User Panel

Page / 35
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 4:03:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
but it's still daylight saving time
View Quote

If you had been saving your money during daylight, you would have enough to own the night.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 5:20:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I’d rather buy a real helmet as to not waste the cash on a bump that isn’t super practical.

Trying to work through the different films and wether or not I want white or green.
View Quote

“Bump isnt super practical”

Link Posted: 10/17/2021 8:19:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

“Bump isnt super practical”

View Quote

Hey, I’m super glad I had a ballistic helmet vs a bump helmet my last couple night vision outings, I would have never survived being shot in the head while star gazing or taking pictures through my NODs to post online without at least level III Kevlar.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 9:47:01 PM EDT
[#4]
you guys got me....

plus a deal I couldn't pass up

I think my wife hates me now

Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If you had been saving your money during daylight, you would have enough to own the night.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/18/2021 3:01:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Order up some 4D pads for it. It’s like your head is surrounded by breasts.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/384478/5CD8AFCF-0592-4921-A372-6CEAB641A183-2114638.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll admit, buying team wendy hurt, but they are under new ownership, they are American made and they are comfortable as fuck and they are in stock when many aren't.  But the history leaves a sour taste regardless.

Quoted:
Old owner hosted Hilary the cunt during the 16 election. Sucked up being the commie cunts that they were.   Hard to forget where their loyalties lay then.

Quoted:

That was horrible. They gambled on that barracuda winning. Love my LTP but damn, I can’t help but think about the knife in the back every time I pick it up.

Thanks for the backstory.  I'm glad they have new ownership because I too have a LTP.  I worked p/t for about 10 years in bike shops in the summer and ski shops in the winter.  Not only did we get deep discounts on equipment, we had our pick, and the factory reps would dial it in for us.  Having said that, I can't believe how light and comfortable the Team Wendy LTP was right out of the box.

Order up some 4D pads for it. It’s like your head is surrounded by breasts.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/384478/5CD8AFCF-0592-4921-A372-6CEAB641A183-2114638.jpg

I have the 4D pads in my opscore. Titty sandwich head cloud of comfort doesn't even begin to describe them. They feel like if God himself needed nods.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 8:59:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have the 4D pads in my opscore. Titty sandwich head cloud of comfort doesn't even begin to describe them. They feel like if God himself needed nods.
View Quote
Hope it came with those pads.  I'd be pissed if I spent OpsCore money and had to buy pads too, to make it comfortable.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#9]
iphone 13 pro is coming tomorrow...

can't wait to take pics through the DTNVS L3 unfilmed with it.  Wonder how well the macro mode works under nods....

Side note:  it is crazy how soon you can detect light.  This weekend I was dicking around on the heavily wooded road in front of my house.  I saw light from a oncoming vehicle 30 seconds before I could see it with my naked eye.  Like the weird fuck I am I sat in the woods watching the guy drive by knowing he had no idea I was there.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 10:29:10 PM EDT
[#10]
OP still hasn’t bought me any nods.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 10:30:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Anybody running the BNVD Photonis Echo WP setup? Curious for some real world feedback.

Link Posted: 10/18/2021 10:33:02 PM EDT
[#12]
If you don't have night vision, you're wrong.

If you don't have thermal, you're missing everything. Helmet mounted thermal for the win.

Now watch a Cola Warrior kick ass through an Iray MH25.

Cola Warrior Heartland 1 2021 MustangDuck through Iray MH25 Thermal aka ChinaSkeet
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 12:17:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
OP still hasn’t bought me any nods.
View Quote

Lead times are a bitch. Keep waiting dude
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 12:20:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

@20iner
hit up nocturnality gear... they will get you set with a device in your hands this week.  just saying.  No need to wait half a year to get something that others are readily selling every day.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 12:22:38 AM EDT
[#15]
PVS14 arrived this morning. Looking for suggestions for a J-Arm and mount. In the mean time what are some must do things? What blew your mind the first time you looked through the tube?
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 12:38:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Anybody running the BNVD Photonis Echo WP setup? Curious for some real world feedback.

View Quote
@laxman
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 12:42:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
PVS14 arrived this morning. Looking for suggestions for a J-Arm and mount. In the mean time what are some must do things? What blew your mind the first time you looked through the tube?
View Quote
Yours not come with j-arm?  
Best mount is supposed to be the Wilcox G24 used with dovetail j- arm.  I stuck with bayonette mount j arm that came with the devices so I opted for the Wilcox G11 and Norotos rhino 2.  Both are fine.   Lots of adjustments.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 12:52:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

@20iner
hit up nocturnality gear... they will get you set with a device in your hands this week.  just saying.  No need to wait half a year to get something that others are readily selling every day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@20iner

I've suffered the TNVC wait time already. Worth it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 7:55:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Anyone ordered anything L3 in last year or so? If so, how accurate were their lead times? Is was quoted 6 months, and am 5 months into the wait.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 8:15:40 AM EDT
[#20]
I really need a night range trip...

Attachment Attached File

And possibly a bump. TW or Ops-Core?
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 8:15:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 8:28:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anyone ordered anything L3 in last year or so? If so, how accurate were their lead times? Is was quoted 6 months, and am 5 months into the wait.
View Quote
My TNVC was L3/ Harris,  wait time was longer than projected.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 8:30:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I really need a night range trip...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68140/20210916_200446_jpg-2135514.JPG

And possibly a bump. TW or Ops-Core?
View Quote
TW is comfortable.   Can't vouch for OpsCore.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 9:14:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mine was about 5 months
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 9:30:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

It really depends on what you bought.

If you have some pie in the sky spec requests you might have to wait as long as @JohnDough

Other places have tons of l3 stuff in stock.

Just depends on what you want.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 1:21:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It really depends on what you bought.

If you have some pie in the sky spec requests you might have to wait as long as @JohnDough

Other places have tons of l3 stuff in stock.

Just depends on what you want.
View Quote

This. Im happy with the situation, though. So is Shelby. I tend to view stuff in terms of decades, not months. Lots of people are more "immediate".
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:46:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seeing the light on in a room when the hollow core door was closed.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 6:46:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This. Im happy with the situation, though. So is Shelby. I tend to view stuff in terms of decades, not months. Lots of people are more "immediate".
View Quote

Yeah it wasnt a dig, just saying wait time is more dependent on the desired outcome than a set number.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Pulled the trigger on a set of Photonis Echo BNVDs, G24 mount, and a DBAL 9007 from Robert at JRH today. Despite my job being in limbo from vax mandate I had saved and planned for this all year and decided to move forward. I literally got the email from my employer the day I was going to order last week…naturally, I hesitated…but today decided to follow through. This was the final piece of an 18-month plan to build a solid rifle, suppressor, armor, and NV.

Unfortunately Robert didn’t have any helmets in stock so I need to find one. I’m leaning towards a TW Exfil LTP or an Opscore Fast bump…anyone have any input on those 2? Or any others to look into? Hoping to stay around the $300 range like those 2 but I can go up a little more if it’s worth it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 9:53:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yeah it wasnt a dig, just saying wait time is more dependent on the desired outcome than a set number.
View Quote

I didnt take it as one, or respond intending to. I agree 100% on outcome vs wait. I got kinda nutty on what I wanted, and I waited for it. That said, I'm slowly coming in line with the idea that more or less, anything over 32snr, filmless, with decent ebi and halo, 64lp or greater, will perform well enough that to pick it out from a supertube in head mount application, would require a very nuanced approach. Still, specs sell, and I wasn't sure I wouldnt go binos.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 10:15:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If you don't have thermal, you're missing everything. Helmet mounted thermal for the win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLCU0o7BUAs
View Quote

@DirtyHandsRob

Any details on what was used to capture Vid on MH25?  I've wished twice now I'd of had video of some night time antics...

HMT and PVS14 has blown my mind, a double dose of super powers,  and yet I'm still a poors in this game.  

For those debating color,  I have a green 14 with a LLI white filter which takes the edge off the green and eases my eyestrain a bit going back and forth with the thermal. For $30 it's worth the lens protection alone.

Take your time getting used to your stuff at first and take lots of breaks in the beginning. I'm still a newbie myself, but Shelby helped me out with that... Build up your stamina and neck muscles.

I did 4 hours straight the other night,  but about half of that was with my buddy using my thermal to spot.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 10:22:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Extra DBAL sitting around. Works great!

Going to try it out this weekend with some coyotes.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 10:26:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/165818/20211019_211937_jpg-2136393.JPG
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 11:57:25 PM EDT
[#34]

Ya kinda makes my head a target.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:22:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 1:11:56 PM EDT
[#36]
What dot for passive aiming?  piggybacked on LPVO
Rmr? T1?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 1:16:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/165818/20211019_211937_jpg-2136393.JPG
View Quote

strong neck

Link Posted: 10/20/2021 1:26:29 PM EDT
[#38]
My wife has a considerably smaller head (yet far more brain power) than me. My helmet rig wouldn’t work and the skull crusher was awful. So I decided to make a lightweight budget helmet rig for her. I ordered a $40 Pro-Tec helmet, the non-certified ones that are just a shell with dual density foam pads on the inside.

I took the old skull crusher frame, modded it and bolted it to the helmet, cutting a slot for the front bolt to allow vertical adjustment.

To that I added additional helmet pads that I had in my parts bin as well as Velcro strips where needed and a section of rail that I also cut a slot in the front bolt of it to allow vertical adjustment for differing lighting tasks that may arrive.

A cheap counterbalance Mohawk thing from Amazon $11, and a ‘Heavy Duty’ cable lanyard as an extra margin of safety from Amazon, $6.

Overall it’s a great fit and a MUCH better option than the skull crusher. Not bad for $57.

Link Posted: 10/20/2021 2:01:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#40]
First full moon since I bought my ECHO PVS-14.  Wow, it’s like daytime. I went for a bike ride on our local greenway. It was easy to navigate and such a neat experience to pedal a bike under nods.  I looked for the local alligator, but he was a no show.

Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:07:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

@DirtyHandsRob

Any details on what was used to capture Vid on MH25?  I've wished twice now I'd of had video of some night time antics...

HMT and PVS14 has blown my mind, a double dose of super powers,  and yet I'm still a poors in this game.  

For those debating color,  I have a green 14 with a LLI white filter which takes the edge off the green and eases my eyestrain a bit going back and forth with the thermal. For $30 it's worth the lens protection alone.

Take your time getting used to your stuff at first and take lots of breaks in the beginning. I'm still a newbie myself, but Shelby helped me out with that... Build up your stamina and neck muscles.

I did 4 hours straight the other night,  but about half of that was with my buddy using my thermal to spot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLCU0o7BUAs

@DirtyHandsRob

I have the MH25 hooked up to the UNV thermal DVR. It's not full HD, but looks pretty good. The MH25 and DVR come with all the cords needed. Fairly simple to operate. In this case I had the MH25 hooked to an external battery pac and the DVR. I filmed that while handheld. I can set it up for helmet mounted, but it's heavy and far from Tier 1, but hope to use it a lot for hunting and general jackassery at Cola Warrior events.

I run a WP 14 and the MH25 on a Wilcox bridge.  WP is definitely better than any green I've tried with the HMT set up. Also the thermal settings play a big role.

@JestersHK
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:40:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I have the MH25 hooked up to the UNV thermal DVR. It's not full HD, but looks pretty good. The MH25 and DVR come with all the cords needed. Fairly simple to operate. In this case I had the MH25 hooked to an external battery pac and the DVR. I filmed that while handheld. I can set it up for helmet mounted, but it's heavy and far from Tier 1, but hope to use it a lot for hunting and general jackassery at Cola Warrior events.

I run a WP 14 and the MH25 on a Wilcox bridge.  WP is definitely better than any green I've tried with the HMT set up. Also the thermal settings play a big role.

@JestersHK
View Quote

Thanks for the reply,  I'll check that out for sure. I'm running an external pack too off the back as a counter weight.  Ran my cables under my ACH rails with a bit of dremel work.  

Need to find better water proofing, as cable and pack got wet on last outing, and not sure they are water rated... I pulled battery pack and switched to the onboard battery just to be safe.

Still new to this thermal and playing with settings, but so far it's exceeded my expectations with image quality.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 3:27:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Thanks for the reply,  I'll check that out for sure. I'm running an external pack too off the back as a counter weight.  Ran my cables under my ACH rails with a bit of dremel work.  

Need to find better water proofing, as cable and pack got wet on last outing, and not sure they are water rated... I pulled battery pack and switched to the onboard battery just to be safe.

Still new to this thermal and playing with settings, but so far it's exceeded my expectations with image quality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@JestersHK

For messing around and if I feel like recording my hunting this is basically what I use.

UNV DVR on top, battery bank and counterweight. I can adjust stuff fairly easily. Lots of possible snag locations and I shortened a cable or two. Helmet is like 7 lbs or something. Like I said not tier 1, but gud enuff.

Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:30:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

For messing around and if I feel like recording my hunting this is basically what I use.

UNV DVR on top, battery bank and counterweight. I can adjust stuff fairly easily. Lots of possible snag locations and I shortened a cable or two. Helmet is like 7 lbs or something. Like I said not tier 1, but gud enuff.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/204013/IMG_20210814_214233664-2053447.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/204013/IMG_20210814_214252680-2053443.jpg
View Quote

Thank you for the pics. Looks like a sweet setup, and I'm gonna order one here in a minute.

We're hunting in wide open pastures and fields, and our trails are all cut for sxs and very open so not super concerned about snags. We're low speed high drag here.

Until the pigs and yotes start shooting back I'll worry less about being tier1.  Necks gonna get stronk though
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:22:44 PM EDT
[#45]
I have 2 pvs14s. Is it worth it to buy a bridge and use them as binocs?
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:40:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have 2 pvs14s. Is it worth it to buy a bridge and use them as binocs?
View Quote

Panobridge is the way
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 8:28:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 8:47:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
What dot for passive aiming?  piggybacked on LPVO
Rmr? T1?
View Quote

Unity mount and a T2
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 8:52:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Well I did it boys, I finally joined the NV crew, here's my humble setup. Photonis Echo WP from NGI, took about 3 weeks but totally worth it.

Only thing I'm currently waiting on is the retention strap from HHV, curious to see how well it works.

Next step is to get some better ear pros, thinking Peltor Comtacs but curious to hear what the hive recommends.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:03:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 35
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top