Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 5/28/2021 10:34:07 AM EDT
Extraordinary explanations for UFOs look increasingly plausible

Groundbreaking journalism has shattered the UFO taboo. But from what is publicly known about a series of unexplained military encounters with objects that appear to defy the laws of physics, tantalizing reporting by The New York Times, Fox News’ Tucker Carlson, The New Yorker and 60 Minutes might only scratch the surface of an extraordinary story.

Indeed, by eliminating unlikely explanations for these mysterious phenomena, two mind-boggling explanations are increasingly plausible. Either theory – a remarkable technological leap by a foreign government or “non-human technology” at work – would have profound global implications.  

To be sure, a community of skeptics and debunkers makes convincing arguments that some recent incidents breathlessly promoted by UFO enthusiasts have prosaic explanations. But after years of study by government analysts with access to an array of sensitive data, several other encounters cannot be easily chalked up to mundane factors.

John Brennan, Obama’s CIA director (and, importantly, a fierce Ratcliffe critic), went even further, openly speculating that the objects might “constitute a different form of life.”

Make no mistake: Former high-ranking intelligence officials do not make such extraordinary statements without some analytic backing. That Brennan and Ratcliffe reside on entirely opposite ends of the political spectrum is all the more remarkable.

Obama, Ratcliffe and Brennan’s statements strongly suggest that intelligence analysts – drawing upon specialized technical expertise and a broad array of supporting sensor data – have concluded that these incidents cannot be explained by mundane, everyday factors.

Brennan’s remarkable speculation about “different form[s] of life,” in particular, is a fairly robust indicator that experts have all but ruled out balloons, birds, distant airliners or technical glitches as explanations for these phenomena. Indeed, former CIA directors do not typically theorize publicly about extraterrestrials — and certainly not without some analytic underpinning that rules out prosaic explanations.

Other commenters insist that these objects are highly classified U.S. aircraft. But if these were ultra-secret military experiments, an ex-president and former top intelligence officials would not have spoken so candidly about the objects’ apparent technical capabilities. Moreover, Brennan’s speculation about “different form[s] of life” makes for a particularly odd way of publicly deflecting from experimental U.S. aircraft when a standard “no comment” would have sufficed.

But by far the best debunkers of the "super-secret-U.S.-aircraft" theory are the very naval aviators who encountered the objects.

Similarly, Sens. Mark Warner (D-Va.) and Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), whose positions atop the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence afford them access to high-level intelligence briefings, would not have voiced strong national security concerns if the objects were secret U.S. aircraft or if more mundane factors could explain these phenomena.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#1]
As long as their women are hot and don't bitch at you through telepathy I'm down.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 10:42:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Brennan is an alternate form of life
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 10:43:45 AM EDT
[#3]
If you are an alien and you are reading this thread, be forewarned....

I am going to have  your children's liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

And your head is going over my fireplace mantle.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 10:45:47 AM EDT
[#4]
The author is a prolific super-lib, FWIW.  

"Marik von Rennenkampff (NPTS '15) served as an analyst with the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of International Security and Nonproliferation, as well as an Obama administration appointee at the U.S. Department of Defense."  

Also wrote: How to shut down your Trump-supporting family member at Thanksgiving dinner, As election fraud claims collapse, a rare opportunity to undermine Trumpism, Pro-choice pastors like Raphael Warnock have the Bible, history on their side, etc.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 10:46:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As long as their women are hot and don't bitch at you through telepathy I'm down.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2021 10:47:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Groundbreaking journalism has shattered the UFO taboo. But from what is publicly known about a series of unexplained military encounters with objects that appear to defy the laws of physics, tantalizing reporting by The New York Times, Fox News’ Tucker Carlson, The New Yorker and 60 Minutes might only scratch the surface of an extraordinary story.

Indeed, by eliminating unlikely explanations for these mysterious phenomena, two mind-boggling explanations are increasingly plausible. Either theory – a remarkable technological leap by a foreign government or “non-human technology” at work – would have profound global implications.  

To be sure, a community of skeptics and debunkers makes convincing arguments that some recent incidents breathlessly promoted by UFO enthusiasts have prosaic explanations. But after years of study by government analysts with access to an array of sensitive data, several other encounters cannot be easily chalked up to mundane factors.

John Brennan, Obama’s CIA director (and, importantly, a fierce Ratcliffe critic), went even further, openly speculating that the objects might “constitute a different form of life.”

Make no mistake: Former high-ranking intelligence officials do not make such extraordinary statements without some analytic backing. That Brennan and Ratcliffe reside on entirely opposite ends of the political spectrum is all the more remarkable.

Obama, Ratcliffe and Brennan’s statements strongly suggest that intelligence analysts – drawing upon specialized technical expertise and a broad array of supporting sensor data – have concluded that these incidents cannot be explained by mundane, everyday factors.

Brennan’s remarkable speculation about “different form[s] of life,” in particular, is a fairly robust indicator that experts have all but ruled out balloons, birds, distant airliners or technical glitches as explanations for these phenomena. Indeed, former CIA directors do not typically theorize publicly about extraterrestrials — and certainly not without some analytic underpinning that rules out prosaic explanations.

Other commenters insist that these objects are highly classified U.S. aircraft. But if these were ultra-secret military experiments, an ex-president and former top intelligence officials would not have spoken so candidly about the objects’ apparent technical capabilities. Moreover, Brennan’s speculation about “different form[s] of life” makes for a particularly odd way of publicly deflecting from experimental U.S. aircraft when a standard “no comment” would have sufficed.

But by far the best debunkers of the "super-secret-U.S.-aircraft" theory are the very naval aviators who encountered the objects.

Similarly, Sens. Mark Warner (D-Va.) and Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), whose positions atop the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence afford them access to high-level intelligence briefings, would not have voiced strong national security concerns if the objects were secret U.S. aircraft or if more mundane factors could explain these phenomena.
View Quote

I still think they are ours.

I also think they were not developed through traditional defense/aviation companies and I am more willing to believe that there is a component of our government that operates outside the bounds of even intel committee people.

What is more plausible? A black project not developed by one of the regular defense contractors outside the purview of of the political side of the intel world or little green men visiting us?
And I also believe it is "non human technology". They are not piloted by humans, they are UAVs/drones.

Link Posted: 5/28/2021 10:47:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quality post from a 21'er. That's rare.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Brennan lied about being a communist to get into the CIA, I wouldn’t trust anything he says.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 10:50:40 AM EDT
[#9]
This is a lot of hype for the planet Venus.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Gotta get a D and an R to speak on it so both sides but some belief in it.

I wonder if they got fed a bunch of shit
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#11]
This stuff, and especially the connected and generally reputable people on both sides of the political spectrum talking about it now, has me pretty unnerved.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 10:55:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

They will just kill you after sex to feed to their larvae
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 10:57:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Both sides of the political spectrum are teaming up?

They are going to sell earthlings down the river in order to sell us out to potential new voters and new bribe/revenue streams.

At least we have that to depend on.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 10:58:17 AM EDT
[#14]
You know, about the election fraud...SQUERILL!
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I also think they were not developed through traditional defense/aviation companies and I am more willing to believe that there is a component of our government that operates outside the bounds of even intel committee people.

What is more plausible? A black project not developed by one of the regular defense contractors outside the purview of of the political side of the intel world or little green men visiting us?
And I also believe it is "non human technology". They are not piloted by humans, they are UAVs/drones.

View Quote

Not a chance.

Lock-Mart, Boeing et al all live to bleed the taxpayers dry. They’re not about building super hot rods for our military. They are all about pushing projects just far enough they are too costly to cancel then going to Uncle Sugar and demanding more cheddar to get it to the finish line...

Link Posted: 5/28/2021 10:58:59 AM EDT
[#16]
I still think it is bullshit.  

Which has higher probability?

Grainy faked video with some fake testimony to distract the public from issues we should be paying closer attention to.

Aliens visit from another planet but instead of observing undetected from space, they fly their weird shaped ships in crazy nonsensical patterns just to get a reaction from us.

Of course there is option 3 which is the simulation is just fucking with us.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:00:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Some of them are, but not all or most of them.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:00:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Groundbreaking journalism has shattered the UFO taboo. But from what is publicly known about a series of unexplained military encounters with objects that appear to defy the laws of physics, tantalizing reporting by The New York Times, Fox News' Tucker Carlson, The New Yorker and 60 Minutes might only scratch the surface of an extraordinary story.

Indeed, by eliminating unlikely explanations for these mysterious phenomena, two mind-boggling explanations are increasingly plausible. Either theory  a remarkable technological leap by a foreign government or "non-human technology" at work  would have profound global implications.  

John Brennan, Obama's CIA director (and, importantly, a fierce Ratcliffe critic), went even further, openly speculating that the objects might "constitute a different form of life."

Obama, Ratcliffe and Brennan's statements strongly suggest that intelligence analysts  drawing upon specialized technical expertise and a broad array of supporting sensor data  have concluded that these incidents cannot be explained by mundane, everyday factors.

Brennan's remarkable speculation about "different form[s] of life," in particular, is a fairly robust indicator that experts have all but ruled out balloons, birds, distant airliners or technical glitches as explanations for these phenomena. Indeed, former CIA directors do not typically theorize publicly about extraterrestrials  and certainly not without some analytic underpinning that rules out prosaic explanations.

Other commenters insist that these objects are highly classified U.S. aircraft. But if these were ultra-secret military experiments, an ex-president and former top intelligence officials would not have spoken so candidly about the objects' apparent technical capabilities. Moreover, Brennan's speculation about "different form[s] of life" makes for a particularly odd way of publicly deflecting from experimental U.S. aircraft when a standard "no comment" would have sufficed.

View Quote
Theyre drones collecting ElInt
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:00:56 AM EDT
[#19]
"Groundbreaking Journalism"  lol, you guys believe anything that fits your preconceived minds

video of physics breaking maneuvers?
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:01:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

They are going to sell earthlings down the river in order to sell us out to potential new voters and new bribe/revenue streams.

View Quote

There is no "two sides" to the political spectrum.  There may be an occasional outlier, but the vast bulk of our "elected" representatives are running an open con.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:01:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:01:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Everyone should start claiming that UFOs are driving climate change, just to watch heads explode.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:01:53 AM EDT
[#23]
They're ours.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#24]
LMAO.

GROUNDBREAKING JOURNALISM!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:07:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Don't look at Joe, look over there! See! UFOs!!!!  

Just another distractor from the tragic reality that is the Biden regime.   Millions pouring over our borders, printing money like candy, rising inflation, but LOOOOOOK U F Os!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:07:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There is no "two sides" to the political spectrum.  There may be an occasional outlier, but the vast bulk of our "elected" representatives are running an open con.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you.

Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:07:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Fuck Brennan.  That lying NSA spying piece of shit for a human.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Not a chance.

Lock-Mart, Boeing et al all live to bleed the taxpayers dry. They’re not about building super hot rods for our military. They are all about pushing projects just far enough they are too costly to cancel then going to Uncle Sugar and demanding more cheddar to get it to the finish line...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a chance.

It’s simpler than that. There are requests for proposal, and everyone wants to win. Therefore they all insist that they can meet the KPP’s with no problem.

After the business development people promise the world, the engineers are yoked with the impossible task of making it all work within a schedule and budget that assumes everything is perfectly integrated on the first pass.

Occam’s razor here. Nobody is incentivized to say “ho Lee fuk this is gonna be a big expensive challenge.”
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:07:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Don't look at Joe, look over there! See! UFOs!!!!  

Just another distractor from the tragic reality that is the Biden regime.   Millions pouring over our borders, printing money like candy, rising inflation, but LOOOOOOK U F Os!!!!!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:08:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Grainy faked video with some fake testimony to distract the public from issues we should be paying closer attention to.

Aliens visit from another planet but instead of observing undetected from space, they fly their weird shaped ships in crazy nonsensical patterns just to get a reaction from us.

View Quote
Faking radar returns on the most advanced AESA radars in the world too?

The US has Sonar data from these objects as well.

Prepare to become a believer.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:09:50 AM EDT
[#31]
The Dems are salivating at a new batch of aliens to court with free shit.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:10:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP is right.  Before all of GD signs up for DEATH BY SNOO SNOO.  They should remember, that some here have been "So lovingly" probed in the past.  They know that SNOO SNOO is cool with a giant Amazonian chick, but its not cool with a giant Praying Mantis Alien or one of the lizard women.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:10:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

You are being generous.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:11:18 AM EDT
[#34]
I get the feeling that the June Report is going to be disappointing in that it won’t say one way or the other.  It’ll just be ‘we don’t know what’s happening here except they’re not ours’
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Brennan lied about being a communist to get into the CIA, I wouldn’t trust anything he says.
View Quote

But did he really lie?

Or was being a communist a stealth career booster?

Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:12:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Lol arfcom quoting the hill now.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:12:31 AM EDT
[#37]
If they are aliens I hope they're woke, otherwise they'll have to attend CRT classes.

Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:13:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is a good point. If they can come here, why are they so easily detected.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:14:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Which is more likely.

An alien species travels trillions of miles at speeds far greater than the speed of light, to accidentally find a small backwater planet, literally in the middle of nowhere, OR

US arms development is running tests against current tech to determine if our radars, sonars, detection devices, etc. can find and track new tech in the real world?

I'm not betting on Marvin showing up.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:15:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If you are an alien and you are reading this thread, be forewarned....

I am going to have  your children's liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

And your head is going over my fireplace mantle.
View Quote

Link to newsletter.....?
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:15:46 AM EDT
[#41]
I don't think they're aliens. I think they are some kind of submarine-launched drones. These sightings seem to happen mostly in areas the U.S. Navy does exercises off of San Diego and Norfolk.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:16:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eh, depending on the day that may be worth it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:17:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:19:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because they don't give a shit if we detect them or not?
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:20:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

pics, video, charts of radar/sonar returns? or are you taking the funding hungry govts word for it?  big ole LOL.  

So the most advanced radars and tech don't have glitches/bugs?  How that Zimwalt and F35 doin'?  A guy posted in one of the many UFO threads here about how he worked on sensor systems and 100% of unknown anomalies generated over the years were traced down to other flying aircraft emissions.  His post was largely ignored.  Those green men still coming?
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:22:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

isn't he the Communist Muslim?
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:23:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Those first two words, " Groundbreaking journalism..."

I haven't seen that in years.

It's much more rare than UFO's.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:23:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are sighting that predate WW1.

You think it's plausible that humans had advanced tech and DIDN'T use it in either of those wars?  That's more far-fetched than aliens or time travelers IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:24:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This stuff, and especially the connected and generally reputable people on both sides of the political spectrum talking about it now, has me pretty unnerved.
View Quote

It's supposed to. The rule through fear of covid went spectacularly - but it's starting to wear off more and more people. They're beginning to prop up a new monster.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

There are sighting that predate WW1.

You think it's plausible that humans had advanced tech and DIDN'T use it in either of those wars?  That's more far-fetched than aliens or time travelers IMHO.
View Quote

Ya, and that's the only reason I put any belief they're aliens. Unless time travelers went back and planted them
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top