Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:54:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think we should stop the charade and just let everyone use a fuck ton of drugs in all competition.

Let's see how far we can push human abilities with drugs.
View Quote

If I owned a pro sports team and anyone legitimately tested clean I'd fire them immediately. Peeps at that level need to be pushing themselves as hard as possible.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:58:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

If I owned a pro sports team and anyone legitimately tested clean I'd fire them immediately. Peeps at that level need to be pushing themselves as hard as possible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think we should stop the charade and just let everyone use a fuck ton of drugs in all competition.

My personal view on that is telling guys they can’t all have the hormone levels of an 18 y/o is a form of misandry.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:02:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Famous line:  "I tried lifting weights, but they were SO HEAVY!"

Maybe that is why....
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:08:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think it's as simple as the fact that other countries start weightlifting training as children. Nothing more, nothing less. State sponsored camps go a long way, not to mention state sponsored doping programs. American lifters get an early start if they're 14-17. By that point these kids have already been lifting for 10 years.

https://cdn.dmcl.biz/media/image/136085/o/mmexport1550824916261.jpg

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1076586/the-chinese-system-how-china-left-europe-in-its-wake-to-become-a-weightlifting-superpower
View Quote

This. But also for the same reasons that the commies, and former commies, are/were always producing the best ballet dancers, etc. Because they subsidize it and have kids do it as a career from an early age. It's hard to compete with that - especially where the majority of the country has no interest or pride in it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:10:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My personal view on that is telling guys they can’t all have the hormone levels of an 18 y/o is a form of misandry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems reasonable
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ours don't use drugs
View Quote

Actually, you have that reversed. All of our good ones compete in the PED allowed comps
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:14:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

hellyeahbrother.gif

I was chatting with a buddy a couple years ago talking about this. He said "do you want to watch a clean competition or not?!?" I said "I don't give a fuck if it's a clean competition, if I want to watch a mediocre lifter I can video myself, I want to see a roided up beast snatch a house"

Fuck it, most are already doping anyway. Who cares as long as it's an even playing field.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

hellyeahbrother.gif

I was chatting with a buddy a couple years ago talking about this. He said "do you want to watch a clean competition or not?!?" I said "I don't give a fuck if it's a clean competition, if I want to watch a mediocre lifter I can video myself, I want to see a roided up beast snatch a house"

Fuck it, most are already doping anyway. Who cares as long as it's an even playing field.

Agree. They’re most all on some type of PED anyway, but right now half the sport is in dosing the gear to avoid popping on a test. Just eliminate that dynamic and let them run whatever and just show up ready to compete. It’s a lot cleaner of a competition than this half-natty do whatever as long as you test clean bullshit. As it stands the few that are honest are at a severe disadvantage relative to those with coaches more adept at scheduling drugs around testing.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:14:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sure. The problem is the advantages keep rolling up to dosages that aren't so benign.

Sure US athletes use PEDs, but they're way less likely to use them over a long period of time, from childhood, to maximize performance while testing clean on a particular day than somebody from almost anywhere else.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Actually, you have that reversed. All of our good ones compete in the PED allowed comps
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ours don't use drugs

There are certainly comps without testing, but I believe all the major leagues in the US are tested...(which is still a joke).
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Because we do fine in bodybuilding, powerlifting, strongman, etc.  The largest, strongest, fastest men in the world are NFL linemen.  Let the rest of the world hold onto amateur weightlifting.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:24:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Incorrect. If you know when the comp is and you're smart about the type of gear you take you only need from 3-4 days to a couple weeks to piss clean. Most weightlifters aren't going to do more than 2-3....(maybe 4 on the outside) comps a year anyway.

I'm not saying they're all juicing, but if you think it's not easy to defeat the tests and you're claiming that none are juicing because of the tests then you are misinformed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ours don't use drugs

it's really this simple.

ETA: to the guys who are obviously not golfers - this is Olympic lifting, not body building or un-tested powerlifting.  There is no federation for competing in oly lifts that is untested in the US

and tests are super easy to defeat

sure, one or twice maybe - like the olympics.  But not every other competition of your entire career.  Sorry.  In the US, the Oly lifting scene is generally natural BECAUSE everything is fucking tested.  You do two comps a year and you barely have time to get a cycle in between.  Just the way it is and therefore most all are not using gear.

Incorrect. If you know when the comp is and you're smart about the type of gear you take you only need from 3-4 days to a couple weeks to piss clean. Most weightlifters aren't going to do more than 2-3....(maybe 4 on the outside) comps a year anyway.

I'm not saying they're all juicing, but if you think it's not easy to defeat the tests and you're claiming that none are juicing because of the tests then you are misinformed.

I guess I'm just speaking from my own experience and observations.  Certainly mine could be skewed from the true mean, but I just haven't seen it.  Powerlifting and bodybuilding however?  Fur Shur
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Drugs certainly play a role.  The movie Icarus is pretty good in showing just how widespread the Russian doping program went, even for olympic curlers!

Money is also huge.  I do know that Germany basically "enlists" their weightlifters in the army, and their job is to train.  Other eastern bloc countries also basically pay their weightlifters a salary along with the dedicated training camps with catering, physiotherapists, saunas, etc.  

@fit definitely raised the interest level of weightlifting, and there is talent out there, just no cash to sustain a program to pump out a stable of internationally competitive lifters.  IMHO
View Quote

We do it too.  Look at our skeet shooters.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:29:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I guess I'm just speaking from my own experience and observations.  Certainly mine could be skewed from the true mean, but I just haven't seen it.  Powerlifting and bodybuilding however?  Fur Shur
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ours don't use drugs

it's really this simple.

ETA: to the guys who are obviously not golfers - this is Olympic lifting, not body building or un-tested powerlifting.  There is no federation for competing in oly lifts that is untested in the US

and tests are super easy to defeat

sure, one or twice maybe - like the olympics.  But not every other competition of your entire career.  Sorry.  In the US, the Oly lifting scene is generally natural BECAUSE everything is fucking tested.  You do two comps a year and you barely have time to get a cycle in between.  Just the way it is and therefore most all are not using gear.

Weightlifters are less likely to be open about it IMO, it's definitely less acceptable in those circles vs PL and BB. Still though, the tests are very easily defeated and really mean nothing- I know there are clean guys too of course.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:30:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

hellyeahbrother.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

hellyeahbrother.gif

Yep. Let's see huge monstrosities clean and jerk 2,500lbs.

Let's see 2min miles.

Let's just do it already
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:32:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You and I aren't thinking the same.

I am talking about ridiculous amounts of drugs. Like IVs to rebuild your muscles while you sleep and then when you wake up, more drugs. Then when you compete you get meth or something.

Just absolutely massive amounts of drugs at all times.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Maybe because they are dopers and can't pass the tests? Of course, not all of them are on disqualifying drugs. I think the problem is competing internationally is insanely expensive and not everyone gets the funding to compete.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:36:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Tested Raw Record Totals.  USA does pretty well in lifting, just not Olympic.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:36:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Drugs certainly play a role.  The movie Icarus is pretty good in showing just how widespread the Russian doping program went, even for olympic curlers!

Money is also huge.  I do know that Germany basically "enlists" their weightlifters in the army, and their job is to train.  Other eastern bloc countries also basically pay their weightlifters a salary along with the dedicated training camps with catering, physiotherapists, saunas, etc.  

@fit definitely raised the interest level of weightlifting, and there is talent out there, just no cash to sustain a program to pump out a stable of internationally competitive lifters.  IMHO

To a point, yes.  But I'd argue that shooting is inline with the AMU's mission.  I'm fully aware of Army personnel in competitive shooting matches of all kinds (Daniel Horner, etc), but that makes sense as a marketing tool.  Not sure I'd see the DoD absorbing/subsidizing USA Weightlifting anytime soon.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ours don't use drugs
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:39:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Absolutely, spend your money on athletes who will be disqualified. Brilliant strategy.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:40:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The real reason is that there is no money behind it
View Quote

Pretty much.

It's like "Why doesn't the US dominate in Rugby" questions. Well, we absolutely would..look at the physicality and speed of an NFL linebacker. We produce those by the thousands...but there's no market here, no money, so they go where the money is. It's a cultural breeding ground, but not for that sport.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:43:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Tested Raw Record Totals.  USA does pretty well in lifting, just not Olympic.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/473548/Screenshot_20210728-123444_Samsung_Inter-2030893.JPG
View Quote

Totally different sport than what's being discussed.

Not one American on the list, for any bodyweight, men or women.
https://iwf.sport/results/world-records/
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:43:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Absolutely, spend your money on athletes who will be disqualified. Brilliant strategy.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:45:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I am talking about ridiculous amounts of drugs. Like IVs to rebuild your muscles while you sleep and then when you wake up, more drugs. Then when you compete you get meth or something.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Instead of paying people not to work in this country and handing out free food, we ought to make them lift for it. From a young age. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know that, I said so in my post and that was my point also.  Olympic lifting is not popular here.  That does not mean USA doesn't have good weightlifters.  Olympic style is not the preferred style of US lifters, hence the lack of records or strong competitors.  US has plenty of good lifters, just not in that style.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:56:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
There are a lot of countries that don’t have heavily enforced anti-doping programs. I’m not saying that there aren’t also US athletes using steroids, there are plenty, but many other countries don’t even bother to check so you can use steroids right up until the week before you compete.

Also, no matter how good you are at something, there’s an Asian somewhere who is better at it.
View Quote

OK but doesn't the Olympics test for doping? Isn't that how Russia got currently banned for a few years?
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:57:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I know that, I said so in my post and that was my point also.  Olympic lifting is not popular here.  That does not mean USA doesn't have good weightlifters.  Olympic style is not the preferred style of US lifters, hence the lack of records or strong competitors.  US has plenty of good lifters, just not in that style.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we had good weightlifters they'd go to the olympics. We have good powerlifters. You're confusing terms.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

OK but doesn't the Olympics test for doping? Isn't that how Russia got currently banned for a few years?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are a lot of countries that don’t have heavily enforced anti-doping programs. I’m not saying that there aren’t also US athletes using steroids, there are plenty, but many other countries don’t even bother to check so you can use steroids right up until the week before you compete.

Also, no matter how good you are at something, there’s an Asian somewhere who is better at it.

We've been over this, yes they test, but testing is a joke and easy to circumvent. Russia getting kicked out was a joke because everyone is doping lol.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Weightlifters" are olympic lifters.  You can't take a powerlifter or even a strongman and even ask them to perform an olympic lift. They wouldn't be able to do it. Period. And the guy you're talking to is an olympic lifter BTW.....
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:04:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If we had good weightlifters they'd go to the olympics. We have good powerlifters. You're confusing terms.
View Quote

No I'm not confusing them.  Just making an argument as to why we don't compete well at the Olympics.  It is because Olympic lifts are not popular here because we concentrate on powerlifting more. I guess it's just not a very good point.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

"Weightlifters" are olympic lifters.  You can't take a powerlifter or even a strongman and even ask them to perform an olympic lift. They wouldn't be able to do it. Period. And the guy you're talking to is an olympic lifter BTW.....
View Quote

I thought the US didn’t have Olympic lifters
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:07:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Because they’re not lifting cheeseburgers
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:07:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Rasputin on super high doses of Lance Armstrong or Dwayne Johnson juice would have been interesting.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:09:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have them, they're just lifting less weight.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:09:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This. But also for the same reasons that the commies, and former commies, are/were always producing the best ballet dancers, etc. Because they subsidize it and have kids do it as a career from an early age. It's hard to compete with that - especially where the majority of the country has no interest or pride in it.
View Quote
Plus, think of all the other options a strong person has with pro sports in the U.S.  If you're a freakishly strong big guy, do you want to compete in the Olympics or make NFL money?
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:09:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

And there it is.

Fuck the Olympics. It’s as bad as NCAA sports. Athletes can’t be paid, GTFOH with that. School spirit? National pride? Screw you, pay me. It’s beyond a full time job commitment in both cases assuming you are genetically at the top and have devoted your entire life to that goal. And the Olympics brings in serious money, just not for the athletes.
View Quote

NCAA athletes aren't paid?

So they are paying for school, housing, food etc?

If want want to talk about how little NCAA athletes (and im only honestly talking football and men's basketball) are paid compared to how much the Athletic departments and NCAA makes off of them thats one thing(but is going to drastically be changing with NIL laws changing)

but don't say dumb shit like "ThEy DoNt GeT pAiD"
They do and most of them live far better lives than even some of the richest kids on campus because they don't have to pay for shit and most of them still get a cut from state/federal grants that go right into their pockets.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:09:40 PM EDT
[#38]
For those with interest, and time.....

Why I'm Against Anti-Doping Part 1

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Ma Strength

This is the one of the only Instagram accounts I follow, as well as squat university.
View Quote

Did a training seminar with him at my Crossfit gym. 6 hours of technique with nothing more than a 45 lb bar and I could barely use my hands for three days after.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Let's see 2min miles.

Let's just do it already
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

hellyeahbrother.gif

Let's see 2min miles.

Let's just do it already

Weekend Update: Kevin Nealon on the All-Drug Olympics - SNL
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:11:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
For those with interest, and time.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQLweuRSD9M

View Quote

Suspiciously commie avatar....
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:11:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Rasputin on super high doses of Lance Armstrong or Dwayne Johnson juice would have been interesting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Imagine blood doping with HGH, massive testosterone and meth.

I want to see these men.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:12:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No I'm not confusing them.  Just making an argument as to why we don't compete well at the Olympics.  It is because Olympic lifts are not popular here because we concentrate on powerlifting more. I guess it's just not a very good point.
View Quote

There is also the other direction. Powerlifting is not in the olympics so no State athlete selection and drug programs.

So the Chinese and Russians State-produced athletes don't overwhelm the US lifters in powerlifting.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:14:26 PM EDT
[#44]
We've been feeding boys soy for two generations, now they can only compete against women.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I want to see these men.
View Quote

China will probably give everyone a preview for their olympics.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Olympic lifts are not only done at the olympics lol
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:16:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe....lol....

Yeah we have strong guys, I agree. I would argue it really doesn't have anything to do with weightlifting though.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:16:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want to see these men.

That's the sad part. You're seeing the best China can do with drugs.

Imagine US tech with Icelandic bros and you have pretty much mythical monsters destroying cities. And they probably will from the roid rage.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:17:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like something a weak lifter not in the Olympics would say
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:17:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I want to see these men.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want to see these men.

" Socially"?

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top