Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 9:22:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Wolf River Cliffs (15 - 45 ft cliffs) at Dale Hallow Lake.

Not my video, and do yourself a favor and watch on mute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5BV2rX_Smg
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I jumped from about that height last month on the Blackfoot River. I'm older than you.
View Quote

Awesome!
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 9:27:44 AM EDT
[#3]
The Fort Campbell quarry back in the 80's. Not sure how high. I'd guess 60-80 feet. You hit pretty hard and if you were wearing velcro laced shoes, well you weren't after you hit. I was in high school, on the swim team and thus indestructible...

Can't do it any more. They build a visiting muckity muck house on the top of the property and got serious about keeping people out. Friends of mine got run down by MPs tracking with canines the year after we moved. Got in a bunch of trouble.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#4]
wtf op.  I did a flip from about that height over a cenote in mexico when i was like 46
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 9:31:50 AM EDT
[#5]
~40’
Strip pits of western Ky
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 9:34:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
25 feet from Waimea Bay rock in Hawaii

https://thekatieshowblog.com/waimea-bay-rock/
View Quote

#metoo
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 9:35:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
25 or 30 feet. The most memorable was jumping off the boat house at Rock Island state park, in northern Lake Michigan, in May. The water was about 40 degrees. It was high enough that you had time to think about the fall and the water was so cold you immediately tried to leap out the second you hit. Of course you couldn't you had to finish traveling 10 out so feet down before you could start swimming back to the surface to get out.

https://dnr.wi.gov/images/news/2020/20200706_rock_islab.jpg
View Quote
Great, now everyone knows what color the boathouse is.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 9:37:54 AM EDT
[#8]
40-50' and I hit the bottom and put a huge gash in my heel.

Had to caddie the next day, and shoe was in bad shape by the time I was done.

If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough I guess.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 9:38:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

10 meter platform at college pool.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/31/2021 9:40:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I jumped off an 80ft. Cliff in Kentuckys Cumberland lake when I was 17.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 9:47:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Calves pen Lake George Ny. its 60 ish feet from the upper spot. I did it at age 47, the worse part is the only real way there is by boat and the water is 160 feet deep so you cant just anchor.

Someone made a video, only a few jump from the highest point in the video. warning bad music and bikinis
New York Cliff Jumping: Lake George
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 9:57:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Had every intention of jumping but I got cold feet and couldn't take the plunge. Water below is PLENTY deep enough...  Any tips?

I don't want to 'ask my husband' or turn in my man card.  I reckon it is about 40 feet?  Also, I am 51 years old,  if that is relevant.

Wife was more WTF were you thinking as opposed to impressed with those pics...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187514/IMG_5145_jpg-2072820.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187514/IMG_5144_jpg-2072821.JPG
View Quote

You choose wisely.  Here is my tale of woe and caution.  Back in the old country of Montengero, right next to the capital city, there is a river.  River Cijevna  For kids, it's a rite of passage to jump off the cliffs, and the higher the better.  As a young kid I used to jump as well, nothing crazy or too high.  My cousin, who is 5 years older than me, went with friends, as they did many a time.  They found a nice and high rock, started jumping.  Well he landed awkwardly and his balls (testes?) ended up wrapping around each other.  He floated to the shore and passed out from pain.  He came too and found that all his friends had run off leaving him there.  He dragged himself up to a road and passed out again.  A lady driving by stopped and took him to a hospital ,where they had to operate on his balls to untwist them.  This was early 90'es, so no cell phones.  Since then I am very careful when and how I jump.  Swim platform is probably as high as I'll go now.    

The river
Attachment Attached File

The highest I went, against my better judgement, but I was trying to impress the wife who was a girlfriend at the time, was off the rocks below the flagpole in the picture below.  Location is Petrovac, Montenegro.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 10:03:01 AM EDT
[#13]
10 meter (32-ish) feet platform at a training facility.

Not a diver, btw, just wanted to see if I could do it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Otter Cliff in southern York Co., PA.   It wasn't all that.  Maybe 20 feet, but about 12 feet under the surface of the pool you'd hit a thermocline that would chill you to the bone in mid summer.  I never made it to the bottom.  The real fun was trying to launch a surface cruising carp airborne by landing a perfect preacher's seat right next to it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 10:13:45 AM EDT
[#15]
10 meter platform.

About 40ft off a bridge.

Link Posted: 8/31/2021 10:14:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The high diving board at a pool. Maybe 15ft.
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 10:45:19 AM EDT
[#17]
My highest was probably 20 or so feet, off a small bridge into a fairly deep creek...

Probably never again, For some reason, I've developed a major fear of heights.

Link Posted: 8/31/2021 10:52:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Twenty feet or so.  I remember back in my twenties taking a canoe trip down a popular creek west of here a little.  We were all hanging out on a sandbar drinking near a bend in the river.  There was a group of idiots that was climbing a cypress tree near the bend and jumping into what had to be maybe ten feet of water.  It's been a while but they were climbing what had to be at least sixty feet up (maybe more).  Really bad part was once they got to the "jumping off" point they had to sway the tree back and forth a dozen feet or so to clear the bank.  That tree trunk was maybe four inches in diameter at that height and had to be stressed to the max.  After we watched a dozen of these stunts we moved along before someone got killed.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 11:00:18 AM EDT
[#19]
10m platform or Greeter Falls in TN (ledge inside, not the top) whichever is higher.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Back when I was a teenager a little over 88 feet.

My dad did 88 feet as a kid and I had to beat him.

NEVER AGAIN.
View Quote

Did you do a Triple Lindy?
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 11:09:41 AM EDT
[#21]
55 feet...from the bridge wing.....we were anchored off Puerto Rico.
Feet first....cross your legs.....one hand, hold onto your private parts, other hand...cover your nose.

Swim to the raft..then climb jacobs ladder back up.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 11:09:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Whole lot of nope.

I'm wired a little differently.... that free-fall sensation that most people really like, I totally despise it.  It's pure misery to me.

Heights don't bother me, I'll hang out on tall buildings/cliff/bridges/whatever all day.  But no falling or jumping.  I don't even like watching other people fall.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 11:18:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
55 feet...from the bridge wing.....we were anchored off Puerto Rico.
Feet first....cross your legs.....one hand, hold onto your private parts, other hand...cover your nose.

Swim to the raft..then climb jacobs ladder back up.
View Quote

The NAVY taught me that in boot camp as well
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 11:33:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
35 feet at Rick's Cafe in Negril, Jamaica.

A lot of fucked up people getting fucked up on that regularly.

Here's what the guys diving from up in the trees get to look at:

https://jamaicatravelsaver.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/cliffdivingBlog1.jpg
View Quote

Fuck every little bit of that.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#25]
I jumped at 76 Falls on Lake Cumberland as a teen. I think the height with good water is really around 40 foot or so. Went feet first a few times.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
100's of times from the 10m platform at Northern Michigan University.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/47839/IMG-3877_jpg-2072940.JPG

Also from a similar height into Lake Superior north of Marquette, May 27 1979 (last day of classes) with ice still floating in the water. I think it took almost a week for the scared turtle to peek out of his shell.

View Quote

Superior in May!!!?  Dear God!  That water will still turn you blue/purple in mere minutes in freaking August!

I went to LSSU for a little while.  We would go to the channel leading to the Locks.  Boulder rock walls lined the sides.  Some were probably 30 to 40' tall.  I never did it because the 1st guy that went crushed his balls so bad he thought for a bit that we'd have to rush him to the hospital.  He ended up being okay but very, very sore for a week or two.  Nope, nope, nope for me.  I stayed in the boat and drank beer instead.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 11:41:50 AM EDT
[#27]
USN boot camp teaches pinching the nostrils to prevent water plowing into sinuses...and crossing feet to protect from the inevitable nutsac slap. I jumped from an elevator platform on the IKE....but didn't do either.  Lesson relearned.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 11:47:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Back when I was a teenager a little over 88 feet.

My dad did 88 feet as a kid and I had to beat him.

NEVER AGAIN.

No. I stayed as vertical as I could and it still beat the ever loving shit out of me. I was sore as hell for days afterwards.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 11:53:20 AM EDT
[#29]
In my teens I jumped a bridge over Caesers Creek lake on SR73. Drunken stupidity, in the dark. It hurt.

25 years after I went under it in a boat many times, trolling. I guess it was 90ft at least, looking up.

Bridge jumping was a thing in my AO. I bet my first was age 7. Couldn't do it today, I'd be wrecked for a week or in the hospital.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#30]
~37,400 feet HALO, ~50' jumping off rocks
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 11:59:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Had every intention of jumping but I got cold feet and couldn't take the plunge. Water below is PLENTY deep enough...  Any tips?

I don't want to 'ask my husband' or turn in my man card.  I reckon it is about 40 feet?  Also, I am 51 years old,  if that is relevant.

Wife was more WTF were you thinking as opposed to impressed with those pics...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187514/IMG_5145_jpg-2072820.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187514/IMG_5144_jpg-2072821.JPG

Screw you guys and that poll!  LOL
I accidentally locked it
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187514/Screenshot_20210831-075555_Chrome_jpg-2073079.JPG
View Quote

Bro if you're 6' tall it doesn't look any higher than 25-30'  Very simple, if you're not going head first, keep your arms down by your sides and go straight in.  Your age is irrelevant.  Your courage is suspect here.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 12:03:52 PM EDT
[#32]
As a teenager we jumped from the highwall of a quarry near Bedford, PA.  I think it's about 75', though the video says 95'.  Not my video, but definitely the highwall we jumped off of.  At age 47, I would surely do it again.  

95ft cliff jump at Bedford quarry
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 12:07:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Bro if you're 6' tall it doesn't look any higher than 25-30'  Very simple, if you're not going head first, keep your arms down by your sides and go straight in.  Your age is irrelevant.  Your courage is suspect here.
View Quote

[insert copypasta rant]
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.

I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words.

You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid.

I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit.

If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot.

I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it.

You're fucking dead, kiddo.

[/insert copypasta rant]
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 12:13:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I've jumped this many times (not my pic). Elk Falls, NC. My highest I think is Lazaretto Creek Bridge in Tybee, GA.

https://live.staticflickr.com/3162/2806479012_8a0651490f.jpg
View Quote

I've jumped off that before too.  Also about 35 or so feet up the quarry wall at Lake Jocassee (was working a summer contract up there before there was a state park), several 10 meter platforms including the one at the Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory pool.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 12:16:12 PM EDT
[#35]
1500’

I had a parachute though
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 12:20:36 PM EDT
[#36]
High enough I had time to question my decision and be amazed at how loud the air passing by sounded.

If you’re reluctant to jump, have the ladies go first.  That worked for me.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 12:24:30 PM EDT
[#37]
In HS I went out one night with some friends and we snuck into an apartment complex pool area that had a two story clubhouse with a flat roof. Climbed up a tree next to the clubhouse to get on the roof then ran across it and jumped over about 6-8 feet of sidewalk into the pool.

Not sure the exact height but whatever a 2 story building would be.

It really is true that males' brains don't fully develop until like age 25+. That was so stupid and crazy and now I cannot imagine myself doing anything like that.

Edit: found a picture of the place!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 12:40:15 PM EDT
[#38]
I’m confused as to why you posted the 2nd pic…the one where you are airing out your vag….

I would not jump from there either…
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 12:41:51 PM EDT
[#39]
50 ft . mid 70's. Paradise Island bridge in Nassau. I think they would frown on that nowadays!
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 12:42:24 PM EDT
[#40]
I did 50-60 feet quite a few times growing up going to Lake Powell. Plenty of cliffs there to jump off of into 400ft of water.

Would be a little more hesitant now that the water level is down 100+ feet from the fill line
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 12:45:31 PM EDT
[#41]
40-50’ out of cypress trees into the Alafia river as a kid all the time.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 12:46:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Not sure how high it was but I jumped off a few cliffs in Mexico. Maybe 40 or 50 ft. The tequila helped. Maybe take a couple of shots to get your courage up.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Around 60 feet, feet first, in Greece.  Tightened my ass muscles because folks who went before me got ocean prison raped.  Worked great...except I was so rigid I ended up fracturing my coccyx.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 12:57:54 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

I've jumped from there.  That rusty ass ladder though, wow...

Papakolea Green Sand Beach is nearby too, incredible place.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 1:01:04 PM EDT
[#45]
If I see someone else do it (and walk away) I'll do it too.  

But ain't going first.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 1:07:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
As a teenager we jumped from the highwall of a quarry near Bedford, PA.  I think it's about 75', though the video says 95'.  Not my video, but definitely the highwall we jumped off of.  At age 47, I would surely do it again.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBska0KGluo
View Quote

Hmm thats a bout 2 hours away, road trip bring your swim shorts.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#47]
13,500' but I was wearing a parachute and landed on gravel, not water.

There's a place on the Buffalo River in west-central TN that everyone used to climb around the side of a bluff and jump off. I'm guessing it's 40' high. Did it twice one day. It's fun but the climb is more dangerous than the jump.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 8/31/2021 1:59:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Cannonball at exactly 87 feet.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 2:04:58 PM EDT
[#50]
35-40ft is the highest I’ve ever jumped. Was fun. Would do it again.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top