User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:19:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What else can you buy nowadays for 25K that's AWD and will handle a 4000 pound trailer?

And yes, eventually, you will be able to buy one at sticker price or less.
View Quote

If you ordered one, there were dealers giving discounts off invoice.   Buying off the lot, forget it.

The reaction to this thing is really interesting.   As you say, there isn't anything else at the price point with that capability.  Clearly a lot of people are rushing out to buy them.  Spec a new XLT ranger with a supercrew cab and the 4x4 option and you are starting at over $35k.  

You have to suspect that a lot of people who own overpriced trucks are pissing on the maverick just to justify their expenditure.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:27:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

One thing about mpg though is it has diminishing returns.  Once you get over 30mpg its not gonna make a huge diff in annual fuel cost for most people.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My base model order got cancelled today.
21,450 plus tag tax out the door. So there's that.

One thing about mpg though is it has diminishing returns.  Once you get over 30mpg its not gonna make a huge diff in annual fuel cost for most people.

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:32:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Huh,

Not a price point?

Dude they sold fucking out of the truck. Sounds like it is a perfect price point.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://stocks.apple.com/AA7O33vjaTY2lKgm2AHHYDA

Not surprised.

“Auto maker says demand for new truck has surged and it has hit limit on what it can build”

I guess good on ford for building something cheap but it seems it’s just not a realistic price point in todays market.

Huh,

Not a price point?

Dude they sold fucking out of the truck. Sounds like it is a perfect price point.

That’s what I’m saying too, it’s so successful they had to shut down orders.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:14:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:Simple fact is basic trucks don't sell,
View Quote

Jokes on you. Basic trucks are the backbone of fleet vehicles. Those contracts are typically fulfilled before any wind up on the lot.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:22:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:23:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
ive been saying for years, who ever comes out with the 1991 F150 with vinyl seats, am/fm radio and crank windows is gonna win.   65k for a work truck that Mutt and Jeff are gonna smoke crack in, spill coffee and back into rock walls is absurd.
View Quote

Stop it with this nonsense.  Work trucks are not 65k, this has been debunked in these threads soooo many times (current times have inflated prices but there have been for years plenty of stripped out mid 30k very capable trucks).  And the Mavrick is not the vehicle you describe....no one is attempting to buy the vehicle you describe in any profitable quantity.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:28:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Jokes on you. Basic trucks are the backbone of fleet vehicles. Those contracts are typically fulfilled before any wind up on the lot.
View Quote

Other than fleets, no one wants a fleet truck.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:32:07 AM EDT
[#8]
People that say they will buy bare bones trucks don't buy new vehicles anyways.

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:35:36 AM EDT
[#9]
in this case "cant" means "wont" when they could sell something with a higher profit margin like a f150 for 75k
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:38:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
People that say they will buy bare bones trucks don't buy new vehicles anyways.

View Quote

They also think they represent what all vehicle buyers want for some reason… nobody would buy those trucks. Maybe that’s what they want, to go buy new trucks that have sat on the lot for 3 years and get them cheap.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:58:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 2:07:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Fleet sales have nothing to do with consumer sales. Fleets typically buy in quantity numbers and the margins on those vehicles is very low.

Nobody wants a bare bones car or truck these days. If they did, manufacturers would build and market them.
View Quote

Here it is LOL:

2020 FORD F-150 CATTLEMAN EDITION - OFF ROAD FARM AND RANCH TRUCK
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 2:13:20 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

If this is such the amazing gotcha as you think it is, why haven't you bought one? Why hasn't anyone here who claims they want it bought one except for the five who only bought it because it was sitting on the lot for a year and they got a steep discount on it? The mere fact that every single one of the people who say "Well that's the truck I wanted so I bought it" also include "and for some reason the dealer was practically giving it away because it was sitting on the lot for a year" should be a massive clue.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#14]
We checked out a 2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport 26k starting price

After all the options 37k

10k dealer market adjustment

Total price 39k

Looked at  Bronco 31k base

4k dealer market adjustment

It's insane, hopefully things  improve.

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 2:35:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Driving a 2018 F150 5.0 with roll ups and a half bench regular seat thing going on. Vinyl floors too.  
Got it with 0 miles for under $30k back before things got all retarded
View Quote

Same year and engine here. Mine was closer to $34k regular cab long bed 4x4 with FX4 package but also has power windows, remote start, AC, power mirrors etc. Getting close to having 18,000 miles on.

Sorry for off topic reply. Just glad I'm not in the market for a truck right now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 2:47:49 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Just went to that website to see what one of those would cost and they didnt have any listed.  They had about 40 F150s listed from $50k to $80k
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 2:50:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Just went to that website to see what one of those would cost and they didnt have any listed.  They had about 40 F150s listed from $50k to $80k
View Quote

STX and XLT trims in the 40k range rarely last a day.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:06:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If this is such the amazing gotcha as you think it is, why haven't you bought one? Why hasn't anyone here who claims they want it bought one except for the five who only bought it because it was sitting on the lot for a year and they got a steep discount on it? The mere fact that every single one of the people who say "Well that's the truck I wanted so I bought it" also include "and for some reason the dealer was practically giving it away because it was sitting on the lot for a year" should be a massive clue.
View Quote

I'm likely ordering one this year. I was planning on a super duty however when working with the Ford Build program I realized that I could build an F150 with the Max payload and  Max towing packages and get 3000 lbs payload and 13,000lbs towing capacity with 5.0L V8. This would be a pickup that would do what I need for $10,000 less than A superduty with better fuel economy when empty.  I won't order that dealer supplied farm package.

Still weighing options out at this point.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:03:14 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Those are trucks aimed at people in the farm business.  It's basically a specialty fleet vehicle for a niche market, put together by the dealer for local buyers.   There's a market for barebones vehicles but it's not the consumer market.

Most of the time when guys say they want a stripped down pickup it's just because they don't want to spend money.

ETA that dude is a great source of inside information about ford.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:25:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

ETA that dude is a great source of inside information about ford.
View Quote

Tim does a few Youtubes a week. The nuggets are interspersed through the videos and he also does interesting Q&As.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top