced one on a vehicle that had about 175k miles of use at the time and it was the princely sum of a whopping $125...
View Quote

When I was a kid my parents had a 1985 GM Silverado. They replaced at least one window motor annually and usually both. That vehicle was replaced in 2001. It was an utter piece of shit from one end to the other. I'll never understand the love of the "square body."
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 4:52:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Driving a 2018 F150 5.0 with roll ups and a half bench regular seat thing going on. Vinyl floors too.  

I thought no one bought them?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 5:53:48 AM EDT
[#37]
How it tows at maximum rated weight:

Ford Maverick Travel Trailer Towing Test - How Ford''s New Compact Handles at Max Tow Weight!
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:01:07 AM EDT
[#38]
I pre-ordered one and it came in at $28k. I was told it would arrive between September and December...still waiting on it! Ordered in July too, so from what I heard through the grapevine is that any of the hybrid models are delayed quite a bit.

I didn't order it for the "truck" aspect, I have an F250 Powerstroke. I wanted the highly efficient engine and the interior space plus safety features for kids. My old Cherokees are fine for beating around, but they're not kid haulers.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:14:15 AM EDT
[#39]
ive been saying for years, who ever comes out with the 1991 F150 with vinyl seats, am/fm radio and crank windows is gonna win.   65k for a work truck that Mutt and Jeff are gonna smoke crack in, spill coffee and back into rock walls is absurd.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:49:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Dozens of them.  Maybe even a hundred.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love a basic 2 door, regular cab, rubber floor mat, window hand crank, pickup with an economical engine.  Prefer full size with a 6-cylinder.  Due to age, I'll take a radio, A/C, and automatic tranny.

Makes a wonderful yard truck or spare vehicle.  I had a 2003 Silverado that I bought in 2006 and gave to step-daughter in 2019 because she needed a vehicle.  Her boyfriend trashed it in two weeks.  Broke my heart, but taught me a valuable lesson.

My DD is a 2018 F150 Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost bought in 2019 for $45k at 17k miles.  I still wish I had the '03 Silverado as a spare vehicle.  Plain Jane trucks don't go bad very quickly when sitting for long periods.  Lavishly equipped vehicles do.  Electric window and seat switches go bad.

So yes.  There are some people that want a stripped down truck.  

Dozens of them.  Maybe even a hundred.

And they'll be shopping for a used vehicle, almost to a man, because even a stripped-down shitbox model is "too expensive new, let some other sucker take the initial depreciation hit".

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought no one bought them?

Private persons, no. Companies with fleets, yes. You're perfectly welcome to go order the same thing. But so few consumers do that it's probably not even found on the average dealer's lot, except in the Fleet Sales. Because that's where those bare-bones, featureless models end up.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:51:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
ive been saying for years, who ever comes out with the 1991 F150 with vinyl seats, am/fm radio and crank windows is gonna win.   65k for a work truck that Mutt and Jeff are gonna smoke crack in, spill coffee and back into rock walls is absurd.
View Quote

No, they'll lose their shirts. Because the people who say they'd buy it actually won't. Fleet sales are a different animal, but consumer sales nobody wants that in a new truck off the lot. As proven by sales figures.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:52:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
https://stocks.apple.com/AA7O33vjaTY2lKgm2AHHYDA

Not surprised.

“Auto maker says demand for new truck has surged and it has hit limit on what it can build”

View Quote

Huh,

Not a price point?

Dude they sold fucking out of the truck. Sounds like it is a perfect price point.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:01:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Things are not good for this economy.

There are a lot of people struggling to make ends meet.   A new vehicle comes along that is affordable and now you can't get it and like a previous posters says....it will become more expensive
View Quote

Is KelTec building these for them,,,,,
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:09:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Why sell a $20,000 pick-up when there are millions of idiots who will take out loans they can’t afford to buy a $70,000 pick-up.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:15:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Well Fuck

I was going to wait to order one in the spring due to some bills that popped up

Any clue if orders will open up again/price staying the same?

Edit: just read that pre orders close this Thursday (1/27). And will open back up this summer for the 2023 model year

Do you guys think that the 2023 price will increase when the preorders fill up?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:36:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Well Fuck

I was going to wait to order one in the spring due to some bills that popped up

Any clue if orders will open up again/price staying the same?

Edit: just read that pre orders close this Thursday (1/27). And will open back up this summer for the 2023 model year

Do you guys think that the 2023 price will increase when the preorders fill up?
View Quote

Well, the price won't go down. If you preorder, you can lock in pricing instead of paying the "market-adjusted" dealer penalty.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:00:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Well, the price won't go down. If you preorder, you can lock in pricing instead of paying the "market-adjusted" dealer penalty.
View Quote
True

I guess I'll wait until the summer to order and pray the price doesnt increase too much

The one I built was between 27-30k depending on which model I went with so if I can get a 23' model for 28-32k I'll be happy
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:06:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
My base model order got cancelled today.
21,450 plus tag tax out the door. So there's that.
View Quote

Was this the hybrid?  Sounds like they cannot get the hybrid motors for awhile.  The mpg of the hybrid would be great I just have concerns about Ford building it, maybe unfounded but simple is usually better. Hwy mpg on the turbo is similar but city wont come close.  One thing about mpg though is it has diminishing returns.  Once you get over 30mpg its not gonna make a huge diff in annual fuel cost for most people.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:16:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yeah, fuck affordable transportation.  I wanna pay 60k for a fucking Kia.  No offense.
View Quote

I got rid of my Failhawk and I'm currently driving a 04 Rav4 with a hole in the exhaust.

Sure, I look silly now and you can hear me 1/4 mile away, but I'm not the sucker paying these insane prices.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:19:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The maverick isn’t just the best entry level hybrid it’s the best  entry level car. Honda civics go into the 30s now.
View Quote

Yep.  You would be hard pressed to even get a Toyota CH-R (2 door hatch shitbox made in Turkey with a CVT....) for under $30k OTD.  I know because I tried looking for a car for my daughter.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top